Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Poque posted:

Fantasy Football 2021: Why is Lamar always sick and pooping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Poque posted:

Fantasy Football 2021: Why is Lamar always sick and pooping?

Please. I actually never understood what “Open Burr Kupp” was supposed to reference. “Open ‘er up?”

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Isn't Lamars power meal or whatever shrimp scampi or something dumb? His guts are in constant hell during the season.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

Lamar Jackson held out of practice due to (non-Covid) illness today.

What the hell is his deal? Why is Lamar always sick and pooping? Does he just go around open-mouth kissing strangers and eating out of dumpsters all the time?

years from now we'll find out he's a huge drunk

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

freeman posted:

Are you on a platform where his projected points are suggesting he's not playing this week? Some people sort by projected points when putting in claims and he might not show.

Also he wouldn't show up in the "transaction trends" section because most people wouldn't be adding/dropping him.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He’s been out 4 weeks (1 of those was a bye), has done well in 3 games and has done gently caress all the other 3. He’s been in my bench most of the season taking up space.

I feel like this is a bit of a mischaracterization. He was out week 3, so he has missed 4 weeks not including the bye, not 3. He scored 19 .5 PPR points or more in 3 of the 5 games he played. One other game he was 7/63 which is not amazing but hardly a massive bust. He really only has had one bad week in which he played, week 2.

Now I'm not going to say he's a surefire stud or anything, especially given his injuries. But when he's been active he's been a big part of the offense and I would hold a bench spot for him if I could.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Whoreson Welles posted:

Please. I actually never understood what “Open Burr Kupp” was supposed to reference. “Open ‘er up?”

I don’t understand it either. Its not a very good title

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Same, it’s not funny nor does it make sense

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I've been wondering about the thread title for like 6 months now lol

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

We got to vote on last years title. Another attack on democracy.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I assumed it was like a "Open Back Up?" thing, like how people are/were chanting for stores and stuff to open up during lockdown?

I don't know who the gently caress "Burr" is, though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don’t even want to know what it was supposed to mean because it will inevitably be worse than whatever we make up in our heads.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If the 2022 thread doesn’t make a #2 joke, we all lose.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Vargo posted:

I assumed it was like a "Open Back Up?" thing, like how people are/were chanting for stores and stuff to open up during lockdown?

Joe Burrow of course, who goes by the nickname Burr and throws the pigskin to Cooper Kupp

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I see the broadway success of Hamilton has even bled into the Armchair Quarterback sub-subforum of Something Awful. The reference of course being to historical figure Aaron Burr, who

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
K. Murray practiced today. Praise Nurgle.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

I don’t even want to know what it was supposed to mean because it will inevitably be worse than whatever we make up in our heads.

sourdough posted:

Joe Burrow of course, who goes by the nickname Burr and throws the pigskin to Cooper Kupp

See!?!?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Vargo posted:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Vargo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIaAvoQAZAU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Wow what a blast from the past. Also instantly recognized that Radio DJ as Rob Paulsen, famous cartoon voice actor.

Anyway change the thread title to the Lamar bowel movement thing tia

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Trade options for .5 PPR:

I give:

Elijah Mitchell
David Montgomery
Kyle Pitts

I get:
Aaron Jones
Tyler Hockenson

This is a league where I'm in first and guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. I can definitely float Aaron Jones on my IR for a few weeks, and the rest of my team looks like this:

Thoughts? Am I tinkering too much? Should I try to push him up from Hock to like an Aiyuck?

Vargo fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 18, 2021

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

If there is no byes for the first round, thats a slam dunk to me

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Vargo posted:

Thoughts? Am I tinkering too much? Should I try to push him up from Hock to like an Aiyuck?

I’d take a hard pass. Montgomery might outscore Jones ROS on his own. And RBs are in short supply and will probably get worse going forward. I wouldn’t want to get rid of two startable RBs even if it’s an upgrade which considering Jones’ injury and Montgomery’s potential isn’t for sure.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I’m in a similar situation. For the first time in a long time I’m actually in first with a good team and solid depth. I keep thinking I should try to trade people and plan for the playoffs but at the end of the day it’s all a complete luck crapshoot and I got this far with my team so why fix it if it ain’t broken, right?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My only fear with that trade is that you lose a lot of depth if a RB gets injured.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 18, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Also that guy offered you a knockoff Hockenson

(I also wouldn't do the trade and see Pitts/Monty Hock/Jones roughly equally)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Yeah I guess at the end of the day it doesn't make sense to trade two startable RBs for one, even if that one is Aaron Jones. I already have two powerhouse RBs in Taylor and Conner, I better hold the depth in case of injuries and not risk my #1 bye week slot.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have made the thread title during one of my brutally exhausting stays in the hospital with my son. I'm pretty sure I meant "open 'er up," but that's not really a phrase that was very popular

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 18, 2021

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Damien Harris cleared concussion protocol. Alas for Rhamondre, Son of Stephen.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Damien Harris cleared concussion protocol. Alas for Rhamondre, Son of Stephen.

I think I am going to start both of them.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Pain of Mind posted:

I think I am going to start both of them.

Ugh I’m considering starting Stevenson over Rashod Bateman and Manny Sanders in my flex spot

I’m 4-6 so I guess YOLO but am I a crazy person for doing this?

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Cat Hassler posted:

Ugh I’m considering starting Stevenson over Rashod Bateman and Manny Sanders in my flex spot

It's not the worst idea, but I like Bateman this week, he seems like he's moving up.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Cat Hassler posted:

Those are better than my flex options and I think NE will run a lot against ATL and Stevenson has earned more carries :shrug:. I can see each of them getting 12+ touches unless the game script gets all wonky because ATL blows them out.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Cat Hassler posted:

Please don't start Thursday night players in your flex spot.

E: By all means, start Stevenson if you want, just plug him into a RB spot

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
♤ OP tip right there. You want your latest starting players in your flex to maximize your options if they are last minute scratches due to illness or warmups or whatever.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

The Zack posted:

Please don't start Thursday night players in your flex spot.

E: By all means, start Stevenson if you want, just plug him into a RB spot

Yeah but usually when people say "starting as my RB1" or "flex" or whatever, they mean as an indication of that option's quality relative to their team, not the literal slot they're filling. Like, Darrell Henderson was my RB1 last week, but he was in my flex spot.

e: I know that post said literally "in my flex spot" lol, but just more generally, "not sure whether to flex x or y" doesn't mean literally putting them in your flex spot

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
My entire team is Sunday at 1 this week, other than 1 Thursday night player. It will be weird not having stakes in the Sunday night or Monday game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

BigFactory posted:

My entire team is Sunday at 1 this week, other than 1 Thursday night player. It will be weird not having stakes in the Sunday night or Monday game.

if your opponent does, then you have stakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

sourdough posted:

Yeah but usually when people say "starting as my RB1" or "flex" or whatever, they mean as an indication of that option's quality relative to their team, not the literal slot they're filling. Like, Darrell Henderson was my RB1 last week, but he was in my flex spot.

e: I know that post said literally "in my flex spot" lol, but just more generally, "not sure whether to flex x or y" doesn't mean literally putting them in your flex spot

Just wanted to be clear.

I'm the same way. I'm 'flexing' Damien Harris tonight, and James Robinson is in my actual Flex spot.