Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Discussion? On a sports forum?!?
Steelers: washed or not washed? And why is the answer Both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Goddamn the Bengals piss me off

that's right. let's put the blame where it belongs

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Receiver contracts include bonus' for receptions, tds and yards. Yes they want the ball and it's going to make them look like dickheads if you're willing to ignore that they want to get paid.

Which yeah sports media. It's mostly rea bad.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ever think that receivers can have big egos because they’re objectively badass? Makes you think.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Are the Cardinals bad? I don't mean, will they win or lose at any point. Wins and losses, ties too, those are all temporary. What really matters is, can you look yourself in the mirror before your daily shave and say "The Cardinals Are Good". It's a haunting concept. Even when they've made deep playoff runs, the team falls apart too quickly to appreciate the concept of "good". For every magical Palmer/Warner years, you get my sweet prince Drew Stanton boogying the Cardinals to mediocrity soon after.

Kyler is good. He's not perfect yet but that's an impossible expectation. He's also funny. That's a good sign. Kliff is pretty. I think he's a poo poo playcaller though. He's sure better than I thought he'd be though. Can he break through his shortcomings as a coach and also develop? Nuk is an INCREDIBLE WR, but most of my life has had one and it's not indicative of winning or anything.

The defense feels good? Are they? Watt was propping up the run stopping, and the pass defense is held with scotch tape. I don't watch them play and think "wow, this defense is atrocious", but I can't quite call them "good".

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1461011743300276229

Bears are fuuuucked

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1461014822699642880?t=J_-IA1YC75PNyVSSaQvzlw&s=19

Boyle time. Rough news for the Blough-hards.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sweet thursday posted:

the Steelers' defense is too good lose to a team as crappy as the Lions, but the offense is not even good enough to beat a team as crappy as the Lions

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the Steelers D is good enough to make a game with anyone messy, but their offense is subpar with Ben and atrocious without him, so they have to rely on good coaching and situational football to scrap out wins against... anyone.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Forrest on Fire posted:

Are the Cardinals bad? I don't mean, will they win or lose at any point. Wins and losses, ties too, those are all temporary. What really matters is, can you look yourself in the mirror before your daily shave and say "The Cardinals Are Good". It's a haunting concept. Even when they've made deep playoff runs, the team falls apart too quickly to appreciate the concept of "good". For every magical Palmer/Warner years, you get my sweet prince Drew Stanton boogying the Cardinals to mediocrity soon after.

Kyler is good. He's not perfect yet but that's an impossible expectation. He's also funny. That's a good sign. Kliff is pretty. I think he's a poo poo playcaller though. He's sure better than I thought he'd be though. Can he break through his shortcomings as a coach and also develop? Nuk is an INCREDIBLE WR, but most of my life has had one and it's not indicative of winning or anything.

The defense feels good? Are they? Watt was propping up the run stopping, and the pass defense is held with scotch tape. I don't watch them play and think "wow, this defense is atrocious", but I can't quite call them "good".

I saw them play in Cleveland and it’s unreal how good the Cards/Kyler looked in person. They did nothing but carve up the Browns D. Insert Joe Woods joke. Kyler is everything I wish Baker was.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

never heard of him, lets check up on his credentials

ah yeah, was the backup at the worst football program in the FBS before transferring to the mighty Eastern Kentucky Colonels, named after Colonel Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken fame, where he put up an extremely mediocre statline for an FCS starter.

makes sense he's in the nfl!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Everyone carved up the Browns D.

They are really bad right now

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Forrest on Fire posted:

imo they have been lucky and the 8-2 record is an anchor around any discussion of how good they are. this feels like any of the years where palmer got hurt and they crumbled under the limelight.

i like everyone on the team but injuries have made it so they are less than the sum of the players, specifically now when literally everyone is hurt at the same time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Jesus Christ just get him a regular prescription of Imodium.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel people turning on the cards is weird considering they only have one loss to the current number one seed and a loss without their main QB.

Which….is not an easy thing to accomplish

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Forrest on Fire posted:

all teams are both bad, and good, simultaneously. it's a higher level concept that not everyone is equipped to understand

lamar's making GBS threads game is UNMATCHED. don't even try to argue

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Everyone carved up the Browns D.

They are really bad right now

I mean, in between the Cardinals and Patriots game, the Browns gave up 14, 15 and 16 points to teams that average 20, 20 and 26 points.

Though their defensive ranking in DVOA did crater from that Patriots game though and adjustments to previous games yeesh. 12th to 26th.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

As long as kyler is healthy, yes the cards are a genuinely good team this year imo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Here come the pretzels

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1461025294106640389?t=FOmQkxTIRMgDkBJmdcCNSw&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/H_Grove/status/1461027836525957124?t=SNtlZLiqcM1yTJXcTQLv1w&s=19

Welp. Considering he asked for a trade after an 11-5 season, that all tracks.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

sweet thursday posted:

A Terrible Towel can be washed but can never be free of the greasy residue that permeated the fabric.

:drat: The Simpsons predicted the future again!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7KVbTcvjJg

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

You can call them Stafford Stuffers

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jesus Christ just get him a regular prescription of Imodium.

I wish he'd saved his powerup for a division game but I guess he knows better then I do

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel people turning on the cards is weird considering they only have one loss to the current number one seed and a loss without their main QB.

Which….is not an easy thing to accomplish

The people giving their critical analysis on the cards are either cards fans (stockholm syndrome by now) or fans from the same division (vested interest in the cardinals being crap, also delusional). The people on the sidelines are probably fantasy football fans with all of their cardinals on the bench sending well wishes

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

funny headline and lede aside, just a bad person.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Cardinals are very good. That they've gone 1-1 without their starting QB/EliteWR combo is hardly shocking and no reason to doubt them.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Goddamn the Bengals piss me off

There's two inevitable facts about the Bengals.

If they're playing a backup quarterback who's name you don't recognize they're going to lose.

You should not expect the person who beats them to ever play to that level again.

For some reason all the other NFL teams are too mean to let Mr. White get 300 yards after catch from his receivers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Maybe the Rams have the wrong Stafford at QB.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

apologizing for throwing a pretzel at someone is a sign of weakness. don't let anyone make you feel guilty for that

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

apologizing for throwing a pretzel at someone is a sign of weakness. don't let anyone make you feel guilty for that

Apparently the victim was pretty salty after the incident.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fan should've made like a 49e'rs DB and enjoyed the tasty treat being airmailed to them.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

wandler20 posted:

Apparently the victim was pretty salty after the incident.

:golfclap:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Play posted:

Yeah, there's no need for her to get twisted up in a knot

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lamar getting sick once a month makes more sense now that I know he has a a toddler.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
According to DVOA both Green Bay and Tennessee are among the worst 8-2 teams in history, only furthering my crusade against DVOA.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-analysis/2021/buffalo-bills-back-no-1-dvoa

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

According to DVOA both Green Bay and Tennessee are among the worst 8-2 teams in history, only furthering my crusade against DVOA.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-analysis/2021/buffalo-bills-back-no-1-dvoa

Seems right to me. 2021 is officially the Year of the Fraud

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Stafford is much like a pretzel:

Knot mvp

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
thougth of this last night when i was high:

what if big name NFL players are just saying they have COVID to take a week off because they dont wanna play 17 games??? :tinfoil:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Lamar getting sick once a month makes more sense now that I know he has a a toddler.

Wait really? Yeah that would explain a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Tennessee does not surprise me, the Titans are all about getting ugly wins when things get tough. Our offense is falling apart without Henry and a true WR2, and it's mostly our defense suddenly playing out of their minds that won us the past couple of games. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to the Texans and then trounce the Patriots the next two games. It's mainly about getting that bye, getting Julio on the loving field, and hoping Henry's ready for the playoffs.

Packers is just because of the Saints and Chiefs games, which is just usual DVOA stupidity.