Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
also one of this dude's criticisms about this thread was that no bowtie wearing nerd was going to read butler, you know, that philosopher i mentioned offhand once.

then he wrote an infinite mountain of pointless reactionary poo poo, and like all jorp fanboys, thought he was somehow radical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
jorp has no new and exciting point, he's a clown man, with clown ideas

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Ihki posted:

And I talked about them multiple times afterwards since I have opinions on their philosophy. I might've brought her up anyway, having written some essays before on the whole transcendentalism/history/postmodernity/Butler/Zizek/Hegel space I mentioned. That's been central to my critique of some postmodern happenings. Wouldn't call it celebrated, but well received, anyway.

If it's clear that my respect for them is a reactionary fantasy used to cover up my secret sympathies for Peterson's trans bigotry, then I simply can't fathom how that even works. I also called some ideas of gender identity in 21st century LGBT ideology rigid and conservative, that would be a better angle to call me a Nazi sympathizer or whatever. Because yeah, maybe I am a reactionary, but that can at least be a radical position. This thread is worse yet, simply conservative.

Do you ever have a point, or do you just hide behind word salad like a shield for the cowardly? You inability to make a point among a sea of words has some real big-brain energy.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

okokokokok but when you say he touches on "real issues of the epoch" what issues do you think he's touching on?

just say the quiet part loud my dude! what's good about jorp?

I'm not giving you guys more Jorp content, sorry. I'm watching Dopesick's last episode, on the U.S. opioid/Oxy crisis (great show), and it feels like half of you are itching to to suck dick for someone to make you even angrier about Jordan Peterson.

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

also one of this dude's criticisms about this thread was that no bowtie wearing nerd was going to read butler, you know, that philosopher i mentioned offhand once.

then he wrote an infinite mountain of pointless reactionary poo poo, and like all jorp fanboys, thought he was somehow radical

me, a hero: i think trans people aren't the gender they say they are and i think god is cool! conservative is the new punk!!!

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Ihki posted:

I'm not giving you guys more Jorp content, sorry. I'm watching Dopesick's last episode, on the U.S. opioid/Oxy crisis (great show), and it feels like half of you are itching to to suck dick for someone to make you even angrier about Jordan Peterson.

You aren’t a victim, no one made you post. Your victim complex is about the only thing clear in your writing.

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr

Ihki posted:

Jordan Peterson is a clown man and I'm here because his ideas are very funny

You should name one of his ideas that you think is good, coward

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3amVIppIJIw

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Ihki posted:

I think you're projecting

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
hates GBS, makes 200 posts in it defending jordan peterson

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Ihki posted:

Keep rolling with those punches

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

hates GBS, makes 200 posts in it defending jordan peterson

“I can’t be defending jorpon peders if I’m not saying anything at all” :smuggo:

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr

Ihki posted:

Cock is one of my favorite tastes. Not only that, but balls smell amazing. It makes me go a little crazy on it to be honest. Like, I cannot get it far enough down my throat to be satisfied. I’m only satisfied when I feel those intense, powerful, salty, hot pumps of cum down my throat. When I sit back on my heels, look up at you with cum all over my mouth and slobber running down my neck, hair all hosed up and wipe my mouth with the back of my arm and ask you if I did a good job and you cannot even speak because I’ve drained all of your energy out the tip of your dick….. That’s when I’m satisfied!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

jorp has no new and exciting point, he's a clown man, with clown ideas

Granted I'm a dumb rear end in a top hat who doesn't read but the grandma pube paintbrush to the face story seems kind of original.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

Cock is one of my favorite tastes. Not only that, but balls smell amazing. It makes me go a little crazy on it to be honest. Like, I cannot get it far enough down my throat to be satisfied. I’m only satisfied when I feel those intense, powerful, salty, hot pumps of cum down my throat. When I sit back on my heels, look up at you with cum all over my mouth and slobber running down my neck, hair all hosed up and wipe my mouth with the back of my arm and ask you if I did a good job and you cannot even speak because I’ve drained all of your energy out the tip of your dick….. That’s when I’m satisfied!

:prepop:

This is ideology

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr

Mr.Tophat posted:

:prepop:

This is ideology

this is the sublime object of ideology that zizek was talken about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YamAsbzPKA

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Ihki posted:

I tried that once for a political cause I believed in. Per ECHR, that made me a political prisoner of conscience, or thinking intersectionally, a POC.

You're such a weaselly piece of poo poo, oh my God.

Serious question: are you white?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

Wow!!!!!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

this is the sublime object of ideology that zizek was talken about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YamAsbzPKA

:hmmyes:

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
i think this guy has a point. what point? ohhhh sorry, I cannot tell you I am too busy watching videos on the internet, you'll have to get your silly little entertainment elsewhere, churl.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

Look dude that's pretty hosed up to compare this loser to gay men having a good time

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
i didn't suck dick for about a decade and maybe a couple months ago i sucked dick again and it was great

in a funny way this reflects my forums journey because i didn't post for about the same amount of time, came back to poo poo on lowtaxes grave, met three furries in his funeral thread, did a bunch of shitposting here, and i think yeah i'm back babey

also just so none of you think poorly of me - i was having sex that entire time, i just wasn't sucking dick. Cool

Jorp is a loving clown

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This thread has become the epoch of post-modern zealotry of which you hateful neoliberalists shall rage against the idolatry created by the great Jordan K Peterson.

Pugnacious group of scoundrels, you lot.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Xtian Boyz Unyte

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

also just so none of you think poorly of me - i was having sex that entire time, i just wasn't sucking dick. Cool

With women or you’re just selfish?

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr

TheBizzness posted:

With women or you’re just selfish?

both

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I could never support Jordan Peterson after I saw him playing the guitar on the MTV, that ain't workin.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

OK so I've lost track. How long has it been since that Canadian bill has been law? And how many people have been thrown in jail for misuse of pronouns?

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr

mojo1701a posted:

OK so I've lost track. How long has it been since that Canadian bill has been law? And how many people have been thrown in jail for misuse of pronouns?

five and zero lmao

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
I honestly can't believe its only been 5 years and jorp gave us all this comedy already

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

five and zero lmao

My, how time flies.

Probably been even longer since the provincial version of that statute was on the books, too, huh?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

I honestly can't believe its only been 5 years and jorp gave us all this comedy already

He may live in my head, but the comedy gold pays for the rent.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Waiting for ihki to write 1000 words about how cock does not taste good. This will be done with no empirical data of course, purely deductive reasoning from a theoretical standpoint.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ihki posted:

And I talked about them multiple times afterwards since I have opinions on their philosophy. I might've brought her (e: them, it's been hard to get used to but IIRC they don't really mind if I've missed a few) up anyway, having written some essays before on the whole transcendentalism/history/postmodernity/Butler/Zizek/Hegel space I mentioned. That's been central to my critique of some postmodern happenings. Wouldn't call it celebrated, but well received, anyway.

If it's clear that my respect for them is a reactionary fantasy used to cover up my secret sympathies for Peterson's trans bigotry, then I simply can't fathom how that even works. I also called some ideas of gender identity in 21st century LGBT ideology rigid and conservative, that would be a better angle to call me a Nazi sympathizer or whatever. Because yeah, maybe I am a reactionary, but that can at least be a radical position. This thread is worse yet, simply conservative.

You're dumb as gently caress and as boring as a doorknob

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Ihki posted:

And I talked about them multiple times afterwards since I have opinions on their philosophy. I might've brought her (e: them, it's been hard to get used to but IIRC they don't really mind if I've missed a few) up anyway, having written some essays before on the whole transcendentalism/history/postmodernity/Butler/Zizek/Hegel space I mentioned. That's been central to my critique of some postmodern happenings. Wouldn't call it celebrated, but well received, anyway.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I'm convinced Ihki is the new replicant detecting test if you can understand what the gently caress he's trying to espouse, you're a replicant.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

these are all very measured, civil, and completely reasonable reactions

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I could never support Jordan Peterson after I saw him playing the guitar on the MTV, that ain't workin.

that's the way u do it

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Zizek, SATFA, on this topic:

Sex and the Failed Absolute posted:

The notion of a fantasy which cannot be subjectivized brings us back to the “primordial repression” as constitutive of the Lacanian subject, and “primordial repression” also allows us to explain the difference that separates Lacan’s notion of the “barred” subject ($) from Judith Butler’s notion of subjectivity—let’s take a closer look at her criticism of Lacan’s notion of subject. Her starting point is that both Lacan and her own theory endorse the premise that the process of interpellation (symbolic identification) of the subject is incomplete; however, the precise status of this incompletion is different. For Butler, the part of subjectivity excluded or ignored by interpellation is historically variable and as such submitted to possible change (the ignored or excluded part can be re- integrated into subject’s symbolic identity). From such a reading, Lacan’s bar that divides the subject cannot but appear as an ahistorical/transcendental a priori indifferent to political struggles for hegemony because it is their formal condition:

[Butler:] the notion of the uncompleted or barred subject appears to guarantee a certain incompletion of interpellation: “You call me this, but what I am eludes the semantic reach of any such linguistic effort to capture me.” Is this eluding of the call of the other accomplished through the installation of a bar as the condition and structure of all subject- constitution? Is the incompleteness of subject- formation that hegemony requires one in which the subject- in-process is incomplete precisely because it is constituted through exclusions that are politically salient, not structurally static or foundational? And if this distinction is wrong- headed, how are we to think those constituting exclusions that are structural and foundational together with those we take to be politically salient to the movement of hegemony? In other words, should not the incompletion of subject- formation be linked to the democratic contestation over signifiers? Can the ahistorical recourse to the Lacanian bar be reconciled with the strategic question that hegemony poses, or does it stand as a quasi- transcendental limitation on all possible subject- formations and strategies and, hence, as fundamentally indifferent to the political field it is said to condition?

The subject Butler talks about here remains the liberal subject, the subject engaged in the process of continuously expanding the content of its identifications: “My understanding of hegemony is that its normative and optimistic moment consists precisely in the possibilities for expanding the democratic possibilities for the key terms of liberalism, rendering them more inclusive, more dynamic and more concrete.” The “bar” that excludes is thus defined by the dominant social norms which can be changed to include what is excluded and negotiate a wider universality. The exemplary case to which Butler repeatedly refers is, of course, that of the normative heterosexuality which excludes other forms of sexuality or reduces them to secondary deviations or pathologies: the struggle for hegemony allows subjects to expand the notion of sexuality so that it will include as equal other forms (gay and lesbian, transgender . . .). This notion of the hegemonic struggle for negotiating wider and wider forms of universality confirms that Butler’s project remains within the frame of liberalism: the bar is not inscribed into the very notion of subject, it signals incompleteness as a series of contingent exclusions that can be gradually undone, even if this means an endless process . . . Although Butler always emphasizes historicity, this notion of subject with “its normative and optimistic moment”—as an agent engaged in a continuous gradual expansion of its freedoms—is clearly rooted in particular historical context, that of progressive liberalism which advocates gradual expansion of rights and freedoms. The same holds for Butler’s notion of universality: in spite of all her accent on the fragile status of every universality which remains a precarious result of the complex work of translation, there is no antagonism immanent to universality as such, universality remains a forever- elusive horizon of wide and wider inclusion of all particular content. When a universality excludes some particular content, this simply means that it was hegemonized by some of its particular content. For example (taken from Butler herself), when a man finds the idea of performing some homosexual acts totally unacceptable and repulsive, totally foreign to his identity, this means that his notion of sexuality is not able to comprise gay practices.

Emphasis mine. Couldn't have said it better myself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

kntfkr posted:

that's the way u do it

money for bennys
and you meats for free