Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
What is arcane? A LoL character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

What is arcane? A LoL character?

League of Legends Netflix show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXmAurh012s

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Me trying to make anything out in that dark rear end trailer.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Just screen shots from the show. We're Decipher now, boys.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

part of the fun of MTG is the strangely hollow lore that it presents, and how you can fill in those gaps yourself and with cards and flavor text

bringing established ip's with already built worlds into it ruins that aesthetic

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dynamite Dog posted:

part of the fun of MTG is the strangely hollow lore that it presents, and how you can fill in those gaps yourself and with cards and flavor text

bringing established ip's with already built worlds into it ruins that aesthetic

I disagree personally, but the good news is all of the League of Legends cards have existing Magic lore appropriate versions already, and all mechanically unique Universes Beyond (I think that's what UB stands for lol) are having Magic lore appropriate versions released through The List at an increased drop rate. It took them a while, but I think they finally came up with a system that makes everyone happy-ish.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

ok but that doesn't mean poo poo when i'm playing against a guy playing the walking dead card game

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dynamite Dog posted:

ok but that doesn't mean poo poo when i'm playing against a guy playing the walking dead card game

Walking Dead fans deserve a chance to play with Glenn and Rick!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

whydirt posted:

lmao is one of the Arcane characters really named Jayce?

Jayce has been a LoL character since 2012.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

fadam posted:

Clean off your monitor.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

fadam posted:

Clean off your monitor.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

The Shortest Path posted:

Jayce has been a LoL character since 2012.

Jayce is also a real name (as “real” as a name can be), Magic didn’t make it up.

Edit - vvvvvv
This is true. First episode is super generic but the other 5 have been good to great so far, and yeah the animation is probably the best since Spiderverse, it’s really gorgeous.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

No lie though, Arcane is pretty good and has some of the best 3d animation that's ever gone into something this big imo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

No lie though, Arcane is pretty good and has some of the best 3d animation that's ever gone into something this big imo.

I'm not gonna watch it, but it is funny how bad it ate the DotA cartoon's lunch lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Maybe this will be the thing that finally gets AOC into MTG.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Thanks a lot for this, much appreciated. Yah I was assuming average would be like 50% win rate. I will try to jump in a few Premier Drafts this week and will report back. The draft format seems like a lot of fun so at least I'll be enjoying myself even if I don't get a lot of wins.

Remember to get in the goon discord to get drafting help. We've got a small but good community of people who are around to help.

Do eeeeeet.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Clean off your monitor.

you need to clean your mouse, it's double-clicking

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Seems the secret lair bonus for the phyrexian text praetors is a phyrexian text swamp, the jumpstart one, in foil. neat!

are all secret lairs each going to have a specific bonus they come with that's unlisted now? or are they going to do the random poo poo inclusions they did before like the stained glass planeswalkers, I bought the heavy metal tour poster set and it came with a foil stained glass angron

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Captain Invictus posted:

Seems the secret lair bonus for the phyrexian text praetors is a phyrexian text swamp, the jumpstart one, in foil. neat!

are all secret lairs each going to have a specific bonus they come with that's unlisted now? or are they going to do the random poo poo inclusions they did before like the stained glass planeswalkers, I bought the heavy metal tour poster set and it came with a foil stained glass angron

the phyrexian secret lair is also the one where they're pulling the flipped vampire that has a serial number limit as well.

i'm suppose to get mine tomorrow..

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, mine had the swamp. I think they've been doing that for a while. My Seb McKinnon one had a second full art Swamp with slightly different art.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The Goatse Secret Lair would have an excellent Sol Ring, and I like the it's for a good cause. It's about time hemorrhoid's issues got the attention it deserves.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Dynamite Dog posted:

if you like hollow lore then you'll love the league of legends extended universe, Dynamite Dog

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Have they hinted at all if they're selling that MSCHF Secret Lair? Feel like it would make a good xmas gift.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

DangerDongs posted:

The Goatse Secret Lair would have an excellent Sol Ring, and I like the it's for a good cause. It's about time hemorrhoid's issues got the attention it deserves.

Sol Ring
Mudhole
Blood Moon
Doomgape

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Surely Portable Hole should be one

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Sol Ring
Mudhole
Blood Moon
Doomgape
and drat

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

The World Inferno posted:

Have they hinted at all if they're selling that MSCHF Secret Lair? Feel like it would make a good xmas gift.

At the end of this month... but you're not gonna get it by Christmas.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

whydirt posted:

lmao is one of the Arcane characters really named Jayce?

Yeah, he’s a Mayge.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Looking forward to the Among Us Secret Lair.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Toshimo posted:

Clean off your monitor.

It's actually really darkly lit if you don't have your gamma cranked up and they picked out a bunch of high speed action scenes for hype so you can't see any details anyway

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Eej posted:

It's actually really darkly lit if you don't have your gamma cranked up and they picked out a bunch of high speed action scenes for hype so you can't see any details anyway

lol if you aren't crank in' ur gamma all the time.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If anyone ever fucks w/ you the way you thought I was loving with you let me know bc I will fight them IRL

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
fuckin' lmao I also got the mark poole set in foil and I opened it, the plastic pouch with the cards in it was falling apart and the counterspell looks like someone folded it in half

the rest of the cards are mostly fine with what looks like some almost invisible dinging from probably banging against the inside of the box a lot in transit since they fell out of the pouch, but the counterspell got jacked up somehow

it was that and the birds of paradise I bought it for, and it's the only one that's hosed up, hell yeah. let's see what secret lair customer service has to say lol

it's a shame, the praetors and the nonfoil stuff I got are all great. just this one got messed up, unfortunately.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 18, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PleasantDirge posted:

If anyone ever fucks w/ you the way you thought I was loving with you let me know bc I will fight them IRL

Lol thanks bud

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

At modern night ready to blast some merfolk. Let’s Folking Go

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

At modern night ready to blast some merfolk. Let’s Folking Go

What islands do you play? Yes, I will judge you.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Toshimo posted:

lol if you aren't crank in' ur gamma all the time.

anytime a game tells me "set this bar until you can barely see the logo" i'm juicing that poo poo like 4 ticks brighter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sickening posted:

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Sickening posted:

I dunno about anyone else, but my lords of Atlantis are revised so my lands match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Cactrot posted:

I dunno about anyone else, but my lords of Atlantis are revised so my lands match

Simpsons_pathetic.jpeg

White borders are gross.