Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ONE: what kind of stupid hair should i give my stupid op shounen protag? a bowl cut? nah……oh poo poo. what if his shounen hero hair……..is no hair at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

One punch man is a parody of Anpanman, that's all there is to to Saitama's look.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i believe saitama’s baldness is an explicit mockery of the trend for shounen protagonists to have ridiculous and distinct hairstyles and this google image search result for “shounen hair” supports my theory

how is Yugi Moto not an example here

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I have no idea what schedule this thing runs to because it seems like we go months without a chapter and then theres a run of what seems like a chapter every 2 weeks.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
His hair went so up, it went away.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

ONE: what kind of stupid hair should i give my stupid op shounen protag? a bowl cut? nah……oh poo poo. what if his shounen hero hair……..is no hair at all?

He's a smart man.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The schedule is "when its done", pretty much. Its web published and not in a magazine so being irregular doesn't matter as much. In theory it's supposed to be bi-weekly, but in practice its had much longer (and shorter) period between releases.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

how is Yugi Moto not an example here

i dont know but its definitely one of the ones i think of first

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
There is almost always something released every 2 or 3 weeks. Just that sometimes for about 3 months those releases are all chapter redraws

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

i believe saitama’s baldness is an explicit mockery of the trend for shounen protagonists to have ridiculous and distinct hairstyles and this google image search result for “shounen hair” supports my theory

the sasuke one is not that far off from real sasuke

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Also who is that guy in the top right supposed to be?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

Also who is that guy in the top right supposed to be?

According to a Reddit thread I found it might be Mugetsu Ichigo.

It's probably harder to tell cause Ichigo's mouth is bandaged up in his Mugetsu form.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I was thinking Eraserhead, myself.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

That Ichigo mock up is DEAD ON lol

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Makes sense because serious Saitama is just Ikkaku minus the eye makeup.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Lamebot posted:

Makes sense because serious Saitama is just Ikkaku minus the eye makeup.

I see it

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Now I want to see the same thing with Saitama's nornal bored 'OK' face instead of his serious face.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm scared.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Raws out: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496620290741

Haha oh MAN that is some serious poo poo happening :staredog:

pik_d fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 26, 2021

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Goddamn, that color page. Bye bye HE.

I also imagine a lot of people with telescopes or just eyes in general freaking the gently caress out

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 26, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Murata is a monster, holy poo poo

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Holy loving poo poo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Was genuinely wondering how Murata would be able to give the same impact to that scene as the web comic did but I guess I shouldn't have worried.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
English: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/xOTthY4/1/1/

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Holy poo poo

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

This is supposed to be a comedy series and those panels of God on the moon are some of the most terrifying imagery I've ever seen.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

That moment did not disappoint

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Bleck posted:

This is supposed to be a comedy series and those panels of God on the moon are some of the most terrifying imagery I've ever seen.

yah those panels ruled. especially the reveal before the splash page

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Wow...those moon images are haunting. Extremely well done and God is...yeah.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
just my opinion but Saitama should punch God

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Jerkface posted:

just my opinion but Saitama should punch God

:hmmyes:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Jerkface posted:

just my opinion but Saitama should chill and play videogames with God and King in his apartment

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope the fanartists come up with tons of cool designs for female God like they did with Boros.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Now it does seem like God can change how big he is since he's much smaller in that meadow, but I don't know if he'll want to shrink enough to fit in the apartment.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

While the color pages are amazing, I just want to say the dress Tastumaki is wearing on the cover page is incredibly cute. Thank you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo those moon/God pages were insane :stonk:

Bang landing the cleaner shot on Garou but taking more damage from the graze he got in the process was also extremely good.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

So do we think God was mad that Saitama messed up his... Moon? Pedestal? House?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

pik_d posted:

So do we think God was mad that Saitama messed up his... Moon? Pedestal? House?

Yeah as spooky and cool as that scene was, the whole time my eyes were drawn to the big crater Saitama made. Like, our boy did that. You're not that scary compared to him, God.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

gnome7 posted:

Yeah as spooky and cool as that scene was, the whole time my eyes were drawn to the big crater Saitama made. Like, our boy did that. You're not that scary compared to him, God.

I guess? How would we know? We've barely seen him wake up, give and take someone's power from a quarter of a million miles away. Dude's (probably) literally God and can do lots of stuff that isn't just the pure unstoppable strength that Saitama has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

pik_d posted:

I guess? How would we know? We've barely seen him wake up, give and take someone's power from a quarter of a million miles away. Dude's (probably) literally God and can do lots of stuff that isn't just the pure unstoppable strength that Saitama has.

Why are we talking about Caped Baldy when considering strength, anyway? We just saw that god took away all his champion's powers in fear when the guy even thought about challenging King. I think that sends a pretty clear message.