Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

That doesn't count as self-defense, but that's only because we've now legalized cars running over people on the street for political reasons. Cars are more important than guns.

A better scenario would jumping into a busy bike lane. Since the killing of bicyclists by cars is mostly legal, I suspect that killing them with a gun is probably legal too.

I guess running onto a football field with a gun and shooting would probably be illegal, because sports are more important than guns in the US still. Unless there is a stadium in the US that allows open carry.

EDIT: I'm assuming the gunman here is white or white passing

In a 6-3 decision, the supreme court finds that any kills made with an suv or an ar15 are nice and legal ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Oh and email compression is in no way the arcane magicks unknown to the legal profession the defense is pretending it is but it's also pure amateur hour for the prosecution to not burn a direct copy and make them sign for it.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Trapick posted:

The usual standard is reasonable fear of bodily harm, actual harm being inflicted is a laughably dumb thing to require for obvious reasons. "Ah yes, the rapist must start raping me before I can defend myself"

Huffed too much glue lately or something? I'm vaccinated and not an idiot.

lol he's an idealistic dumbass who thought he'd be a "good guy with a gun" protecting innocent people's property. He was cosplaying as a cop and medic. He did say he would have liked to shoot some shoplifters (subtly different than protestors) on some video.

You were wrong 9 words in to this post.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

another thing to remember about the Kyle saying he wants to shoot shoplifters video is that he had no proof they were shoplifters. he just assumed.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Trapick posted:

The FBI footage is mentioned and screenshotted here - https://apnews.com/article/kyle-rittenhouse-police-shootings-wisconsin-kenosha-872f8d7d3363a39054d076b8723df1f9 - I can't find full video source. That one?

Is killing someone ever justifiable self defense? I've talked to people who say no to that unequivocally, which surprises me. What are reasonable self-defense criteria to y'all?

lol ah yes, the "you get one bullet, better make it count" theory of self defense.

"y'all"

lmao

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Trapick posted:

The usual standard is reasonable fear of bodily harm, actual harm being inflicted is a laughably dumb thing to require for obvious reasons. "Ah yes, the rapist must start raping me before I can defend myself"

lol he's an idealistic dumbass who thought he'd be a "good guy with a gun" protecting innocent people's property. He was cosplaying as a cop and medic. He did say he would have liked to shoot some shoplifters (subtly different than protestors) on some video.

if you love him so much why dont u marry him

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

yeah I'm sure militia dipshits are drawing very solid lines between the good and bad protests

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't believe anyone would dare suggest intentionally traveling to another state with your firearm to an area of known civil unrest and rioting as a minor to wander the streets after dark could ever be misconstrued as premeditated or provocation. This is pure stand your ground self defense I rest my case.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Say what you will about the third Reich, at least they were idealistic

Piss off

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Trapick posted:

lol yea that’s totally different my bad all charges should be dismissed

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Ringo Roadagain posted:

another thing to remember about the Kyle saying he wants to shoot shoplifters video is that he had no proof they were shoplifters. he just assumed.

Ipso facto this proves his murders were not premeditated because he clearly did not know what kind of antifa he was slaughtering.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

yeah the guy who sucker punched a teenage girl, got roughed up and humiliated for it by a multiracial group of friends, and is on video a couple weeks later saying he wants to murder some BLM folk definitely went to those protests because he's an "idealistic dumbass" who wanted to protect property

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

StashAugustine posted:

yeah I'm sure militia dipshits are drawing very solid lines between the good and bad protests

Well they do. The anti-vax and SOS Cuba ones are good and BLM or anti-police protests are bad.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I love how it's just taken for granted that a 17 year old kid wouldn't do something stupid and irrational that could lead to someone being hurt

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Asproigerosis posted:

I can't believe anyone would dare suggest intentionally traveling to another state with your firearm to an area of known civil unrest and rioting as a minor to wander the streets after dark could ever be misconstrued as premeditated or provocation. This is pure stand your ground self defense I rest my case.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

this is an interesting play when the kid is on record talking about how he really wanted to shoot some protesters, op

I see you're a defender of Ben roethlisberger

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
17 year olds have underdeveloped prefrontal cortex, responsible for making judgment calls, most lack it, kyle is a pig with a void in his head other than a desire to make the world bend to his will by snuffing people out in a way he can put himself in danger to do so, because most 17 year olds aren't on trial for murder, they're trying to scam their friends for NFTs and fortnite skins

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
He's on camera saying he went to Kenosha to "put himself in harm's way". That's like walking in to oncoming traffic and shooting the driver of a car about to hit you in "self-defense".

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

nothing wrong with yall
(the word. yall are crazy.)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Reik posted:

He's on camera saying he went to Kenosha to "put himself in harm's way". That's like walking in to oncoming traffic and shooting the driver of a car about to hit you in "self-defense".

Can't believe you're in favor of drivers running over protestors blocking the road

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
man who said hes "hype af" to go blast some "r-worded b*tch n-words" and then went and did it is frankly completely innocent. case closed

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Reik posted:

You were wrong 9 words in to this post.
I shortened "deadly or serious bodily harm" because I foolishly trusted for a second that people reading this thread might not be braindead, my bad.
on no, my grammar, it's slightly non-standard and therefore incomprehensible to smooth brains

Tatsuta Age posted:

if you love him so much why dont u marry him
He's an utter idiot and hopefully celebrates his acquittal on all charges by following in Lowtax's fine example, nothing of value will be lost.

Asproigerosis posted:

Weird how this applies to Grosskreutz too

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I honestly think his mom should be on trial as well for giving him the gun in the first place.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
the one cool thing about this trial is the insanely potent honeypot it has created for the dumbest most vile fuckers on this earth to crawl into and get a thick coating of bigotry stink on em for the rest of their natural lives. :amen:

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

VideoKid posted:

I honestly think his mom should be on trial as well for giving him the gun in the first place.
100% :agreed: she should be in jail

VideoKid posted:

When did “two wrongs make a right” become the law of the land?
It's not, just pointing out the "he shouldn't have been there" is a bullshit argument and applies equally well to the dipshits he shot.

Trapick has issued a correction as of 01:16 on Nov 18, 2021

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Trapick posted:

When did “two wrongs make a right” become the law of the land?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

VideoKid posted:

Wasn't it his sister's boyfriend, and the gun stayed in Wisconsin the whole time, and was legal for him to possess it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Trapick posted:

I shortened "deadly or serious bodily harm" because I foolishly trusted for a second that people reading this thread might not be braindead, my bad.

on no, my grammar, it's slightly non-standard and therefore incomprehensible to smooth brains

He's an utter idiot and hopefully celebrates his acquittal on all charges by following in Lowtax's fine example, nothing of value will be lost.

Keep going I'm almost ready to bust. Do the puppet master defense and I'll squirt

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Basically every outcome sucks because the justice system sucks and no one should go to a United States prison ever

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

RC Cola posted:

Basically every outcome sucks because the justice system sucks and no one should go to a United States prison ever

hot take but i think kyle rittenhouse should go to prison :shrug:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

RC Cola posted:

no one should go to a United States prison ever

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Smythe posted:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

AND thread

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Trapick posted:

You're still wrong even if you didn't specify "death or great bodily harm". You're missing an entire section of the self defense statute that talks about provocation.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Smythe posted:

I think he should be killed in an elaborate public display

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Try to replace his blood with lava or something

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Smythe posted:

He should get COVID

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Kyle rittenhouse will be devoured by mice over a 72 hour period

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lastgirl posted:

Goons have underdeveloped prefrontal cortex, responsible for making judgment calls, most lack it