Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Deceptive Thinker posted:

murderers are always on the wrong team

Can't believe youre in favor of sending those us marshalls to execute the guy who killed in self defense in Washington state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Reik posted:

How do you run into harm's way without putting yourself in to a conflict?

Well you see he was simply going to run into Harm to rescue the injured as evidenced by the bandaids and gauze he had when he shot and killed two people and seriously injured a third

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

Harm's way - the place to be if you don't want conflict

it is a perfect evocation of the modern conservative ethos

brag about how you plan to shoot some people on the grounds your politics doesn't consider them human, implement that plan, then throw a weepy porcine bitchfit when the world fails to hand you a medal and a birthday cake for it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

VideoKid posted:

did he even know the people whose business he was “protecting”?

A friend of Property is a friend to all

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
hot take - killing people is bad, even killing bad people

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Let the record show I intend to "post like an idiot bitch," but not explicitly "get owned"

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Trapick are you a libertarian jw

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Deceptive Thinker posted:

hot take - killing people is bad, even killing bad people

many buddhists are saying this

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

The judge rebuffs the prosecutor when he says the laptop display has "poor shadow detail.". Judge Schroeder just said "This court does not crush blacks.".

The judge keeps asking the clerk if the "soap opera" mode is on or off.

Just heard from the defense "This TV has a VA panel and it's a smeary mess.". The judge asks the court if anyone has an old CRT TV they can bring in.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

The part I don't get is, who the hell gets it in their mind to just go protect some business?

If people were looting/burning the stores/businesses in my town, at no point would it ever cross my mind to go down there an protect them.

Burning your house? Ok. But some place nowhere near you? Hell no. He wanted to get in trouble.

Hard same, buddy. Been having a lot of trouble even-ing. I can't even with this poo poo.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Can't believe youre in favor of sending those us marshalls to execute the guy who killed in self defense in Washington state

no one is saying Rittenhouse should be executed with out a trial.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

The part I don't get is, who the hell gets it in their mind to just go protect some business?

If people were looting/burning the stores/businesses in my town, at no point would it ever cross my mind to go down there an protect them.

Burning your house? Ok. But some place nowhere near you? Hell no. He wanted to get in trouble.

this is america, property > life

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

VideoKid posted:

I am

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Chillgamesh posted:

Well you see he was simply going to run into Harm to rescue the injured as evidenced by the bandaids and gauze he had when he shot and killed two people and seriously injured a third

Remember when right after he shot Rosenbaum he called 911 to get an ambulance out to help him because he really didn't want to kill anyone? Oh wait no he called up a buddy and said he just killed someone.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

VideoKid posted:

I'm just saying his organs could help out some very deserving people.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this is america, property > life

I can understand if it’s your property. But who the gently caress gives a poo poo about Walmarts property.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Lastgirl posted:

many buddhists are saying this

The only reason the Budda was able to waste his time meditating is because he was rich

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
one 17 year old vs 329.5 million americans who failed to act to do something and that's why he's on trial

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
kyle rittenhouse was there to help people the same way george zimmerman was just being a good neighbourhood watch volunteer

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VideoKid posted:

I can understand if it’s your property. But who the gently caress gives a poo poo about Walmarts property.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

VideoKid posted:

it's a convenient excuse to go kill people you hate, op

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

vyelkin posted:

kyle rittenhouse was there to help people the same way george zimmerman was just being a good neighbourhood watch volunteer

What's old Zim-Zam up to these days?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

Let the record show I intend to "post like an idiot bitch," but not explicitly "get owned"

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I will defeat kyle shitinmouth in single combat. He can choose the weapons, i do not care

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

tokin opposition posted:

The only reason the Budda was able to waste his time meditating is because he was rich

yet he managed to figure out that money was worthless, kind of a big deal in 5th century BCE that a 50 year old memelord is having trouble with currently ityool 2021 shut the gently caress up

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

it's a convenient excuse to go kill people you hate, op

I know lol. Apparently some people itt disagree!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Have any of you considered that insurance won't help and only guns can help

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

he should go to the kind of prison that we as americans cannot put him in

In Minecraft.

Push him into the computer and he can never get out. He'll be building homes and shooting illagers with arrows to his heart's content.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Lastgirl posted:

yet he managed to figure out that money was worthless, kind of a big deal in 5th century BCE that a 50 year old memelord is having trouble with currently ityool 2021 shut the gently caress up

Go meditate about it, lib

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

vyelkin posted:

Some Zimmerman sympathizer gave me this avatar way back then lol.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ted hitler hunter posted:

Just heard from the defense "This TV has a VA panel and it's a smeary mess.". The judge asks the court if anyone has an old CRT TV they can bring in.
VA panels are perfectly fine for the cinematic 24 frames per second.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Like that deli downstars from my apartment? Fuckin amazing Italian sandwiches bro. Like utterly astounding out of this world life changing for real. I've given them probably a couple thousand of my American dollars over the years.
But let's be honest, if poo poo's going down outside I'm not gonna grab my AR and run down to defend em.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

RC Cola posted:

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Reik posted:

How do you run into harm's way without putting yourself in to a conflict?
"he went there to get in to conflicts", especially given the context, implies he was there to start fights with people. Harm's way *could* mean that, but he clearly says "if there's somebody hurt, I'm running into harm's way. That's why I have my rifle, because I need to protect myself obviously". Again, you can say he's lying here or whatever, but the clip you claim makes him look like an aggressor absolutely does not. It makes him look like a dipshit cosplaying a medic (with a rifle).

vyelkin posted:

he should go to prison because in this video he admits going to the protest willing to shoot and kill people to protect property otherwise he would not have brought an illegally-obtained gun to a protest to "protect a business", and killing people to protect property either is or should be 100% illegal because property damage is not a capital offence

this is of course assuming that, like the judge, you ignore the extremely damning character evidence that shows he was looking to get into violent or deadly confrontations with others for weeks or months prior to him doing just that and killing two people
It's a 19 second video, watch it. He does not admit he'd shoot or kill people to protect property. He says: "if there's somebody hurt, I'm running into harm's way. That's why I have my rifle, because I need to protect myself obviously". That's a claim of having his rifle for defense of life. You can think he's lying but the video does not say what you claim it says, period.

TrixR4kids posted:

No, the video being discussed here https://www.google.com/amp/s/goodwo...cutors-say/amp/

Also that video doesn’t exactly help your cause because he’s more or less admitting that he wants to shoot people over property damage.
Nah that's the one with him threatening (possible) shoplifters, Reik was specifically talking about the night of the shootings.
Edit: and see above, he really doesn't say that in the video.

RC Cola posted:

Trapick are you a libertarian jw
Socdem atheist, just think self defense is a pretty fundamental right. What reads as Jehovah’s Witnesses about me? Or is there another meaning of jw

Trapick has issued a correction as of 01:55 on Nov 18, 2021

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

This dude literally worked as a lifeguard, took some weird firefighter and police cadet course thingies, and cleaned up graffiti outside a court-ordered community service. He's clearly not right in the head. In Kenosha, he delusionally thought he could be some kind of weird combat medic. Any competent defense team would have have filed an insanity plea before the trial began.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

tokin opposition posted:

Go meditate about it, lib

why are people with biden avatars the most tedious in this forum, interesting phenom

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

one 17 year old vs 329.5 million americans who failed to act to do something and that's why he's on trial

I really don't think it would've taken 329.5 million americans to run away from one guy.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

BoldFace posted:

This dude literally worked as a lifeguard, took some weird firefighter and police cadet course thingies, and cleaned up graffiti outside a court-ordered community service. He's clearly not right in the head. In Kenosha, he delusionally thought he could be some kind of weird combat medic. Any competent defense team would have have filed an insanity plea before the trial began.

did he think he could use the AR like a medic healing gun in TF2

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

VideoKid posted:

he's a wannabe cop so he did what cops do when riots flare up — "protect" property

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

RC Cola posted:

https://twitter.com/lacroixwater/status/1048360713050308608
i will be cold in the ground before someone defiles Our Beloved Lacroix