Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxlunxSZ-Yc

Blame Pyrrhus has issued a correction as of 02:14 on Nov 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Smythe posted:

no need for a gun, my very large & strong gf can protect me from anyone

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Trapick posted:

If Antifa would carry rifles and defend themselves America wouldn't have a nazi problem much longer. Self defense is a loving important right specifically so nazis and others like them can get hosed.

Haha ok I'll let you make a few more posts and then you'll get banned bye bye

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Leftists who get armed, even for community defense, get shot by cops or outright assassinated.

Americans nod and say "hai" because this is a good thing in their minds. Law enforcement is protecting them from dangerous radicals.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Smythe posted:

hot

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

i just want to challenge the liberal anti-gun orthodoxy, since that isnt the solution to anything except passive acceptance of cops and kyle and george and every other fascist.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Cranappleberry posted:

Leftists who get armed, even for community defense, get shot by cops or outright assassinated.

Americans nod and say "hai" because this is a good thing in their minds. Law enforcement is protecting them from dangerous radicals.

and therefore the solution is give the state a monopoly on violence.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

3'him

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

i just want to challenge the liberal anti-gun orthodoxy, since that isnt the solution to anything except passive acceptance of cops and kyle and george and every other fascist.
yeah agreed although what's less clear to me is the implications of gun control / confiscation in the context of like an actual dotp, and how I feel about that. fodder for a thread IMO but I haven't made a thread in years and I'm not about to start now

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Smythe posted:

I see you also enjoy reading the AITA thread.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

hello old friend. :cumpolice:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

spacetoaster posted:

I see you also enjoy reading the AITA thread.

im not but i would like to know more

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

yeah agreed although what's less clear to me is the implications of gun control / confiscation in the context of like an actual dotp, and how I feel about that. fodder for a thread IMO but I haven't made a thread in years and I'm not about to start now

dotp?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

its my opinion that he should be unbanned when released from prison. its only fair. otherwise its double jeopardy and thats a crime.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

if you arent a nazi, you should take better precautions before killing people you politically disagree with, but surely cspam posters have already internalized this. right? i mean this is poo poo my hyper-conservative dad told me like 25 years ago.

too true. rip to a real one.

it's time to play everyone's favorite game, anarchist or cop

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Smythe posted:

hello old friend. :cumpolice:

lmfao i was about to post something like "dont show smythe that" and here you are

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

its my opinion that he should be unbanned when released from prison. its only fair. otherwise its double jeopardy and thats a crime.

but what about the In re aatrek precedent

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

and therefore the solution is give the state a monopoly on violence.

They've already got one op, that's what a state is.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

dictatorship of the proletariat

I haven't made up my mind whether I object to gun control on principle or if I'm okay with a worker's state grabbing guns with a view to total disarmament of the far right / reactionary right etc

leaning "opposed on principle" but I'd probably play devil's advocate in favor, in a hypothetical thread which again, I will not create myself for religious reasons

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

it's time to play everyone's favorite game, anarchist or cop

leftist

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

hobbesmaster posted:

but what about the In re aatrek precedent

if you look closely at the ruling he was actually banned for having the wrong kind of RAM in his computer, the pedophilia is unrelated. :eng101:

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Reik posted:

In what world does "purposefully manufacturing a conflict" not constitute provoking an attack?
Sure, it does. But where are you getting "manufacturing a conflict" from? What did Rittenhouse do that created a conflict? If you say "pointed gun at Rosenbaum out of nowhere", again, I'm going to ask for video or testimony about that, because the fbi footage from the plane does not sufficiently show that.

Yeah, if you walk up to someone and say "hey fucker I'm going to shoot you" and point a gun at them, that's manufacturing a conflict and is absolutely provocation. If you walk up to a fire with both a rifle and a fire extinguisher, I don't think that counts.

VitalSigns posted:

Idk what should you legally do in a non-idiotic place if you point a gun at someone and they say "oh my god a mass shooter" and try to take it from you.

If you are not a mass shooter you should probably let them, if you want to point guns at random people and blow them away if they react you might just be a mass shooter!
The 2nd and 3rd shooting might need some more nuance because of that, but if Rosenbaum assumes someone is a mass shooter because they're open carrying (where it's legal to do) and hasn't shot anyone, he should probably loving hide and say "hey dude put down the gun" and not try to take it from Rittenhouse. Also lol at "let someone take away your gun", sure, that's a great recipe for success.

vyelkin posted:

I've seen the video.

Literally like the very first thing you learn about firearms is that you do not bring one to a confrontation or use it unless you are willing to kill someone. He illegally obtained a lethal weapon and brought it with him to a protest to "protect businesses", which if you are able to connect even two dots in your head means he shows a demonstrable willingness to kill the protesters who he thinks are there to destroy businesses. What he says in the video doesn't really matter because his actions show a demonstrable recklessness, i.e., he illegally obtained a firearm and brought it with him to a protest so that he could use it to shoot people, which he then did.
lol you went from "because in this video he admits going to the protest willing to shoot and kill people to protect property" to "What he says in the video doesn't really matter" in two posts, nice. Open carry is legal in the state. So yes, carrying it shows a willingness to use it to kill someone in self defense, if necessary, while he was doing lawful things. That isn't the same as provocation. It's just not.

Cranappleberry posted:

And this is completely unacceptable and needs to change. BLM and Antifa should follow the example of the Black Panther Party and arm the gently caress up to protect themselves.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

DesertIslandHermit posted:

So today's gotta be the day, right?

usually when places fire people they do it on a friday so they are less likely to shoot the place up. guessing a similar logic is being applied to the deliberations so you've got all of thursday and probably friday until 5 or 6pm to revel in kyle's eigenocence

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/Angenette5/status/1461100771555123214
https://twitter.com/Angenette5/status/1461101080008404992
lol everyone having a nice time hanging out with ol' peepaw in the courtroom

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
lol the crazy nazi bimbo has some cool quotes:

quote:

Eva writes, “Every person has fell in to some degeneracy that they push, mine was tattoos, learned my lesson, no more, moving forward”

quote:

Eva continues,”I look forward to the sales of removal cream someday.”

quote:

And Eva says, “Though I heart emoticon my swastika, Adolf Hitler quote, SS motto, SS bolts & Swastika eagle… they will stay and I won’t ever dislike those ones.”

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Trapick posted:

Sure, it does. But where are you getting "manufacturing a conflict" from? What did Rittenhouse do that created a conflict? If you say "pointed gun at Rosenbaum out of nowhere", again, I'm going to ask for video or testimony about that, because the fbi footage from the plane does not sufficiently show that.

Here's a hint: how does rittenhouse get in to a conflict if he doesn't go there?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Reik posted:

Here's a hint: how does rittenhouse get in to a conflict if he doesn't go there?

#AmericanKoans

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I actually don't care if rittenhouse is guilty or not according to our laws, because I did a bit of research into who writes our laws. in brief: I was appalled

he's a reactionary piece of poo poo who killed some people broadly aligned with many of my goals (even if I think their method of trying to achieve them was kinda dumb). in this political climate that is literally all anyone needs to know and you're kind of a naive dumbass if you disagree, regardless of what your other opinions might be.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Trapick posted:

lol you went from "because in this video he admits going to the protest willing to shoot and kill people to protect property" to "What he says in the video doesn't really matter" in two posts, nice. Open carry is legal in the state. So yes, carrying it shows a willingness to use it to kill someone in self defense, if necessary, while he was doing lawful things. That isn't the same as provocation. It's just not.

What he says in the video, immediately after being asked why he's out there in front of the business with his illegally-obtained rifle, is "our job is to protect this business." In what world is brandishing a firearm to "protect a business" not a threat to escalate property damage into deadly force?

That's what I mean when I say that the rest of what he says in the video doesn't really matter. He can claim that the rifle is only there to protect himself in harm's way, but the actual fact of him being present "protecting the business" with his rifle means he thinks just doing that is putting himself in harm's way and he wants to be able to kill people if they come after the business, just like he said he wanted to do in the video taken several weeks earlier where he says he wishes he had his gun so he could shoot people leaving a CVS.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Cranappleberry posted:

How about the video where Rittenhouse is watching people come out of a CVS and says "I wish I had my AR-15" that was disallowed for entry into evidence by the judge because he said it would prejudice the jury?

He was fearing for his life and needed his AR-15 to prevent killings in case potential shoplifters tried to take his AR-15 from him to do a mass shooting

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Very shocked that the guy defending the nazi murderer is not engaging honestly

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

How could this have happened???

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Just announce he's not guilty already, christ.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Smythe posted:

lol the crazy nazi bimbo has some cool quotes:

:thunk:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Reik posted:

i feel like this is a dumb as gently caress rhetorical path to go down. dumbass

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Tag yourself I'm the $90 Patagucci hat

I'm the woman (not the one with the pipe) who possesses a phenotype I can only describe as portland

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

All the Nazis showing up.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trapick posted:

The 2nd and 3rd shooting might need some more nuance because of that, but if Rosenbaum assumes someone is a mass shooter because they're open carrying (where it's legal to do) and hasn't shot anyone, he should probably loving hide and say "hey dude put down the gun" and not try to take it from Rittenhouse. Also lol at "let someone take away your gun", sure, that's a great recipe for success.

Gonna go point an AK around at people in the grocery store until someone tries to make me stop then blam blam blam, what am I supposed to do, let them that's a great recipe for success

For all I know I'm surrounded by crazy people who knows what they are capable of

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 02:42 on Nov 18, 2021

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Reik posted:

If "existing at a protest while open carrying" is sufficient in your mind to be "manufacturing a conflict" such that you immediately lose any self defense rights, then we're just on different planets, I cannot fathom that.

vyelkin posted:

What he says in the video, immediately after being asked why he's out there in front of the business with his illegally-obtained rifle, is "our job is to protect this business." In what world is brandishing a firearm to "protect a business" not a threat to escalate property damage into deadly force?

That's what I mean when I say that the rest of what he says in the video doesn't really matter. He can claim that the rifle is only there to protect himself in harm's way, but the actual fact of him being present "protecting the business" with his rifle means he thinks just doing that is putting himself in harm's way and he wants to be able to kill people if they come after the business, just like he said he wanted to do in the video taken several weeks earlier where he says he wishes he had his gun so he could shoot people leaving a CVS.
Brandishing is distinct from carrying fyi, and pretty importantly. In the video he's not brandishing it, and there's no reason to suspect it's illegal (I think that's still somewhat of an open question, since it's due to barrel length). He is openly carrying a rifle, which is by default legal in the state.

Hatebag posted:

Very shocked that the guy defending the nazi murderer is not engaging honestly
Go gently caress yourself, I'm defending the concept of self defense because you apparently believe you should be required to stand stock still while someone attacks you. I hope Rittenhouse gets his rifle back and eats it. What am I dishonest about here?

VitalSigns posted:

Gonna go point an AK around at people in the grocery store until someone tries to make me stop then blam blam blam, what am I supposed to do, let them that's a great recipe for success

For all I know I'm surrounded by crazy people who knows what they are capable of
If he pointed it at people without cause he deserves to rot in jail, oddly nobody can back that up in the past ~10 pages I've asked for it.

Trapick has issued a correction as of 02:45 on Nov 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think having people go to places that they have no vested interested in armed with rifles and wanting to shoot anyone that meets their arbitrary hit list is incredibly dumb and there should be precedence so people stop doing it OP