Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Elfface posted:

The is the world's greatest seductress.

I seem to remember her mentor was even better than she was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

trapped mouse posted:

I seem to remember her mentor was even better than she was.

Well, they're probably on different worlds most of the time.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Paper Tiger posted:

Well, they're probably on different worlds most of the time.

Can't argue with that!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

thetoughestbean posted:

Lmao I knew that she wouldn’t be straight.
Doesn't really bug me b/c we get enough of it in like all other media, but is there a single hetero relationship in that comic? The only one I can think of is Val's mom/dad who v. obviously divorced, and I don't *think* Isaac's mom is in the picture.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

mind the walrus posted:

Doesn't really bug me b/c we get enough of it in like all other media, but is there a single hetero relationship in that comic? The only one I can think of is Val's mom/dad who v. obviously divorced, and I don't *think* Isaac's mom is in the picture.

Perhaps the only comic to include more biological entity/security system relationships than male/female relationships

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boba Pearl posted:

OH MY GOD, SHE'S TOTALLY UNDYNE gently caress :negative:

lol sorry boba

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
She's even a fish person lmao.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
This is it. Now that Lowtax can no longer protect us, Undertale Inc is gonna shut down SA.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boba Pearl posted:

She's even a fish person lmao.

every day I open up this thread and find a way to cause you trouble

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it is a great effect

im sorry

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmao

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
:kimchi: I love it so much.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Boba Pearl posted:

OH MY GOD, SHE'S TOTALLY UNDYNE gently caress :negative:

Isn't this the second time this has happened, with the couple that happened to be Catdora?

But eh, it happens, not like any of those characters are particularly original. The Undyne resemblance seems pretty surface level, and she has a whole Metal Gear riff already going on anyway. (Complete with her love interest being an obvious riff on Otacon)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yes but where my wife is like "I don't see it, I've never seen catdora," I'm like "Oh yeah, obviously my muscle lesbian is the fish lesbian"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mx. posted:

it is a great effect

im sorry

The system, is down.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mx. posted:

it is a great effect

im sorry

Lol

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tree Bucket posted:

In the spirit of JUST POST, have the first page of a thing. I might even get the second page finished-!

Art is good concept is interesting but you've a lot of redundant and unnatural dialogue, especially in panels 8 9 and 10. Unless the people involved are being deliberately wordy as character traits then e.g. they'd probably stick with "tether" over "cloud tether", and the 27 hours ahead of schedule bit can be completely removed since the unscheduled rainfall conversation with central explains it. Also their 8 9 10 monologue in general doesn't read like this has happened to them/they've messed up like this before.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Mr. Sunshine posted:

This is it. Now that Lowtax can no longer protect us, Undertale Inc is gonna shut down SA.

Thank God

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

It's pounding in my head now

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
You guys have seriously made making a comic the one of the best experiences ever.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Digamma-F-Wau has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Nov 20, 2021

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Jesus. Somebody remembered the character trait that "Amy reads tarot cards", from Sonic CD, and AFAIK hasn't been touched on since then.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm honestly thinking about dropping webtoons entirely, I have 1 subscriber, otherwise all my views are from the forums. Either that, or do more tiktoks and twitters, I don't know how to market myself.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You can take a break from the serial form and try like short funnies for a while.
everyone can feel burnt out.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
No I love my story, and at the end of this arc I get to do really fun things that are more tiny arcs like I wish MHA and One Piece would do, where we just have people bullshitting and being characters at each other. Kind of like Tredlocity but more serialized. It's just that I want to cast a wider net and don't really understand how people market themselves.

Maybe it's my logo?

I guess I could do more on tiktok and social media.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/fall-of-the-queen/list?title_no=698431

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah spend more time on other social media imo

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah spend more time on social media

:barf:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

By popular demand posted:

Are we in the same thread? there's no need to be this negative.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Social media is the most negative thing in a full two decades of negative things, never send anyone there.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Boba Pearl posted:

Maybe it's my logo?

Definitely looks less dynamic than what you've been doing lately, changing it might help. I think Webtoons is one of those things where you blow up because you are doing the prettiest girl gets transported into the body of the villain comic, or you do a lot of cross-promo for it on insta, twitter, what-have-you.

Do I remember correctly that you were re-drawing a few of the early comics? May help a bunch, the jump from latest to first page loses dummies like me because we get pulled in by the newest page style, then think "how long do I have to read for the stuff that attracted me?"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Boba Pearl posted:

Yes but where my wife is like "I don't see it, I've never seen catdora," I'm like "Oh yeah, obviously my muscle lesbian is the fish lesbian"

Better give the muscle lesbian lobster claws, just to be safe

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ChrisEliopoulos/status/1461367429334851596

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

By popular demand posted:

Social media is the most negative thing in a full two decades of negative things, never send anyone there.

It's a wild frontier, to be sure. But different people engage with different aspects of it, and just like this thread introduced a bunch of people to Boba's comic, so will discussing it with other communities. Hang out and ask for advice in other webcomics-discussion places, and build a rapport with the members there too.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CPColin posted:

Better give the muscle lesbian lobster claws, just to be safe

I suddenly really want to see Zoidberg as a muscle lesbian.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

the guy with the funky speech bubbles sure likes referencing the concept of time, probably nothing to read into that

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQL9sDkQIZc&hd=1

Odds of a Pupkin cameo?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #264: Falling and hanging

==============================

Hitmen for Destiny #265: Guuuu and ugh and similar utterances

==============================

Hitmen for Destiny #266: Incantation and decapitation

Bodycount: 104 106
+orc hulk
+orc wizard

the orc hulk just kinda bonked himself but I think he's out of commission either way since he doesn't return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

This looks worse than the comic and the comic wasn't good to start with.