Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Trapick posted:

If "existing at a protest while open carrying" is sufficient in your mind to be "manufacturing a conflict" such that you immediately lose any self defense rights, then we're just on different planets, I cannot fathom that.

Brandishing is distinct from carrying fyi, and pretty importantly. In the video he's not brandishing it, and there's no reason to suspect it's illegal (I think that's still somewhat of an open question, since it's due to barrel length). He is openly carrying a rifle, which is by default legal in the state.

So we agree that if he was not there there would not have been a conflict?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Trapick posted:

If "existing at a protest while open carrying" is sufficient in your mind to be "manufacturing a conflict" such that you immediately lose any self defense rights, then we're just on different planets, I cannot fathom that.

Brandishing is distinct from carrying fyi, and pretty importantly. In the video he's not brandishing it, and there's no reason to suspect it's illegal (I think that's still somewhat of an open question, since it's due to barrel length). He is openly carrying a rifle, which is by default legal in the state.

aids

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Reik posted:

All the Nazis showing up.
they were liberals op

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

hobbesmaster posted:

but what about the In re aatrek precedent

aatrek shot into a child, not a crowd

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Reik posted:

So we agree that if he was not there there would not have been a conflict?
Glad you've reached the utterly braindead "well if the girl didn't go to the bar she wouldn't have gotten raped" argument, nice job.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think having people go to places that they have no vested interested in armed with rifles and wanting to shoot anyone that meets their arbitrary hit list is incredibly dumb and there should be precedence so people stop doing it OP

if you arent open carrying at a protest (where legal) you dont really care.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

they were liberals op

How many times were you banned for being racist during the Charlottesville Nazi rally?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nikolas Cruz: "Everyone at the school got really agitated when they saw me sight up on them, I was afraid for my life! Especially after bodies started hitting the floor and they got really mad I had no choice to defend myself, if I'd let them take my guns that wouldn't have been a recipe for success"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trapick posted:

If he pointed it at people without cause he deserves to rot in jail, oddly nobody can back that up in the past ~10 pages I've asked for it.
What cause did he have to point at the medic

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Trapick posted:

Glad you've reached the utterly braindead "well if the girl didn't go to the bar she wouldn't have gotten raped" argument, nice job.

So now that we agree it would be impossible for him to get in to the conflict if he had not gone to the protests, we need to find out if he was going there with the expressed intent of getting in to conflicts. If that is the case, then we go from "impossible to have a conflict" to "conflict happened intentionally", which would mean his actions purposefully created a conflict where none could have existed before. Just curious, do you happen to have a link to a video where he explicitly says he went to the protests to get in to conflicts?

Sundown Forum
Nov 12, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trapick posted:

Go gently caress yourself, I'm defending the concept of self defense because you apparently believe you should be required to stand stock still while someone attacks you. I hope Rittenhouse gets his rifle back and eats it. What am I dishonest about here?

If he pointed it at people without cause he deserves to rot in jail, oddly nobody can back that up in the past ~10 pages I've asked for it.

i hope someone self defenses you in the face with an AR15

Sundown Forum has issued a correction as of 03:04 on Nov 18, 2021

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
now were getting somewhere

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Sundown Forum posted:

i hope someone self defenses you in face with an AR15
Let's not do this please.

Sundown Forum
Nov 12, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bleeding kansas posted:

now were getting somewhere

its fine, theyve assured us that they are very pro-self defense

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Trapick posted:

oh my god

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
amazing stuff, really. just a master class display.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
someone open a trap door to d&d

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sundown Forum posted:

its fine, theyve assured us that they are very pro-self defense

that's not how self defense works :tipshat:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

they were liberals op

most liberals, unlike you, are not on record saying the protesters at Charlottesville had it coming for blocking traffic, officer

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

i'm imagining the type of brain you have to have to think that Rittenhouse didn't provoke the conflict so I guess Rosenbaum did. Just decides to talk poo poo to a guy open carrying a rifle and chasing him because reasons.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

synapse posted:

i'm imagining the type of brain you have to have to think that Rittenhouse didn't provoke the conflict so I guess Rosenbaum did. Just decides to talk poo poo to a guy open carrying a rifle and chasing him because reasons.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Trapick posted:

I don't think women go to bars with the express purpose of using deadly force op.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
*putting on my SS uniform* costume is not consent

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

most liberals, unlike you, are not on record saying the protesters at Charlottesville had it coming for blocking traffic, officer

im glad i do not share yet another fail-aids liberal opinion.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

bleeding kansas posted:

someone open a trap door to d&d

i tried but i appear to have dropped them into hilary jail, i'll try harder next time

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

when did saying aids in response to bad posts become acceptable again? is it because everyone here is so old that saying cancer will absolutely be taken without irony?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

The Voice of Labor posted:

when did saying aids in response to bad posts become acceptable again? is it because everyone here is so old that saying cancer will absolutely be taken without irony?

Heart disease

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
havana syndrome

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

and therefore the solution is give the state a monopoly on violence.

Hate to break it to you but the state has a monopoly on violence when even local police have tanks. They have a panopticon that allows them to get info on anyone and track them. The public is on their side.

But nah, people on the left and in general should get armed, be extraordinarily safe, obey the laws and rules and practice good self-defense tactics (always, always retreat. Let muggers and robbers take what they want. Don't start poo poo or show off your weapon.)

Basically be responsible gun owners. As long as the 2nd amendment is in the constitution, to do anything else is ceding power.

Trapick posted:

And this is completely unacceptable and needs to change. BLM and Antifa should follow the example of the Black Panther Party and arm the gently caress up to protect themselves.

What happened to Fred Hampton? What happened to Black Panther individuals and groups when cops decided to get back at them when the public wasn't watching?

Black Panther groups weren't just infiltrated, tracked, harassed, attacked and killed. Their leaders were assassinated. The US government dropped bombs on them.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

The Voice of Labor posted:

the pendulum has been moving away from "cat lady" for a long time. it has encountered much resistance and will continue to. i speculated a long time ago in qcs that we were entering a period of turmoil and cultural upheaval and i believe it still. maybe "realignment" is better phrasing.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Several Ferguson activists have died inside torched cars or by "suicide"

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

i tried but i appear to have dropped them into hilary jail, i'll try harder next time

gently caress off

This isn't D&D, we roast people if they are wrong we don't need some dumbass mod getting pissy

Dr. Drool
May 7, 2007
If it's worth doing at all, it's worth doing for a dollar.

im glad i do not share yet another fail-aids liberal opinion.

Being a Charlottesville local, and having been 1/2 a block up from the impact, I can assure you the road was closed. The kid drove around a sign, towards a visible crowd and sped up into them. It was a deliberate action. Weirdest detail from that day, the number of shoes on the street after people had literally been knocked out of them. Cops had deployed military vehicles on the pedestrian mall to presumably protect property so they had left access roads unbarricaded to facilitate that, leaving just road signs in the middle of the street.
So gently caress your hot take.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
300 new posts and I figured maybe there was a verdict. But no, just some chuds wanting to make sure we give the nazi absolute benefit of the doubt in all things just like the judge is.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rectal Death Adept posted:

gently caress off

This isn't D&D, we roast people if they are wrong we don't need some dumbass mod getting pissy

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

havana syndrome

Time for me to havana beer because I can't deal with this thread syndrome.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gently caress off

lol

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Thoguh posted:

300 new posts and I figured maybe there was a verdict. But no, just some chuds wanting to make sure we give the nazi absolute benefit of the doubt in all things just like the judge is.

Can we just direct chuds to d&d from now on? I'm sure they'd love a debate about the ethics of nazis executing people in the streets. I can picture the 100,000 word essays already

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Oh other people ready said it. gently caress chuds and d&d though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

gently caress off

Ah well, can't please everyone I suppose.