Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Update: turns out all I had to do was disconnect my SSD to force the system to boot from the USB stick, then reconnect it. I’ve got it hot-plugged and it can be unlocked with a red lever and pulled out really quickly, and reconnected the same way. When it did that I was able to access the BIOS.

To all who said to delete the partitions, I finally made it into the windows 10 setup and deleted both partitions, and viola, unallocated space. It’s installing now.

I’m sure I made it harder on myself than it needed to be, when all that was needed was to get it to stop trying to boot from the drive from where I deleted the main Windows partition (which was forcing it to the windows repair environment). What a headache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

life is killing me posted:

Update: turns out all I had to do was disconnect my SSD to force the system to boot from the USB stick, then reconnect it. I’ve got it hot-plugged and it can be unlocked with a red lever and pulled out really quickly, and reconnected the same way. When it did that I was able to access the BIOS.

To all who said to delete the partitions, I finally made it into the windows 10 setup and deleted both partitions, and viola, unallocated space. It’s installing now.

I’m sure I made it harder on myself than it needed to be, when all that was needed was to get it to stop trying to boot from the drive from where I deleted the main Windows partition (which was forcing it to the windows repair environment). What a headache.

Oh excellent. My next suggestion was going to be to pull the drive, but I didn't know it would be that easy for you. It this an OEM system like a Dell or HP or something? It's really whack that you couldn't get into the BIOS even with a hard reset.

and to answer this:

I was avoiding that before because from previous experiences I thought it wasn’t a good idea to mess with the system reserved partition. Is that not true?

It's not a good idea to mess with system reserved partitions for an installed OS you want to keep. Like moving or resizing the restore partition with a partition editor or whatnot. When doing a clean install, blow them away.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You could have used the clean command in the recovery environment as well

Also, now that you've installed in UEFI mode, you can boot into the Bios menu or boot from specific drives by keeping the Shift button pressed while selecting "restart" in Windows, just a FYI.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 14, 2021

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Klyith posted:

Oh excellent. My next suggestion was going to be to pull the drive, but I didn't know it would be that easy for you. It this an OEM system like a Dell or HP or something? It's really whack that you couldn't get into the BIOS even with a hard reset.

and to answer this:

It's not a good idea to mess with system reserved partitions for an installed OS you want to keep. Like moving or resizing the restore partition with a partition editor or whatnot. When doing a clean install, blow them away.

No I built it awhile back but never encountered an instance where I couldn’t get to BIOS, but I suspect it was because of fast boot. But even then, my keyboard (no matter what USB port it was connected to) wouldn’t power on for me to press the BIOS key, at least not until it went into the repair environment at which point it wasn’t recognizing the BIOS keystroke anyway.

Fame Douglas posted:

Also, now that you've installed in UEFI mode, you can boot into the Bios menu or boot from specific drives by keeping the Shift button pressed while selecting "restart" in Windows, just a FYI.

I tried the disk part clean, and there was some command parameter that didn’t pan out, like it wouldn’t recognize the command. Perhaps I typed it in wrong but I don’t think so. It sent me back some error and told me to type disk part help, which came up with zero help at all really.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It 100% was because of fast boot

I tried the disk part clean, and there was some command parameter that didn’t pan out, like it wouldn’t recognize the command. Perhaps I typed it in wrong but I don’t think so. It sent me back some error and told me to type disk part help, which came up with zero help at all really.

The sequence is
diskpart
list disk
select disk #
clean

You need to first open the application. Maybe that was the issue?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Fame Douglas posted:

That was the way I was gonna add, since it was all unreachable anyway by now!
But:

quote:

I never remember that trick! It is sooooo useful for trying new OSs and old HDDs when you don’t have a clue is on them!

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

It 100% was because of fast boot

The sequence is
diskpart
list disk
select disk #
clean

You need to first open the application. Maybe that was the issue?

No I had it open…but I’m wrong, I was wrong that I did it correctly because I only told it to clean and didn’t do all the steps in between. That’s probably what the issue was.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The OS knowing about the boot order is probably the one feature that makes UEFI worth the learning curve.

Now if only the rest of the BIOS tunables were like that.

(sometimes you can do it but it's vendor specific)

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Now that Windows 10 has successfully installed, I remembered that I didn’t install a wifi card when I built the machine initially, so all it can handle is wired. Unfortunately, this means I have to move the computer to my main Eero mesh unit, the only one with an Ethernet port; the USB wifi adapter I have won’t work because no driver, and my iPhone hot spot won’t appear on Windows’ list of available Ethernet connections, I have no idea why on that one. I think I’ll try to find the drivers on my laptop and put them on a USB stick to install them manually? Or maybe just a restart will fix it.

e: well that was easy. Just downloaded the tp-link driver from my laptop for the wifi stick and installed it to the pc.

life is killing me fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 15, 2021

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Now that Windows 10 has successfully installed, I remembered that I didn’t install a wifi card when I built the machine initially, so all it can handle is wired. Unfortunately, this means I have to move the computer to my main Eero mesh unit, the only one with an Ethernet port; the USB wifi adapter I have won’t work because no driver, and my iPhone hot spot won’t appear on Windows’ list of available Ethernet connections, I have no idea why on that one. I think I’ll try to find the drivers on my laptop and put them on a USB stick to install them manually? Or maybe just a restart will fix it.

e: well that was easy. Just downloaded the tp-link driver from my laptop for the wifi stick and installed it to the pc.

The cell phone hotspot thing usually uses the phone's wifi to act like an access point and the phone's cell network to connect to the internet. This won't work unless the computer's got a wifi card. It's not quite the same as tethering which is when you hook the phone up to a computer over USB and use it as a way to get online. Glad you got it sorted out, though.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Rexxed posted:

The cell phone hotspot thing usually uses the phone's wifi to act like an access point and the phone's cell network to connect to the internet. This won't work unless the computer's got a wifi card. It's not quite the same as tethering which is when you hook the phone up to a computer over USB and use it as a way to get online. Glad you got it sorted out, though.

iPhone can do Bluetooth, wifi, or usb tethering

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

No I had it open…but I’m wrong, I was wrong that I did it correctly because I only told it to clean and didn’t do all the steps in between. That’s probably what the issue was.

diskpart is fuckin' stupid, and it's dumb that MS hasn't modernized it to have a more normal CLI or just made a better replacement.

Klyith posted:

diskpart does that stuff just fine

it's just a very antiquated CLI program with a text adventure game interface

code:
> diskpart

You are in a room containing 4 drives. It is dark. You may be eaten by a grue.

> look disk 1

You see a disk containing 465 GB.

> wipe disk

As your data vanishes, you recall that you wanted to delete a 500 GB partition, not your 500 GB SSD drive. Your adventure ends here.

but it's difficult to recommend other stuff because most disk wipe software is something like DBAN that's made for overwriting a drive to securely erase everything (pointless on a drive you're still using yourself, and also totally antiquated for SSDs). Or it's partition editing software that would require someone to make a 2nd USB stick just for the drive wipe step.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I've had this too. Usually it's like creating or renaming a folder inside an Open File dialog so I blame myself but that's not quite right.

Try clearing your file explorer history in options -> privacy.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

iPhone can do Bluetooth, wifi, or usb tethering

My 8 gives me these choices, but AT&T tethering only worked with a direct USB->Lightning connection. I know because we had 5 iPhones and a unlimited plan for the family and it was the best internet connection my family had in about 13 years. To this day, we use a 4G LTE (5G in network testing but full-time soon!) modem/router because we don’t even have cable TV or phone lines capable of 56K dial-up in my “neighborhood” yet. My mother got her Bachelors in Nursing and we ran an eBay business on satellite internet and although I played both EQ and WoW (not simultaneously just enough to keep on/off active in guilds), I didn’t patch or download expansions at home because the data caps had to be saved for school and eBay/email.

The first month tethered to my iPhone I used 15GB all by myself and felt I was like a person tapping and stealing electricity in Bombay or, um, Memphis. It was freedom! :angel:

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

DerekSmartymans posted:

My 8 gives me these choices, but AT&T tethering only worked with a direct USB->Lightning connection. I know because we had 5 iPhones and a unlimited plan for the family and it was the best internet connection my family had in about 13 years. To this day, we use a 4G LTE (5G in network testing but full-time soon!) modem/router because we don’t even have cable TV or phone lines capable of 56K dial-up in my “neighborhood” yet. My mother got her Bachelors in Nursing and we ran an eBay business on satellite internet and although I played both EQ and WoW (not simultaneously just enough to keep on/off active in guilds), I didn’t patch or download expansions at home because the data caps had to be saved for school and eBay/email.

The first month tethered to my iPhone I used 15GB all by myself and felt I was like a person tapping and stealing electricity in Bombay or, um, Memphis. It was freedom! :angel:

I live in a large city in Texas, I mean, in the city limits. It we’ve never had high-speed internet. No fiber or cable, even though a couple miles north and south of us, they have it. No company has really seen fit to bring it to our area even though they could easily run fiber along the telephone poles.

Anyway, we used a Netgear Blackhawk mobile hot spot for awhile, back before AT&T got wise to the workaround where you could use an identifier from an iPad you didn’t own and AT&T would treat it as though you were using an iPad. Then you’d sign up for a pre-paid unlimited plan for 22gb/mo of unthrottled LTE, and they promised to slow it down past this cap if the network was congested. That never happened. What did happen was they eventually decided, “Welp we are gonna switch all these SIMs off without warning because suddenly we aren’t cool with this.”

We have fixed wireless broadband now. While it’s fast enough to stream, even 4K in some instances, it’s not up to the speeds of fiber, and it’s $130 a month.

Before any of that, we had AT&T “broadband” that was 768kbps, we could barely check our email on it. That cost us $35 a month, which was more than lots of people were being charged for cable internet at the time. One day it broke and a guy came out to fix it. Then he sent another guy out, who sent a lineman out. That lineman came to our house, loving amazed we ever had internet that was even close to working. He said we shouldn’t have been offered internet, we were so far from the hub. But yet, AT&T squeezed what money they could out of us without bothering to bring us up to modern speeds.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

I live in a large city in Texas, I mean, in the city limits. It we’ve never had high-speed internet. No fiber or cable, even though a couple miles north and south of us, they have it. No company has really seen fit to bring it to our area even though they could easily run fiber along the telephone poles.

Anyway, we used a Netgear Blackhawk mobile hot spot for awhile, back before AT&T got wise to the workaround where you could use an identifier from an iPad you didn’t own and AT&T would treat it as though you were using an iPad. Then you’d sign up for a pre-paid unlimited plan for 22gb/mo of unthrottled LTE, and they promised to slow it down past this cap if the network was congested. That never happened. What did happen was they eventually decided, “Welp we are gonna switch all these SIMs off without warning because suddenly we aren’t cool with this.”

We have fixed wireless broadband now. While it’s fast enough to stream, even 4K in some instances, it’s not up to the speeds of fiber, and it’s $130 a month.

Before any of that, we had AT&T “broadband” that was 768kbps, we could barely check our email on it. That cost us $35 a month, which was more than lots of people were being charged for cable internet at the time. One day it broke and a guy came out to fix it. Then he sent another guy out, who sent a lineman out. That lineman came to our house, loving amazed we ever had internet that was even close to working. He said we shouldn’t have been offered internet, we were so far from the hub. But yet, AT&T squeezed what money they could out of us without bothering to bring us up to modern speeds.

Yeah that is horrible! At least my family had the excuse of living (during that time) several miles from any neighbors and almost exactly mile long driveway from the road. It’s gotten more built up since then, and we now have 7 houses on an eight mile main road. Our main phone lines still aren’t capable of >23.2KB, though. But the new 5G-capable (not 24/7 yet, but it’s worked for days at a time during testing) is through a grove of trees less than a mile from my room, but I’ll tell you this: HughesNet satellite internet was $150/month for 2down/.25 up and we ran a business for a decade with a rolling 30-day 16GB cap. I played both EQ & WoW on 56K dial-up before my divorce, but I couldn’t even patch live without taking my tower to my sister’s house 30+ miles away because we needed every byte to live on.

First world problems, and my folks knew it before they built, but it was bad even for 2006 America. I couldn’t imagine your pain, either, because at least we had peace and quiet!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Klyith posted:

diskpart is fuckin' stupid, and it's dumb that MS hasn't modernized it to have a more normal CLI or just made a better replacement.

There are PowerShell's storage cmdlets. Maybe a little more verbose than diskpart, but decidedly less weird.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I kind of like diskpart - it allows you to interactively work your way up to what you want to do inside one self-contained tool, and it's fairly easy to use.

I may be weird, though.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Computer viking posted:

I kind of like diskpart - it allows you to interactively work your way up to what you want to do inside one self-contained tool, and it's fairly easy to use.

I may be weird, though.

Different tools work better for different people depending upon the mental model they use. The one time I ever did a hardware programming project in high school the teacher was about to fail my group because the binary input to turn on LEDs wasn't working at all for him, then I asked him what he was trying to do. He had expected the input to be flipped so he was sending signals directly to each light, but he taught us to send it as a single binary string so I coded it as inputting a binary number in my interface (with leading 0s). My version worked perfectly, but it wasn't what he thought it should be - I showed him how it worked, quickly recoded the input to work the way he "expected" it to, and we did fine.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
How to investigate/fix kernel power errors? My PC seems to restart every now and then from a totally idle state. It has never crashed during light or heavy use. It has restarted itself from an idling state 6 times over the last 5 months.

I've looked at the steps here: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-kernel-power-error/

My Win10 is updated (but without the optional 21H1 'feature update'). I've disabled fast startup and shut it down and started it again.

I ran OCCT at 100% power for 5 minutes, nothing wrong there.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

PirateBob posted:

How to investigate/fix kernel power errors? My PC seems to restart every now and then from a totally idle state. It has never crashed during light or heavy use. It has restarted itself from an idling state 6 times over the last 5 months.

Get memtest and run that to test your memory. It writes a bootable usb stick, so you need one of those.

Once you boot it, click Test Selection for this screen:

and arrow down to test 13 [hammer test] and turn that off. Then set it to run for 4 passes. Then click start test. It will take a while.

If you have memory errors you either need new RAM, or to use a lower overclock if you have OCed your memory or turned on XMP.

(The hammer test is not useful for testing whether your memory is stable or not, and will produce 'errors' even on good ram depending on various factors. It's important if you need to worry about the rowhammer attack, but a home desktop user has zero need to care about rowhammer.)

Aside from memory, is windows configured to sleep or power save after some number of hours?

PirateBob posted:

I've looked at the steps here: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-kernel-power-error/

My Win10 is updated (but without the optional 21H1 'feature update'). I've disabled fast startup and shut it down and started it again.

I ran OCCT at 100% power for 5 minutes, nothing wrong there.

I would not trust a software tool to actually diagnose PSU power problems. All it can do is get the readouts from the voltage & power sensors in the PC, which are not high-precision instruments. So that software can tell you if the voltage is fading out, but it can't see ripple or other very short duration abnormalities.

(OTOH random restarts while idle, and not when doing stuff, doesn't scream PSU issue.)

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Long shot but why not try. Making my work life easier potentially.

I have image files that I need multiple copies of, with specific different names (they're strings of text in the middle of the name). Right now the work process is "manually copy and rename the images to the correct names, one at a time". Is there a way I can get a single file to copy within the same directory to a set of defined names? Like, let's say I have "XXX_GREY_YYY.jpg", and I want to have copies substituting "CHARCOAL" and "DARK GREY" in place of "GREY", leaving the rest of the name the same. (Practical examples are 30+ variant names across hundreds of images, hence seeing if there's a fast way.)

Important caveat: Powershell and command prompt, both of which I've found potential answers for, are both administrator locked and IT will not relent. External software can get approved as needed but no guarantee it will be, and there's quite a backlog on getting any response from them.

I have no idea if this is even achievable in Windows but if anywhere knows I'm guessing it's here.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

SkyeAuroline posted:

I have image files that I need multiple copies of, with specific different names (they're strings of text in the middle of the name). Right now the work process is "manually copy and rename the images to the correct names, one at a time". Is there a way I can get a single file to copy within the same directory to a set of defined names? Like, let's say I have "XXX_GREY_YYY.jpg", and I want to have copies substituting "CHARCOAL" and "DARK GREY" in place of "GREY", leaving the rest of the name the same. (Practical examples are 30+ variant names across hundreds of images, hence seeing if there's a fast way.)

Important caveat: Powershell and command prompt, both of which I've found potential answers for, are both administrator locked and IT will not relent. External software can get approved as needed but no guarantee it will be, and there's quite a backlog on getting any response from them.

I have no idea if this is even achievable in Windows but if anywhere knows I'm guessing it's here.

A utility I've had around for a long time is Flexible Renamer, which easily allows that type of substitution. Kinda idiosyncratic UI but not hard to figure out.

(As the name says it's intended for renaming files, but has the option to copy to a different folder & rename.)

edit: oh lol you can't even run software? That program comes in a zip file, not an installer, so if you can extract it and run a exe it'll work. But if like every exe needs whitelisting by IT to run, maybe not. Maybe something like ifranview is already whitelisted? Christ, give your boss an estimate of 2 weeks for the job and ask for IT to expedite.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 16, 2021

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Get Rstudio approved as a statistical analysis and visualisation tool, and then do all your general programming in R.

And no I'm not joking. That's exactly the state of things on the hospital network at work.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

SkyeAuroline posted:

That sucks.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

SkyeAuroline posted:

Woof, that really does suck. Is there any chance IT neglected to block wscript or cscript? Maybe WSL? Are you able to install browser extensions? Making a browser extension with filesystem access seems like such a silly way to go about this, but it still sounds better than renaming by hand.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Open a ticket with IT and send them a link to the files you need renamed. Since it sounds like only IT is allowed to use software where you work.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

To clarify: external software works, just risks significant reprisal if it ends up causing some major issue down the line. Installers aren't locked out or anything. Just everything is "supposed to" go through them for approval first. Whatever I end up going with I'll be testing on my home setup first (I have a much smaller but similar project there) before submitting it for approval anyway.

Klyith posted:

A utility I've had around for a long time is Flexible Renamer, which easily allows that type of substitution. Kinda idiosyncratic UI but not hard to figure out.

(As the name says it's intended for renaming files, but has the option to copy to a different folder & rename.)

This looks feasible and I'll give it a shot with the next batch to come over.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

SkyeAuroline posted:

To clarify: external software works, just risks significant reprisal if it ends up causing some major issue down the line. Installers aren't locked out or anything. Just everything is "supposed to" go through them for approval first. Whatever I end up going with I'll be testing on my home setup first (I have a much smaller but similar project there) before submitting it for approval anyway.

Ah, that's something. In that case, if I were in that situation, the first thing I'd do is try installing PowerShell 7. Depending on how IT went about locking everything down, some or all of the restrictions on Windows PowerShell may not apply to PowerShell 7.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

SkyeAuroline posted:

Do you get the stupid "command prompt has been disabled by your administrator" thing?

If so you can take a copy of cmd.exe and make it ignore that reg key.

certutil -encodehex -f cmd.exe bytes.txt 12

Open bytes.txt and find 50006F006C00690063006900650073

Change the starting 50 to 42 and save the file.

certutil -decodehex -f bytes.txt MagicCmd.exe 12

Run MagicCmd whenever you need a command prompt.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
This is all assuming your IT won’t throw a poo poo fit over you doing an end run around security.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Just a reminder that generally speaking, asking how to get around your work's security is against SH/SC rules, and by proxy, giving advice to do so is as well. There's lots of easy ways to do this and they all involve getting IT to do their job.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

~Coxy posted:

Do you get the stupid "command prompt has been disabled by your administrator" thing?

If so you can take a copy of cmd.exe and make it ignore that reg key.

certutil -encodehex -f cmd.exe bytes.txt 12

Open bytes.txt and find 50006F006C00690063006900650073

Change the starting 50 to 42 and save the file.

certutil -decodehex -f bytes.txt MagicCmd.exe 12

Run MagicCmd whenever you need a command prompt.

As mentioned above. Don't do this. Whether you agree with it or not, IT has locked it out and circumventing it is a quick path to the unemployment line for many people. Especially true in the era of command-line auditing and things like CrowdStrike that send up flags when poo poo like this happens.

If you really need to use cmd for your work, plead your case to the powers that be and get your manager to back you.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I really like the suggestion of having IT do the renaming themselves. I had a similar situation where they cut our access down heavily and I couldn't access SQL to do some reporting... After I reviewed with IT the reports I needed and asked if they could get them to me weekly, my access got bumped up.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Medullah posted:

I really like the suggestion of having IT do the renaming themselves. I had a similar situation where they cut our access down heavily and I couldn't access SQL to do some reporting... After I reviewed with IT the reports I needed and asked if they could get them to me weekly, my access got bumped up.

Yeah, for all that I'd want to circumvent the restrictions, this is definitely the smarter move.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I've never heard about certutil's ability to do encoding and decoding until a few months back, and I thought "oh neat" and checked to see what would happen if I manually encoded a binary payload with it, sent myself the payload, and then decoded it. What happened was an error message and a call from the SOC to ask what I was doing.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Internet Explorer posted:

Just a reminder that generally speaking, asking how to get around your work's security is against SH/SC rules, and by proxy, giving advice to do so is as well. There's lots of easy ways to do this and they all involve getting IT to do their job.

Yeah, I 100% am not loving around with bypassing what they have set up. Just was asking after solutions either built into Windows or any external tools I can get approved/tested by IT Sorry if my initial request was too unclear.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

You're good! Just the direction the thread was headed in.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Today.

Engineering: IT we're having an issue with Slack, can you assist?
IT: Slack isn't an approved application. Who authorized you to install this?
Engineering: Uh, nevermind! We're good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
is there a good on-premises solution like Slack? Teams is really obnoxious to use and IRC doesn't maintain chat history (without artificial solutions like bots, etc). Anything that's basically Slack, but self-hosted and free?

Matrix clients and Riot.im were basically where I ended up when I looked at this a few years ago