Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

slicing up eyeballs posted:

Update I've learned about the demonic fog of tsurumi island and can't get the fungus for the last round of seeds. I'm testing the fog for weaknesses to set of I can sneak in but if anyone wants to send me five flowers to finish out the event I'd love that xoxo uid 638575533

E: i have met my first rifthound. I don't much care for them

You just need to wander through the gate the npc calls out and then can go find some shrooms. I ain't done poo poo on the island and found some under a tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Giving in game rewards to people for subbing on twitch actually seems really nice. Not like salary nice but nice.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How much does a tier 1 subscription cost? $5?

Who does that money go to, the streamer? I dunno how twitch works.

like 3 bux goes to the streamer (it's a variable amount though iirc, different for different tiers of accounts or some poo poo)
the rest goes to amazon

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Update I've learned about the demonic fog of tsurumi island and can't get the fungus for the last round of seeds. I'm testing the fog for weaknesses to set of I can sneak in but if anyone wants to send me five flowers to finish out the event I'd love that xoxo uid 638575533

E: i have met my first rifthound. I don't much care for them

I can send you some but I'd like em back after! Assuming you still need them of course.

I am looking for a Greenhat Pearbell if anyone can spare one that I will not return because it's the only one I have a single amount of and it's driving me crazy lol UID: 635867947

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Can do, I've only got the one greenhat though tragically

E: my hero

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 18, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

MoonCrab posted:

I aint giving twitch :10bux: for glider wings lmao

kater posted:

Glider skins suck so whatever

Kazuha tho

https://twitter.com/xiaolosh/status/1390713789830553600

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I was really late to this event but some random friends were generous. I only need 5

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Can do, I've only got the one greenhat though tragically

E: my hero

NP! :3:

edit: now I'm just looking for a Greenhat Pearbell to round out my collection.

I have 1 extra of each silk pod as well.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 18, 2021

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
i'm trying to get hu tao/sucrose/thoma/xq to work. i don't fully understand how these reactions work behind the scenes

i'm starting with xq skill and ult, into thoma skill and ult, which seems to just vape and not apply pyro for sucrose to swirl most of the time. sucrose has to be before hu tao for thrilling tales. is my xq's hydro too strong for thoma to apply lasting pyro?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Twisc posted:

i'm trying to get hu tao/sucrose/thoma/xq to work. i don't fully understand how these reactions work behind the scenes

i'm starting with xq skill and ult, into thoma skill and ult, which seems to just vape and not apply pyro for sucrose to swirl most of the time. sucrose has to be before hu tao for thrilling tales. is my xq's hydro too strong for thoma to apply lasting pyro?

Yes. You need to rotate more like xq burst->thoma skill and bust with no attacks-> sucrose skill and auto-> hu Tao (assuming sucrose is on ttds). If sucrose is on frags or another EM weapon you go thoma->sucrose->xq->hu Tao.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
A part of Tenten's Thoma video has this rotation. XQ burst then skill into Thoma skill then burst into Sucrose normal attack (N1) then skill.

https://youtu.be/JWGWLc5mDoU?t=324

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wouldn't mind so much if I could just sub to people I actually care about and not the kind of people who stream Genshin.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>

Tanreall posted:

A part of Tenten's Thoma video has this rotation. XQ burst then skill into Thoma skill then burst into Sucrose normal attack (N1) then skill.

https://youtu.be/JWGWLc5mDoU?t=324

ahh this is it. i somehow forgot about thoma's burst giving sucrose pyro on her normals. thanks

e: r5 thrilling tales or r1 sac fragments for this comp?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Twisc posted:

ahh this is it. i somehow forgot about thoma's burst giving sucrose pyro on her normals. thanks

e: r5 thrilling tales or r1 sac fragments for this comp?

Probably doesn't matter honestly. This feels like the sort of thing where you can get a theorycrafter to make you a spreadsheet and after a dozen rows and columns of numbers it turns out that X is 1% better with weapon Y, unless you use artifact set Z...

Sac Frags is probably better if you're using Deatchmatch with Shimenawa, but the difference is smaller if you're using Witch. That sort of thing.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

I am looking for a single Greenhat Pearbell if anyone can spare one UID: 635867947

One hour left if anyone still awake can be my hero

AugustusLove
Mar 27, 2010

Note Block posted:

One hour left if anyone still awake can be my hero

I have some to spare. UID: 628063495

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

AugustusLove posted:

I have some to spare. UID: 628063495

Thank you so god damned much, you've saved my very sanity :toot:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How much does a tier 1 subscription cost? $5?

Who does that money go to, the streamer? I dunno how twitch works.

Quora stuff posted:

Affiliates get 50/50, more popular affiliates and potential partners and partners get 60/40, a few twitch streamers that are very big are rumored to have deals with twitch for a better share of income.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
From the brilliant minds behind the Elon Musk event...

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how many people who are giving miHoYo and Twitch poo poo for this event gladly shelled out $20 of gifted subs for the Fat Black Chocobo mount that FFXIV and Twitch ran a few months ago?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

As a newcomer to the Genshin community, everything outside of literally this one thread seems like a dumpster fire most of the time. I assume Mihoyo has done something to earn it but it’s still pretty tiring. Thankfully goons here are pretty chill.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Anno posted:

When building Hu Tao is it just HP > Crit > …EM? She doesn’t seem to need much in the way of ER. I know I don’t have a great party to run her with nor an amazing weapon but it’s so fun to play her that I’m gonna do it anyway.

I've read that EM is #1 until it hits 100, but my C1 Hu Tao that I somehow got in like 40 rolls alongside a Diluc constellation (I just wanted Sayu and Thoma! I was nowhere near pity anywhere in this! Probably missing Itto now but charge attack spam is fun as hell and hey another excuse to use Xinyan) isn't fully up and running yet.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Anno posted:

As a newcomer to the Genshin community, everything outside of literally this one thread seems like a dumpster fire most of the time. I assume Mihoyo has done something to earn it but it’s still pretty tiring. Thankfully goons here are pretty chill.

Yeah it seems that the genshin community is something special all right. I mean other than making genshin a gacha game I honestly don't think Mihoyo has done that much to deserve the crazies lol. It was just a series of releasing three "bad" characters in a row (the characters are still fine but not OP and one's even meta) plus the anniversary event not giving out some arbitrary level of rewards meant the community just melted down really quickly.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anno posted:

That's basically every GaaS community online, people don't go to internet to praise something, they want to complain. Played and participated in communities of WoT and Elite: Dangerous, playing KanColle and it's the same everywhere. "The game is dying", "The [concurrent-and-very-irrelevant-game] is much better and will kill this game", "The devs don't play their game", "The devs don't listen to us", "The devs are greedy and want easy profit while not improving the game", "Here's my sixty ideas that are super easy to implement within a day and would make me spend $5 on the game" (T/N: The ideas totally aren't easy to implement), etc, etc.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mihoyo caved once with Zhongli, now gamers expect them to cave again if they yell enough while ignoring all the domestic CN reasons for Zhongli's buff.

Plus the usual inevitable salt and desperation just being a gacha game brings. Addicts desperate for more rolls but unable to afford them will natural beg and plead and threaten, etc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I got there in time...

We don't have confirmation that 2.3 uncaps the tree though, but I hope it will.

QuantaStarFire posted:

I wonder how many people who are giving miHoYo and Twitch poo poo for this event gladly shelled out $20 of gifted subs for the Fat Black Chocobo mount that FFXIV and Twitch ran a few months ago?
I don't really understand because this is cheaper and more accessible to everyone than the china KFC giveaway. But I guess fried chicken is a better value than twitch subs.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so many people just want to give mhy money direct for genesis to buy the glider lol

i don't think there is any perfect situation for this promo unless they were like, giving codes in exchange for charity donation receipts lol. but it's better than expected that they're having the money go in part to people who have helped support their game/the community.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Anno posted:

Some time around the time the games first anniversary happened the general online community decided to go from relatively chill to one like it was during say the Golden Islands event to one those weirdly adversarial ones towards the company and seem to complain about everything to do with the game now by default. A lot of people outside here also seem to figure themselves rather clever in saying a line akin to "It's only a small indie company so they can't do x" every time they come up with some sort of beef. Things are actually settled down compared to a month or so ago IMO. Like really the anniversary was when the torches and pitchforks were seriously out and twitter/reddit was just completely on fire with people worked up into a blood frenzy going around review bombing the game on google play and any other unrelated Chinese game as well as harassing one characters Chinese VA on twitter because the character was underpowered or something.

I really don't know what else to say other than the usual timeline of gaming communities with a heavy twitter/reddit presence basically just took effect and when it was time for things to go sour and toxic they just kind of did all at once with pretty minimal buildup. Like you saw a little buildup sort of with youtubers and that whipping their audiences about how other games had much better rewards for anniversaries and suddenly it was like all other concerns in the community got dropped and everything became an awareness campaign about how Mihoyo was screwing the fanbase by not giving out tons of free stuff and that's just kind of now the lens a lot of the online community has viewed everything the game has tried to do since.

Case in point I'm not even surprised to learn that people are going apeshit about the KFC Glider thing. It's an in game item that exists, it costs money (aka isn't free), and it's being done differently than it was for China=poo poo lost+time to start spamming Qiqis on discord again because they've convinced themselves that's the answer to having "Mihoyo listen to me". Thing is it's just people justifying their own desire to engage in toxic annoying behavior to me more than serious problems with the game for the most part. Like I've heard people complain about the lack of end game content which I kind of agree with, but the people that mention that just do it normally rather than go on a rampage every couple of weeks and whenever anything happens with the game that requests money. Like it's 5 loving whole dollars, just pay for the cosmetic item like any other game such as FFXIV or don't.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Got all the event rewards knocked out so I sent a bunch of flowers to anyone on my friend list who listed them as "wanted" last night. Hopefully that got someone to the "collect 36" tier at least.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

That's basically every GaaS community online, people don't go to internet to praise something, they want to complain. Played and participated in communities of WoT and Elite: Dangerous, playing KanColle and it's the same everywhere. "The game is dying", "The [concurrent-and-very-irrelevant-game] is much better and will kill this game", "The devs don't play their game", "The devs don't listen to us", "The devs are greedy and want easy profit while not improving the game", "Here's my sixty ideas that are super easy to implement within a day and would make me spend $5 on the game" (T/N: The ideas totally aren't easy to implement), etc, etc.

I remember when Punishing Gray Ravens and Cookie Run Kingdom were supposed to directly murder Genshin Impact as opposed to the reality of them launching and just kind of doing their own thing for their own niches as well as I'm aware.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Some of the crazy conspiracy poo poo people are convincing themselves on how Mihoyo is out to get them with the KFC campaign is some real mental gymnastics. Some of these people are just flat out paranoid as an explanation. Hopefully it doesnt lead to any harassment or anything just because the Western community has people being dumb and needing to fill a shitshow quota again. Apparently FFXIV had a similar sub to some streamer for x months and get a cosmetic item campaign a while back and no pitched meltdown over that so yeah...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

If they add Noelles KFC costume to the game I'd start maining her

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Through not even trying I have a C6 Barbara, can she work in a Vape team with Xiangling instead of Xingqiu? Or would she work better in a team like Keqing/Beidou/Sucrose?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A not insignificant amount of people getting angry are children and teenagers.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

BexGu posted:

Through not even trying I have a C6 Barbara, can she work in a Vape team with Xiangling instead of Xingqiu? Or would she work better in a team like Keqing/Beidou/Sucrose?
Barbara's best teams are freeze teams with an anemo to spread her hydro application (ideally ayaka+kazuha). She doesnt work very well with Xiangling and you usually end up vaporizing the wrong damage.

Using her outside of freeze is hard - electro charged is not worth building around and she's not great on either side of the vaporize reaction.

But outside of freeze Keq probably is the way to feel most ok about her because you can actually use barbara stamina buff and electro charged is technically something.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Nyoro posted:

If they add Noelles KFC costume to the game I'd start maining her

I think maybe that was just for the commercials in China. Basically i figure all thats happened though is KFC was a partner for Genshin and Mihoyo in China but not in North America, but Amazon is a big time partner in North America for the game and agreed to help carry the event in exchange for Mihoyo sending some subs their way on twitch and too many North American gamers are too dumb and paranoid to realize how these things work and that nobody is out to get them specifically.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

No Wave posted:

I got there in time...

We don't have confirmation that 2.3 uncaps the tree though, but I hope it will.

I'm at 193, and I went around with the treasure compass so I feel like I've gotten everything. The only thing I haven't done is any of that kid's minigame in random places, would that account for the rest of the 60 I'm missing?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No, but it's a good number (3 per kid). I only found all the inazuma city chests last week so compass there if you havent, and I'd recommend looking up the "dig" chests in inazuma because they're unfair. Otherwise you can compare your chest count per area with the known counts online to see where you should focus your search.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Baiard posted:

I'm at 193, and I went around with the treasure compass so I feel like I've gotten everything. The only thing I haven't done is any of that kid's minigame in random places, would that account for the rest of the 60 I'm missing?

Probably. Each gives a Precious as a reward for completing the whole sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I'm apparently missing ~20 electro seelies across all the islands - surprisingly hard to find everything in Inazuma sometimes...