Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hopper posted:

Yay! Waiting on someone's PCR test result to know if I need to go get tested. Fucksake...

Same, but their test was positive, yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

A very normal country.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

A very normal country.

Probably also the age group with the lowest test positivity rate

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

A very normal country.

Fix your map, kids can't get covid

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

:popclap:

e: Note that the Positivanteil means laboratory tests, which of course is going to be heavily slanted via preselection by rapid tests.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

:popclap:

e: Note that the Positivanteil means laboratory tests, which of course is going to be heavily slanted via preselection by rapid tests.

Huh, nuts

But at least the second derivative is green again, covid is over :coronatoot:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I have no children and I think the lying that went from "kids don't get it" > "kids don't transmit it" > "kids don't get schwere Verläufe" is one of the most disgusting things that happened. They only did that so they could open schools and Kitas where this poo poo is now rampant so the parents can work again for our Wirtschaft.

"The children are our future long Covid victims"

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lmao if true

(might not be true, the Krone is basically the Bild of Austria)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Hopper posted:

I have no children and I think the lying that went from "kids don't get it" > "kids don't transmit it" > "kids don't get schwere Verläufe" is one of the most disgusting things that happened. They only did that so they could open schools and Kitas where this poo poo is now rampant so the parents can work again for our Wirtschaft.

As a child-haver, I think the last part might be a bit drastic. I‘m definitely not defending the decisions made, but - depending on the age, and of course depending on the surrounding, character etc. - children suffered a lot under the lockdown, both in schools, sports clubs, kontaktbeschränkungen etc. It‘s more or less a fact now that Covid, Long-Covid etc. is a threat to children, but in some part I can understand (not endorse! Just understand) that getting children back into some kind of regular Sozialsystem was important.

You don‘t have to be a Helikopterelternteil to just want the best for your child, and there is so much stuff going wrong at the moment that our children will have to suffer through, and it‘s actually impressive to see many of them handling this hellworld better than many Erwachsene…

That‘s why I want this poo poo to be over (or under control) as fast as possible…this, and fighting Klimaerwärmung, fighting the damage all of this does to both the society and the economy future generations have to live in, and I really, really hoped we could all agree on doing everything to make this happen, instead of revealing how rotten and selfish our society has become during the fette Jahre.

I wouldn‘t even be surprised (from personal experience) that (many) parents cried more than their children in the last couple of months.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
But why didn't they buy proper ventilation equipment for schools then and why did they drop the mask mandate in schools? They claimed air conditioning devices would be too expensive, but buttered 3 times the money into BMW, VW and Konsorten who have enough money to manage without that help, the schools didn't.

All that doesn't really show much regard for children's wellbeing. My goddaughter is just shy of 6 years old and I saw what isolation did to her. She missed her friends, and her social skills probably suffered plus things that aren't as obvious I am sure. But there are other ways to mitigate these effects than to "open er up wide" and risk uncontrolled spread among kids.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Hopper posted:

"The children are our future long Covid victims"

Absolutely same, it's one of the biggest in an entire pile of scandals that happened. Sickening.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
All this discussion about our politicians sacrificing children to their dark god Mammon is deeply depressing so I desperately scanned around for some good news:

In a total surprise, Denmark's recent Kommunalwahlen endet in an even stronger Linksruck then our own:

-The AfD-equivalent splintered their vote into two parties
-The centrist party made huge losses
-An unified Red/Green list made huge gains

The centrist party is still in government, but now falling into crisis.

Progress!

Sources: Süddeutsche

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

A very normal country.

So did the Landkreis Ludwigslust-Parchim just decide to refuse to create joinder 2 (?) weeks ago when they got "hacked"?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
So much for the tolerant impf

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

ephex posted:

Same, but their test was positive, yay!

That sucks, sorry to hear it. But there is a good chance you'll be OK since you are vacced. I will find out tomorrow if I need to get tested myself.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

i'm really sick of those "won't someon think of the impfgegner :qq:" takes. lother wieler just gave a talk where he said that if we don't get some impfsahne into the antivaxxers, we're gonna have the same terrible winter next year. tests etc. don't get rid of covid, only vaccines will.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Libluini posted:

In a total surprise, Denmark's recent Kommunalwahlen endet in an even stronger Linksruck than our own:
Progress!
That sounds great.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

KonvexKonkav posted:

i'm really sick of those "won't someon think of the impfgegner :qq:" takes.
Which ones are those, now

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Hopper posted:

But why didn't they buy proper ventilation equipment for schools then and why did they drop the mask mandate in schools? They claimed air conditioning devices would be too expensive, but buttered 3 times the money into BMW, VW and Konsorten who have enough money to manage without that help, the schools didn't.

All that doesn't really show much regard for children's wellbeing. My goddaughter is just shy of 6 years old and I saw what isolation did to her. She missed her friends, and her social skills probably suffered plus things that aren't as obvious I am sure. But there are other ways to mitigate these effects than to "open er up wide" and risk uncontrolled spread among kids.

I agree in all parts. What you saw with your granddaughter is exactly what I mean. We are currently creating not only a short time hell for both us and the next generation, but we are creating a mid-term hell for the next generation and a long-term hell for the generations after that.

I kinda want to punch an Anti-Vaxxer in the face for telling me that he doesn't care about the others, but I'm too tired (and a coward, if that helps).

I just had this stupid thought that if poo poo hits the fan, we as a society might stick together, and try to protect those who can't easily protect themselves.

I even thought the Regierung might step in to help with that.

I'm more or less crack-pinged, and more and more drifting in some kind of nihilistic state which can't be good, I assume.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Smirr posted:

So did the Landkreis Ludwigslust-Parchim just decide to refuse to create joinder 2 (?) weeks ago when they got "hacked"?

The RKI doesn't recognize Landkreis Ludwigslust-Parchim as legitimate

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Und nun für etwas ganz anderes:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

Und nun für etwas ganz anderes:

Oh man, I remember this. That's a cute little parody.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Remember? That show still airs

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Libluini posted:

All this discussion about our politicians sacrificing children to their dark god Mammon is deeply depressing so I desperately scanned around for some good news:

In a total surprise, Denmark's recent Kommunalwahlen endet in an even stronger Linksruck then our own:

-The centrist party made huge losses
-An unified Red/Green list made huge gains

The centrist party is still in government, but now falling into crisis.

Progress!

Sources: Süddeutsche

which was the suprisingly left party that put brown people into a ~concentrated~ prison on an island?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress. Munich is at 694.8. No Lockdown my rear end. If they don't lock us down we are screwed. There are about 20 Intensivbetten available here.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Haramstufe Rot posted:

which was the suprisingly left party that put brown people into a ~concentrated~ prison on an island?

the party with huge losses

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Libluini posted:

Well sort of, since one of those two parties is like turbo-AFD. On the whole the far right lost votes in total, that much is true.

And while the centrist social democrats lost ground, the conservative party had large gains in most of the country. They still lost the mayoral office in Frederiksberg, which they had held for 112 years(!). A spokesperson for the party likened it to "England losing its Indian colony"...

There was a gain for left-wing parties, but it's not all roses.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 18, 2021

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

KozmoNaut posted:

. A spokesperson for the party likened it to "England losing its Indian colony"...

Accidentally self-aware?

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender

Hopper posted:

Holy gently caress. Munich is at 694.8. No Lockdown my rear end. If they don't lock us down we are screwed. There are about 20 Intensivbetten available here.

Laughs in Salzburgisch (inzidenz 1600ish, no Intensivbetten remaining. We are beobachting the situation).

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Antigravitas posted:

Accidentally self-aware?

Painfully oblivious.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Apart from all the bullshit with Präsenzunterricht and the like, but shouldn't kids be expected to have the highest Inzidenz on account of being the least vaccinated age group?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Torrannor posted:

Apart from all the bullshit with Präsenzunterricht and the like, but shouldn't kids be expected to have the highest Inzidenz on account of being the least vaccinated age group?

They have the highest

e: https://www.sueddeutsche.de/thema/Coronavirus

Tab „Deutschland“ over the graph. 0-15 have Inzidenz of over 500

Ee: then again, I assume they might also be the most tested age group at the moment before 3G at work comes into effect. Wieler from RKI agreed on the global study that assumes that for one positive test case, four are never tested and/or gemeldet. So that should also be considered.

tuo fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 18, 2021

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Seems quite hard to get a booster now, atleast in München. I tried impfzentren.bayern and what an absolute joke of a website they should just let doctolib directly manage all the öffizentren termine.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yep, can't get a Termin via Hamburg.de because the website seems broken exactly there

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Glad I managed to get my brother a booster Termin for today. Teacher, seven months since second shot, and no booster action for their school in sight.

:rubby:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Bedshaped posted:

Seems quite hard to get a booster now, atleast in München. I tried impfzentren.bayern and what an absolute joke of a website they should just let doctolib directly manage all the öffizentren termine.

Depending on your age try at doctor's offices.

The easiest way, however, is if you know a doctor. Maybe a parent of a kid in your kid's Kita group or class if that is applicable in your case, even if you just casually know them asking might not hurt.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Cool that I have to pay my PCR Test myself bc my dumb colleague did not use the corona warn app and their loving doctor and everybody else hosed up contract tracing, probably due to high workload lol

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

ephex posted:

Cool that I have to pay my PCR Test myself bc my dumb colleague did not use the corona warn app and their loving doctor and everybody else hosed up contract tracing, probably due to high workload lol

Some places let you get the free Schnelltest and if that's positive pcr is free

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Hopper posted:

Depending on your age try at doctor's offices.

Generally speaking I'd expect the Hausarzt to say "come back in February when we're done with the 80+ group". That said near me the Hautarzt offers covid jabs (and various covid tests) because Hautarzts love money, so try looking for Termine on Facharzt websites too.

Other than that try the Impfbus, but expect to wait some hours in the cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So apparently Corona is now a PAL.