Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's not specifically their metabolism but their poo poo livers. They're obligate carnivores so they get hepatitis and kitty liver failure really, really fast if they aren't eating complete proteins. Omnivores like dogs, or us, can go a lot longer without any calories even though it isn't good for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

What they did to Faye alone justifies pirating every piece of their content in perpetuity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dm5Qz41W4g
also yes I would like to unsubscribe from catfacts

That's why I only pirate cats.
You might have bought her, but she's on my couch now!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

One of the great pleasures in life is to eat an entire loaf of good bread by yourself in one sitting.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My neighbor's cats come over almost every day for cuddles and they leave after 10-15 minutes. I never feed them anything.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Oh my goodness. Kitty visitors!

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Ah yes exhibit A of why no one(this is hyperbole I promise) wants to hear about cats. Upon hearing that some are not infatuated with cats it is probably extremely normal to just double-down and post more cat stuff in the PHUO thread.

PHUO: Instant coffee is loving great and espresso drinks/pour-overs are for the petite bourgeoisie

vv do you understand what a PHUO is ? I am really trying to move the conversation forward here. You could too

Jokerpilled Drudge has a new favorite as of 14:16 on Nov 19, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
PHUO: cats and lattes are both good

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

PHUOs: People are way too scared of having kids and also way too precious about cleaning plates and utensils

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People who don't immediately wash their dishes are insane. By the time you've plated your food only the dishes your eating on should be dirty.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Why would I stop to wash the pots/pans while my food gets cold?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
PHUO: Goons are so consistently wrong about everything, that if the goon consensus says one thing, it’s a safe bet that reality is the exact opposite.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Bargearse posted:

PHUO: Goons are so consistently wrong about everything, that if the goon consensus says one thing, it’s a safe bet that reality is the exact opposite.
I... agree? :ohdear:

But isn't this a corollary of the principle that "the most vocal Internet voices are wrong", just with goons as one such group?

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
tbh "goons are bad and wrong about everything" is an incredibly popular opinion among goons, it seems

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Oh no it seems I didn’t think this one through :ohdear:

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
one time i saw a goon life hack about eating Cheetos with chopsticks so it hasn't all been terrible

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Bargearse posted:

How do you determine goon consensus anyway? One example of goons being wrong I guess is goons were sure bitcoin was a scam, and now the people who put in money into the scam early are rich. It's a scam sure, the same way fiat currency, or reality being objectively perceivable are scams.

I've had to wake up at 4 am for work for a week and while it's horrible, and several nights I slept like 2 hours at most, it still was an interesting experience.

Women that handle dick with too much enthusiasm and don't watch their nails or teeth are the worst.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Bitcoin and crypto in general only looks like less of a scam because we're in the golden age of it. You can make some good money on it if you know when to pull out, but it's not investing, it's gambling. When it comes crashing down there are going to be so many people who "believed" in it that are going to be totally broke and have absolutely no recourse.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Bitcoin and crypto in general only looks like less of a scam because we're in the golden age of it. You can make some good money on it if you know when to pull out, but it's not investing, it's gambling. When it comes crashing down there are going to be so many people who "believed" in it that are going to be totally broke and have absolutely no recourse.

It's been around long enough, and people are gonna need a way to pay for drugs and launder money, so the value of the big ones is not gonna disappear. Lots of the smaller ones are just straight up gambling.

But yeah, real investing is index funds with no management cost.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

doverhog posted:

Women that handle dick with too much enthusiasm and don't watch their nails or teeth are the worst.

Look at this weirdo who doesn’t want a bleeding penis

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

I... agree? :ohdear:

But isn't this a corollary of the principle that "the most vocal Internet voices are wrong", just with goons as one such group?

But then, if the goon consensus is that goons are wrong about everything, then I am wrong and the goon consensus is right.

Truly, I am brought low by my own hubris.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

doverhog posted:

One example of goons being wrong I guess is goons were sure bitcoin was a scam, and now the people who put in money into the scam early are rich. It's a scam sure, the same way fiat currency, or reality being objectively perceivable are scams.
More like a ponzi scheme. The people who get into those early make money, too. That's how they convince more people to sign up.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Tiggum posted:

More like a ponzi scheme. The people who get into those early make money, too. That's how they convince more people to sign up.

They work differently though. I was looking into starting to mine bitcoin in like 2012 but didn't. Just buying it would have been better than mining really. Instead I wake up at 4 am for work and casually know some people who did.

But it's not really useful to think about these things too much.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 09:15 on Nov 20, 2021

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Bittcoin isnt a scam, its just volatile and unpredictable. Like rolling dice. You can make money, or you lose it all. But then why not just join a poker lobby and go all in?

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Bargearse posted:

I never bought bitcoin, but looking at the forums here you can identify several points where goon derision can be said to have reached a fever pitch. If I had bought in at any of those points I'd have been rich now.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Like, not just at the beginning, but throughout.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

How do you determine goon consensus anyway? One example of goons being wrong I guess is goons were sure bitcoin was a scam, and now the people who put in money into the scam early are rich. It's a scam sure, the same way fiat currency, or reality being objectively perceivable are scams.

I've had to wake up at 4 am for work for a week and while it's horrible, and several nights I slept like 2 hours at most, it still was an interesting experience.

I like dudes too bud. Who needs vagina-havers?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Sucking dick is an artform

a lot of people are quite bad at it. Some are mediocre… then there are those who take pride in their cocksucking skills. These people have honed their craft… perfected it. They will have your cummies, come hell or high water

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

Sucking dick is an artform

a lot of people are quite bad at it. Some are mediocre… then there are those who take pride in their cocksucking skills. These people have honed their craft… perfected it. They will have your cummies, come hell or high water

You don't even have to be an artist just please don't leave red tooth marks.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Crespolini posted:

I never bought bitcoin, but looking at the forums here you can identify several points where goon derision can be said to have reached a fever pitch. If I had bought in at any of those points I'd have been rich now.

They weren’t wrong that bitcoin is the stupidest poo poo imaginable, but just lol that they didn’t even try to turn it to their advantage.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There's still time to get in on NFTs. Might I suggest the Kyanka Collection?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Collapsing Farts posted:

Bittcoin isnt a scam, its just volatile and unpredictable. Like rolling dice. You can make money, or you lose it all. But then why not just join a poker lobby and go all in?

If the chips were diesel powered.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
it's just gambling and hindsight is 20-20. You are basically having the same thought process as someone mad at themselves for leaving a craps table right before someone else gets a big win

Jokerpilled Drudge has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Nov 20, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

it's just gambling and hindsight is 20-20. You are basically having the same thought process as someone mad at themselves for leaving a craps table right after someone gets a big win

Once again, that metaphor only works if the dice in your craps game burn a barrel of oil an hour

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Bargearse posted:

They weren’t wrong that bitcoin is the stupidest poo poo imaginable, but just lol that they didn’t even try to turn it to their advantage.

specifically derision in terms of making money on it. it kinda broke my brain a little bit, because the goons are always wrong meme should be a joke, not something that's true and can be used to predict the market. even top dollar analytical software can't do that :psyduck:

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

Once again, that metaphor only works if the dice in your craps game burn a barrel of oil an hour

i wanted to keep it simple for the people who get confused easily

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
organic food is also pseudoscience for rich suckers that is ultimately bad for poor people ( not a coin defender)

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Vashro posted:

organic food is also pseudoscience for rich suckers that is ultimately bad for poor people ( not a coin defender)

The way organic food is done may on the whole be bad but I will defend the idea that you can grow food without using the maximum amount of pesticides and fertilizers, and then sell it for a higher price.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Crespolini posted:

specifically derision in terms of making money on it. it kinda broke my brain a little bit, because the goons are always wrong meme should be a joke, not something that's true and can be used to predict the market. even top dollar analytical software can't do that :psyduck:

In retrospect, it's obvious that they failed to take into account the fact that we're living in the worst timeline, where every event plays out to the stupidest possible conclusion. It was inevitable that something as dumb as bitcoin would become a runaway success.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Mike Stoklasa is an attractive man for his age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Mike Stoklasa is an attractive man for his age

I wouldn't throw him our of bed unless I was going to gently caress him on the floor.