Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Fireside Nut posted:

Is there some new data on this since the discussion in here a few days ago? Or are you just having a lol

I really don't want to have to worry about the vaccines causing cancer lmao

If the mRNA vaccines gave you cancer what do you think COVID would do. Also turns out we're all getting COVID eventually.

edit: the worst snipe, the vaccines don't give you cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

posting on the pandemic page

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm just doing my get therapy gimmick. I only know about radiology, but off the cuff I can't think of how it would cancer you.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

facetoucher cat posted:

I've been sitting in the parking lot of a medical center for a bit now with the chair leaned back. Dude just drove up, parked next to me, just sat there a minute, it looked like he was using his phone. At this point I don't think he noticed me

He gets out of his car, pees on the bush in front of his car, didn't go up into the tree line or anything. At this point dick-in-hand he noticed me. He swings around so he is facing away from me, I was getting full view of everything until then, pisses on the hood of his car in doing so. Dude finished, got in his car, then stared me down like I had just killed his grandmother for a good minute or two. I just shrugged at him, then he drove off so fast he jumped the curb when he backed up and almost hit the building

Covid is a good reason not to go anywhere but I think I just discovered another
:lmao:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1461425891607818256

Nothing we could have done!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

The Oldest Man posted:

King County WA brought back the last 30 days of data view for vaccination disease rates vs unvaccinated. As you might expect, the relative risk for unvaccinated keeps going up but the ratio in the absolute number of cases keeps swinging toward vaxxed since so many people are slut juiced here.

am i reading that right, over the past 30 days 42% of deaths were 'fully' vaccinated

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm just doing my get therapy gimmick. I only know about radiology, but off the cuff I can't think of how it would cancer you.

lol that's what I was hoping. I was catching up on the thread and thought I maybe missed something.

Sorry to interrupt everyone's brunch!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Louisgod posted:

I wonder why the PNW is supposedly enjoying a reprieve from rising cases compared to other states, is it because we have more staunch masking guidelines in both indoor establishments and schools?
just this week has it really started to get cold, and even then just barely
it's only a matter of time

edit, i see it's already been replied/responded to

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Elea posted:

No major side effects except soreness from my Pfizer booster. Endless vaccines will go easier for me than others it seems. :cool:

i love that they still think gender is between the legs

you could even make a joke about "removed sex"!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

:denmark:

To get tested. They reintroduced rapid tests a few weeks ago and immediately scrapped them again. PCR had been scaled back massively and they can't scale back up fast enough to keep up with demand. Coronapass was reintroduced last Friday, so that's a factor as well.

Why is everything so dumb?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

COVID is causing long term health damage to millions, and the healthcare industry is going to profit off it
https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1461431924212355078?s=20

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

me, putting an invasive species into an environment where it could freely produce and destroy its surroundings: I'm sure this'll be perfectly fine after a while

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:3:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Tzen posted:

just this week has it really started to get cold, and even then just barely
it's only a matter of time

edit, i see it's already been replied/responded to

excuse me how dare you ever imply that anyone who has ever been vaccinated could still possibly die from covid, you loving anti vaxxer

edit: lol you editted before I could catch it. dang it.

You know I love you.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Consummate Professional posted:

only 7 times less likely? not worth the trouble of getting vaxxed

i'll take a free 7x+ multiplier to improve my odds. there is zero downside

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

The vaccine doesn't cause cancer.

The mereck antiviral pills on the other hand...

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Nocturtle posted:

My kids haven't been inside any other place other than our apartment for over ~16 months, aside from the doctor's or dentist's office. Their next trip to the grocery store is going to blow their minds.
yeah the 5 or so times i've taken my oldest grocery shopping over the past few months.. it's a loving EVENT, they're hyped as hell and won't stop talking about it until bed time

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

silicone thrills posted:

excuse me how dare you ever imply that anyone who has ever been vaccinated could still possibly die from covid, you loving anti vaxxer

edit: lol you editted before I could catch it. dang it.

You know I love you.
my edit skills are unmatched

lmao catching up with this thread, i need to take a breather
with my mask on of course
gently caress the fresh air i don't want to smell anything

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

genericnick posted:

Why is everything so dumb?

We're a bunch of barely sapient failapes.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

corona familiar posted:

same, real proud of it.

NeonPunk posted:

The vaccine doesn't cause cancer.

The mereck antiviral pills on the other hand...

:lol: what?

E: we're back to almost nobody wearing masks in the Augusta area and my spouse thinks you can get covid from sweat dripping into your food for take-out and that's why socially distanced restaurants are just the same risk as me going to a farm auction (business-necessary) in an n95. then he argued that he's an adult and should be allowed to calculate his own risks and go to a restaurant if he feels like it. babe you are not being reassuring here.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

mod sassinator posted:

i'll take a free 7x+ multiplier to improve my odds. there is zero downside

The downside is capital announcing that Covid is Over and forcing everyone back to work with nothing but a deeply flawed vaccine to protect them.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

corona familiar posted:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I need the dennis laughing with the meteors falling in the background gif for as soon as I find out how super spreader this event was in the next few days.

I had seriously 3 people slack me to ask "omg why didnt you come hang out with us"

answered truthfully with

"I have hosed up lungs and dont want to die"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
My four month old has been to the doctors office, the (boosted) grandparent’s houses, and a cabin we rented. That’s it.

Meanwhile I see pictures of acquaintances taking their one month old newborn to a god drat movie theater.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Have they even given a time line of when the Pfizer and Merck pills are going to be available?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Thoguh posted:

My four month old has been to the doctors office, the grandparent’s houses, and a cabin we rented. That’s it.

Meanwhile I see pictures of acquaintances taking their one month old newborn to a god drat movie theater.

People who take children younger than toddlers to movie theaters are loving monsters anyway.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Thoguh posted:

My four month old has been to the doctors office, the (boosted) grandparent’s houses, and a cabin we rented. That’s it.

I'm a huge disney parks nerd and the crack ping that happens when I see toddlers walking around down there unmasked and on rides is like a glacier snapping off.

can I ask thread how y'all who have had to go to hotels and cabins and things like that have dealt with poo poo? are you trusting that someone didn't come in coughing all over your room or what?

coke
Jul 12, 2009

corona familiar posted:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tzen posted:

gently caress the fresh air i don't want to smell anything

Have you tried getting SARS-COV2

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm a huge disney parks nerd and the crack ping that happens when I see toddlers walking around down there unmasked and on rides is like a glacier snapping off.

can I ask thread how y'all who have had to go to hotels and cabins and things like that have dealt with poo poo? are you trusting that someone didn't come in coughing all over your room or what?

I've done whole house airbnbs where they claim at least that no one has occupied the space in over 24hrs and decent ventilation. I think thats really the best you can ask for if you have to deal with it.

Like you can't control for everything and sometimes you absolutely cant avoid dealing with it. When I went to TN I absolutely had to because otherwise they wouldnt cremate my dad with out an in person signature apparently. Some liability bullshit.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
HHS Data today

There are 46 states with ICU Occupancy levels over 70%.

The Number of Adults hospitalized with COVID is up 761 since yesterday, and 2,655 over the past two days - from 45,841 to 48,496
The Number of Adults In the ICUs with COVID is up 110 since yesterday, and 358 over the past two days - from 11651 to 11899
The Number of Kids hospitalized with COVID is up 39 since yesterday, and 72 over the past two days - from 1240 to 1312

Critical Staffing Shortages 11/18 (Same map as 11/17)

https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1461052662653272073?s=20

Inpatient Bed Usage

https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1461435461486800897?s=20

Short thread with ICU Occupancy today, a comparison vs yesterday, 10 days ago, November 1st, 8/20 (When I started doing this) and since july 2020 (When i decided to be a nerd and go back that far)
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1461437317009141761?s=20

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hollismason posted:

Have they even given a time line of when the Pfizer and Merck pills are going to be available?

FDA is meeting about Merck's pill on November 30th - Pfizer just submitted to FDA for approval this week, but no idea if the Pfizer pill will be discussed on November 30th

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Atrocious Joe posted:

COVID is causing long term health damage to millions, and the healthcare industry is going to profit off it
https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1461431924212355078?s=20

no better picture of the pandemic than China building 5,000 person international travel quarantine facilities while America builds similar sized chronic lung damage care centers

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Tzen posted:

yeah the 5 or so times i've taken my oldest grocery shopping over the past few months.. it's a loving EVENT, they're hyped as hell and won't stop talking about it until bed time

ohhh find one with an awesome produce section. haggan had this amazing mushroom display out front, i was in awe (and lol, wine and mushrooms... my kind of night)

holiday produce displays are on point these days

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I've done several stays at Airbnb's throughout the pandemic, bringing the whole family along and whatnot. It's all been at cabins or whole separate houses. Upon arrival I opened every door and window, kept masks on, unpacked quickly, then went out for lunch or to check out whatever is nearby. So the place has a good 30-90min to change the air.

Tzen fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 18, 2021

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

When you rent a cabin you have the whole thing. There is no one else there.

When you go to Disneyland you do not have the whole thing.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Failed Imagineer posted:

Have you tried getting SARS-COV2
lmao

I've posted it before but man is it jarring to finally remove the half mask while on a downtown street and getting a huge whiff of an alley or parking garage or whatever else. Just boom! Piss, oil, grease, etc. straight to the brain

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

With that attitude you'll never occupy all of Disneyland

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

DYK there's a freaking pandemic happening?!?!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Thoguh posted:

but I just can't wait to be queeeen :smith:

Still though, there are cleaners and whatnot. People who go into the cabin. I'm mostly asking in case I have to take another overnight road trip due to farm stuff. Sleeping in the back of my van hurt for three solid weeks until my broken body decided to stop hating me.

Tzen posted:

I've done several stays at Airbnb's throughout the pandemic, bringing the whole family along and whatnot. It's all been at cabins or whole separate houses. Upon arrival I opened every door and window, kept masks on, unpacked quickly, then went out for lunch or to check out whatever is nearby. So the place has a good 30-90min to change the air.

That's an awesome idea. Thank you :3:

silicone thrills posted:

I've done whole house airbnbs where they claim at least that no one has occupied the space in over 24hrs and decent ventilation. I think thats really the best you can ask for if you have to deal with it.

Like you can't control for everything and sometimes you absolutely cant avoid dealing with it. When I went to TN I absolutely had to because otherwise they wouldnt cremate my dad with out an in person signature apparently. Some liability bullshit.

Yeah it's liability bullshit. I'm sorry you had to deal with it though.