Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
I think that is from new Spring so we may see a similar scene in the first Season, depends on what parts of that story they are using.

So Spoiler that maybe?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

MadHat posted:

I think that is from new Spring so we may see a similar scene in the first Season, depends on what parts of that story they are using.

I believe this scene came from Chapter 8 of The Great Hunt. I've never read New Spring and I knew exactly what Hughmoris was referring to.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So is this going to be for mature audiences or is this PG 13.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hollismason posted:

So is this going to be for mature audiences or is this PG 13.

I would err on the side of TV MA until you hear otherwise

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

IcePhoenix posted:

I would err on the side of TV MA until you hear otherwise

So a chance at hanging dong.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

MadHat posted:

So Spoiler that maybe?

Good point, I wasn't really thinking. Spoiler'd

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Currently on the show's page on Amazon, you can see this.

Am I really remembering wrong or isn't it supposed to be "Wetlands"? I don't remember anyone refering to it as "westlands"

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
There is no mention of what Randland is called in the books but the Big Book of Bad Art refers to it as the 'Westlands'

The wetlands is what the Aiel call it

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I am excited to force my wife to watch this with me

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

CainFortea posted:

Currently on the show's page on Amazon, you can see this.

Am I really remembering wrong or isn't it supposed to be "Wetlands"? I don't remember anyone refering to it as "westlands"

As One Year Later wrote, the books never gave us an official name for the region south of the Great Blight, and west of the Aiel Waste. One of the most commonly used fan names was the Westlands.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 18, 2021

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The wetlands is what the Aiel call it

Yea, to my recollection that was the only name for that area.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

lol my new couches don't get here til tomorrow and the old ones got hauled away. am I going to watch three hours of television in a camping or kitchen chair tonight?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

lol my new couches don't get here til tomorrow and the old ones got hauled away. am I going to watch three hours of television in a camping or kitchen chair tonight?

Go get bean bag chairs.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Lounge on cushions ;)

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

RC Cola posted:

I am excited to force my wife very patient and loving partner to watch this with me

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Man, my wife is down to watch it, and she never read the books. I can barely get her to watch Babylon 5 though. :(

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Both my wife and I have read to books multiple time and will be watching together.

Suddenly feeling the hype. It's got potential to be so, so good.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Also

Bela is a darkfriend

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dysgenesis posted:

Also

Bela is a darkfriend

this makes me wonder how they're going to handle a specific thing that I'm not sure if I should even put into spoiler tags

actually what are the rules on spoiler tagging stuff from the books relating to possibilities in the show? I know there's a book thread but I'm really not interested in splitting discussion between them.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

this makes me wonder how they're going to handle a specific thing that I'm not sure if I should even put into spoiler tags

actually what are the rules on spoiler tagging stuff from the books relating to possibilities in the show? I know there's a book thread but I'm really not interested in splitting discussion

In the foundation thread most people will do something like
"yea, and i'm looking forward to (book spoiler) spoiler from the book goes here

But having said that, When I watched it today I saw (show spoiler)Show spoiler goes here"

Mainly because any show based on books is going to bring new readers who may see the show first and don't want the books spoiled. But if you don't label your spoilers, they won't know which is which. Which seems reasonable to me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CainFortea posted:

In the foundation thread most people will do something like
"yea, and i'm looking forward to (book spoiler) spoiler from the book goes here

But having said that, When I watched it today I saw (show spoiler)Show spoiler goes here"

Mainly because any show based on books is going to bring new readers who may see the show first and don't want the books spoiled. But if you don't label your spoilers, they won't know which is which. Which seems reasonable to me.

that makes sense

I wonder how they're going to handle (early book 1) Rand unknowingly channeling away Bela's fatigue in the show

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

IcePhoenix posted:

actually what are the rules on spoiler tagging stuff from the books relating to possibilities in the show? I know there's a book thread but I'm really not interested in splitting discussion between them.

It would really be best to talk about any book stuff in the book thread. The book thread is also a full spoilers show thread.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
If you want to talk spoilers please use the book bran thread, and generally let's try and keep book spoiler out of the TV thread for anyone new to the series. Once an episode is posted then it's fair games to talk about it here but personally I will be using spoiler tags until a day later as to not ruin anything for people who have yet to watch.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

come, join us in the book bran thread. we're harmless.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Johnny Joestar posted:

never

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Oh poo poo. Happy Birthday to me, that this will air tonight for me!!!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Johnny Joestar posted:

Bunch of braid tuggers, if you ask me.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

If you want to talk spoilers please use the book bran thread, and generally let's try and keep book spoiler out of the TV thread for anyone new to the series. Once an episode is posted then it's fair games to talk about it here but personally I will be using spoiler tags until a day later as to not ruin anything for people who have yet to watch.

But someone who hasn't read the books, but will be reading the books, should probably not be reading that thread cause there's like, spoilers ahoy over there?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

CainFortea posted:

But someone who hasn't read the books, but will be reading the books, should probably not be reading that thread cause there's like, spoilers ahoy over there?

:yeah: It's a full on spoiler thread for a finished series.

There's also newbie book thread for first time readers, but that's more book thing, not series thing.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

its a cool and good thread actually

Edit: Where is my best friend user Mat Cauthon at?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Clearly we need 7 separate threads to cover all permutations of show:book consumption

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

CainFortea posted:

There's a separate thread for new book readers too!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Looks like there's free 7 day trial for the Amazon Prime even for older clients.
Just watched the one minute hype-trailer for the show on prime. Pretty :stoked: right now.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So this poo poo is in like an hour, right?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So this poo poo is in like an hour, right?

Maybe!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Rarity posted:

Clearly we need 7 separate threads to cover all permutations of show:book consumption

BRB, I'm making my own thread for people who read 9:sh books that were out back in the day, but never read the later books.

Edit: No spoiling please on my thread.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 18, 2021

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Its usually GMT , because they use to do the same thing with The Expanse. They' release the episodes on GMT time and so you could watch it a day earlier than it normally is released. Same thing with The Boys.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is it? I'm still only seeing bonus episodes i.e. trailers. I'm within GMT too, so I'd have expected it to pop for me.