Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vlaphor posted:

I may not know my electricity, but something about this feels off.

I expect they had some environmental or mounting requirements that a wall wart doesn’t meet.

Why roll your own when you can do this and slap a sticker saying “SEALED UNIT NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

sarcastx posted:

lol is this dude going around his own property strapped as gently caress with two pistols and the rifle or what's going on there

If you own a sizeable amount of land and you don't go out on it armed, depending on what part of the country you're in it could be bad news for you.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ChesterJT posted:

If you own a sizeable amount of land and you don't go out on it armed, depending on what part of the country you're in it could be bad news for you.

He has a raccoon already?

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

sarcastx posted:

lol is this dude going around his own property strapped as gently caress with two pistols and the rifle or what's going on there

Well one pistol and a rifle. But yeah where do you drive around with yours?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Atticus_1354 posted:

Well one pistol and a rifle. But yeah where do you drive around with yours?

Just around my own living room like this

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BREAKING NEWS! Terrible for thread content!

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1461181207748780038

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Things I do not want to see on a jobsite:

1. This

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Koon and the Gang

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Well we're only halfway through November. Still a couple weeks left at least for deer striking.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Okie and the Bandit

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Nice! Soon we'll have our unrepairable tractors-as-a-service not built by white collar scabs and jackasses but supervised by white collar jackasses again!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Vlaphor posted:

That is really well made and I wouldn't have a problem using it. If this was a commercial device, the only difference would be that the transformer has another case, no plug but a cable clamp and is 5 times as expensive.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Good metaphor for humanity in the petroleum era.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 is looking weird without CGI.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://i.imgur.com/mKpZqDL.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
poo poo wrong thread

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

A lady I work with said her husband was using normal height stilts and stepped on a screw on the floor and got all hosed up. I can imagine all that leverage can really do a number on your knees.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/3sPKpu5.mp4

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Finally a job built for goons.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

This is amazing. And that build quality looks pretty nice. Look at all those smoothed, even tape lines.

Anyone know what the mud tool he's using is called?

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

CarForumPoster posted:

This is amazing. And that build quality looks pretty nice. Look at all those smoothed, even tape lines.

Anyone know what the mud tool he's using is called?

mud tool thats what i call my butt hole

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Tunicate posted:

Here's a similar story from england where the guy was stuck under a pile of cheese for 9 hours but emerged uninjured

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3576799/At-one-person-missing-warehouse-collapsed-Shropshire.html

Dangerously Cheesy

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they call him thunder thighs

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

tractor man posted:

mud tool thats what i call my butt hole

please dont spread your butt mud

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Shitter's full

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/1Tkqkhb.mp4

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Charlie was right.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Eight Legged Freaks remake going pretty good.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

What a dick! <:mad:>

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

firearms are dangerous enough to use that a well run production will have a single person specifically responsible for only the firearms on set, and maintain constant awareness of where the gun is and what state it is in. its like lighting a stuntperson on fire, this is wildly dangerous stuff but it can be done correctly if everyone involved is paying attention and doing their job. there's no reason to have firefighters on set for this sort of thing because they won't know any more about lighting people on fire than the dedicated fire-stunt production staff will, and your average cop isn't going to know as much about firearm safety as a skilled and competent film industry armorer
The LA Times has been doing rock-solid work on this. They got an interview with a professional armorer who turned the gig down, because he said he needed a dedicated sub-armorer and a dedicated propmaster working under him, and Rust would only spring for one.

The amateur who took the job had only one propmaster/sub-armorer working under her, and her lawyers complained that she was overtaxed handling both jobs so it wasn't reallly her fault. (Speaking of amateurs, her lawyers went on Good Morning America to tell her side of the story. WTF.)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Arsenic Lupin posted:

(Speaking of amateurs, her lawyers went on Good Morning America to tell her side of the story. WTF.)

What's the thought process for these people? Winning in the court of public opinion is nice, I guess, but that's not the court that will decide whether you're guilty of negligent homicide.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

wiegieman posted:

What's the thought process for these people? Winning in the court of public opinion is nice, I guess, but that's not the court that will decide whether you're guilty of negligent homicide.

"I get to be famous!" (the lawyers)

https://www.insider.com/rust-armorer-lawyer-says-she-was-framed-da-nixes-claims-2021-11

quote:

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed's lawyers have previously suggested that someone may have put a live bullet into a box of "dummy" rounds on the New Mexico film set to "sabotage" the production — and an attorney for her doubled down on those claims this week while declining to provide proof to a reporter.

"We are convinced that this was sabotage and Hannah is being framed," said lawyer Jason Bowles. "Information is going to come out that needs to be fully investigated and considered by the district attorney."

In addition to the unsubstantiated claims of sabotage, Bowles also said that the lawyers believe that the scene at Bonanza Creek Ranch "was tampered with" before police responded to the October 21 shooting.

Bowles did not give any evidence to back up this claim either.

The attorney added, "We eagerly await the FBI's investigation as well and we are asking for a full and complete investigation of all of the facts, including the live rounds themselves, how they ended up in the 'dummies' box, and who put them in there."

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Marcade posted:

Shitter's full

i hope that's not doodoo butter. it looked a little like concrete to me but it's kinda... chunky. :barf:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1461212576537317379?t=hSbBV8QK24qRBRVId8-ySA&s=19

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Hope he doesn't need to leave on a cloudy day.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Big bad wolf calling in his human step brother to help out with that little piggy problem.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Vlaphor posted:

I routinely extend DC power supplies like this by cutting the cable and soldering on a new longer piece of cable in between, staggering the leads and using heat shrink. This is art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Tunicate posted:

According to RT, this video was from an alcohol warehouse in Russia, and the guy survived (but was hospitalized)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMc7ztjMd-U

Here's a similar story from england where the guy was stuck under a pile of cheese for 9 hours but emerged uninjured

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3576799/At-one-person-missing-warehouse-collapsed-Shropshire.html

No video exists, but I know a guy who was stuck under frozen sticks of butter for about that long, but his cab was enclosed and heated.

Though that warehouse was extra fun. The pallet racks were 7 pallets deep, the top 3 layers were flow racks where the pallets are on little sleds and roll forward to meet you, the lower 2 were drive-in. They had a tendency to split open like a banana if you looked at it wrong. It wasn't uncommon to be required to pull pallets from the bottom with an uncaged pallet jack.

E: I can only assume they don't make those anymore because I can't find a picture of a comparable setup.

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 18, 2021