Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

DontMockMySmock posted:

First of all, it says it's cheese, right there next to the word "product." Second, I don't give a poo poo about arbitrary legal definitions - it's a loving cheese, it's real, stop being a loving elitist snob about it.

Got a great deal for you on some Herkimer diamonds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Scratch Monkey posted:

I know they call it Canadian cheese in Canada.

I have never in my life heard the phrase "Canadian cheese" refer to anything other than "this cheese, which is of some variety such as cheddar or havarti or whatever, was made in Canada using milk from Canadian cows, and we're using that fact as a marketing gimmick, even though this is true of the vast majority of cheese consumed in Canada."

Kraft Singles are what is known as "processed cheese." I have never heard them called "Canadian cheese." Unless this is a eastern Canada thing or other regionalism?

(I'm not fond of it myself. Sodium citrate has an aftertaste I don't enjoy, and I also find it sticky in my mouth in an unpleasant way. But hey, if you like it, you do you.)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

ikanreed posted:

Liverpool having a pretty dubious definition of "actual" cheese

Really; even the mice wouldn't touch it

freeedr posted:

I would just like to point out that there is an actual kind of cheese called American cheese and it is not Kraft singles. It’s merely another, closely-related horrible abomination

"Cheese Food." It's right on the label.

It has its uses. Besides bookmarks.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Man, who knew an argument about how to make bookmarks would create such a derail.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RoboRodent posted:

(I'm not fond of it myself. Sodium citrate has an aftertaste I don't enjoy, and I also find it sticky in my mouth in an unpleasant way. But hey, if you like it, you do you.)

I want to try the sodium citrate thing using an actual packaged product version of it. I tried it once by just reacting citric acid and baking soda on the stove to make my own, and I probably got the ratios screwed up because it "worked" but it turned the cheese green and it tasted kinda weird.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

RoboRodent posted:

I have never in my life heard the phrase "Canadian cheese" refer to anything other than "this cheese, which is of some variety such as cheddar or havarti or whatever, was made in Canada using milk from Canadian cows, and we're using that fact as a marketing gimmick, even though this is true of the vast majority of cheese consumed in Canada."

Kraft Singles are what is known as "processed cheese." I have never heard them called "Canadian cheese." Unless this is a eastern Canada thing or other regionalism?

I've seen restaurants specify cheese on cheeseburgers as "Canadian cheddar" to differentiate they're not using the cheap processed stuff.

I've never heard the term "Canadian cheese" used to refer to kraft singles or the like.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So how about those craft beers and their countries of origin, eh?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I eat plain grits and enjoy it. come at me mother fuckers

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Something something loving close to water

Actual loving content:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Enjoying a nice lunch on my day off.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

DontMockMySmock posted:

First of all, it says it's cheese, right there next to the word "product." Second, I don't give a poo poo about arbitrary legal definitions - it's a loving cheese, it's real, stop being a loving elitist snob about it.

Firstly, America, a country that considers Hershey's to be chocolate, doesn't allow Kraft Singles to be labelled cheese.
Secondly, I can, right now, go to several sites (e.g. https://poopsenders.com/) and get a box full of multiple types of food product sent globally (or so they claim- review at https://www.vice.com/en/article/mgb5an/shitexpresss-bitcoin-for-animal-poop-service-the-motherboard-review if you want competing services). So it's real, it's definitely a food product..... is it a real food?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

I want to try the sodium citrate thing using an actual packaged product version of it. I tried it once by just reacting citric acid and baking soda on the stove to make my own, and I probably got the ratios screwed up because it "worked" but it turned the cheese green and it tasted kinda weird.

The important thing is only using a much as you need. I don't remember the recommended amount, something like 2.5%, and I use a jewelers scale to weigh it out. It definitely has a taste that you will get if you use too much, and like all flavors, some folks are oging to be more sensitive to it anyway. But it lets oyu do magical things, like the time I made Stilton blue slices for smash burgers.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

thepopmonster posted:

Firstly, America, a country that considers Hershey's to be chocolate, doesn't allow Kraft Singles to be labelled cheese.
Secondly, I can, right now, go to several sites (e.g. https://poopsenders.com/) and get a box full of multiple types of food product sent globally (or so they claim- review at https://www.vice.com/en/article/mgb5an/shitexpresss-bitcoin-for-animal-poop-service-the-motherboard-review if you want competing services). So it's real, it's definitely a food product..... is it a real food?

Oh my god shut the gently caress upppppppppp

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I eat plain grits and enjoy it. come at me mother fuckers

Plain grits, but then Cajun seasoned shrimp with garlic, green onion, and a lot of butter.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

jesus gently caress it's like you're reading my soul :negative:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

White Light

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CannonFodder posted:

Plain grits, but then Cajun seasoned shrimp with garlic, green onion, and a lot of butter.

that looks good as hell

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Lobok posted:

More or less. "Mm, time for some delicious milk. Hey, what are these chunks? We may have something here... I know, let's dry and cure the poo poo out of them like we do for everything else."

then the follow up "hmm this only happens when we store the milk in these [ruminant] stomachs, no loving idea why that is"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
were milk stomachs the first pony jars

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

jesus gently caress it's like you're reading my soul :negative:

Right down to the svga display

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I lol'd so hard at this, thank you.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Mauser posted:

ok I guess it's a hamster, but I'm not sure what the difference is

At least it doesn't have rabies.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
I'm going to raise two points. Bad cheese and "processed" cheese aren't the same. Processed cheese just has an emulsifier in it, typically sodium citrate and you should have some in your kitchen because processed cheese owns.

Second, you can absolutely wash modern made cast iron and not worry about seasoning. That's from when the casting process sucked. If it's under 40 years old, wash away.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Any other olds remember that time the ninja turtles were on Oprah and talking some serious poo poo in front of kids?

Sound on.

https://i.imgur.com/kMyUFWF.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Basic Poster posted:

I'm going to raise two points. Bad cheese and "processed" cheese aren't the same. Processed cheese just has an emulsifier in it, typically sodium citrate and you should have some in your kitchen because processed cheese owns.

Second, you can absolutely wash modern made cast iron and not worry about seasoning. That's from when the casting process sucked. If it's under 40 years old, wash away.

so you just woke up thinking "I really should go to war today."

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

LifeSunDeath posted:

so you just woke up thinking "I really should go to war today."

I wish you were my irl friend

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

CannonFodder posted:

All shrimp and grits needs some kind of pork in it. Them's the rules.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Data Graham posted:

Getting strong "student alchemist" vibes

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Any other olds remember that time the ninja turtles were on Oprah and talking some serious poo poo in front of kids?

Sound on.

Oh, I get it. Because they live in the sewer.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zedprime posted:

If the cheese is so good in England why are you using it as bookmarks?

Because the american cheese is good only for that role.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmfao

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Scratch Monkey posted:

I know they call it Canadian cheese in Canada.

We call that Canadian gheese.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

:lol:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Sound on.

What the gently caress

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Red Leicester 🤤

Mmm, not much call for it this time of year.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

CannonFodder posted:

I've had that general dish before, the spiciness of the shrimp goes nicely with the grits

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Milo and POTUS posted:

What the gently caress

So... do they gently caress underwater or was it just a gross deep throat joke. Either way, totally radical.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cocaine Bear posted:

So... do they gently caress underwater or was it just a gross deep throat joke. Either way, totally radical.

Donatello's bo joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

they live in a sewer