Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

It's also pretty lovely to customers with data caps, slow internet, or who lack the ability to get their system online for whatever reason.

e: It also seems like it's a good way to get your game some negative rep because the leakers talk about it. I guess you could see it as a long game of making leakers untrustworthy.

This is a complaint against modern games in general, it’s not something specific to this Pokemon game. It’s weird to get mad about it for this one release as opposed to every other game where this same thing happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

This is a complaint against modern games in general, it’s not something specific to this Pokemon game. It’s weird to get mad about it for this one release as opposed to every other game where this same thing happens.

ok

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sudden Javelin posted:

diamond and pearl brought bidoof to the world so from there they can do no wrong

Bidoof so OP it literally got banned from Ubers in competitive Pokemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwTYu46pUaY

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

i hope stux never breaks kayfabe

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sudden Javelin posted:

diamond and pearl brought bidoof to the world so from there they can do no wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiGEo1vpvpM

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

So I've figured out how to tell if a sale on the mainline Nintendo games is coming (the ones usually on the voucher system).

All I need to do is have bought a pair of vouchers, spent them, and then all the games I got at 75NZD will go down to 60NZD!

Awesome!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

I love this woman, I wanna be her when I get older.

Fallom posted:

It was funny seeing piles of Animal Crossing Switches while I was out looking for a white OLED, given how desperate people were to get them

My local Target still has a shitton of the Sanrio Animal Crossing cards, even though (last I checked) they're super hard to find online?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
PSA for those of you who have recently picked up an SN30 Pro 2:

Even if you don't plan on using the remapping feature, it's worth downloading the app and setting a profile that maps P1/P2 to Turbo and Hold, since there's no other way to access those features on the Switch. Assuming you like turbo buttons, but who doesn't?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Revolver Ocelot said turbo was for suckers

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
App's worth it just for remapping L3/R3 to the back paddles instead of the sticks.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Astro7x posted:

Mario Kart Home Circuit has gotten more updates than MK8D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRvRdIuHyvc

Anyways, this game has been a blast at our house. I am tempted to pick up another car with the Black Friday pricing, because my kid will love it and I got adult money to waste on this poo poo. Wonder if they're just trying to clear out inventory and pushed the multiplayer update for suckers like me.

Where's the black friday sale you are talking about for the game? I'd love to pick it up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Well, these collectables in SMT V are well hidden but I have 33 and I'm pretty sure I've only missed a couple."
*buys location of the rest on minimap*
"Does this show ones I already found? Oh. Oh no."

LOTS of nooks and crannies and places you think you looked but didn't.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Looks like that new monkey ball has a 15% discount. How is it? I’ve never played one before but it looks like a fun time.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Super Mario Land is the best Mario :colbert:and I'm sad I cant play it on Switch

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

4 year old daughter asked me about my Mario shirt and half an hour later she's playing with a handful of amiibo. Mario, bear (banjo), growser, and nest (ness) are making a birthday party together.

This is gonna result in an inevitable broken amiibo but holy crap worth it.

In other news I'm in the undersea palace of okami. Maybe this time I'll actually finish the game!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

xedo posted:

4 year old daughter asked me about my Mario shirt and half an hour later she's playing with a handful of amiibo. Mario, bear (banjo), growser, and nest (ness) are making a birthday party together.

This is gonna result in an inevitable broken amiibo but holy crap worth it.

Now I wanna know what the most fragile Amiibo are. I only have a few, but my guess would be King K. Rool? That cape seems like it could snap off kinda easily.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

dr.acula posted:

Super Mario Land is the best Mario :colbert:and I'm sad I cant play it on Switch

A second Mario Game and Watch with SMB3 and Mario Land would be a slam dunk.

Also Metroid 1 and 2.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Pretty sure jivjov has literally every single amiibo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
slay the spire went down to fifteen bucks today so I guess I'm getting that and just ignoring Dicey Dungeons for at least a week. So far its easily the least embarrassing game i've double dipped on between PC and switch.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

I 100% 64 and Sunshine and then got bored halfway (quarter of the way?) through Galaxy because it's way too easy. I went back to it and finished it as Mario and it'll be a long time before I even consider wanting to go through it as Luigi

I also fell off my Galaxy replay early, which was a bummer because I loved that game. It's super pretty and the music is great but there was basically no difficulty friction at all, it got incredibly boring fast.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Most of the Fire Emblem amino are pretty flimsy. The only amiibo I ever had break was my Darunia, but it was broken in the package. Thankfully it was a clean break so you can't even see it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Read After Burning posted:

Now I wanna know what the most fragile Amiibo are. I only have a few, but my guess would be King K. Rool? That cape seems like it could snap off kinda easily.

Probably a sword guy, maybe someone with a spear. My Link with a sword is looking pretty sad.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Where's the black friday sale you are talking about for the game? I'd love to pick it up.

It will be $60 rather than $100 at all retailers I think until 11/27

I picked it up for $75 this summer for my kids birthday and saw that CostCo had it on sale on their website for $50 one day and then never again.

If you have kids and the space to set it up it’s worth it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have the 8-bit link and my kids played with it a ton and it’s literally no worse for the wear. I’m honestly not sure how it’s so tough.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

The material it’s made of must be Nintendo hard

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Of the four I'm letting her play with, Mario's fireball is pretty delicate I think.

I think Rosalina is pretty fragile. The wand and Luma.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Does anyone have experience changing the fan + thermal paste in their Nintendo Switch? I have an original model and it's getting a little loud and grinding and hot for my taste. I'm trying to gauge if it's something I could tackle myself. The closest thing I've done tinkering-wise is build and maintain my own computer.

Any recommendations for a fan upgrade, the quieter the better, and what kind of thermal paste would work best would be very appreciated as well.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

PSA for those of you who have recently picked up an SN30 Pro 2:

Even if you don't plan on using the remapping feature, it's worth downloading the app and setting a profile that maps P1/P2 to Turbo and Hold, since there's no other way to access those features on the Switch. Assuming you like turbo buttons, but who doesn't?

I have screenshot on my Pro+ bound to turbo (same deal need to map it in software, the pro+ does require a computer while the pro 2 uses a phone or computer for the mapping)

I actually really like the phone mapping since I can quickly write a macro if there's a repetitive menu, and with multiple profiles on the controller just leave a mapping with no macros and switch it on the fly.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

lol, I used to do that. My neighbors (mormon) and I managed to turn most n64 games into "house". The giant egg in Yoshi Valley was our son.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

"Well, these collectables in SMT V are well hidden but I have 33 and I'm pretty sure I've only missed a couple."
*buys location of the rest on minimap*
"Does this show ones I already found? Oh. Oh no."

LOTS of nooks and crannies and places you think you looked but didn't.

Yesterday I found three of the little guys and two more treasure crystals just trying to reach a visible one on top of a ruined building

There was a lot stuffed inside that building :v:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Something I've been wondering for a while. Switch cartridges are read only, right? So how do they know when the gold coins have been redeemed on one?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Something I've been wondering for a while. Switch cartridges are read only, right? So how do they know when the gold coins have been redeemed on one?

probably a unique serial number on each cart

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've read claims that the cartridges have some form of digital serial number that serves as a unique identifier for each cartridge. Which makes sense, it's the only way that tracking of gold coin redemption could work.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Plant MONSTER. posted:

lol, I used to do that. My neighbors (mormon) and I managed to turn most n64 games into "house". The giant egg in Yoshi Valley was our son.

Smash is canonically a game where you play with dolls and action figures. Like that’s what Master Hand is. The fighting is just a by product of whatever else you do while playing with your toys. I spent a lot of time in 64 and Melee just doing stuff like this.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

:hmmyes:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What's everyone playing this weekend? I'm going to give dicey dungeons a try.

I've also been playing resident evil revelations 2 solo, probably wrap it up this weekend. Interesting game. It's meant to be played coop, with asymmetrical characters. One is the gun person, the other is the utility person. Without going too deep into it I can see potential for some really fun coop moments. It's working fine for me solo too

Between those two I'm playing through metroid fusion. Rather than poke around and explore, I'm going immediately from objective to objective, hoping for a low time

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress yes

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1461711160588345350?s=20

quote:

The game is a compilation of past titles (14 are included in total), many of which haven't been available for years. You can see it in action in the new trailer above, but here's a complete list of the games included:

PAC-MAN

SUPER PAC-MAN

PAC & PAL

PAC-LAND

PAC-MANIA

PAC-ATTACK

PAC-IN-TIME

PAC-MAN ARRANGEMENT Arcade ver.

PAC-MAN ARRANGEMENT CS ver.

PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION

PAC Motos

PAC’N ROLL REMIX

PAC-MAN BATTLE ROYALE

PAC-MAN 256

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What's everyone playing this weekend? I'm going to give dicey dungeons a try.

I've also been playing resident evil revelations 2 solo, probably wrap it up this weekend. Interesting game. It's meant to be played coop, with asymmetrical characters. One is the gun person, the other is the utility person. Without going too deep into it I can see potential for some really fun coop moments. It's working fine for me solo too

Between those two I'm playing through metroid fusion. Rather than poke around and explore, I'm going immediately from objective to objective, hoping for a low time

Hopefully I can sink some time into FFX.

Otherwise a bit of Tetris and/or Picross S1 before bed. I'm also jumping into Dicey Dungeons here and there. Just finished Thief Ep 4, I think I can probably wrap them up soon. I'd like to finally try out Humankind.
I also may do a bit of LttP, as it is slowly becoming my talking-on-the-phone game.

My brother-in-law who works at the dev gave me a free key, but since I have a Mac I've had to wait. One of the reasons I never picked up Civ 6 for Switch tbh.

Maybe I'll get my partner to do some Stardew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ms. Pac-Manheads BTFO