Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

The Rey Mysterio Career Mode must be bare bones as hell because there's a lot of guys just fired, in AEW, or are Chris Benoit that they possibly cant use. On top of that Rey Mysterio loses a large majority of his famous matches/feuds so get ready to beat up Rey most the time or lose by cutscene constantly.

People Rey has beaten in a big match that are probably off limits: Chavo, Benoit, Matt Hardy, Big Show, Mark Henry, Jericho, CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Andrade, Buddy Murphy.

MAYBE they keep Murphy and maybe Del Rio is in the game, but like its real loving weird since Murphy was fired this year. Also in the trailer was a Nia Jax shirt so either she's still going to be in the game or cut.

Also any tag team stuff with Batista is possibly cut as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Honestly I don't think I would really miss having so many different kinds of grapples. Every character in WWE 2K games has like 900 different move slots you have to fill and most of them you never see because the AI just spams the same dozen attacks over and over and you're never gonna remember the exact inputs for all of those moves anyway.

If it makes character creation take less than 9 hours I'm for it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If the GM mode works on some level, and allows the same sort of leeway with custom shows and CAWs as Universe mode has in previous iterations, it could have legs. But those are big ifs. A lot of people would flock to a less complicated / crunchy TEW

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
There is shaky cam on clips where the UI is static. Gross....

bartok
May 10, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

Also any tag team stuff with Batista is possibly cut as well

Is Batista on the outs with WWE?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

bartok posted:

Is Batista on the outs with WWE?

He's been pretty vocal about how dogshit the creative and backstage are these days, ever since he left the last time

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

"We're making a trailer promoting a trailer for January. Please tell us 8 people you absolutely positively won't fire before January."

lmao

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Update: The Malakai Black edit was stupidly overpowered with the ability to potentially Critical any strike. After two sub-3-minute matches I aborted the tourney, swapped in a copy with that ability taken out, and he still won the whole thing a bit too easily and there are some parts I want to keep tweaking. (One of the custom moves is just the "Sitting Down" taunt but it lasts way longer, and he does that during matches so it's boring as hell.)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Maxwell Lord posted:

Update: The Malakai Black edit was stupidly overpowered with the ability to potentially Critical any strike. After two sub-3-minute matches I aborted the tourney, swapped in a copy with that ability taken out, and he still won the whole thing a bit too easily and there are some parts I want to keep tweaking. (One of the custom moves is just the "Sitting Down" taunt but it lasts way longer, and he does that during matches so it's boring as hell.)

Yeah, balance can vary wildly between creators or even their creations if they don't really pay much mind to it. A lot of people seem to think the points total is the most important factor when it's really not. I can't blame people for not understanding the inner worksings of Fire Pro, it took me a good while to get a grasp on it.

These wild differences in balance are why I, a turbonerd, rebalance every character I get by having them face ten benchmark opponents and record the results and tweaking them until they are where I think they'll fit.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Points-wise he's not too bad without the criticals, I'm kinda suspicious of a lot of the custom moves though.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

Points-wise he's not too bad without the criticals, I'm kinda suspicious of a lot of the custom moves though.

Yeah, that might also be it. Especially if there's moves that include a pin. Of course, a move may also simply have too high damage values or other problems but moves that pin are probably the worst due to a pretty common mistake.

A bit of technical talk here, but the way the pin works in-game is that the "form" (this is in-game terminology I'm using in lieu of animation frame here to avoid confusion with display frames) during which the pin is held gets looped until the pin is broken up or kicked out of. The game has a down-counter that continually runs down (you can see this on PC with the modpack and health bars enabled.) When that counter reaches 0 the game decides it's time to kick out. That form that is looped for most base game pins lasts one frame. Which in fire pro means 1/60 of a second since it runs at 60fps. This means if the game determines that a kick-out should happen it can happen every frame.

The thing is nowhere in move craft is there a restriction that makes it so the pinning loop only lasts a single frame. So if a creator sets the frame delay for the loop higher you get moves that can't be kicked out of every single frame. The max you can set it to is 99. That means if the game says a kickout is supposed to happen it'll only occur AFTER that delay. In this extreme example it's over 1.5 seconds and that can make a huge difference. What should be a 2-count basically turns into a guaranteed 3-count.

I've encountered several moves that had a delay higher than 1 either out of ignorance or deliberately (and they labeled their moves as such, can be helpful to make death moves actually mean death even without the use of mods.) So I'm pretty wary of moves that are pins or transition into pins as part of the animation. I'm not TOO worried about moves having too high damage values myself, most people seem to be able to keep it in their pants.

The thing is even some base game moves are like that. The Barmian Stamp has the loop last for 8 frames and that already makes it pin successfully considerably more often than other moves. Which is why I made myself a version that remedies this.

Anyway. That's just the ramblings of a guy who spends way too much time balancing his roster and considers all kinds of factors that go into it. And it's still nowhere near where I'd want it to be.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

My Fire Pro CAW strategy, for PC at least, is just to go download all the Avenger3 collections in the steam workshop cause that person's caws are all decently good and covers pretty much the whole roster of every notable promotion you might want.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay the women's tournament went much better- I think all the edits there basically felt like the women, and there were some matches I'd like to see if they haven't happened already (Statlander vs. Jamie Hayter was every bit the hoss-off you want it to be.) The Bunny won the whole thing and it actually worked!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

decided to give booking mode a shot and my referee died immediately

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

Looks like a typical independent wrestling show from 2002

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Burning pile of garbage reminds me of WWE in 2021.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

SummerSlam 2022 looking "good"

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I've got vanilla PC Fire Pro with workshop stuff, is it difficult to get into modding? The main thing I'm looking for is if there's an auto-downloader for characters that need custom parts. Like let's say I download The Rock but it uses some special People's Elbow and Rock Bottom animation, and I can just hit a button and download everything needed one shot.

Never modded before so I'm not sure where to look for this kind of resource, if there is a place

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Artelier posted:

I've got vanilla PC Fire Pro with workshop stuff, is it difficult to get into modding? The main thing I'm looking for is if there's an auto-downloader for characters that need custom parts. Like let's say I download The Rock but it uses some special People's Elbow and Rock Bottom animation, and I can just hit a button and download everything needed one shot.

Never modded before so I'm not sure where to look for this kind of resource, if there is a place

It's not too hard, you'll need the patcher and the mod and then you use the patcher to mod in the files you want.

In Fire Pro there's basically one big modder, Carlzilla. Other people make mods too. But they all post their stuff in Carlzilla's Discord, which is the only place where you can get up to date mods, the patcher and so on. Carl is very particular about this and sharing mods outside of the discord is verboten.

If all you need is an autodownloader then you simply have to install Carlzilla's Mod Pack (instructions for it are in a video that can also be found in the discord, though, I'm not sure that feature is in the release version yet, it's fairly recent.). You don't have to patch in any additional components or anything. It'll just check when you start the game, download stuff and ask you if you want to restart now or later. The current link to the modpack discord can be found on top of the Fire Pro reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/firepro/

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 24, 2021

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

NJPW put out an incredibly bizarre promo video for their upcoming gacha game that consists of Taichi calling it dogshit for 7 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGwAkESXkqk

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Taichi also called Fire Pro dogshit when he was supposed to promote it.
He's the best.

E: with this one it seems more intended, with Fire Pro it was not.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 24, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tonfa posted:

NJPW put out an incredibly bizarre promo video for their upcoming gacha game that consists of Taichi calling it dogshit for 7 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGwAkESXkqk

it kinda looks like crap? Its just njpwworld footage with digital overlays. And I guess I get to collect 20x N Okadas or whatever.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

nL's influence on the world continues

https://twitter.com/TheBesteban/status/1469363119944355846

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It's glorious.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
They really took away the last good wrestling game, 2k16. Brutal.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
hey awhile ago i promoted a sign up for a fire pro tournament and the people behind it finally got it all together and are streaming it
https://twitch.tv/datedotzone

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Going live right now with a Tournament featuring the wrestler Sting. We still got 30 minutes until the actual show starts. Until then listen to some Yakuza music.

https://twitch.tv/iggy_igsen

Eight of your favorite Stings meet in a tournament to determine who's the best Sting. The Stings included in this tournament are:

Crow
Old
Joker
Surfer
Blade Runner
Fake
Punished "Venom"
musician

Also in action:
Toru Yano
Michelle Rocksmith
Suplex Goddess of Destruction, Motherfuckers
Ric Flair

This was originally aired in April. This is the Director's Cut that is funnily shorter than the original cut.
I can tell you it's a shitpost and you'll be like "Of course, what else is new?" but it's probably still not what you expect.
There will not be a VOD because it would be available in 0 countries and the Twitch recording would have half the audio muted so you gotta either watch it or not. This is like this really elusive show you can't find tapes for.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Lmao sting of the sting rules.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I'm sorry, all the Stings are dead.
Except Old Sting, somehow, he lives. No sold being shot at with a gun by Toru Yano.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIWJnZTf-Yk

Match 1 of the Rumblethon, Day of Reckoning.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

30 days, 30 rumbles, culminating on January 31st live.

Let's loving go baby

e: ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Testekill posted:

Match 1 of the Rumblethon, Day of Reckoning.

:lol:
https://i.imgur.com/qBWmQmD.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/LZcVia8.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/8uvf7RC.mp4

Kennel fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 2, 2022

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

neoaxd posted:

30 days, 30 rumbles, culminating on January 31st live.

Let's loving go baby

e: ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Well as Mr. Sonic the Hedgehog famously says "hurry the gently caress up buddy"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Undertaker is the new Gail Kim.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdJPoGbC0HQ

Match 2 is sadly a 2K18 rumble so nowhere near as fun.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This was the most I've ever enjoyed The Undertaker since I was a small child who didn't know Paul Bearer was a clever name.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The Royalest Rumble has a fantastic line-up so far after eight days.

Eddie Guerrero
The Brian Kendrick
Spike Dudley
Kamala
Viscera
Edge
Shawn Stasiak
Shawn Michaels

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gavok posted:

The Royalest Rumble has a fantastic line-up so far after eight days.

The latest one was so hard to sit through. God that game is long-winded and poo poo.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It would be fine if the time between the entrances didn't take so long. It's a shame because despite all the problems in that game, I like how many elimination options there are in the Rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

kenny omega it is now 2022 where is my goddamn AEW game!