Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

shelley posted:

I think I’ve found these posts in the old griefing thread, are these what you’re thinking of?

I must just be pants on head stupid for not being able to use forums search properly. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

Darkfall? It was suppose to be a fully open PVP and everything player created similar to EVE. It finally stumbled out the door around 2009 and shuttered a short 3 years later

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkfall

This has gotta be it

This is the one, thanks!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

HolHorsejob posted:

ok but seriously, I watched a trailer on steam for this one game that I think was vaguely tower-defense kinda thing? You are a horrific no-mouth-must-scream type AI machine monstrosity bent on enslaving and destroying humanity, and you kidnap people to run your machinery. Aliens try to steal humans from you, and you somehow try to prevent this? It's a really grim game. Anyone know what it's called?

Human Resources maybe? The trailer looked dope as gently caress. Then it got cancelled, or its kickstarter failed, or something.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Batterypowered7 posted:

Were the posts in the "I Killed British - The Griefing Discussion Thread" or in their own Wushu-related thread?

I'm pretty sure the griefing thread. That was grieved to death lol

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm pretty sure the griefing thread. That was grieved to death lol

I remember the British thread. Watching it die due to basically the same reason the last (funny, run every year but always fun and not serious) Mt Everest thread to fake-concern trolling was like the opposite of fun and interesting posting.

Yesterdays Latte
Nov 14, 2021
Way back in the late 90s-early 00s, preteen me and my also-preteen brothers were looking around unattended at a Meijer in southern IN and came across a clearance rack with this plastic sculpture of an angry troll, designed to be mounted to a car dashboard. On the front of its base was a little button that, when pressed, would play a number of insulting phrases, such as "IDIOT DRIVER ALERT!!!", "JERK!", "SCHMUCK!", and our favorite, "BLOW IT OUT YOUR EAR!". As small children with no parental supervision, this was the funniest poo poo imaginable, and we mashed that button for a solid 15 minutes laughing at every single new phrase that would come out of the thing. Our mother sadly was not as enamored with it as we were, and put it back on the shelf despite our pleading to take it home with us.

Since then, I've never seen another one. One of these days, if I can find one, I'll get it as a Christmas gift for one of my sibs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Variations of that could be found at Stuckeys and dollar stores across the nation

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I still think about the pocket-sized device that claimed to let you make GROSS SENTENCES! and it was like push three different rows of buttons and each row gave you a beginning, middle, and end of a sentence

The way the guy said some of the lines was so funny that I found myself mashing the beginning and ending segments over and over to delight in my new creation: "I'M GONNA MAKE... PUKE!"

I wish I had been like 11 when this happened, but I was absolutely at least 14.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Dr. Quarex posted:

I still think about the pocket-sized device that claimed to let you make GROSS SENTENCES! and it was like push three different rows of buttons and each row gave you a beginning, middle, and end of a sentence

The way the guy said some of the lines was so funny that I found myself mashing the beginning and ending segments over and over to delight in my new creation: "I'M GONNA MAKE... PUKE!"

I wish I had been like 11 when this happened, but I was absolutely at least 14.

If you’re a dude age doesn’t really matter. Ever seen a 90+ gentleman laughing because someone farted?

You never grow out of that.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sigher posted:

So this just popped into my head, but my ex from 3~ years ago used to listen to a singer who has this really baby soft voice and sings over these really ambient lo-fi EDM tunes that I think are written for her. I remember looking her up way back when and I think she's from Russian, or has Russian parents and is around 20 or something. I can't for the live of me think of her name and nothing I search brings up anything. Bits and pieces of her music are stuck in my head waiting to come out but I can't remember enough to actually piece together a melody or lyrics to help in my search.

So I had a strange epiphany where some of the lyrics just popped into my head for some reason and I searched them and sure enough, I found out the name of the singer: Alina Baraz, I'm sure no one else gives a poo poo but just thought if anyone wanted to look up her smooth as music they could. I'm laughing that I remembered her biography more than her drat name.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Biplane posted:

Human Resources maybe? The trailer looked dope as gently caress. Then it got cancelled, or its kickstarter failed, or something.
No I know the one they're thinking of, it was little pixilated humans and they ran on treadmills to generate power and there was a pheromone chamber you'd drop them in to get more humans. Absolutely no idea of the name though.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I realise this is a super long shot but several years ago I posted in this thread (or possibly one of it's predeccessors) about a piece of music in the background of a youtube video.

I finally managed to find identify it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks1-7ioBHoQ

However, I still have never been able to pinpoint where I knew it from previously.

I know it was from a TV advert but I would really like to know what advert it was for no reason other than it has been bugging me for years.

It was an ad run on British TV, my guess would have been around 2010 but could have been a few years either side of that. I feel like it could have been a Christmas advert but that might just be the twinkly music telling me that. Something in my mind says it was for a fabric softener but that could be way off.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Tea Bone posted:

I realise this is a super long shot but several years ago I posted in this thread (or possibly one of it's predeccessors) about a piece of music in the background of a youtube video.

I finally managed to find identify it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks1-7ioBHoQ

However, I still have never been able to pinpoint where I knew it from previously.

I know it was from a TV advert but I would really like to know what advert it was for no reason other than it has been bugging me for years.

It was an ad run on British TV, my guess would have been around 2010 but could have been a few years either side of that. I feel like it could have been a Christmas advert but that might just be the twinkly music telling me that. Something in my mind says it was for a fabric softener but that could be way off.

One of the comments in the video: Great british ghost tv programme brought me here plays this music as intro

Another one: Anyone else recognise this from Mysteries at the Museum?

That it?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tea Bone posted:

From the comments:

quote:

Great british ghost tv programme brought me here plays this music as intro

quote:

Anyone else recognise this from Mysteries at the Museum?

Are you sure it wasn't either of those? The Ghosts show debuted in 2011

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

CaptainBeefart posted:

One of the comments in the video: Great british ghost tv programme brought me here plays this music as intro

Another one: Anyone else recognise this from Mysteries at the Museum?

That it?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

From the comments:

Are you sure it wasn't either of those? The Ghosts show debuted in 2011

Yeah I'm sure it wasn't either of those. I'm certain it was an advert, I can just about hear the voice over in my head.

Something tells me it might have been for a fabric softener but I'm not sure if that's just my brain filling in blanks.

There's an advert I marginally remember from around the right time period that had (bizarrely creepy looking) shadow puppets in a snowy forest. This music would certainly match that motif but damned if I can find that advert (or remember what it was for) either.

Edit - I can say witha. degree of certainty it would have been an advert for some kind of product, or brand rather than a trailer/advert for a TV series.

Tea Bone fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 16, 2021

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Is it definitely that music? This schnapps ad from 2000ish has some haunting music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-VUlXl0wUQ

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Batterypowered7 posted:

I must just be pants on head stupid for not being able to use forums search properly. Thank you!

You’re welcome! Honestly I just remembered reading them in the griefing thread, then did a Google search based on that :)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Tea Bone posted:

I checked on tunefind which lists every time a song is used in a movie or tv show but unfortunately they don't do commercials. :(

Not really an answer to your question but back in the late 90s there was this Liberty Travel commercial that played a few seconds of a song that I thought sounded amazing. No lyrics, so I had nothing to go on. I literally sat around and recorded TV all day long to try and catch the commercial and eventually I did. I had an ATI All In Wonder video card and I hooked up the vcr to my computer so I would have the recording forever in case it would somehow help me to be able to find it one day.

I loved the song so much that I actually went out and bought an outfit from Abercrombie and Fitch that "matched" with the vibe of the song (lmfao don't ask, my brain was hosed as a teenager).

After a few years I got to the point where I just assumed the song was made for the commercial, and I'd never find anything out about it.

About 20 years later my wife is watching the movie My Father the Hero and the loving song comes on! I wait for the end credits and....it's a loving Baha Men song! Yes that's correct, the dudes who did "Who Let the Dogs Out". In my defense, the song is from 1993 and Who Let the Dogs Out came out in like 1999 or something, so I'm not even sure the band members were even the same.

But yeah that's a huge embarrassment of mine even though I never shared it with anyone. My 20 year white whale was a loving Baha Men song.

I'm sure zero people will click on it but in case anyone is curious what the song was, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2-p2MAq5k

In my defense even after finally hearing it with lyrics I still think it's a great song. I still have no clue why I was so obsessed with the 30 second instrumental.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
That story is so magnificent I have decided it somehow inspired this Tim & Eric sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIeHb8_-GPg&t=42s

I really want to see the outfit you put together. Especially if it has shell bracelets

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Quarex posted:

That story is so magnificent I have decided it somehow inspired this Tim & Eric sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIeHb8_-GPg&t=42s

I really want to see the outfit you put together. Especially if it has shell bracelets

I only remember the shorts, which I'm still mad at myself for returning ($60 was a lot of money for a 14 year old). They were these slate blue shorts with flower prints on them and these thick white lines going down the sides of the legs. I remember looking for them on ebay as long ago as 2001 and never being able to find them again. I guess that's another white whale! Lol

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Is it definitely that music? This schnapps ad from 2000ish has some haunting music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-VUlXl0wUQ

Huh weird. Yeah it was 100% that music, but funnily enough this is the shadow puppet advert I mentioned above and couldn't find. So thanks for solving that one.

Edit - I also assumed you got the year wrong on that because no is that ad 20 years old... But no I did some googling and it did indeed run in 2000, so my estimation of 2010ish for the actual ad I'm looking for could be way off.

Tea Bone fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Nov 17, 2021

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Timestamp the 30s you were obsessed with.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Scarodactyl posted:

Timestamp the 30s you were obsessed with.

2:24 to 2:40

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Wow I actually found the commercial, from 1998, uploaded only a few months ago with a grand total of 63 views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpP4iBY-kjA

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The song is very well matched to the commercial.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Trying to remember the name of this ghoulishly awful Christian/Afghanistan War propaganda movie. There was a scene where people were in an auditorium watching a playback of a solider overseas wishing them a Merry Christmas or something and then he just gets blown the gently caress up mid-sentence. It's escaping me and those descriptors aren't turning anything up when searching for it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

Trying to remember the name of this ghoulishly awful Christian/Afghanistan War propaganda movie. There was a scene where people were in an auditorium watching a playback of a solider overseas wishing them a Merry Christmas or something and then he just gets blown the gently caress up mid-sentence. It's escaping me and those descriptors aren't turning anything up when searching for it.

That would be the climax to the christsploitation film Last Ounce of Courage

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

Have you checked Kirk Cameron's IMDB page? Which I just did because I thought he was in a bunch of Christian movies, but nope. His career as an actor has been pretty much dead for 20 years.

Is it Indivisible?

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

DoombatINC posted:

That would be the climax to the christsploitation film Last Ounce of Courage

LMFAO yes this is it, thank you.

https://twitter.com/jackdwagner/status/1208174810066350080

Just absolutely batshit unreal.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

There’s huge media infrastructure churning this poo poo out, and it’s totally hidden unless you’re fundamentalist and subscribe to PureFlix or whatever.

But holy hell that’s wild. The bad boy reading scripture, the injured soldier standing up and saluting at the end and the flag taking Baby Jesus’ place. Christploitation indeed.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There's no freedom here in Afghanistan. They can't even celebrate Christmas or they'll be killed.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

There's no freedom here in Afghanistan. They can't even celebrate Christmas or they'll be killed.

right, not like christ isn't already a holy figure in islam himself or anything

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Arivia posted:

right, not like christ isn't already a holy figure in islam himself or anything

The problem is their refusal to recognize Bibleman's essential role in the sanctity of the holiday.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

ThePopeOfFun posted:

There’s huge media infrastructure churning this poo poo out, and it’s totally hidden unless you’re fundamentalist and subscribe to PureFlix or whatever.

But holy hell that’s wild. The bad boy reading scripture, the injured soldier standing up and saluting at the end and the flag taking Baby Jesus’ place. Christploitation indeed.

There's a fair bit of overlap between the machine the makes these and the machine the makes Lifetime movies, so you end up with a bunch of Sears catalog models whose imdb pages alternate between titles like "A Very Jesus Kinda Christmas" and "I Killed my Boss with Sex: The Chrissy Sawdust Story"

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

DoombatINC posted:

There's a fair bit of overlap between the machine the makes these and the machine the makes Lifetime movies, so you end up with a bunch of Sears catalog models whose imdb pages alternate between titles like "A Very Jesus Kinda Christmas" and "I Killed my Boss with Sex: The Chrissy Sawdust Story"

There was a Sears Catalog model as a Bond girl in one of the Tim Dalton movies. She was European, blond, and played a cello player. I can’t remember her name, but I really didn’t need her name at the time…:grin::heysexy::newfap:

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

I can't decide if working as Lifetime actor would be hell or somehow rule.

Also I'm still not over Christploitation. That loving rules. What a name.

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012
This is a super long shot, but I'm looking for an old, obscure (and now apparently removed) youtube video titled "The Saddest King of Nothing" or maybe "Saddest King of Nothing". It was just a bunch of stills and clips from the documentary "The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters" set to what could charitably be called 'music'. The description of the video was "I enjoy hating this guy and you will too". The dialogue "he sells his hot sauce, he sells himself" was repeated throughout the video. It was online from at least 2011-2014. It was not a particularly good or well made video, but it has some nostalgia value for my husband and I, and it would be awesome if some goon just happened to have it downloaded on an old hard drive or something.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Tea Bone posted:

You were pretty close with fabric softener, it was an Ambi Pur advert from 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRSoWr_xLEw

edit - Higher quality version here.

(Also, the voice-over is non other than Helena Bonham-Carter!)

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Nov 19, 2021

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gonna give this another shot, cause I'm not sure if it got drowned out by the discussion at the time or if it just really is hard to find (although it genuinely is):

Artwork of what I remember as a girl in a car, possibly cadillac convertible. She's not sexy and it's not an erotic artwork in the standard sense; not slim, not fat, actually quite unattractive, but very happy and chill. The contrast seemed to be the point. Probably red hair or blonde, possibly freckles. The style is neither very cartoony nor lifelike, but realistic, in a very European comics sort of way. Competently drawn and colorized, too. I seem to recall the artist has a Spanish or Portuguese name and had made a few artworks with this character, who he also named.

And I don't think it was explicitly a fetish thing but this is probably how I find out it was, or so the deviantart searches that I'm doing for due diligence and that are working out in every way exactly like I expected would suggest

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?

DerekSmartymans posted:

There was a Sears Catalog model as a Bond girl in one of the Tim Dalton movies. She was European, blond, and played a cello player. I can’t remember her name, but I really didn’t need her name at the time…:grin::heysexy::newfap:

Maryam d'Abo (The Living Daylights), also a cousin of and bearing a strong resemblance to Olivia d'Abo (the older sister in The Wonder Years)? Easy enough, but is "Sears catalog model" some kind of code for fap material?

quote:

for my husband and I
It's a different kind of white whale, but as a grammatical goof this is at the top of my list. It may be compound, but it's still an object, so it's "for my husband and me".

Also, by the way:

quote:

pixilated
is actually a word, but it means eccentric, whimsical, prankish, mentally unstable, drunk. It's related to the word pixie. Pixelated, derived from pixel, the graphical element, is what most people mean. I just want to be of service.