Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

The only thing that can stop a Republican with anime is a Democrat with anime. :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

i read a story going around that the director of the live action One Piece met Oda and was like, "One Piece is about how even if bad things have happened to you or if you've done bad things, as long as you find people who believe in you and you believe in them, you'll be able to achieve your dreams" and Oda was like "yes that is correct"

Oda should quiz any director by asking them how they would feel if the One Piece turned out to be friendship and anyone who doesn't threaten him on the spot is immediately fired.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Congress taking time out of it's busy schedule to determine if that Attack on Titan chud congressman's video sound be condemned or not. Good stuff

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
congress getting debriefed marleyan conspiracy and helos myth

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The one piece is family and the treasure is Luffy's birth cirtificate and you're all idiots for thinking otherwise.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Oda has explicitly said the One Piece isn't some friendship bullshit and I trust him.

It's going to a snowglobe with smaller version of the One Piece world inside of it.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
"Look, I promise the Eldians aren't supposed to be Jews, you see they come from these 12 tribes and thousands of years ago they ate a bunch of people so they had to put them in ghettos and make them wear armbands with stars on them wait where are you going I haven't even told you about how they secretly control the government."

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Reik posted:

"Look, I promise the Eldians aren't supposed to be Jews, you see they come from these 12 tribes and thousands of years ago they ate a bunch of people so they had to put them in ghettos and make them wear armbands with stars on them wait where are you going I haven't even told you about how they secretly control the government."

Who are you quoting?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

genericnick posted:

Who are you quoting?

Nobody.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

anime is about to be made illegal and that’s all you have to say???

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Reik posted:

Everybody interprets this as secretly fascist while discounting that the Japanese thought all the antisemitic conspiracy theories made Jews sound cool. Yes, the Eldians are Jews, and they rule. Problem? :smug:

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Everybody interprets this as secretly fascist while discounting that the Japanese thought all the antisemitic conspiracy theories made Jews sound cool. Yes, the Eldians are Jews, and they rule. Problem? :smug:

glenn the japanese are right

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i agree that the US House of Representatives needs to authorize immediate and decisive action against Attack on Titan

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Folks, these Eldians? They're not sending us their best. They're sending us their child soldiers, their special forces, real bad hombres I'm tellin ya.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Say what you will about the political themes of Attack on Titan, nothing will ever beat that moment when Reiner just casually admits to being the Armored Titan in a background conversation

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

* reading the protocols * these gaijin are sugoi!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Say what you will about the political themes of Attack on Titan, nothing will ever beat that moment when Reiner just casually admits to being the Armored Titan in a background conversation

it's such an incredible scene

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Srice posted:

it's such an incredible scene

It was so out of nowhere that in the manga until I got to the next page I had thought the translator just changed the speech bubble as a joke.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I didnt really like the first season of aot, but man, s2 to now is just amazing stuff. so good. I pretty much hate everything thats coming up in the new season though, but yeah, that moment, or the basement reveal, was so loving cool.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Attack on Titan is good. :colbert:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

reading rhe manga i totally didnt realise the wounded veteran was erin so when he reveals that then eats the prime minister or whoever i thought that was cool

the art improves massively as it goes on, but whenever you see a whole page of text you know the story is about to get stupider or worse somehow

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

that's okay pener we all make mistakes

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

thank you for becoming a mass murderer

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hmm...no.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Reiner and his friends' arc is cool, as are falco and gabi

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwCJvSKzQkc

Communist Thoughts posted:

the art improves massively as it goes on, but whenever you see a whole page of text you know the story is about to get stupider or worse somehow

This is true though. The armored Titan scene was one of the best uses of the medium I can think of and a billion words would have ruined it. Pity he does the squid move of fleeing in a cloud of ink so often.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

AOT has good bits but overall I think its dogshit.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yeah it was pretty confused, I think I may have finished reading it before the very last issue so I didn't see them thanking eren for being Hitler. Mikasa cutting his head off then kissing it was an OK ending.
I did like the villains flashback where its shown that instead of being cunning masterminds they basically failed their mission in the first 10 minutes and were flying by the seat of their pants and having a terrible time.
I like that kind of thing.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

"Is Attack on Titan Fash" - the greatest debate in the history of congress, censured by the Speaker of the House after 12,239 minutes of heated debate,

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I can forgive Attack on Titan for its stupid elements because as a historical meta-commentary, history is full of stupid poo poo.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/KaelanRamos/status/1461429533270327298

It's even worse than I could've imagined.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 03:08 on Nov 19, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Nutbags

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Communist Thoughts posted:

Yeah it was pretty confused, I think I may have finished reading it before the very last issue so I didn't see them thanking eren for being Hitler. Mikasa cutting his head off then kissing it was an OK ending.
I did like the villains flashback where its shown that instead of being cunning masterminds they basically failed their mission in the first 10 minutes and were flying by the seat of their pants and having a terrible time.
I like that kind of thing.

IIRC the final chapter was also missing several pages when it first leaked so you got the pages where they thank him for being Hitler but miss all the ones where he throws a tantrum about dying a virgin*.

*to be fair he knows he’s throwing a tantrum and he’s just venting before he dies

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Wait that's how it ended, I thought it just stopped updating so the author could do the anime or the prequel because there's a whole lot of unresolved poo poo there.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

it's like they cast Hillary Clinton in every role

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno, I think its pretty common for anime/manga to have a poo poo ending, so as long as the journey was good I don't really begrudge it. It's easy for me to just remember the good parts. this upcoming season will be hilarious, just watching anime onlys watch this poo poo.

as a jew (rofl) I think the whole jewish thing in attack on titan is really cool. I dont think its nazi at all. the good guys are jews, the bad guys are jews. everyones a jew. that's what I like to see. pretty much every non jew is a villain as well (true to life)

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

oh noooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I know people on the internet will jump to making GBS threads on everything the first chance they get but, good god, that is legitimately bad and they've completely missed the characterizations from the series

Not even worth a watch out of curiosity, that's just sad