Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

RestingB1tchFace posted:

you could make the same argument for Nebraska.

Fun fact:

Penn State has played 1352 games and is 908-402-42.
Nebraska has played 1355 games and is 908-407-40.

Nebraska has played 3 more bowl games than Penn State, which coincidentally can account for the 3 more total games, despite different total number of seasons, conference championship games, etc.

They've been trading the #7 and #8 spot on the all time win list for at least two years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It was tied for fifteenth biggest ever and is the biggest between two big 12 teams yeah. The biggest one involving two power conference teams was Stanford over USC as 38.5 point dogs in, of course, 2007.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

TipTow posted:

I'm going to Vegas tomorrow and this is a game I have my eye on. Line opened at TCU -20.5, it's up to -21; TCU had the "win one for the Gipper" game against Baylor, but KU is coming off the win in Austin high. I was thinking about taking KU plus the points. I dunno about winning outright--though maybe $20 on the money line might not be a bad investment.

I would never bet against Kansas getting blown out by anyone

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
https://247sports.com/college/miami...renk-175617928/

quote:

According to Miami Hurricanes insider Mike Ryan Ruiz of the Dan Le Batard Show, the UM administration is willing to commit $20-30M more to Miami’s annual football budget.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

General Dog posted:

I mean for sure. KU has one player who isn't a 3* or lower. Consistency won't happen for years. I won't be surprised in the least if they get totally blown out Saturday

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

This makes me wonder which NCAA team does the least with the most resources?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Has to be USC or Texas.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Jose Valasquez posted:

Texas and A&M are basically having a showdown on this category right now

Tennessee and Florida State probably deserve a mention, though

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I would not take the Extremely Miami Guy trying to manifest a Miami that is relevant in the ACC as fact

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

General Dog posted:

kiimo posted:

I mean for sure. KU has one player who isn't a 3* or lower. Consistency won't happen for years. I won't be surprised in the least if they get totally blown out Saturday

Both valid points, but someone got rich off Kansas last Saturday. Maybe the next person will be TFF lurker/occasional poster TipTow!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

fast cars loose anus posted:

It was tied for fifteenth biggest ever and is the biggest between two big 12 teams yeah. The biggest one involving two power conference teams was Stanford over USC as 38.5 point dogs in, of course, 2007.

UGA drat near lost as a 49.5-point favorite to Nicholls State in 2016. "drat near" meaning "required Greyson Lambert to thread the needle on a third down"

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

D.N. Nation posted:

UGA drat near lost as a 49.5-point favorite to Nicholls State in 2016. "drat near" meaning "required Greyson Lambert to thread the needle on a third down"

As a UVA fan, I will never understand how became y’all’s QB

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

tall, white; Brice Ramsey was a bust

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

fast cars loose anus posted:

Texas and A&M are basically having a showdown on this category right now

Tennessee and Florida State probably deserve a mention, though

Hey! We currently aren’t paying anyone’s buyout anymore thank you very much

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/1461476187188957186

this unironically owns

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

dabo is so mad

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Nick Saban angry at Alabama practice." Least useful news notification I have ever received.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Yeah, but like more than usual. What is with the team this year? They just don’t seem to be bought in.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

"Nick Saban angry at Alabama practice." Least useful news notification I have ever received.

That's like a Mad Men episode description

DON FACES A PROBLEM

no poo poo that's the point of the show

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alabama, what a trash fire am I right? Complete embarrassment with their one loss. I can't believe they'd show their faces

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

PostNouveau posted:

Alabama, what a trash fire am I right? Complete embarrassment with their one loss. I can't believe they'd show their faces

But their hearts aren’t in it!!!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

SOURCES reporting Saban interested in LSU job. Again.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Warbird posted:

Yeah, but like more than usual. What is with the team this year? They just don’t seem to be bought in.

Even Bama needs a rebuilding year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: wrong thread.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Hook em

https://twitter.com/carebearkieran/status/1461486930055495687?s=21

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

TipTow posted:

SOURCES reporting Saban interested in LSU job. Again.

Franklin to Alabama

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This is a thing of pure beauty

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

I just remembered that Texas lost at home to Kansas

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

This is a thing of pure beauty

I enjoyed it immensely but mostly because my program is on fire also.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Feel like Duke needs to figure out how to make Cutliffe retire. They can’t fire him for all he’s done, but their cooked as long as he remains.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Zoran posted:

I just remembered that Texas lost at home to Kansas

For the first time in the history of the program.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

ESPN (I think) had a great thing earlier tonight where the banner at the bottom said “CAN BAMA MAKE THE PLAYOFFS??” But I couldn’t hear what they were saying but I’m going to assume the conversation was mostly “yes you idiots have you been paying attention the last 10 years?”

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ungratek posted:

Feel like Duke needs to figure out how to make Cutliffe retire. They can’t fire him for all he’s done, but their cooked as long as he remains.

Duke doesn’t give a poo poo and knows this is their ceiling

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Duke doesn’t give a poo poo and knows this is their ceiling

Losing every game by 40 is not their ceiling; see most of their tenure under Cutcliffe. Whatever was working before is not anymore.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ungratek posted:

Losing every game by 40 is not their ceiling; see most of their tenure under Cutcliffe. Whatever was working before is not anymore.

It’s not basketball I can guarantee Duke doesn’t give a poo poo

The majority of Duke fans/alum aren’t even aware they have a football team and the ones that are don’t care

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ungratek posted:

If TCU can pull the plug on Patterson, Duke can do the same to Cutcliffe

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Warbird posted:

NIL has obviously ruined football, Dabo was right

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If TCU can pull the plug on Patterson, Duke can do the same to Cutcliffe

Penn State never pulled the plug on Paterno, for on field football performance

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Komet posted:

no reason to i don’t think, he was beloved and still churning out 9 and 10 win seasons like clockwork and was 8-1 when they fired him

if he was treading water between 4 and 8 wins every year he might’ve been gently kicked upstairs to a ceremonial role, but the big difference between patterson and joepa (well, ONE big difference) is that patterson went kicking and screaming into the night and i doubt paterno would ever have made a stink like that (at least, not in a way that would leak out to the public. as we all know joe paterno could keep his mouth shut when he thought the situation called for it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Komet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qA-WjRPUvY