Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Why the gently caress would they hire racist sexpat Laowhy86 when he's on the run from the Chinese authorities

(but was still able to sneak back to sell his house)

https://twitter.com/DanielDumbrill/status/1435974841060839427?t=yWv4Oz5x0Z3Q4AmfdWF4ug&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Some Guy TT posted:

oh yeah then how did they get laid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT9_y7slNgU

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

BBC once again breaking a story about repression and discrimination in China

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-59331975

"A Chinese food live-streamer says he has been blacklisted from a grill buffet restaurant for eating too much.

The man, known only as Mr Kang, told Hunan TV that he was banned from the Handadi Seafood BBQ Buffet in Changsha city after a series of binges.

He ate 1.5kg of pork trotters during his first visit and 3.5kg to 4kg of prawns on another visit, he said.

Mr Kang said the restaurant is "discriminatory" against people who can eat a lot."

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
'tis no man. 'tis a remorseless eating machine. arrr!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Antonymous posted:

I got a gay friend in west hollywood and he also has sex all the time. But he's a foreigner in the USA. is he a bad person

I'm howling here

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

I wish China didn't swat down the gay marriage amendment

source, please?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

DiscountDildos posted:

BBC once again breaking a story about repression and discrimination in China

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-59331975

"A Chinese food live-streamer says he has been blacklisted from a grill buffet restaurant for eating too much.

The man, known only as Mr Kang, told Hunan TV that he was banned from the Handadi Seafood BBQ Buffet in Changsha city after a series of binges.

He ate 1.5kg of pork trotters during his first visit and 3.5kg to 4kg of prawns on another visit, he said.

Mr Kang said the restaurant is "discriminatory" against people who can eat a lot."

I support Mr Kang's fatwa against this restaurant.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

this is why I preferred chuanchuan places, count the sticks bithc I ain't leaving until all the shrimp in the fridge is gone

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

CaptainACAB posted:

The guys they've already been arming and supporting for 50 years?

The KMT is pro-reunification. White Wolf, the head of the largest triad, the Bamboo Union, was an extrajudicial executioner for the KMT regime

https://newbloommag.net/2017/09/22/the-diplomat-white-wolf/

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3094520/why-struggle-same-sex-marriage-china-will-continue-despite-civil

I talked about this a lot when it was happening but they managed to get the proposal up for the 2020 congress but it was denied by the committee chair. It's especially unfortunate when Japan and Taiwan both managed to have massive wins w/r/t LGBT recognition in the last few years, with Taiwan legalizing same sex marriage and Japan having the Sapporo ruling followed by the high court ruling affirming that same sex cohabiting couples were to be treated equally as opposite sex cohabiting couples. It's probably gonna come up again in 2023 when the NPC meets next

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me
wish i knew what the holdup was. i can only assume it is because of the chinese equivalent of boomers but there's gotta be spicier details than that.

sucks but still better than pissing in my mouth and telling me it's raining like here in the US

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

hot witch divorcee posted:

wish i knew what the holdup was. i can only assume it is because of the chinese equivalent of boomers but there's gotta be spicier details than that.

sucks but still better than pissing in my mouth and telling me it's raining like here in the US

Lead theory is indeed old boomer-equivalents remaining in power forever.

Distant runner up is something something birthrate, or something something manly military, although both of those ideas also loop back to "boomer-equivalents with weird ideas".

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Antonymous posted:

like if your problem is specific people having sex by way of the viewpoints held by one member of the sexual encounter. why not just have a problem with the viewpoints and forget what the person who holds them does with their time

anyway I just personally find it uncomfortable and weird like like asking why a white person dates a black person. who cares? That's all I got to say on it

Sexpats are people who fetishize certain races and basically travel overseas to have sex with that race. I have a friend who teaches english overseas and on multiple times he's told me about some of the creepy guys he works with who basically came over to try to bang students and other people from the region.

Other cultures probably have them but we don't really hear about them here in the US. Also sex is haram, and all the sexhavers will be imprisoned when the revolution comes.

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

Atopian posted:

Lead theory is indeed old boomer-equivalents remaining in power forever.

Distant runner up is something something birthrate, or something something manly military, although both of those ideas also loop back to "boomer-equivalents with weird ideas".

the thing that is striking to me in that article is that the main problems with not allowing gay marriage are issues that impact affluent lgbt people more than anything, just like "marriage equality" in the west. a lot of that poo poo does indeed suck, but there's a big difference between not being able to jointly own a house and being subject to hate crimes and abject poverty. i'd take not being able to get gay married again (and like, i know, username and all, but this is something i actually want) if it meant that neither my girlfriend nor i had to deal with us both getting turbofucked if i also become disabled, even temporarily, or i would never see any of my friends who aren't lucky enough to be white computer touchers (or maybe even me) get beaten to death by police/some other fascist death squad.

what sucks even more is that libs using my struggle as a hammer to beat "lesser" people with is probably part of this as well. a lot of anti-lgbt poo poo in russia is fueled by american liberals who soycry about it and think dumping out vodka will piss off russians or whatever, and probably some of these boomers (and even more alarmingly, not-boomers) probably oppose gay marriage as a way to avoid creeping liberal and individualist influence.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3094520/why-struggle-same-sex-marriage-china-will-continue-despite-civil

I talked about this a lot when it was happening but they managed to get the proposal up for the 2020 congress but it was denied by the committee chair. It's especially unfortunate when Japan and Taiwan both managed to have massive wins w/r/t LGBT recognition in the last few years, with Taiwan legalizing same sex marriage and Japan having the Sapporo ruling followed by the high court ruling affirming that same sex cohabiting couples were to be treated equally as opposite sex cohabiting couples. It's probably gonna come up again in 2023 when the NPC meets next

many thanks!

would say that it is the old problem of a communists pushing affirmation against cultural mores that require protracted political battles to win and, if it's to be done quick, also requires tremendous and vigorous effort to enforce and uphold, especially in a country like China

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

hot witch divorcee posted:

what sucks even more is that libs using my struggle as a hammer to beat "lesser" people with is probably part of this as well. a lot of anti-lgbt poo poo in russia is fueled by american liberals who soycry about it and think dumping out vodka will piss off russians or whatever

Maybe just.. don't let it get to you? You dont have to respond to criticism by brutalizing your gay population. Was Zelim Bakaev killed because foreign liberals made a cringe youtube video?

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

Flavahbeast posted:

Maybe just.. don't let it get to you? You dont have to respond to criticism by brutalizing your gay population. Was Zelim Bakaev killed because foreign liberals made a cringe youtube video?

why are you addressing me? i cant control russian homophobes

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

That would be a hell of a superpower though.
Just imagine the costume.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Not you, but "we're only monsters because you criticized us" is a really common sentiment in right wing circles. It's a bullshit excuse

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Flavahbeast posted:

Not you, but "we're only monsters because you criticized us" is a really common sentiment in right wing circles. It's a bullshit excuse

They never said that. Lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ardennes posted:

You never know, but that white guy on Chinese cooking demystified doesn’t seem that bad…

that guy doesn’t seem to be a sexpat. hes a guy who’s lived in china for a long time and married a woman around the same age and class as him?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

right wingers say that poo poo all the time, actually.

"oh if only you hadn't been so disrespectful this might not be my opinion now" (it would have been their opinion either way)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Spergin Morlock posted:

right wingers say that poo poo all the time, actually.

"oh if only you hadn't been so disrespectful this might not be my opinion now" (it would have been their opinion either way)

Yeah I agree with that, I misread what OP wrote.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

AnimeIsTrash posted:

personally i don't think it really has any bearing on hate crimes in russia at all.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oooh yeah that’s the stuff

https://twitter.com/bugposting/status/1461487091444031489?s=21

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

In the replies, that user says this is an english class hell yeah

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
lmfao wrecked

https://twitter.com/BJP4India/status/1461541449082630148

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Context on that?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:owned:

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Context on that?

As far as I understand India's basically going full laissez-faire for its food supply which has only ever led to abundance in India

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

liberals make things worse constantly and lumping in real struggles with their bullshit and suffocating foreign and endemic minority struggles because the libs strongly associate said struggles with western liberal imperialism is real bad actually and a lot more than just fascists and bigots using being annoyed as an excuse, which they'll do anyway no matter what

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

agricultural guarantees gone? in India?

really seems like an excellent, massively fantastic idea

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

dead gay comedy forums posted:

agricultural guarantees gone? in India?

really seems like an excellent, massively fantastic idea

no, the bills were about liberalizing agriculture even further. after a year of protests it looks modi is caving, at least legally. i'm sure they're going to do a lot of administrative fuckery still

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Context on that?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3838460&pagenumber=571&perpage=40#post510368648

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

India has been terrifying for a while now, and it looks like the mass misery is only going to intensify.

If the intention is to have a capitalist success story to show off after China disappointed, this is not it.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
india's a liberal democracy speedrun (well i guess post soviet russia did it faster). the endpoint is always the rich buying the government and bankrolling fascists so they can loot the country

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

cnn just quietly announcing that lab leak was bullshit

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1461527499242885130?s=20

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i like how the first paragraph explicitly describes it as a seafood market and makes no effort to explain why anyone would bring bats or pangolins to a seafood market

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Antonymous posted:

idk why having sex in asia triggers people specifically. it's normal to have sex

its like complaining someone went to italy to eat food or go hiking or have sex. yeah why not. I really couldn't give a poo poo it sounds nice

I got a buddy who lives in europe but he's not from there and he has sex all the time (I assume). but no one would point it out

I got a gay friend in west hollywood and he also has sex all the time. But he's a foreigner in the USA. is he a bad person

I think all of the enormous numbers of Western pedophiles that frequent SE Asia may, uh, play a role in people's perception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Btw, Eastern Europe came up, and to be honest in the former Soviet Union, large gaps in age between men and women aren’t that uncommon. It isn’t a teenager with 40 year old situation usually, but a 10-15 year gap isn’t that out of the ordinary due to the continued gender imbalance.