Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Wheeee posted:

it’s interesting that that was what you took from it

if you're saying something more than the evangelical argument for why everyone needs to be a god-fearing christian then please elaborate. i reread it and realized that that wasn't really the thrust of "path 1", but it certainly seemed to be the thrust of "path 2"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!
loving loser universe thinks it has no meaning

just watch me impose it on you; lol you don't even have free will or the ability to perceive your own existence

bow before your supreme achievement, a bunch of dumbasses who like truck nutz

valp
Aug 31, 2018

Wheeee posted:

you stand before a fork in the trail, before you are two paths:

down one, we are temporary hosts for something far greater than our little monkey brains and what we experience and how we deal with it are a part of a cycle of learning and development, in which those oblivious dumbshits, selfish privileged rich kids, and toxic narcissists skating through life which frustrate you so in your present incarnation are to be pitied as they are uselessly spinning their wheels, wasting this opportunity and stunting their own development, and it is in freeing your own self through the mechanism of forgiveness that you will ultimately find satisfaction

down the other, we live in a strictly materialist reality, our consciousness nothing more than an accident of evolution, an emergent property of the interactions between the subsystems of your meat brain, and there is no meaning or purpose to existence beyond that which you subjectively choose to project, thus you are freed from obligation to anything or anyone but your own emotional and physical needs and may do as you will to yourself and others in the pursuit of satisfying your frustrations

which path do you walk

The nature of duality is that all things create their opposite. The concept of "yes" creates the concept of "no", the concept of light creates the concept of dark, the concept of good creates the concept of evil, and vise versa. The nature of duality is also that studying one half of a duality means you understand the other half as well, because in order to describe what a thing is, you must also understand what it is not, and the more you come to understand what a thing is, the more you will come to understand what it isn't. Every duality ends in unity.

The path doesn't matter, because walking the 'wrong' path simply means that when you decide to switch to the 'right' path you'll find you are already a good ways down that path, because you already understand everything this new path is not. There are no wrong paths, the only mistake is standing still. So practice getting really loving good at walking whichever path you happen to be on, and learn how to change paths freely and fearlessly whenever you feel like it, and no matter where you go or what you do you'll end up in the right place eventually.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Pooky posted:

The applicability of [Chemical]/[Biological] weapons in space appears to be extremely
limited. Agents might prove of value in reducing enemy fixed bases or
contaminating supplies. other wise, the extreme environment will render
both BW and CW agents useless by preventing the development of sufficient
concentrations and destroying the BW organisms. The possibility of the
discovery of viable toxic organisms indigenous to the space environment
should not be overlooked, however. The discovery of microscopic or-
ganic remains on the Orgeuil meteorite and other meteorites leads to the
conclusion that organisms did exist in space at one point and may still be
existing there . Should toxic indigenous organisms be discovered, the im-
plications for weapons development are clear.

hilariously evil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgueil_(meteorite)

that report info has been added to wikipedia. wonder if it will stick around

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

if you die in one multiverse where does your consciousness go? is each being's consciousness in every universe completely different?

can the uap birdmen jump between these universes?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This says a lot about our sorority

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Pooky posted:

The applicability of [Chemical]/[Biological] weapons in space appears to be extremely
limited. Agents might prove of value in reducing enemy fixed bases or
contaminating supplies. other wise, the extreme environment will render
both BW and CW agents useless by preventing the development of sufficient
concentrations and destroying the BW organisms. The possibility of the
discovery of viable toxic organisms indigenous to the space environment
should not be overlooked, however. The discovery of microscopic or-
ganic remains on the Orgeuil meteorite and other meteorites leads to the
conclusion that organisms did exist in space at one point and may still be
existing there . Should toxic indigenous organisms be discovered, the im-
plications for weapons development are clear.

hilariously evil

it was the cold war, and then we found a lifeform and weaponized it

valp
Aug 31, 2018

toggle posted:

if you die in one multiverse where does your consciousness go? is each being's consciousness in every universe completely different?

can the uap birdmen jump between these universes?

I'm convinced that we all collectively jumped from the "Hilary won" timeline to the "Trump won" timeline, either because Hilary started WW3 and we all died or because Trump winning was too hilarious to miss. Or maybe both things are true and the only reason we're all still alive is because we wanted, on the deepest level of our soul, to experience the CSPAM Trump threads. And this was the only timeline where that happened.

Also every time you hop timelines it creates Mandela effects since the new timeline is slightly different, and I noticed a bunch of new Mandela effects that all popped up in 2016.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Well it is an artificial dichotomous hypothetical

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

This says a lot about our sorority

Edit: this thread needs a gang tag. somebody come up with something clever that involves a sorority.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Bilirubin posted:

Well it is an artificial dichotomous hypothetical

the most elusive variety of dichotomous

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

D-Pad posted:

Edit: this thread needs a gang tag. somebody come up with something clever that involves a sorority.

if this thread got a gangtag it should absolutely involve Ra

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

D-Pad posted:

flash between various models of the enterprise and poo poo, each followed by "bird"

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

D-Pad posted:

nuts to that, what we need is richard dean anderson engaging in a little intergalactic diplomacy:

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
materialist on the streets
mysticism in the sheets

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

endocriminologist posted:

materialist on the streets
mysticism in the sheets

all things in balance

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

blatman posted:

nuts to that, what we need is richard dean anderson engaging in a little intergalactic diplomacy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4QCB4S9SSA

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Petey posted:

may i remind you that https://www.newsweek.com/darpa-book-wacky-terrifying-schemes-580052

"Think of it like a suppository," Christofilos told skeptical fellow scientists. "As it goes through the rock, it creates a perfect tube”

perfect tubes are awesome

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

mawarannahr posted:

perfect tubes are awesome

Uh but also, that's not how suppository work. They don't crawl up your rear end like an intestinal Mr. Plow.

That right there should've made everyone realize that this dude was loving unhinged.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

mycomancy posted:

Uh but also, that's not how suppository work. They don't crawl up your rear end like an intestinal Mr. Plow.

That right there should've made everyone realize that this dude was loving unhinged.

fucker coward

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This is my stab

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

that funny hair greenstreet dude is claiming that the canary islands UFO was probably a soviet nuclear test, his evidence being a description of a soviet nuke test where the fireball expanded and looked like an orb, and the fact that the canary island sighting involved an orb too (with people allegedly inside it lol), and occurred on the same year as soviet nuclear tests.

i'm pretty sure the soviets never tested nukes anywhere close to there lol

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Rah! posted:

that funny hair greenstreet dude is claiming that the canary islands UFO was probably a soviet nuclear test, his evidence being a description of a soviet nuke test where the fireball expanded and looked like an orb, and the fact that the canary island sighting involved an orb too (with people allegedly inside it lol), and occurred on the same year as soviet nuclear tests.

i'm pretty sure the soviets never tested nukes anywhere close to there lol

did :tinylue: waterboard this guys dog or something

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol that greenstreet turned into a debunker because ufo nerds roasted his hair

:sad:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Wheeee posted:

did :tinylue: waterboard this guys dog or something

greenstreet saw lue and china in the closet making drones and one of the drones looked at him

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Sunset on Mars

Wheeee has issued a correction as of 13:52 on Nov 19, 2021

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

valp posted:

I'm convinced that we all collectively jumped from the "Hilary won" timeline to the "Trump won" timeline, either because Hilary started WW3 and we all died or because Trump winning was too hilarious to miss. Or maybe both things are true and the only reason we're all still alive is because we wanted, on the deepest level of our soul, to experience the CSPAM Trump threads. And this was the only timeline where that happened.

Also every time you hop timelines it creates Mandela effects since the new timeline is slightly different, and I noticed a bunch of new Mandela effects that all popped up in 2016.

It's worth considering how this affects birds. Do you want to live in a timeline where birds are real? Or do you want, really truly want, to continue to live in a timeline where you are endlessly teased and entertained with the possibility that birds might be real?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

personally i'm just looking forward to the presidential address absolutely confirming the existence of extraterrestrial technology on earth in 2025 by president trump

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jazerus posted:

anyone who thinks you need god or the peanutties or Ra or the cycle of reincarnation or whatever to impose purpose on life to provide a reason to not act like a piece of poo poo is hugely suspect imo. you should just not act like a piece of poo poo of your own volition and if that's not in your capability, think long and hard about why you feel like you need supernatural restraint. purposelessness does not imply anarchy.

this is kinda the thing though like i think you're largely among people for whom belief is not merely some moral code enforcing construct.

like me, and other people are reporting weird experiences, then trying to grapple with and explain them, without going to purely reductive "misfiring neurons" territory that effectively ends serious exploration of the thing. I can even give good reasons for why it's bad to do this for mental health reasons, but i don't wanna go down that rabbit hole too much. engaging w/ and processing stuff > denial, therapeutically speaking, right?
I would even agree, that if belief is solely held because of moral strictures and/or a cosmic carrot at the end of life, there's something goofy in your head.

i feel like it's not useful to dismiss belief like that, tbh

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

we dont need no gangtag
we just need the sky

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Wheeee posted:

Sunset on Mars
woah

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Not sure for dimensions

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Hodgepodge posted:

There's a certain end of history quality to this sort of sci-fi that was also in the story about the Aloof, where the author explores the result of some absolute or teleologically complete form of existence and manages to find an interesting way to end up saying "either it would be really boring, or I just am."

yes, the author of this one was really showing his rear end w/r/t thinking that language is the only part of you that is you

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

valp posted:

I’ve always used the same password at work. For years. In the middle of that campaign I went on standby, went to the restroom and returned to my workcube to find the password I’ve used for years was not working. Locked myself out. Caps is off, num is ok etc etc. Called IT to get it reset. I mused that maybe I changed timelines and wouldn’t it be funny if this is the dumb timeline where turmpo wins and well… This timeline sucks, but it’s funny!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the gang tag should have p'nutty and T-Lue in sweet embrace and say "im a bird watcher"

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what if we stick with the classics and go with that I WANT TO BELIEVE ufo poster from a hundred years ago, but squished down into a fun sized rectangle

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

:chloe:
thats the tag the D&D thread deserves around here we like to discuss which type of aitee would take best to our cummies

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Saucer Hovers posted:

the gang tag should have p'nutty and T-Lue in sweet embrace and say "im a bird watcher"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Saucer Hovers posted:

:chloe:
thats the tag the D&D thread deserves around here we like to discuss which type of aitee would take best to our cummies

ya good point