Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

AJA posted:

This is supposed to be cool and creepy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Imogen fakeout. Reserved here in case anyone else bites it before end of cast :commissar:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

s t o n k y

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

+1 thread title

you all know you want it

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
STONKY'S RING.

I bet the person who wrote the adventure in Candlekeep Mysteries that item is from is so happy this loving ring is a regular feature in Critical Role.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if this would have gone better or worse if that guard had caught them breaking into the house.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
drat this has been a brutal fight. I wonder if Matt's trying to up the difficulty this campaign or something.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Let's move in :drac:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
What the hell Fearne.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
do not use it for soup

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Gnome de plume posted:

do not use it for soup

Grow flowers in it instead. The fertilizer is already there :barf:

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
"you could use it for soup..."
"eww"
"no"
"but..."
"NO"

..."you could plant flowers in it"

"Okay" :classiclol:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Bye byeeeeeeee.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
That's horrifying :manning:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Be sure to send children.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
trying to replace Bertrand by recruiting the other elderly retired adventurer

payday baybeee

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Level up! :slick:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
My hitpoints are stupid I'm sorry :smug:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Taliesin's really reaping the benefits of his bargain with Dice C'thulu.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
I don't want Ashton to do a Molly, their hit points can be as stupid as they want to be.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Hexmage-SA posted:

drat this has been a brutal fight. I wonder if Matt's trying to up the difficulty this campaign or something.

At least for this encounter, Matt has discovered the effectiveness of infinite mook reinforcements in D&D 5. I've used the technique more than once in my own games. It's a good way to keep the pressure up throughout the fight and often adds a puzzle element as the players figure out how to stem the tide.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Critical Role Campaign 3 (emmy winner)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DarklyDreaming posted:

My hitpoints are stupid I'm sorry :smug:

I'll find ways :smug:

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Ashton is hella overpowered right now, lol drat

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Have they shown off ashtons and fcg's custom subclasses somewhere?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ashley has great comedic sense and timing. I'm glad that she gets to show it off more with this character.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

I wonder what they'll take for ASIs. I can see Liam taking Sentinel and Ashley going for +2 Chaos.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
First priority is getting main stats to 20, I think.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Senjuro posted:

Well Fearne's already at 20 Chaos so she's got that taken care of.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
https://talkstranscribed.wordpress.com/2021/11/19/c3-e5-appendix/

We got a bit of info on Ashton's subclass stuff.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

We're going to get a "reverse Molly" situation where everyone else gets killed from Matt trying to take down Taliesin

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Senjuro posted:

Ehh, not really, I don't think anyone in the Mighty Nein had their main stat to 20 until pretty late. Everyone took feats pretty early. Everyone generally has a pretty good statline at the moment, and things like Warcaster and Spell Sniper are going to be extremely clutch with our current crew.

Edit: Orym is also a legitimate good choice to pick up for Defensive Duelist and / or shield master. Both of which would do phenominal work in keeping him upright with his habit of physically interdicting attacks for his allies.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 22, 2021

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Do they post their sheets anywhere or is it all secret?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
There're no 'official' sheets, but Critrole Stats make a decent effort at putting together what's known about each character in handy sheets at: https://www.critrolestats.com/pcstats-mq

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

Ehh, not really, I don't think anyone in the Mighty Nein had their main stat to 20 until pretty late.

Yeah Yasha never hit 20 Str.

e:

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Do they post their sheets anywhere or is it all secret?

They show some of the character stats during the stream:

Perks and gear are carefully curated by the fansites :v:

Lima fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Nov 22, 2021

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
A lot more M9 characters started with their main stats at 18 than this group so even if they didn't boost it to 20 at the first opportunity they could do so at the next one. Everyone but Yasha did so by the second ASI.
Only Orym and Imogen have main stats at 18 this time around. If the others start taking feats they won't reach 20 for a long, long time.

Senjuro fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Nov 22, 2021

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Too-high stats are boring anyway. Much more interesting to be middle-of-the-road and make successes out of that. You could argue that a higher-stat failure has more of a swing behind it, but the odds are in the favour of success, which as an expected outcome is boring.

Of course, I’m known for having bad TTRPG opinions.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Lower stats are only going to affect your rolls, not your role play from what little I know of TTRPGs, and in D'n'D in particular, feats and other things can and often do balance out stats in other ways. So it's not like you're notably gimping yourself by refusing to max out one or more of your stats; you're just buffing your character in other ways instead of rolls. Unless you just refuse to level your character at all beyond a certain point (presumably level 10ish) I'm not sure how you can be a "middle of the road" character and make success out of that.

Honestly, feats might actually work out better in that regard because feats are not something that are innately dependent on rolls. Some parts of some feats are, but not all of them. So if your "middle of the road" character is only middle of the road with their stats but is chock full of feats, they're probably less dependent on rolls overall regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
True. It’s just an issue I’ve come up against personally for preferring lower stats. Like multiple negatives. The majority of players I’ve interacted with are all about maxing out everything and domination, whereas I enjoy working on stories of growth. And feats are a great way to enable that. You might not be as useful in combat, but it feels like your successful rolls matter more.

And given CR is much more RP over mechanics on average, I could definitely see stat boosts being “neglected” for flavour.