Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

previous reports of Chinese-manufactured GPUs were always deflated by the fact that they didn't support common user-end graphical APIs because they were primarily compute cards data centers

but extremely lmao if they're starting to come out with DirectX and Vulkan-compatible cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Granted, the big issue for China is still independent fabrication, they can design competitive chips but the issue is literally producing the initial tracing before they can be fabricated.

Anyway as far as the sexpat thing goes, if a 40 year old who has limited options at home can move to a country and get a middle class income with limited effort and date women younger than them… they can probably going to do it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PhilstarNews/status/1461135644478959619
https://twitter.com/PhilstarNews/status/1461650469718159361

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

i got tetanus just looking at this ship

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Mantis42 posted:

cnn just quietly announcing that lab leak was bullshit

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1461527499242885130?s=20

Doesn't matter. It was a lab leak to everyone. Just asking questions!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

now thats cyberpunk

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
you dont need to deploy the nuclear space marines to enforce your claims, just do brinkmanship on a scale of progressively more forceful nonviolent measures of beating the crap out of enemy conscripts. everyone gets theuir nationalist entertainment quata fulfilled and we can do a pretend fight that might oopsie woopsie turn into a series of very stupid bloodbaths

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Modi nixing farm laws probably first time he visibly take a step back. I want to hear all the juicy gossp!

https://twitter.com/broseph_stalin/status/1461583577443971074?s=20

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Always love when US media emphasizes a story about someone rich and famous disappearing in China. Maybe the Uyghur Muslim thing wasn't compelling enough on its own?

Either way, I am really hoping she pops back up in several days or weeks to say she's fine as is usually the case in this situation. It's going to be a cold day in hell when I take any US media framing about China's government seriously.

Also I think we got the timing a little bit wrong about announcing the Olympics boycott, shouldn't we have waited until after this story broke?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
There were a bunch of pro Indian farmer ads on Chicago TV last winter. I was very confused.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

brugroffil posted:

There were a bunch of pro Indian farmer ads on Chicago TV last winter. I was very confused.

I'm sure the Indian gusanos in America will be very supportive of their farmer brethren back home

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

brugroffil posted:

Chicago has a pretty high Indian dispoara population. You'd see a bunch of no farmers, no food signs if you drove around in Kent, WA which has a pretty high Punjabi dispoara population. I saw some dudes protesting the Indian government there too.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Oh yeah, I live near a major Hindu temple complex. I just had no real idea what it was all about.

There was some anti modi resolution that got voted down in Chicago City council in the spring after heavy lobbying, too.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Modi nixing farm laws probably first time he visibly take a step back. I want to hear all the juicy gossp!

oh drat, looks like neoliberalism can be resisted and all its takes is hundreds of thousands of people protesting for a solid year straight

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
when I was in the soybean business modi’s laws(plus Covid ) all of a sudden made ngmo USA soybean products more competitive and people in countries like Sri Lanka and Myanmar went to USA for their soy based proteins than India due to price and quality issues due to Covid /farm law

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
RT dunking on Chinese state media

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/540636-peng-shuai-china-media/

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Always love when US media emphasizes a story about someone rich and famous disappearing in China. Maybe the Uyghur Muslim thing wasn't compelling enough on its own?

Either way, I am really hoping she pops back up in several days or weeks to say she's fine as is usually the case in this situation. It's going to be a cold day in hell when I take any US media framing about China's government seriously.

Also I think we got the timing a little bit wrong about announcing the Olympics boycott, shouldn't we have waited until after this story broke?

it takes a lot to get Americans to understand timezones and the international date line

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Corky Romanovsky posted:

it takes a lot to get Americans to understand timezones and the international date line

wow it looks like this post was made while it's... 5 PM in Moscow??? :thunk:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

stephenthinkpad posted:

i thought the farm laws were bad so whats up with this tweet?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Agrajag posted:

i thought the farm laws were bad so whats up with this tweet?

the farm laws were bad. modi had to withdraw them. its a political defeat for the BJP

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mila kunis posted:

the farm laws were bad. modi had to withdraw them. its a political defeat for the BJP

good, gently caress modi

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

really kicking the scaremongering up a few notches here

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1461278287704084482?s=21

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

previous reports of Chinese-manufactured GPUs were always deflated by the fact that they didn't support common user-end graphical APIs because they were primarily compute cards data centers

but extremely lmao if they're starting to come out with DirectX and Vulkan-compatible cards

Chairman Xi: as part of our new national economic program, we have been developing and fabricating state-of-the-art GPUs in secret

nerds: what

Chairman Xi: these new GPUs are equivalent to RTX 3000s with half the cost and much less power usage

nerds: WHAT

Chairman Xi: and they have a specific solution that if you try to run it for bitcoin they shall melt down your computer

nerds: so comrades come rally and the last fight let us face the internationale unites the human race

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

who the gently caress are these people

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Chairman Xi: as part of our new national economic program, we have been developing and fabricating state-of-the-art GPUs in secret

Chairman Xi: these new GPUs are equivalent to RTX 3000s with half the cost and much less power usage

Chairman Xi: and they have a specific solution that if you try to run it for bitcoin they shall melt down your computer

nerds: so comrades come rally and the last fight let us face the internationale unites the human race

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

legit surprised the water cannons didn't puncture the hull

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

who the gently caress are these people

tbf everything in that is p much the nypost editorializing. all the general really said was that hypersonics were a first strike weapon

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

legit surprised the water cannons didn't puncture the hull

To be clear, that's the hulk of a beached ship in the shoal that's being disputed. The AFP has soldiers on it to maintain a presence

The supply ships that were driven off were not quite that derelict

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
That's not a picture of the supply ship, that's a picture of an old WW2 landing ship that the PH ran aground on the shoal to serve as a permanent (eh) outpost.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Twitter/facebook recently banned sandinistas for allegedly being bots. Their reasoning? These accounts posted a lot early morning, less throughout the day, and barely in the afternoon.

Basically consuming the internet like a normal person.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbf everything in that is p much the nypost editorializing. all the general really said was that hypersonics were a first strike weapon

I will never click such links so thank you for your commendable service

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this is deranged

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

That's not a picture of the supply ship, that's a picture of an old WW2 landing ship that the PH ran aground on the shoal to serve as a permanent (eh) outpost.

why doesnt the PRC just turn the water cannons onto it then and watch as it splinters and drifts away

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Ok grandpa, whatever you say.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I will never put China surveillance hardware inside my computer.

*posted from IPhone 12

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I will never put China surveillance hardware inside my computer.

*posted from IPhone 12

*posted via an american ISP that allows the NSA to copy all data travelling over its cables*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I for one am tired of playing the song and dance where google pretends they don't know everything about me.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

wow it looks like this post was made while it's... 5 PM in Moscow??? :thunk:

drat it really is 5 o'clock somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/shen_shiwei/status/1461715435385020419