Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vince probably told Inoki to form NJPW back in 72 brother!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If you rearrange the letters in "Vince" you get "Inec V" which if you read aloud sounds quite similar to Inoki, wouldn't you agree?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The implication is talent trades with them. Clearly NJPW couldn't survive without Vince graciously lending them the top gaijin talent

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/Life_Is_Rachel/status/1461531512403369984

I just do not understand how these people think.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

The implication is talent trades with them. Clearly NJPW couldn't survive without Vince graciously lending them the top gaijin talent

Inoki should of never signed the talent exchange deal after Mania 1

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i'd say wwe fans have serf mentality but serfs had enough self respect to burn down the manor house and kill their lord when poo poo got bad enough. these people can't even stop watching a bad tv show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AEW's been around 3 years but yes now is the time that Tony Khan will have to step up to the plate and make a decision

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rarity posted:

AEW's been around 3 years but yes now is the time that Tony Khan will have to step up to the plate and make a decision

-- Got a TNT deal, then re-negotiated an even better deal during a pandemic
-- Poached Jericho/Moxley/Danielson/Cole/many others away from competitive WWE offers
-- Lured Punk out of retirement
-- Consistently pulls 100k+ PPV buys and sellout arenas

I dunno Tony still has a lot to prove as a businessman

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I would love to know what this person THINKS Tony Khan does all day if he's never had to do a single business thing in the past 3 years

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Also it's been discussed before but it really is amazing how WWE brain poisoning has made these people think that constant mass-firings are just, normal for wrestling and that the fact that AEW hasn't gone on firing sprees is a sign that Tony Khan is an idiot loser dumbfuck who doesn't understand how the business works and is spending his company into an early grave.

Despite the fact that, as as established earlier in this thread, the only time any other companies really do this sort of thing is when they're actually going out of business.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1461521301101690880

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He's actually right for once

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Being confused at WWE doing bad things, while weird after all that's already happened, isn't really a bad take. Even if it's from Ryan Satin.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

This isn't aimed at any one particular tweeter or anything, but you know what really loving sucks?

Every time the WWE does one of these mass releases, Dana Brooke ends up trending on Twitter because you have scores of people going HURR WHY DIDN'T THEY RELEASE DANA BROOKE THIS TIME?

Shut the hell up, assholes. Stop calling for the blood of someone who (afaik) is harmless and doesn't deserve to lose her job just because you don't like her.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

IGgy IGsen posted:

Being confused at WWE doing bad things, while weird after all that's already happened, isn't really a bad take. Even if it's from Ryan Satin.

It’s funny to me because Satin isn’t just a fan, he works for Fox! Why not ask somebody in WWE what’s going on Ryan?!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Vandar posted:

This isn't aimed at any one particular tweeter or anything, but you know what really loving sucks?

Every time the WWE does one of these mass releases, Dana Brooke ends up trending on Twitter because you have scores of people going HURR WHY DIDN'T THEY RELEASE DANA BROOKE THIS TIME?

Shut the hell up, assholes. Stop calling for the blood of someone who (afaik) is harmless and doesn't deserve to lose her job just because you don't like her.

Normally I'd say that attractive white blondes are always safe in WWE, but they just got rid of Taya, Scarlett and Lana so who the gently caress knows anymore

Benne fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 19, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait, did Hit Row get released? Weren't they literally just "graduated" from NXT?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, did Hit Row get released? Weren't they literally just "graduated" from NXT?

We are maximum of six months from WWE bringing someone up from NXT and releasing them on the same day.

We call this a "double event"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How many people are left on the roster now that couldn't either be considered WWE homegrown, or weren't already prominent in another notable fed? There can't be that many left. A lot of the people on these lists made their names elsewhere, and it seems like they're still gradually shifting to in-house talent only.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sticklefifer posted:

How many people are left on the roster now that couldn't either be considered WWE homegrown, or weren't already prominent in another notable fed? There can't be that many left. A lot of the people on these lists made their names elsewhere, and it seems like they're still gradually shifting to in-house talent only.

NXT still has Johnny/Ciampa/O'Reilly/Io as basically the last holdovers from the Hunter era. I'm sure they all have standing offers from AEW the moment they're available (or in Io's case, a standing offer from Bushiroad which is practically begging to get her back into Stardom).

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

You see, it's not really thinking. Instead, their brain is like a glob of slime where occasionally something resembling a thought happens to bubble up to the surface

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

NXT still has Johnny/Ciampa/O'Reilly/Io as basically the last holdovers from the Hunter era. I'm sure they all have standing offers from AEW the moment they're available (or in Io's case, a standing offer from Bushiroad which is practically begging to get her back into Stardom).

KOR probably already has a nod and wink deal, given they're clearly setting up TUE vs the Elite

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

poo poo if only Top Dolla had done more he's still be there

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I am more than willing to bet that many of the people who post poo poo like "it's not WWE's responsibility to keep people employed" also have lamented on at least one occasion about how they got fired "unfairly" and "for no reason" from a job

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Endless Mike posted:

poo poo if only Top Dolla had done more he's still be there

drat, son, you're just supposed to lick the boot, not swallow the thing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

VideoWitch posted:

Amazing that none of the people in the responses got the right answer of "Because he wants to and it would be cool"

How are these people so loving bad at watching TV? They literally said it out loud on Dynamite: Danielson is going through the Dark Order to piss off Page and to hurt his friends to provoke him. And to show off, because he feels like he's on a whole other level compared to Page and the Dark Order, so he can just take them apart at his leisure and then finish the coup de grâce by taking Hangman's belt.

B-b-b-b-but his title challenge, y he need 2 ern it bad AEW booking?!!!!?!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MicromanFever/status/1461728229891391490

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Performers In The Entertainment Industry is a pretty wide net you got there

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can't wait for the kid from Young Sheldon to get fired 4 episodes into the season because he wasn't over

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

How are these people so loving bad at watching TV? They literally said it out loud on Dynamite: Danielson is going through the Dark Order to piss off Page and to hurt his friends to provoke him. And to show off, because he feels like he's on a whole other level compared to Page and the Dark Order, so he can just take them apart at his leisure and then finish the coup de grâce by taking Hangman's belt.

B-b-b-b-but his title challenge, y he need 2 ern it bad AEW booking?!!!!?!!!

But what about Paige

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I am more than willing to bet that many of the people who post poo poo like "it's not WWE's responsibility to keep people employed" also have lamented on at least one occasion about how they got fired "unfairly" and "for no reason" from a job

likely because of serious HR issues

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gaz-L posted:

Can't wait for the kid from Young Sheldon to get fired 4 episodes into the season because he wasn't over

He's only over because the character was on Big Bang Theory. They should change the premise to have him not be Sheldon and see if he gets over then!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, that kind of poo poo DOES happen with TV shows all the time if ratings suck or fans hate certain characters.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The only thing that makes no sense about that angle is that Hangman has no reason not to just say "OK let's do the title match next week". I know they don't want to pull the trigger on the match super fast but it's weird to think Hangman would just allow his buddies to get mauled by Danielson instead of protecting them by just doing the match sooner

It's not that big a deal though because it results in more good wrestling matches

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Elephant Ambush posted:

The only thing that makes no sense about that angle is that Hangman has no reason not to just say "OK let's do the title match next week". I know they don't want to pull the trigger on the match super fast but it's weird to think Hangman would just allow his buddies to get mauled by Danielson instead of protecting them by just doing the match sooner

It's not that big a deal though because it results in more good wrestling matches

that was in the promo directly, bryan didn't want hangman to have any excuses and wanted to give him time to rest up so hangman's fresh and ready when bryan beats him for the title

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

He said "Let's do the title match tonight" and Danielson refused.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Elephant Ambush posted:

it's weird to think Hangman would just allow his buddies to get mauled

They are wrestlers who's job it is to have wrestling matches. There's no need to pearl clutch about the guy who's "born and bred for combat" getting into a fight

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Adam Page is a heel, that’s why.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Rarity posted:

They are wrestlers who's job it is to have wrestling matches. There's no need to pearl clutch about the guy who's "born and bred for combat" getting into a fight

Pearl clutching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The combat sports promoter isn't just going to give away his big match with no build for the sake of protecting some low-card guys. Hangman Page and the Dark Order are sadly at the mercy of money-hungry Tony Khan