Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Exodus is really really good but you need to give it a lot of time and attention, it’s not a good one to dip in and out of. It looks amazing as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Best Buy has a ton of poo poo at really good prices, but unfortunately my gaming plate is full atm.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
They should remake Lego Lord of Rings once they finally finish the Skywalker Saga!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I got briefly excited when I saw LoTR on the BC list but lost interest when it was the Lego one. Those LoTR hack and slash games by EA are lost classics.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

American McGay posted:

Sucks that forge is still 6 months away.

About that. Season One ends in May, and co-op is scheduled for Season Two.

Forge is scheduled for Season Three...

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Halo single player preview stuff dropped.

Bunch out there but even enormous grump Jeff Gerstmann likes it.
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1461611451760594945

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

343 did the impossible. Fair fucks to them

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Big team battle is what it felt like to be 12 playing blood gulch

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

But that said yeah I still wanna see the campaign and I guess there is a BR mode coming? I am curious

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

But that said yeah I still wanna see the campaign and I guess there is a BR mode coming? I am curious
I don't think there's an official Battle Royale mode planned, but given the crazy node-based-scripting poo poo for Forge that leaked out a while back there'll probably be 170 unofficial ones within a week of Forge releasing.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
I’d be shocked if they didn’t do a BR mode given that it’s F2P and even Forza Horizon has one since 4.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I own Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader so that backwards compatibility ensures Jeff Foxworthy will be staring at me from my library until the end of time.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Finished Exo One in a little over two hours. Visually interesting, satisfying to cruise around in once you get the controls figured out, and the sound design's very nice. Past that, though, the levels all overstay their welcome and the story skirts up against incoherent. I enjoyed it, I just wish I'd enjoyed it more.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I don't post things from Reddit here too often, but this rumor is ... interesting.

https://reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/qxgp4w/world_of_warcraft_complete_edition_about_to_be/

quote:

World of Warcraft: Complete Edition about to be listed on the coming soon section of xbox store on December 9th? (Same day as Game Awards) take with grain of salt...

Hey all, im in a discord with a group of web developers and we noticed the Xbox website received a big refresh the other day, combing through some of the websites source code someone in the group came across this interesting piece;

https://imgsrc.com/image/c0ZqM

Seems to be base code to add World of Warcraft Complete Editon as a listing to the "upcoming games" section on 9th December.

Weve all seen some odd things be added in source code before that never came to be anything, but i feel like the name "complete edition" meaning an entirely new product, paired with it apparentlybeing added on the same date as the Game Awards is worth pointing out atleast. So... Take with a grain of salt for now.

This seems like the precise intersection of things that Activision-Blizzard should have done years and years ago and something that will absolutely not happen now because of the dozens of scandals swirling around.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They want a big product launch to take the heat off and also Final Fantasy 14 isn't on the Xbox.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Crysis Remastered Trilogy dropped to $29.99 at Best Buy so I ordered it.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/gamebowski/status/1461635980872593413

Take the Microsoft money, you morons :v:

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Square put FFXIV on the Xbox you fucks!

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

Square put FFXIV on the Xbox you fucks!

Sounds like it's a when, not if.

https://www.thegamer.com/square-enix-positive-final-fantasy-14-xbox-series-x/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bring Final Fantasy XI back to Xbox as well.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I play it on the PC but I've really started to like just playing on my couch.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Bring Final Fantasy XI back to Xbox as well.

Not the new one that loved you, the original hate in its heart version

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Zurtilik posted:

I play it on the PC but I've really started to like just playing on my couch.

I'll never understand how people play this kind of a 30+ abilities-per-class-tab-target monstrosity on a controller.

While the controller support is commendable, I tried it on PC and I just could not manage.

Shame since MMOs with full controller support on PC are extremely rare.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I find the controller impossible for healing. But a lot of the DPS classes play pretty well on the controller.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Plus you can plug a wireless keyboard into the xbox. Though I genuinely wouldn't mind a smaller controller sized keyboard and relive the slide-up phone days.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mr. Neutron posted:

I'll never understand how people play this kind of a 30+ abilities-per-class-tab-target monstrosity on a controller.

While the controller support is commendable, I tried it on PC and I just could not manage.

I feel like it works really well on the PS4 because of the touchpad you can use as a mouse for clicking on menus and things. Otherwise yeah I couldn't imagine playing with a controller without a mouse and keyboard right there for hot swapping.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mr. Neutron posted:

It feels great on PS5 imo, you can have up to 48 buttons on speed-dial just using the d-pad, face buttons, and triggers in combination.
Having the touchpad for the few edge cases where buttons aren't sufficient definitely helps.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

John F Bennett posted:

Anyone buy something good on the Black Friday sale? I'm still eyeing Metro Exodus like I do every time it's on sale. But I won't get around to it because of Halo most likely.

Get Exodus. It looks amazing on the Series X and is a nice fun well crafted narrative. Personally I found the DLC to range from mediocre to subpar but the main story is great.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ff14 is easier on controller than keyboard imo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Complete polar opposite for me. I can't play FFXIV on controller, it feels terrible. The game feels like it requires a keyboard/mouse to be even remotely playable for me.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008
I liked to play FFXIV with the controller but I would still use the keyboard and mouse for all the menu's and stuff. But running around and fighting mobs was fine with the controller.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
WoW is a match faster game than FF14. I can't imagine it's as controller friendly.

Anyway, I came to this thread to say: Dicey Dungeons is amazing. Can't believe how far they pushed this concept.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ultrachrist posted:

WoW is a match faster game than FF14. I can't imagine it's as controller friendly.

Anyway, I came to this thread to say: Dicey Dungeons is amazing. Can't believe how far they pushed this concept.

Dicey Dungeon is fun. The narrative and writing is fun and the music is great. But I am missing something with the thief. I just get slaughtered. The witch is really hard but I think I could get better at it. Thief is just death for me.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know that episode of Seinfeld where they spend the whole time looking for the car in the mall parking garage and when they finally find it the battery is dead?

I figured I'd do a round or two of Halo Infinite before returning to work and spent like ten minutes trying to figure out why I wasn't getting any video. In the end I decided to just use a different HDMI cord plugged into a different port in my wacky setup, which got it working. Only to find out my internet is randomly down. :negative:

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

Dicey Dungeon is fun. The narrative and writing is fun and the music is great. But I am missing something with the thief. I just get slaughtered. The witch is really hard but I think I could get better at it. Thief is just death for me.

I sucked with the thief too. I tried a poison build but a bunch of enemies are strong vs poison.

My one try with the witch was a success… there is a 2 dice lightning spell that combines both values for damage + 2x shock when placed in an upgraded spell book slot. That carried me. Other slots were for the freeze spell which is also what I relied on until I got to the point where I picked up lightning.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
My thief strat is to get as many dice as possible and dump them into a Dagger+. Bump a 6 to get an extra dice, lockpicks are good as well to get more dice. Keep one piece of equipment for high rolls you can't bump or lockpick, and dump everything 3 and below into your dagger

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

FF14 is basically designed for it. There are classes that play better with a controller than keyboard

It’s great though. I did endgame raiding stuff as both DPS and tank on a controller.

There are options in the menu to enable stuff like pressing both L2+R2 brings up another hotbar so you have access to 32 abilities pretty easily. Once you get used to it (takes a long time won’t lie) and have customized it enough it’s very manageable

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Oooo, I didn't know you could bump a 6.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Anybody successfully gotten a USB connected Xbone controller to work in FH5 via cloud? I get to the load screen with the "Press A to Start Game" and can press A, but once it launches to the Season menu I lose all controller functionality until I kill the game and restart something else. Have confirmed that Golf With Your Friends works. edit: I was trying this using Chrome. Tried Edge it did not work. Then I tried the actual app and it's working, so it's time to draw car pictures I think.

And this is just a lol. I have a pair of Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen2s that I've been using for the last year or so. They're decent headphones but I wouldn't buy them now over the Microsoft pair (especially with Best Buy selling them for < $90). Anyway, I had a tendency to store them on top of my PC tower under my (rarely standing) sit/stand desk and when I went to grab them one day the left ear piece had broken near the headband connection. I don't know if I inadvertantly crushed them and they broke, but I did notice the other ear has a stress fracture beginning to develop as well and wonder it it was just plastic fatigue since I've used them for both work & gaming pretty extensively. After the masking tape "cast" I had used to hold them together orginally started to fail I went looking for a better fix solution and to see if I could find replacement parts. My better solution, 2 in 1 epoxy with some wall patch mesh, didn't hold up very long. I did find a pair of PS headphones on Ebay that were bricked for $27 ($15+shipping) and figured I could harvest those parts and have some spares. After I spend 10 minutes removing screws and trying to get the pieces separated I decide maybe looking for instructions wouldn't be a bad idea. My initial google search just returns a bunch of "easy fix for bricked Turtle Beach Gen 2s" and then downloaded a recovery app to re-write the flash memory and now I have a $27 pair of PS headphones and am gonna go back to see if I can the xbox pair better. If I can use these for work & pc games the others won't be as stressed. Just got to figure out how to access the mic on because that never worked on the xbox pair either.

highme fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Detective No. 27 posted:

You know that episode of Seinfeld where they spend the whole time looking for the car in the mall parking garage and when they finally find it the battery is dead?

In Forza H5, I won a car horn called "Slappin' Da Bass" in a Wheelspin. While on my way to the horn menu, I thought, "please be the Seinfeld riff" and sure as poo poo, it's the Seinfeld riff.