Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Eternals had a full plot leak 6+ months ago.

that's fair I completely forgot about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Finally saw Eternals. Was fine, no idea why people were so upset.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

CommaToes posted:

Finally saw Eternals. Was fine, no idea why people were so upset.

It's a Marvel movie. So automatically BAD.

(There's already people making GBS threads on Spider-man, a movie with a character everyone loves, just in case you are curious),

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those drat critics, always hating on the MCU.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I haven't seen the Eternals yet but I assume it's two hours of people in overdesigned costumes standing loftily on a beach having ponderous dialogue with each other

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Desperado Bones posted:

It's a Marvel movie. So automatically BAD.

(There's already people making GBS threads on Spider-man, a movie with a character everyone loves, just in case you are curious),

TBF the Dr ock name joke was terrible

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I'm of the opinion one should never declare a film great, terrible or anything without having seen it. Increasingly it feels like people make up their minds about films way in advance of stepping into a cinema and I think that's a bad inclination. The hype build up is partly to blame, you're invited to engage with films way before release, but it seems like the idea of going into the film with an open mind is getting increasingly rare

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

LETS SCOOBY DO THIS poo poo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I mean it's just a repeat of the "I'm Peter Parker." "I'm Dr. Strange." "Oh, we're using our made up names now" joke.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
does this mean marvel thinks the shelf life of eternals has already ended lol

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1461363793557004300?s=20

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

I think it means they're just well aware anyone who cares about the post credits scene knows what it is already

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Aphrodite posted:

Those drat critics, always hating on the MCU.

I'm talking about film Twitter, that's a bunch of weirdos with an angry opinion. But sorry for not hating a movie I haven't seen and pointing out a thing I've seen around social media. I guess.

Mr Hootington posted:

It was dumb, but then I like dumb stuff at times.

They better have Venom in a truck as a cleanse palate.

Karloff posted:

I'm of the opinion one should never declare a film great, terrible or anything without having seen it. Increasingly it feels like people make up their minds about films way in advance of stepping into a cinema and I think that's a bad inclination. The hype build up is partly to blame, you're invited to engage with films way before release, but it seems like the idea of going into the film with an open mind is getting increasingly rare

Yeah. :same:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
https://twitter.com/CMWAshby/status/1461022264078610435

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

I think it means they're just well aware anyone who cares about the post credits scene knows what it is already

I'm not devastated or anything but I would have liked to have seen that at the end of the movie and not from a tweet. Feel like that's actually one of the more interesting post-credits scenes they've done! It's got a dual WTF of the casting decision and the choice to use that character after the date rape drugs arguments of that She-Hulk storyline.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I had no idea who that was (the character or the actor) so it didn’t do much for me

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

Knave of Hearts????

Jack of Hearts confirmed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

I had no idea who that was (the character or the actor) so it didn’t do much for me

A bunch of people in the audience gasped when they said he was the brother of Thanos. I think that's a good hook to get people immediately interested in him.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

I mean it's just a repeat of the "I'm Peter Parker." "I'm Dr. Strange." "Oh, we're using our made up names now" joke.

one is a joke from marvel, one is a joke from sony, the latter probably didnt screen test that one to make sure it landed with the test audience

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel is responsible for both movies.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, the whole panic after Homecoming was resolved by "put Feige in charge"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The joke is slightly better if they are making fun of the Oct- part and for some reason that just wasn't included in the trailer. Or they're just Simpsons fans.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A good thread
https://mobile.twitter.com/that_mc/status/1459613123590066180

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Certainly responding to Katy's 'somebody always yells at me when I drive a bus' with ' somebody always yells at me when I drive a bus too' feels authentic.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Dawgstar posted:

Certainly responding to Katy's 'somebody always yells at me when I drive a bus' with ' somebody always yells at me when I drive a bus too' feels authentic.

That's Klev from Spider-man Homecoming

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

hiddenriverninja posted:

That's Klev from Spider-man Homecoming

I don't think you need to point out Klev. Everyone knows Klev. Hell I'm wearing my Klev t-shirt right now.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Love the shot they chose.

https://twitter.com/MCUStatus/status/1461802973324054537?s=20

Is he Whistler?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
God I hope so.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

This made the rounds around twitter a few days ago and I enjoyed Simu Liu replying to it

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kill All Cops posted:

This made the rounds around twitter a few days ago and I enjoyed Simu Liu replying to it

A lot of "review job accuracy in movies" series on YouTube are focused on like stuff like csi, fighter pilots, hacking, etc. but I would love one that showcased jobs like these.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

hiddenriverninja posted:

A lot of "review job accuracy in movies" series on YouTube are focused on like stuff like csi, fighter pilots, hacking, etc. but I would love one that showcased jobs like these.

"I'm a billionaire's personal driver, and I'll be pointing out how the Iron Man movies get Happy Hogan wrong"

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

Letterman used to do this. Mostly played for laughs, but the coroner segment was genuinely interesting and I'd totally watch more of the welder guy's reviews.
https://youtu.be/V5Ejqux2GzU

Esplanade fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 21, 2021

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

hiddenriverninja posted:

Her channel isn't frequently movie focused, but this video is: https://youtu.be/9ohis8hE9LM

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Kill All Cops posted:

one is a joke from marvel, one is a joke from sony, the latter probably didnt screen test that one to make sure it landed with the test audience

There’s a video on Tiktok that says they’re pretty sure it’s a dodge and they’re really talking to one of the other Peter Parkers. They noted that the backgrounds of both the Ock and Scooby Doo gang shots are kinda different.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Whistler was based on a black guy in the comics, right? Jamal Afari. Maybe they're hewing more comics accurate.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

theironjef posted:

Whistler was based on a black guy in the comics, right? Jamal Afari. Maybe they're hewing more comics accurate.

If they were to do that, Mahershala better darn well be working on his cockney accent. Hopefully he doesn't ask Don Cheadle for tips...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ironically the one case where Idris might've been the right call

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

They made fun of his name in the original movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YPD5gE8O-4

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Alhazred posted:

They made fun of his name in the original movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YPD5gE8O-4

That's a much better joke though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Do we know who Ted's playing in Dr Strange, by the way?