Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Caros posted:

If you burn down a city, presumably you're going to loving kill people. Fire is indeed hot.

Like you can be pissed about this case without thinking that the appropriate response is to go start fires.

Ok. Burn down the Kenosha PD and courts to the ground!!

Is that more acceptable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Pyromancer posted:

Only 10%-15% people polled thought he'd be found guilty, how are there so many of you here?
Probably about the same proportion, just because this was expected doesn't mean we can't get pissed about it

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Christmas posted:

Am I the only one who feels that right wingers just hate kids unless they’re their kind of racists or rapists or murderers?

Right wingers love useful idiots who are charming or youthful enough to get away with crimes for them.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The Judge rightfully deserves a lot of scorn for this, but we also have to remember that the jury almost always unanimously comes to this conclusion in cases like this, even in cases without a Judge as egregious as this case. In each of those instances, it would only take one juror to decide not to go along with it, but they never do.

Some people are happy, though.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1461760181482708998

Shut the gently caress up Glenn :fuckoff:

Can we please stop posting this clear opportunistic fascist fuckhead? Like what good does it serve to post reactionary dipshit hot takes?

Just slap his rear end with federal charges, fucker crossed state lines to commit violence

Also someone should REAAALLLY investigate that loving judge, because holy poo poo he should be thrown out

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Probably about the same proportion, just because this was expected doesn't mean we can't get pissed about it

Why are you pissed about it? If you watched the trial you'd have realized that it wasn't the egregious shooting spree the media and twitter initially made it out to be.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Pyromancer posted:

Only 10%-15% people polled thought he'd be found guilty, how are there so many of you here?

People having excellent reason to be cynical and assume this outcome doesn't mean they're happy about it

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

Why are you pissed about it? If you watched the trial you'd have realized that it wasn't the egregious shooting spree the media and twitter initially made it out to be.

Yeah, all he did was fantasize about killing black people and drive to another state to kill them and then killed someone, what's to be angry about?

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 19, 2021

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caros posted:

If you burn down a city, presumably you're going to loving kill people. Fire is indeed hot.

Like you can be pissed about this case without thinking that the appropriate response is to go start fires.
There were a hell of a lot of fires in Kenosha in 2020 and somehow the only person who killed anybody was Kyle Rittenhouse, so...

It's really loving annoying to me that the media describes protests with property damage as "violent". Like, yeah, I guess, technically, but do we not have a separate word for the kind of violence that doesn't, you know... injure people's bodies and kill them? Because that's what actual violence is to me, not burning down a fuckin' CVS. Sucks to be an insurance company, I guess; I hope their ability to pull in massive amounts of economic rent for not really doing anything is a consolation.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah, please don't cite Glenn Greenwald posts outside of the Right Wing thread. He's utter garbage at nearly everything.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mellow Seas posted:

All right, no worries, my eyes were just starting to roll a lot and I overreacted. I think the point was that there is a process for determining whether somebody has cause to be fired, and it was undertaken, and it found that DeJoy had covered his bases. Could Biden say "gently caress it" and fire him anyway? Sure - but he decided to do it through attrition and he's allowing that process to continue apace, by not reappointing the board members who supported DeJoy.
It was less a matter of "a process to determine if he could be fired was diligently undertaken and it found he's 100% aok great job, NOTHING WE CAN DO" and more "the Trump administration undertook a process to subvert ethics regulations and get a bunch of bullshit hallpasses to put a literal private logistics executive in charge of an SEO he wants to destroy". And the Biden administration is not really much better on the issues of putting executives with massive conflicts of interest in charge of departments they're drooling at the thought of controlling.

I am not convinced that if Biden fired him and DeJoy sued that it'd be impossible to show that he's bad at his job and ridiculously corrupt

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

Shut the gently caress up Glenn :fuckoff:

Can we please stop posting this clear opportunistic fascist fuckhead? Like what good does it serve to post reactionary dipshit hot takes?

I like seeing examples of Left US pundits going so far around the bend of contrarianism they wind up solidly pro-fascist.

Contrarianism is a lovely political basis.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Nah, kid went there to to be a violent little poo poo, murdered some one, then tripped and fell and murdered some more people who were trying to stop him from murdering people.

but he's white af so lol

edit: vvv Yeah but one group will go to jail and the other won't

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
The natural outgrowth of this is that both chuds and leftists alike will now bring firearms in even greater numbers to protests, leading to An Even Cooler Zone

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Why are you pissed about it? If you watched the trial you'd have realized that the story the jury heard was that it wasn't the egregious shooting spree the media and twitter initially made it out to be.

Fixed it for you

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, please don't cite Glenn Greenwald posts outside of the Right Wing thread. He's utter garbage at nearly everything.

He’s pretty smart. Why shouldn’t he be quoted?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

There are much more egregious and brazen injustices every single day in this country. Some kid not going to jail for defending himself from a group of people who were chasing him down and repeatedly attacking him is not one of them.

TGLT posted:

Nah, kid went there to to be a violent little poo poo, murdered some one, then tripped and fell and murdered some more people who were trying to stop him from murdering people.

but he's white af so lol

What actually happened was he went there to stand around with his gun, as he was legally allowed to in an open carry state, then he was attacked by a group of protestors and he defended himself. Trying to distort the facts won't change the evidence that's widely available.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

yeah, I mean why would anyone be pissed about this verdict. great question!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pyromancer posted:

He should have been found guilty but people were under no illusion he would be.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wild Horses posted:

He’s pretty smart. Why shouldn’t he be quoted?

Because he is constantly a white noise Right Wing pundit pretending to be Progressive.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I never saw what happened inaccurately reported on even in the early days.

I wasn't surprised all that much by the verdict because self-defense is a one way street in these kinds of trials. Rittenhouse is lucky that the third guy he shot wasn't a fellow demon or he would've never been on trial.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Guys can we please just not respond to the gloating pieces of poo poo that never post here but frantically kramer into the thread any time poo poo like this happens? Imagine hearing about a verdict this unjust and then rushing to rub it in the faces of people you don't even know on the internet. These people don't deserve the attention.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Wooo. Boy you all think this is bad. Wait until the McMichaels get off. The prosecution is doing a better job there, but uhhhh that jury isn't representative of poo poo.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rittenhouse is a loving bastard who previously claimed he wanted to shoot protesters and deliberately went there hoping to live out the conservative fantasy of shooting Anifa. Legally he was going to get off because the right of self defense in America is so broad that you can get away with poo poo like this.

Also highlights the good guy with a gun problem because it an active shooting no one knows who the good guy is.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The Judge rightfully deserves a lot of scorn for this, but we also have to remember that the jury almost always unanimously comes to this conclusion in cases like this, even in cases without a Judge as egregious as this case. In each of those instances, it would only take one juror to decide not to go along with it, but they never do.

Some people are happy, though.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1461760181482708998

Jesus christ Glenn Greenwald is a loving racist ghoul.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Guys can we please just not respond to the gloating pieces of poo poo that never post here but frantically kramer into the thread any time poo poo like this happens? Imagine hearing about a verdict this unjust and then rushing to rub it in the faces of people you don't even know on the internet. These people don't deserve the attention.
That dude literally hasn't posted once for 4 months and then shows up to talk about how justice was served

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
While I didn't expect him to be guilty on shooting the people jumping a guy in the street with a gun (don't do that ever goons), I thought they'd at least give him something symbolic on bringing an illegal gun into the state.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

What is, in your opinion, the appropriate response

Fire all of the state prosecutors involved with this case. They are 100% responsible for this verdict.

Mellow Seas posted:

There were a hell of a lot of fires in Kenosha in 2020 and somehow the only person who killed anybody was Kyle Rittenhouse, so...

Just because no one died from the fires in Kenosha doesn’t mean it’s not possible? It happened in Minneapolis last year…

Kalit fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 19, 2021

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Craptacular! posted:

While I didn't expect him to be guilty on shooting the people jumping a guy in the street with a gun (don't jump a guy in the street with a gun), I thought they'd at least give him something symbolic on bringing an illegal gun into the state.

That went out the window once they couldn't prove the gun crossed state lines.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

MadJackal posted:

I like seeing examples of Left US pundits going so far around the bend of contrarianism they wind up solidly pro-fascist.

Contrarianism is a lovely political basis.

But he's not left. He never was. Not remotely

Being anti-government doesn't make you left: for gently caress sake the Branch Davidians and Timothy McVeigh were anti-government.

If you read almost everything the shithead has ever wrote it's nationalist xenophobic drivel. Like, dude is famous for another person's bravery.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Vorik posted:

What actually happened was he went there to stand around with his gun, as he was legally allowed to in an open carry state, then he was attacked by a group of protestors and he defended himself. Trying to distort the facts won't change the evidence that's widely available.

All hail the glorious 2nd Amendment, our one true god, and His priests our beloved Thousand Dollar Murder Toys. Never shall they betray us or fail to protect us until a white teenager shoots us and then walks out of the courthouse to his Nazi Luncheon to organize his grave pissing party. Amen.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
All we need now are those chuds in Brunswick to get acquitted. loving yikes.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Here's a great unbiased video of the events if anyone has anyone questions about what happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYjG4uequWQ

Very clearly shows he wasn't just trying to kill everyone, only shooting the people actively attacking him.

Should he have been there, probably not since hes a 17 year old kid, but neither should the protesters. Legally he could be there with a gun though. The whole 'crossing state lines' thing is such a meme, he lived like 5-10minutes from the border, and 20-30minutes from Kenosha. His dad and grandparents lived there and I'm pretty sure he worked there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Kalit posted:

Fire all of the state prosecutors involved with this case. They are 100% responsible for this verdict.

I’m talking the appropriate response from the person on the street who does not have the power to fire all of the state prosecutors.

Please don’t say “vote!”

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Eric Cantonese posted:

That went out the window once they couldn't prove the gun crossed state lines.

Yeah i'm grouchy about that / the whole thing but as long as the intermediary buyer sticks to his story (which might even be a true story) that's a losing charge. That's also a problem for the feds. I don't have an enyclyopedic knowledge of federal criminal law so I don't offhand know other things they could nail him on.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Monaghan posted:

Rittenhouse is a loving bastard who previously claimed he wanted to shoot protesters and deliberately went there hoping to live out the conservative fantasy of shooting Anifa. Legally he was going to get off because the right of self defense in America is so broad that you can get away with poo poo like this.

Also highlights the good guy with a gun problem because it an active shooting no one knows who the good guy is.

I can only hope that this loving piece of rat poo poo steps up to the wrong kind of person in the worst way. Motherfucker should be in jail for a giant chunk of his loving life.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Vorik posted:

Wasn't it not his gun, and wasn't he not legally old enough to own a gun or some poo poo?

But sure, hope someone legally stands around near his house with a gun they legally own, noone better complain or do anything about that.

e: Didn't the judge also says the people killed couldn't be called victims, but then was okay with the defense calling them "looters"?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 19, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Very clearly shows he wasn't just trying to kill everyone, only shooting the people actively attacking him.

Should he have been there, probably not since hes a 17 year old kid, but neither should the protesters. Legally he could be there with a gun though. The whole 'crossing state lines' thing is such a meme, he lived like 5-10minutes from the border, and 20-30minutes from Kenosha. His dad and grandparents lived there and I'm pretty sure he worked there.

The second person he killed and third he shot had as much a self-defense claim as he did. They thought they were dealing with an active shooter.

Protestors are fine being there. He wasn't.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

but neither should the protesters.

are you loving serious right now?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Zotix posted:

Wooo. Boy you all think this is bad. Wait until the McMichaels get off. The prosecution is doing a better job there, but uhhhh that jury isn't representative of poo poo.

Ya this is a bigger case with a much less ambiguous set of crimes being prosecuted far more competently, with much clearer outcomes if they are acquitted. It’s going to be absolutely nuts in Atlanta if they are.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Even if the jury had ruled the other way, which wasn't likely since the judge disallowed any evidence pointing to his guilt, he still had that mistrial ruling in his pocket. That'd have probably come out if he was found guilty.

Whole thing is hosed, always has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oxyclean posted:

Wasn't it not his gun, and wasn't he not legally old enough to own a gun or some poo poo?

But sure, hope someone legally stands around near his house with a gun they legally own, noone better complain or do anything about that.

e: Didn't the judge also says the people killed couldn't be called victims, but then was okay with the defense calling them "looters"?

Afaik: Wisconsin gun laws have a very, very stupid loophole. Rittenhouse was not legally able to own a gun, but he could give an older Wisconsin friend money to purchase a gun, and the friend could then legally lend Rittenhouse the gun. It's notionally supposed to be a hunting and target shooting exemption. The wording of the law is Bad.