Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Looking at SPERG it doesn't use any external DLL's which gives me hope it will work on AE when the SKSE is done without someone needing to re-port it. Someone tell me if I'm wrong. It does use skill uncapper which has external DLL's but that's a much less obscure mod and will hopefully get updated because the source code is public and the latest version of the mod was released in March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I think you need skse to use the sperg menu

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Midnight Voyager posted:

The serial killer trying to spread his craft!

It's really easy to find a follower that you like and just stick with them, and never actually explore to see if you like any of the other potential followers.

Death solves that issue.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Rainbow Knight posted:

I think you need skse to use the sperg menu

Which is why I said when SKSE is updated.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i miss the sexy follower mod that I think might have been goon made, that had poo poo like a skeleton or a ghost, but they have the teen girl voice files.

edit: also the mod disbaling I did for the qwest list fixed my complaints. I went to halsted stream mine to kill a bandit leader. Every game had maybe a dozen bandits in there, with half as many spawning behind me after defeating the first bunch. This time there were about a five, including the two you encounter before the excavation room with the fire pots and transmutation spell books.

Going heavy armor, conjured sword and destruction

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 17, 2021

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

Zodack posted:

I've never played Skyrim using followers before so I've been unaware of their quirks - are there any mods that generally improve them? I realized I can't tell them "hey use this armor/equip" and the interaction so far has been flavorful but minimal. I've got some mod for increased follower interaction but honestly that might be a Hearthfire thing and also be one of those weird stitched-together dialogue mods.

Nether's Follower Framework is by far the best from the ones I've tried.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Gadfly posted:

Nether's Follower Framework is by far the best from the ones I've tried.

Yeah, NFF is the best and most comprehensive follower management mod out there, but I have a hard time fully recommending it anymore because Nether was one of the mod authors who ripped their stuff down from the Nexus is a huff after the rule change was announced, following Arthmoor and others' lead, and the first site they turned to to rehost it was one loaded to the gills with creepy child follower mods.

They later put the mod back on Nexus and issued a lengthy mia culpa on Reddit for their actions, but their reputation is now kinda thoroughly stained in a lot of people's eyes.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, NFF is the best and most comprehensive follower management mod out there, but I have a hard time fully recommending it anymore because Nether was one of the mod authors who ripped their stuff down from the Nexus is a huff after the rule change was announced, following Arthmoor and others' lead, and the first site they turned to to rehost it was one loaded to the gills with creepy child follower mods.

They later put the mod back on Nexus and issued a lengthy mia culpa on Reddit for their actions, but their reputation is now kinda thoroughly stained in a lot of people's eyes.

If only there was anything that does all the right stuff out there that wasn't NFF. All the suggested replacements that are still around just don't cover the parts I want/use.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I used *checks mod folder* EFF (Extensible Follower Framework) and that worked fine for me. Not sure what you want out of a follower mod this does (not) have compared to NFF though.

Burns
May 10, 2008

The unpatcher worked brilliantly for me. Thanks.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

orcane posted:

I used *checks mod folder* EFF (Extensible Follower Framework) and that worked fine for me. Not sure what you want out of a follower mod this does (not) have compared to NFF though.

That one hasn't been touched since 2018 and it made my followers nude for some reason. Saw a bunch of reports of a similar bug that just haven't been replied to.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ah, fair.

My Skyrim SE installation is frozen in time from almost two years ago so that was less egregious then :D

Atheris
Apr 4, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

That one hasn't been touched since 2018 and it made my followers nude for some reason. Saw a bunch of reports of a similar bug that just haven't been replied to.

It's a Skyrim mod. Are you sure it wasn't working as designed?

Unrelated, I installed SE recently and thought about adding SPERG, but the mod comments mentioned some broken scripts causing a lot of lag, which might explain some problems I had when I used it on OldRim- really long delays on any kind of scripted triggers. Or maybe not, anyone have any problems with it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm doing the Final Descent quest and it dropped a draugr overlord on me at level 12 with an ebony sword. Then a second dragr overlord was present and it shouted at me, disarming me and throwing my ebony sword who knows where. Now I'm literally on my hands and knees, since I'm in VR, trying to find where it landed

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
RIP Qwest modlist.

The one they're promoting to take it's place is for higher end systems so it's a good thing I was able to fix my issues with the mod list.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Leal posted:

I'm doing the Final Descent quest and it dropped a draugr overlord on me at level 12 with an ebony sword. Then a second dragr overlord was present and it shouted at me, disarming me and throwing my ebony sword who knows where. Now I'm literally on my hands and knees, since I'm in VR, trying to find where it landed

lol
there's a mod Disarmless that stops draugr from using that shout but idk if it works on vr.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Atheris posted:

Unrelated, I installed SE recently and thought about adding SPERG, but the mod comments mentioned some broken scripts causing a lot of lag, which might explain some problems I had when I used it on OldRim- really long delays on any kind of scripted triggers. Or maybe not, anyone have any problems with it?

My understanding is SPERG's implementation of a weapon attack speed fix will eventually cause papyrus stack dumping. A lot of older, unmaintained mod methodologies have been superseded by better implementations

persistent OnMagicEffectApply cloak effects -> SPID distribution of the magiceffect to lighten papyrus load
weapon reach fix -> patching of animations via Nemesis
weapon attack speed fix -> patching of animations via Nemesis
DAR - dynamic animation replacement
everything powerofthree puts out
etc

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Thought I had bugged out NFF because after installing on an old save I couldn't find Lydia. Come to find out if you dismiss her a ways away from Whiterun she'll walk in real time back to Dragonsreach. Huh.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ok so I've managed to get a decent handle on SPID now. I'm testing distribution of the CC Netch Leather armor and Dragonborn Bonemold/Chitin armors to all Dunmer Bandits in Skyrim above level 5 (at a very low chance, currently it's 5%, which is effectively far less than 5% considering that Dunmer are only a small portion of potential races for bandits). I don't want to overkill and make EVERY Dunmer bandit wear this poo poo, I just want it there for flavor.

So far, it works. I've tested it by spawning bandits in the qasmoke test cell, and only the Dunmer are showing up with chitin, netch, or bonemold. SPID is neat.

I'm also trying to do the same thing with weapons and armors from Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. Similarly low chances, but I'd like to see those things show up more frequently in the base game. Since SPID does this dynamically, without touching any records... it should be pretty seamless? Maybe? I dunno, I have to try it out in a playthrough.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Found it :argh:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

New mod on the nexus

quote:

For generations, the legend of Slender Man has been used in Falkreath to scare naughty children, teaching them not to disobey their parents. Stories of a tall, pale gaunt creature that kidnaps children in the forest, which are never seen again. But every legend has a grain of truth, and it can be far more macabre than a simple child-eating monster.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/58567

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Expected tits with dicks for nipples, got slenderman.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Gonkish posted:

Expected tits with dicks for nipples, got slenderman.

Oh, there's definitely a giant dong in one of those pics.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
I installed Bethesda's Creation Kit on my AE installation. Is there any way to use that install to work on SE files in an another installation? Do I need to create another (portable somehow?) installation of Bethesda.net and CK just to open and save one wonky FNIS spell animation?

CK is set to open any .esp file but opening one in the SE installation auto-loads all the AE .esms and says it won't save to the SE directory I opened from.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gyoru posted:

My understanding is SPERG's implementation of a weapon attack speed fix will eventually cause papyrus stack dumping. A lot of older, unmaintained mod methodologies have been superseded by better implementations

persistent OnMagicEffectApply cloak effects -> SPID distribution of the magiceffect to lighten papyrus load
weapon reach fix -> patching of animations via Nemesis
weapon attack speed fix -> patching of animations via Nemesis
DAR - dynamic animation replacement
everything powerofthree puts out
etc

Hm, is there a way to clean that out? Seems like a good thing to make a patch for.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Powerofthree is some kind of insane coding god, the poo poo the man puts out is just nuts. SPID is crazy powerful.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

So I might keep Interesting NPCs despite occasional annoyances with it because it seems like a pain to pull out of this mod list. My biggest annoyance, really, is encountering some of those NPCs that are in places like homes and shops and they never seem to move or go to bed. First example that comes to mind is a guy hanging around Radiant Raiments at 2am as I'm trying to steal everything that's not a static JK uses to taunt me. He just stood there staring while I snuck around display cases until I got annoyed enough that I disabled him, despite him apparently being part of some quest or another. Is this a case of some incompatibility with JKs interior that the list doesn't address, or does he really just stand around 24/7 waiting for some thief to shiv him in the night?

Pondering swapping Wildcat out for Blade and Blunt. I saw folks in here praising it, what's the big draw for that one?

edit: and does it play well with Ordinator?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kartikeya posted:

So I might keep Interesting NPCs despite occasional annoyances with it because it seems like a pain to pull out of this mod list. My biggest annoyance, really, is encountering some of those NPCs that are in places like homes and shops and they never seem to move or go to bed. First example that comes to mind is a guy hanging around Radiant Raiments at 2am as I'm trying to steal everything that's not a static JK uses to taunt me. He just stood there staring while I snuck around display cases until I got annoyed enough that I disabled him, despite him apparently being part of some quest or another. Is this a case of some incompatibility with JKs interior that the list doesn't address, or does he really just stand around 24/7 waiting for some thief to shiv him in the night?

Pondering swapping Wildcat out for Blade and Blunt. I saw folks in here praising it, what's the big draw for that one?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35910

I think you might need this. (for the record, I don't know that exact person's itinerary, but I do know that there's patches for JK's interiors and Interesting NPCs, so it may be caused by that. And I definitely do know other characters have schedules!)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I installed Bethesda's Creation Kit on my AE installation. Is there any way to use that install to work on SE files in an another installation? Do I need to create another (portable somehow?) installation of Bethesda.net and CK just to open and save one wonky FNIS spell animation?

CK is set to open any .esp file but opening one in the SE installation auto-loads all the AE .esms and says it won't save to the SE directory I opened from.

So in lieu of an elegant solution I uninstalled CK from my AE install and moved it to SE. It's inconvenient but fortunately I'm not switching back and forth between the two a lot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-1JWlpHJKY

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Have a screenshot. Found this badass stormcloak who was the last woman standing on a pile of bodies.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Wiltsghost posted:

Have a screenshot. Found this badass stormcloak who was the last woman standing on a pile of bodies.

Which mod is giving you the thinner compass bar?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Midnight Voyager posted:

Hm, is there a way to clean that out? Seems like a good thing to make a patch for.
I found out about SPERG's issues when I was messing with Vokriinator Black (combines every perk mod into something unplayable) a few months ago

I haven't used SPERG for a playthrough since oldrim, but disabling the weapon speed option in the MCM should do the trick unless your save is already bugged with it

kartikeya posted:

Blade and Blunt works with everything. Wildcat and Blade and Blunt do similar things in terms of modifying enemy AI - just different values. Wildcat has more scripted stuff like timed blocking that's better implemented in newer mods

I don't like most of SimonMagus's stuff because it's too vanilla plus for me, but I do use Blade and Blunt + Arena together

Arena is a modern encounter zone overhaul and is the recommended one over older ones

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Burns posted:

Which mod is giving you the thinner compass bar?

I think this is one of the SkyHUD defaults

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Zodack posted:

Thought I had bugged out NFF because after installing on an old save I couldn't find Lydia. Come to find out if you dismiss her a ways away from Whiterun she'll walk in real time back to Dragonsreach. Huh.

I stick all my waifus thanes in the museum safehose from LOTD. NFF has a pretty straightforward system for that. Now that I am not using ordinator it is useful to bring lydia along as something other than a pack mule.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

aers saves the day

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qwvhx0/enginefixes_ae_beta/

Burns
May 10, 2008

Tankbuster posted:

I stick all my waifus thanes in the museum safehose from LOTD. NFF has a pretty straightforward system for that. Now that I am not using ordinator it is useful to bring lydia along as something other than a pack mule.

There is a mod on nexus that changes lydia's voice actor with tons more dialogue which is good.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

It's funny how quickly we went from "this is never going to happen" to "here's a beta".

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Ran the best of both worlds patcher and lol now I can't use the WASD keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I was selected for the beta of Nexus' new "Collections" feature. They are very explicit that modders can't opt out of their mods being included. I'm not sure if I'll actually try any of them because it (obviously) uses their Vortex as a mod organizer, but I might. I have decent enough internet that re-installing Skyrim isn't too much of a hassle.