Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The DUP are the reason the Tories were able to prop up their minority government and keep their lovely version of Brexit on the table over something more reasonable. The pro Brexit voters in Northern Ireland are real and the way the current UK government is playing games with Northern Ireland's relationship with the EU is already stirring back up sectarian tensions, because it directly jeopardises the Good Friday agreement. Buses have been hijacked and set on fire in the last two weeks. Simplifying it down to the vote went this way therefore all of Northern Ireland is pro EU is reductive as gently caress was my point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/1900hotdog/status/1461680670103715847?s=21

As bad as you think this book is the article shows it being worse

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

The DUP are the reason the Tories were able to prop up their minority government and keep their lovely version of Brexit on the table over something more reasonable. The pro Brexit voters in Northern Ireland are real and the way the current UK government is playing games with Northern Ireland's relationship with the EU is already stirring back up sectarian tensions, because it directly jeopardises the Good Friday agreement. Buses have been hijacked and set on fire in the last two weeks. Simplifying it down to the vote went this way therefore all of Northern Ireland is pro EU is reductive as gently caress was my point.

For gently caress’s sake

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

bobjr posted:

https://twitter.com/1900hotdog/status/1461680670103715847?s=21

As bad as you think this book is the article shows it being worse

Holy poo poo, so much worse.

Some advice:
Don't stare at their tits
Look for loners
Don't try to 'slay the level 99 dragon' if you're fugly, instead, 'get some slimes under your belt' (actual quotes)

Also using the word 'traps' in loving 2021.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tsaedje posted:

Who pissed in your lucky charms

https://twitter.com/DefectivePigg/status/1461204525386244100

It's true it's fuckign bullshti

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Tsaedje posted:

Lol, great stuff.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Tsaedje posted:

most people are clear on votes not usually being unanimous. i don't think anyone claimed a pro-eu majority in NI would mean peaceful reunification either. it'd be hosed, but it already is becoming hosed no matter what thanks to the government holding a referendum wherein one option was wholly incompatible with good friday.
you phrased what you were saying badly. you don't need to be ignorant of the troubles to see that things may have to change regardless of the threat to peace

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Literally nothing is ever unanimous so this is all rather pointless

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Seems pretty unanimous that that was a lovely post!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MohanadElshieky/status/1461584090109550595

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/musicstruggles1/status/1461392535113322496

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

:drat:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
wait, wrong album

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/andrewkober/status/1461680835480932363

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
plz don't make sweeping statements about poor little northern ireland, and also here's why all the welsh are scum and should be shot

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's because they use "w" as a vowel

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

Look, our alphabet is fluid like gender. It does what it wants, and we're all here for it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I just let loose an enormous Christmas fart

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

That'll be $0.99

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

zoux posted:

The Welsh language is cool. I will defend to the severe inconvenience all languages of those oppressed by the English.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Regarde Aduck posted:

plz don't make sweeping statements about poor little northern ireland, and also here's why all the welsh are scum and should be shot

Never trust a language with so few vowels*

*shut up I know

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

zoux posted:

But it is a vowel. Two vowels in fact

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's another thing, it shoul dbe called double v.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

But it is a vowel. Two vowels in fact

Am I missing something about how you're using the word vowel here because I'm not a phonetics dude but I would think that a double vowel would mean it was a dipthong rather than a glide

zoux posted:

:hai:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I don't care where you dip your thong, double u = double u :colbert:

zoux posted:

maybe if you're some kind of German

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I don't care where you dip your thong, double u = double u :colbert:

Oh my god I'm dumb as poo poo lmao

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4c54rCJ_k

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Brilliantly handled by that DJ, wow.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The Welsh language is cool. I will defend to the severe inconvenience all languages of those oppressed by the English.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/17/its-cultural-genocide-by-bank-transfer-the-welsh-speakers-campaigning-against-second-homes

Ffred Ffransis, a leading member of the pressure group Cymdeithas yr Iaith Gymraeg (the Welsh Language Society), said the problem was being turbo-charged by the “flight” from cities caused by Covid, while Brexit was prompting people who might have bought second homes in France or Spain to plump for Wales instead.

Ffransis said: “All these trends have wiped out the housing market for local people in many areas and we are witnessing population shifts at a level probably never seen anywhere in peacetime. There is growing evidence that no Welsh-speaking communities will be left within a decade. It is cultural genocide by bank transfer.”

I should probably crosspost this to the Schadenfreude thread, because you know, Brexit. Also, I totally glanced over that name the first time I read that article.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/Sisslethecat/status/1461768700680450049?t=_EFLAUtfKWamBBOvurrQvQ&s=19

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Frank Frank posted:

so that's where this yule log came from.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Zetsubou-san posted:

Ho Ho Ho

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

already gone

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zetsubou-san posted:

You joke, but there's Caga tió

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Memento posted:

already gone

Can't remember it verbatim but it was something like "The TSA agent said I had nice shoes then waved me through, these sneakers are so great they outweigh having a name like Mohanad in airport security."

I'm sure the replies were uniformly complimentary and civil.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
He had reissued Jordan’s or Airforce Ones or something. I didn’t read the replies because lol Twitter

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

The text is still showing up for me

quote:

TSA agent said he really liked my Jordan 1s and was like “you’re good man, no need to take them off” and not to brag, but do you know how nice your sneakers need to be to offset the name Mohanad at an airport security check?

— Mohanad Elshieky (@MohanadElshieky) November 19, 2021

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I had a buddy in college a few years after 911 that had the same name as some dude on the terrorist playing card set. He was born in Canada and maybe a bit young by a few decades to be a Taliban leader or wedding guest, but every time he crossed into the US he'd show them his birth certificate and recent mail and they always lit up like they captures fukken bin laden. Happened on the way home too but the Canadian border pigs would apparently just hold him for a couple hours and let him go.

He always had fly rear end kicks but I don't think that helped much.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Cocaine Bear posted:

He always had fly rear end kicks but I don't think that helped much.

Those shoes are the only reason he wasn't incarcerated on the spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

2 pages back but these were really nice, thanks!