Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Ajax 99 posted:

Thanks to the goon who mentioned checking Best Buy's Black Friday sales. Because of that I got a chat agent from their website to get me a $100 refund on the Pixel 6 I bought two weeks ago.

Speaking of...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-pixel-6-128gb-unlocked-sorta-seafoam/6483641.p?skuId=6483641

Anyone on the fence, Best Buy has the Pixel 6 (not the pro, tho) on sale right now for $499.

(post added to Coupons and Deals)

The page for Stormy Black vanished, loving up my ability to get $100 from Target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax 99
Jul 14, 2006
Kibbles 'n bits? I think not!
Buglord

TheScott2K posted:

The page for Stormy Black vanished, loving up my ability to get $100 from Target

It did on me too, I had to switch it to the seafoam...but...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-pixel-6-128gb-unlocked-stormy-black/6483635.p?skuId=6483635

Stormy Black seems to be back, at least for the moment.

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
If you guys want some thin cases, enter the search term “ pc matte ” into like eBay or something along with the phone you have.
Not much drop protection but it cuts down on case bulk.

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

What's the best way to block spam calls? I've got an android phone on Verizon. It looks like there used to be a built in feature that let you block whole area codes but that has since been removed. Should I get one of the paid apps? Is one of them generally recommended? I'm seriously about to just turn off incoming calls on my phone entirely.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Check and see if Verizon has something akin to what my carrier calls Call Control. Incoming callers have to listen for a single number and dial it to get through, and I haven't had a single robo call since enabling it

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Sous Videodrome posted:

What's the best way to block spam calls? I've got an android phone on Verizon. It looks like there used to be a built in feature that let you block whole area codes but that has since been removed. Should I get one of the paid apps? Is one of them generally recommended? I'm seriously about to just turn off incoming calls on my phone entirely.

the verizon option still exists, under a subscription that you have to pay for (lol). if you have a pixel you can just use the phone app spam blocking

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Pixel Stand 2nd generation is up for pre-order now, ships next month.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

bull3964 posted:

Pixel Stand 2nd generation is up for pre-order now, ships next month.

Thanks, preordered!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Who makes the smart hub that locks into a qi charger? Lenovo?

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
We got a lot of haters here, but I still love my stupid Duo and will probably get a Duo 2 if it goes on ultra discount like the first one did.

Embrace the dual screen life and you took can shitpost on SA while watching terrible videos on YouTube...

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Adjectivist Philosophy fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 18, 2021

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
e: nvm there's an app thread my bad

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Just got 100bux back from Target price matching Best Buy for the Pixel 6 I bought last week. Thanks, thread!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

CLAM DOWN posted:

Thanks, preordered!

Same went ahead and got two. Presumably this version of wireless charging will outlast one phone.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Will the new pixel stand only do extra fast charge on Pixel 6 line? Like say a future Samsung has faster wireless charging, would it support it or is it proprietary stuff?

Edit: answered my own question, looks like 15w for everything else.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 18, 2021

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

TheScott2K posted:

I find it encourages them to keep calling.

Yeah I can't see myself actually using it, and the phone app seems very good at snipping off spam calls before I even have a chance to answer

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Skarsnik posted:

Yeah I can't see myself actually using it, and the phone app seems very good at snipping off spam calls before I even have a chance to answer

The one time I tried using it, the person said "Hello? Hello? Hello? Is anyone there? Hello?", hung up, and called again.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I've started to see some spam calls hang up right after "the person you've called is using a screening service from Google".

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Will the new pixel stand only do extra fast charge on Pixel 6 line? Like say a future Samsung has faster wireless charging, would it support it or is it proprietary stuff?

Edit: answered my own question, looks like 15w for everything else.

It's 15w EPP.

Samsung uses PPDE for wireless charging (proprietary extension on top of Qi).

I would not expect more than 5w out of this charger with Samsung phones.

It's possible that they also put PPDE on it, but I wouldn't back on it.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 19, 2021

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bull3964 posted:

It's 15w EPP.

Samsung uses PPDE for wireless charging (proprietary extension on top of Qi).

I would not expect more than 5w out of this charger with Samsung phones.

It's possible that they also put PPDE on it, but I wouldn't back on it.

That sux. I thought Qi winning the wireless charging wars was supposed to end the compatibility issues.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have an Iphone 8 and was thinking of switching to the lastest Pixel 6 Pro, has anyone else gone from Iphone to Pixel and how was it?

I’ve always had an Iphone, never used an Android phone

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

bowmore posted:

I have an Iphone 8 and was thinking of switching to the lastest Pixel 6 Pro, has anyone else gone from Iphone to Pixel and how was it?

I’ve always had an Iphone, never used an Android phone

I went iPhone 6S to Pixel 2 and it was a super seamless transition. I'd imagine it'd be the same now

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sweet, the pixel 6 pro looks good and it’s $30 cheaper a month than the Iphone 13 Pro

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
I recently switched back to Pixel after a few years on iphone. Super simple move, definitely don't regret it.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

I have a Pixel 6 Pro and I'm noticing a weird issue. When I get a notification the Messages app and I click on the "Reply" button I get prompted to unlock my phone but once I do I get sent into the phone without the ability to reply. What's happened in the past is that I would click Reply, unlock my phone, and then I would stay on the lock screen and have the ability to reply to the text. Is there a setting I'm missing that's preventing this?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Ochowie posted:

I have a Pixel 6 Pro and I'm noticing a weird issue. When I get a notification the Messages app and I click on the "Reply" button I get prompted to unlock my phone but once I do I get sent into the phone without the ability to reply. What's happened in the past is that I would click Reply, unlock my phone, and then I would stay on the lock screen and have the ability to reply to the text. Is there a setting I'm missing that's preventing this?

This happens to me too and I find I have to open the notifications to then be able to reply. It's kind of weird and brokenish.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
If you change the unlock style to not go directly home it'll probably work how you want.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
For those who hate the Android 12's wifi toggle, there is a solution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGmLr8eLxv8

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

withoutclass posted:

If you change the unlock style to not go directly home it'll probably work how you want.

That’s the thing, I don’t see an option for that on the Pixel 6 Pro. Am I missing it somewhere?

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

Ochowie posted:

That’s the thing, I don’t see an option for that on the Pixel 6 Pro. Am I missing it somewhere?

I think it's Display->Lockscreen->skip lock screen.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Is there any reason I should really want the s22 over the 21?

I'm not as much of a phone nerd as I used to be, and if that changes I'll actually need a second phone soon enough anyways for work so.

But if there's like a real sincere reason that the next generation is already known to be worth waiting for I might consider it but from what I can tell there's really not enough known yet?

I'm just curious if I'm looking in the wrong places and somebody here might know better. I'm considering the s21 ultra so that I can use the pen as I mentioned before. So I guess unless there's like a really big change coming I think I'll pull the trigger while I can get a really nice price and this phone still works enough as turn in

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

We know every little about the S22 so it's really hard to say one way or another.

There are a ton of wildcards. We don't know what the next qualcomm chipset will bring yet. We don't even know if Samsung will use Qualcomm across the board now that they are integrating RDNA2 into Exynos. We don't know the price-points yet.

One thing that does seem certain is that the S22 Ultra will have onboard pen storage and be more like a Galaxy Note. So, if SPen support is important to you, it seems like a no-brainer to wait for that so you can have a stowed pen to carry everywhere rather than an add on pen that you have to manage as an accessory.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

withoutclass posted:

I think it's Display->Lockscreen->skip lock screen.

Yep don't have that option or anything like it.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

Ochowie posted:

Yep don't have that option or anything like it.

Hrm, maybe unique to face unlock. Sorry.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I have a Pixel 5. This download notification thing is new in Android 12. I hate it and if you swipe it away it comes back. How do I get rid of it forever?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I have a Pixel 5. This download notification thing is new in Android 12. I hate it and if you swipe it away it comes back. How do I get rid of it forever?

I've never seen that before. Is that a Chrome or system popup??

UncleButts
Sep 25, 2003

pure of heart
dumb of ass

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Looks like the system app Download Manager. I had to turn off notifications for that app from a bug once (it kept notifying for the same files endlessly)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I hate my phone, what's the good android to get? I prefer on the larger side and under $800

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Vim Fuego posted:

I hate my phone, what's the good android to get? I prefer on the larger side and under $800

Pixel 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

:hai: