Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Take the money and run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Already done. So lame though. I would rather have a fun new car than One Extra Mortgage Payment but whatever, there will be cars for sale again in 2024

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Your mortgage payment is 8000 dollars?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Everything about you gets weirder with every post my mate. I love it

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

:eyepop:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
KH, sell Gadget your Aston so he can spend that $8k on an oil change.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Wait until you find out what the property taxes are!

Chris, did you sell the house before the taxes were due, or???

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Keyser_Soze posted:

KH, sell Gadget your Aston so he can spend that $8k on an oil change.

You can get like 12 oil changes for that!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Alarbus posted:

Wait until you find out what the property taxes are!

Chris, did you sell the house before the taxes were due, or???

Oh man, I sold THAT house a couple months ago. Property taxes get prorated and reimbursed at closing, but the thing I was worried about was if the newly assessed value (it was going to lose a HUGE tax exemption) would make the house worth less. Not my problem anymore!!!!

Now I live in a really cool townhouse that has no yard to take care of and the building envelope is Everybody's problem instead of just mine :hellyeah:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Cojawfee posted:

Your mortgage payment is only 8000 dollars?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Pushed back 2 weeks to Early December production :toot:

Apparently they're stripping everything out of these drat cars, haha

Touch screens, parking assistant, ACC, Harmon Kardon sound systems

Thank you mister dealer for this gift of $8k and we will try again some day maybe probably
There's a bunch of threads on Bimmerpost about M440s being delivered with manual seats along with pretty much all the options stripped out.

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I have a deposit down for both a M3 and CT4V blackwing, I feel like no matter which one I end up getting I'll have a lifelong "what if" for the other vehicle. Life is hard

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

How the hell did you get an allocation for a blackwing?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My dad just nabbed a CT5 blackwing and it is very cool and fun

The literal black wing looks dumb tho

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Pushed back 2 weeks to Early December production :toot:

Apparently they're stripping everything out of these drat cars, haha

Touch screens, parking assistant, ACC, Harmon Kardon sound systems

Thank you mister dealer for this gift of $8k and we will try again some day maybe probably

All possible parts are getting shunted to GSP for SUVs to the point I'm surprised they can even cobble together a car in Germany.

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive

KillHour posted:

How the hell did you get an allocation for a blackwing?

Called around and found a dealership that doesn’t do markups about 1 month ago and they contacted me this week as they received 4 build slots, who knows how many months it’ll take though (their rough estimate is dec or Jan build, arrival up to 4 weeks after, so probably 2x that)

If you are interested, there’s a Cadillac forum that lists dealers not marking up

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Already done. So lame though. I would rather have a fun new car than One Extra Mortgage Payment but whatever, there will be cars for sale again in 2024

I'll sell you my m2

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I see my old M2 a lot!! The guy who bought it put tons and tons of plastic crap on it, and also he put rondel "spinners" on the wheels. The BMW icons at the center of each wheel are always motionless while the car's in motion

And at stop lights they bounce back and forth like little blue and white metronomes

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Look what they did to my boy

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I see my old M2 a lot!! The guy who bought it put tons and tons of plastic crap on it, and also he put rondel "spinners" on the wheels. The BMW icons at the center of each wheel are always motionless while the car's in motion

And at stop lights they bounce back and forth like little blue and white metronomes

Does he at least wear the gloves?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

The gloves are mine

Oh gosh good heavens I didn't realize there was such sound financial advice in the corner of that image

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Out of interest I looked at the country's BMW website and searched for all new vehicles in stock in the country right now, literally all X-model cars. Not a single hatch or sedan or wagon etc. Plenty 2nd hand or demo, but no new ones.

https://onlinestore.bmw.co.nz/#/stock-locator

No idea if this is due to the car shortage and everyone has bought up all their non-SUV stock or if they just don't bother importing any stock cars that aren't SUVs.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Got the email to go ahead and configure my I4 pre-order.

Think I'm going to stick with the base model instead of the m sport, mostly for some added range and because I looked it up and my Mazda 6 on paper has a 0-60 of 7.9 seconds and it still feels peppy enough for me, so doing it in 5.5 seconds should be more than enough to get a thrill when I'm merging onto the highway.

Build right now is:

-Alpine white with the blue accents
-Cognac real leather with the heating and ventilation package
-Driver assist and HUD
-$100 for the Hans Zimmer Engine Noise upgrade
-B&W premium sound system

Are there any real crucial add-ons I'm missing out on? Are the laser light LED headlights that cool?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You're paying almost 70k after taxes and reg for a car with a 5.5s 0-60? Why? That's M2 moneys.

Edit: everything else aside, those wheels are hideous wtf.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 20, 2021

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Cuz I want an electric 4door?? What a dumbass comparison to make

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Blackhawk posted:

Out of interest I looked at the country's BMW website and searched for all new vehicles in stock in the country right now, literally all X-model cars. Not a single hatch or sedan or wagon etc. Plenty 2nd hand or demo, but no new ones.

https://onlinestore.bmw.co.nz/#/stock-locator

No idea if this is due to the car shortage and everyone has bought up all their non-SUV stock or if they just don't bother importing any stock cars that aren't SUVs.

They're building record amounts of SUVs because they print money then build the cars with what's left over, which isn't much.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Jymmybob posted:

They're building record amounts of SUVs because they print money then build the cars with what's left over, which isn't much.

I just don't get who's buying an X5M for like $200k+ NZD?? There's one down the other end of my street and I see a lot of Cayennes around too. So much money for a high-performance car that has had the handling compromised for the sake of a larger body and more ground clearance for people who will never go off-road. I get that there are reasons people want the SUV form factor, that people want to have their cake and eat it too and car manufactures are more than happy to churn them out because they're more profitable, just boggles my mind how totally they've taken over.

I think SUV domination is less obvious here because the vast majority of cars on the road are older used Japanese imports which are more frequently sedans or hatchbacks, and we don't really have the big trucks that the US has either. That said, I do see a shitload of fully loaded Ford rangers rolling around the suburbs (which are a huge ute by standards here) driven by people who literally never put anything in the back or go off road.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
No one is lusting after a fast SUV, people that buy it are just wealthy and don't really care how much it costs.

Take home pay for a 500K household is something like 25-27K a month, whats a $1800 monthly lease on a $120K car? Ain't poo poo.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

dk2m posted:

No one is lusting after a fast SUV, people that buy it are just wealthy and don't really care how much it costs.

Take home pay for a 500K household is something like 25-27K a month, whats a $1800 monthly lease on a $120K car? Ain't poo poo.

People who buy X5M's or RS Q8's or AMG SUV's absolutely do lust after their purchases. They may have different priorities than the average AI poster but they typically aren't just morons buying it because its the most expensive/biggest number available.

source: I sold a very nice gentleman an RS Q8 last week and he was very hyped about it.

You do hit on a valid point though. When you are a very high earner it does warp your perception of what a reasonable monthly payment actually is.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The average income for a used BMW buyer is $45,000

The median income for a new BMW buyer is $175,000

Unfortunately they don't reliably track both mean and median so it's not quite apples to apples

But, you can see why they put so much effort into their top selling (stupid ugly dumb) SUV lines instead of the small handful of sedans that get flipped to 5 different owners over 15 years before getting scrapped

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Big SUVs with fast engines are generally heavy enough to qualify for business vehicle discounts in the US that were previously created for farm trucks. Many dealers will have this info, but basic gist is over 3? Tons or so it can be a full tax write off for your business, which if you have that kind of money you probably have some sort of business set up as well. I am less familiar but Euros have something similar too, the G wagon definitely qualifies and some dealers will even have a dedicated page to what exempt or qualifying models they have.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

New wheels are on. I think they suit the car really well. Very happy with them.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

KillHour posted:

Excellent camera angles; playing to the car's strengths :discourse:

Love the wheels

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Not gonna lie I was walking away from it last night and looked back directly at the huge grille and immediately thought that's actually a really awesome looking car

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heh yeah I think I'm one of the few holdouts who hasn't gotten the New Grill Toxoplasmosis yet. I'm sure I'll love it within a few years

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

KillHour posted:

Not gonna lie I was walking away from it last night and looked back directly at the huge grille and immediately thought that's actually a really awesome looking car

Its ok, they do actually look good in person as long as they aren't parked next to an F82 M4

The stance and grill make it look mean from the front.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

just saw a Piss Yellow Metallic car coming around the corner and thought oh, the new BMWs don't look so bad i guess.

it was a hyundai sonata

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Saw a black M3 a little while ago and the pig snout was much less visible in that colour.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

KillHour posted:

How's blizzak on ice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Haven't driven on ice yet but I have similar ones on my FoRS and they work well.