Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Some Cowboy Bebop eps are serious, some are silly. If we just average out the tone over every episode, that should work fine right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

God Hole posted:

Doctor Reacts to Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom (Must Watch)

I had this quote saved, so I'm posting it

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
wheel of time is very cheap looking. bad wigs, bad glued-on beards

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

First you complain that creators are always afraid to embrace the source material in these adaptions, choosing to keep an ironic distance from it, and now they make a cartoon character act like a cartoon character and suddenly that's a problem too? You people need to make up your mind.

it's the realization that these cartoons are poo poo, people can't take it so they blame it on some poor acter/actress.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

watched first episode of wheel of time, I have a bad feeling they spent their money on the big trolloc fight and the rest of the season is gonna be a lot more shaky cam and blurred monsters to save money, they apparently did everywhere else

gently caress it though I'll watch it, not like anything else is coming out and I remember liking the books when I was a teenager, am I supposed to be excited for a Hawkeye tv show instead or something

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Tiberius Christ posted:

watched first episode of wheel of time, I have a bad feeling they spent their money on the big trolloc fight and the rest of the season is gonna be a lot more shaky cam and blurred monsters to save money, they apparently did everywhere else

gently caress it though I'll watch it, not like anything else is coming out and I remember liking the books when I was a teenager, am I supposed to be excited for a Hawkeye tv show instead or something

you're supposed to be excited for the book of boba, a heartwarming story where an elderly boba stall owner is being forced to shut down shop due to back taxes... until his niece comes along and balances his books!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
haven't watched it yet but from that trailer i saw wheel of time seems to cover for the fact that they got a bunch of unknown actors who can't act by making it so most of them just do meaningful glances while only one or two people have to emote or say any lines per scene

gonna be bad but ill watch that garbage too

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dreylad posted:

haven't watched it yet but from that trailer i saw wheel of time seems to cover for the fact that they got a bunch of unknown actors who can't act by making it so most of them just do meaningful glances while only one or two people have to emote or say any lines per scene

gonna be bad but ill watch that garbage too

:same:

I'm pretty sure they blew their entire budget on the first episode though.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/Sisslethecat/status/1461768700680450049

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I refuse to believe this bebop show is real.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

:same:

I'm pretty sure they blew their entire budget on the first episode though.

drat, rough. i thinkthe climax of the first book would probably require some major CGI so that's going to suck if that's the case

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

There's a lot of replies to that ed clip cheering it for non binary representation but does non binary just mean "irritating"?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Uncle Wemus posted:

There's a lot of replies to that ed clip cheering it for non binary representation but does non binary just mean "irritating"?

Ed is androgynous so accurate to the character but still poorly written for the adaption.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i wouldnt want to be represented in something this lovely, honestly

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
lmao that goggles prop makes ed look absolutely special

thank you for killing cowboy bebop netflix, I mean it sincerely

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
why do people think Spike Spiegel was jewish lol? cause his name is Spiegel?

none of the characters have any specific identified ethnicity in the original that I remember except cowboy andy is definitely american, if america still exists.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Do people actually ponder the ethnic/religious identities of their favorite cartoon characters?

Actually that was a dumb question of course they loving do.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
have you not looked at twitter in the past 10 years?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Zisky posted:

Do people actually ponder the ethnic/religious identities of their favorite cartoon characters?

Actually that was a dumb question of course they loving do.

inshallah spongebob will recite the shahada

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

SpaceGoku posted:

inshallah spongebob will recite the shahada

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

extremely strong channel awesome vibes from all of those clips. how did they do it

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

those bebop things make me wish there was some good campy fun movies again

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I guess the superhero movies are all camp but with big score

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I have ingested a quantity of thc gummies and will now watch bebop so I can rightfully poo poo on it later

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1461862490976002049?t=Il8Acl2hyk57_0i0FiQd2w&s=19

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1461862543308124160?t=Sk_3LTFqHOco-XGNqNqgrg&s=19

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

this man consumes trash

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

huh, apparently Carole Baskin’s husband has been alive in Costa Rica this whole time

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Judakel posted:

this man consumes trash

King

also this is loving terrible lmao, forgot about hellbound

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1461871313220513795?s=20

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Judakel posted:

this man consumes trash

hell yeah he does

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Lastgirl posted:

you're illiterate

re-read

kojima burned it hard

i wish i were illiterate so i couldn't read your posts

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Judakel posted:

this man consumes trash
It makes him strong.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Casey Finnigan posted:

none of the characters have any specific identified ethnicity in the original that I remember except cowboy andy is definitely american, if america still exists.
america doesn't exist but american culture does and cowboy andy isn't american, he's a japanese westaboo, he's basically the rawhide kobayashi meme

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

I think the gun he uses in the original is of Israeli make, which combined with his last name made people think he was supposed to be Jewish

Though the gun was almost certainly a stylistic choice because it looks cool instead of a subtle clue to Spike's ethnicity

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
spike leaving clues about his ethnicity like he's qanon lmao

coathat
May 21, 2007

I mean that’s pretty much how last names work.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Spike does have curly hair as well, it's more that if he was Jewish it'd all fit together.

Jewish coding is a thing like a lot of stuff because it wasn't/isn't something often actively brought up but hinted through context clues, similar to LGBT coding, and results in fans going all Quizboy on it.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Spike does have curly hair as well, it's more that if he was Jewish it'd all fit together.

Jewish coding is a thing like a lot of stuff because it wasn't/isn't something often actively brought up but hinted through context clues, similar to LGBT coding, and results in fans going all Quizboy on it.

What's another example of Jewish coding?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

the twisted metal series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Golems