Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, and again, I think that concept is even more distorted by how quickly the collective conscience moves on from things now that we're all Always Online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I've been taking a break from the forums for a while because it was taking up too much of my time. However, I just remembered that I posted a month or so ago asking if Voidburger would go back to streaming Psychonauts 2. Well she did, and it's great. Chip is there as a co-host now. I was worried when he said that he had already finished the game, but so far he has been really good; gently steering her toward cool poo poo that is easily missed and answering questions when asked while still letting her experience the game in her own way. Psychonauts 2 is awesome and I'm pretty hooked on watching other people play it for the first time. So there's a recommendation for you.

EDIT: Lowtax loving died????????

Ariong fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 20, 2021

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Ariong posted:

Yup.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3984488&pagenumber=1

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Pop arena talks about the first 13 years of the kids choice awards:

https://youtu.be/BOzroirsAr0

Is this the first time D*n Scheinder was mentioned in an episode?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Vtubers rule for various reasons.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ariong posted:

I've been taking a break from the forums for a while because it was taking up too much of my time. However, I just remembered that I posted a month or so ago asking if Voidburger would go back to streaming Psychonauts 2. Well she did, and it's great. Chip is there as a co-host now. I was worried when he said that he had already finished the game, but so far he has been really good; gently steering her toward cool poo poo that is easily missed and answering questions when asked while still letting her experience the game in her own way. Psychonauts 2 is awesome and I'm pretty hooked on watching other people play it for the first time. So there's a recommendation for you.

Yes, you can catch up through this extremely accurate and thorough video essay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGaH1YfbE80

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Well, RIP to a real one. A real piece of poo poo, that is.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Ariong posted:

Well, RIP to a real one. A real piece of poo poo, that is.

:agreed: That exact sentiment was the majority of the replies in the thread.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jamie Faith posted:

:agreed: That exact sentiment was the majority of the replies in the thread.

And the minority was mostly bitter goons showing up after years away to lament how soft the place had gotten before spewing a few slurs and eating ban.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Skippy McPants posted:

And the minority was mostly bitter goons showing up after years away to lament how soft the place had gotten before spewing a few slurs and eating ban.

lmao, that was amazing. So many clueless boomer posters wondering into that thread going

"Why can't I say slurs anymore? loving blue haired snowflakes RUINED this place! :qq:"

which would usually and Immediately be followed by

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

just :discourse:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Jamie Faith posted:

lmao, that was amazing. So many clueless boomer posters wondering into that thread going

"Why can't I say slurs anymore? loving blue haired snowflakes RUINED this place! :qq:"

which would usually and Immediately be followed by

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

just :discourse:

I'm amazed there were still so many of those people still hanging around. That poo poo hasn't been tolerated for YEARS here.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Fil5000 posted:

I'm amazed there were still so many of those people still hanging around. That poo poo hasn't been tolerated for YEARS here.

If you had a look at their post histories you would see that most of them hadn't made a single post since 2005 or so, it was the oldest of the old guard crawling back over.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fil5000 posted:

well, about that

I think those were just ban-mes or his alleged new GF coping via many parachute accounts. Kinda weird to think if Jeffrey hadn't bought the forums maybe by now this place would be gone for real.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

oh boy! who's your favorite vtuber!

Hakuno Imasaka, who reviews alcohol and just uses his vtuber persona to get drunk on stream and talk poo poo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Yardbomb posted:

Vtubers rule for various reasons.

If someone doesn't enjoy it when the dog girl calls the Goombas "little brothers" I don't even know what to say to them

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Korone also recently had official horror game made where she's the primary antagonist. 2021 is a good year to be a cartoon internet dog.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Jamie Faith posted:

If we keep mentioning Korone, we're going to summon that weirdo whos "ironically" super horny for her lol

This would be bad why?

And the anwser to "Best Vtuber" is Ironmouse.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BigRed0427 posted:

And the anwser to "Best Vtuber" is Ironmouse.
yeah, ironmouse is definitely up there. just unfiltered id from someone who doesn't give a poo poo because why should she? she's wonderful. I love how she also does streams showcasing very very small-time vtubers, people with maybe a dozen viewers or less, to get the word out on unknowns.

pikamee, girl_dm, kson, korone, nyanners, juniper, zentreya, melody, all of holo en and nijisanji en gen 1, marine, nene, flare, pekora, snuffy, botan, I follow a lot of vtubers, there's so goddamn many of them out there. it's literally impossible to keep up with all of them, which is why it's nice there's so many people who do clips, compilations and translations.

my mom wants to try being a vtuber, she said she sees the appeal of being able to present yourself as whatever ideal you want to be and not having to use makeup to go on camera or worry about people judging your appearance or knowing your real face. I wonder if she did it if she'd be the first geriatric vtuber.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Judge Tesla posted:

If you had a look at their post histories you would see that most of them hadn't made a single post since 2005 or so, it was the oldest of the old guard crawling back over.

Speaking as a rarely-posting "oldest of the old guard" (my OG regdate was I think late '99/early '00), I can pretty much confirm that toxic edgelords were always relentlessly mocked and ostracized here even when this place had very few rules. The only really big language change I've seen was that the homophobic f-slur was used freely as an generalized insult (as opposed to an intentionally homophobic one), but good riddance to that regardless of intent.

The only real difference is that bans nowadays are no big deal, but they were sold like DEATH back then because it was a much smaller community. If we didn't want you here, you were persona non grata, and oh boy did people take offense to getting tossed out.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Technically those channels that use an avatar that occasionally swaps between 5-10 static poses is virtual, so therefore Matt McMuscles is a vtuber :colbert:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Pants Donkey posted:

Technically those channels that use an avatar that occasionally swaps between 5-10 static poses is virtual, so therefore Matt McMuscles is a vtuber :colbert:
And Saberspark and Arlo in a way.
VTubers are essentially puppeteers.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The only Vtuber i regularly watch is Miss Shadow Lovely and it's mainly just funny listening to her rage in dead by daylight

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Pants Donkey posted:

So in the end the Vtubers are inside us all, even the newbie avatars!

(That Vtuber who use a Raptor avatar is also good)

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Everyone knows the best vtuber is Jerma

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Solar Tornado posted:

Everyone knows the best vtuber is Jerma

One of Jerma's ideas for a stream is to get a vtuber avatar of a gross blob of slime and just roleplay as the blob man running a godawful stream.

He has like 5 different high concept stream ideas right now though so who knows when/if he's going to do that.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A movie-review that recommends against seeing the Ghostbusters movie on the grounds of stagnation and resurrecting Harold Ramis with CGI for audience sentimentality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcqZjxFeZqA

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i dont know how but we have to please do something about the ghoulishness of hollywood using modern tech to force your corpse to sing and dance long after you're dead and can't turn down a role

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ugh, i thought it was bad enough he was on the posters.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Inspector Gesicht posted:

A movie-review that recommends against seeing the Ghostbusters movie on the grounds of stagnation and resurrecting Harold Ramis with CGI for audience sentimentality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcqZjxFeZqA

I can’t believe Ernest Cline really was a visionary after all.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is this the greatest promotional video ever made?

https://youtu.be/Dsl0EzkbxHg

Yes.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Inspector Gesicht posted:

resurrecting Harold Ramis with CGI for audience sentimentality.

God, stop loving doing this, it's insanely weird and creepy every time.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
New Ine Hit Wonderland just dropped.Crazy for this girl by Evan and Jaron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMj8gcEHGM

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What better options had we to replace Peter Cushing who wasn't a PS4 character? Doesn't haven't to be dead-ringer, just someone who can play a Space Tory.

The gimp from Farscape played him for all of ten seconds in Revenge of the Sith.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

fun hater posted:

i dont know how but we have to please do something about the ghoulishness of hollywood using modern tech to force your corpse to sing and dance long after you're dead and can't turn down a role

yea I've always been a pretty big 'when you're dead you're dead, just treat the body with dignity for the family and don't handwring about the sanctity of death' person but it feels like there needs to be some mechanism to prevent Pepsi from forcing a CGI Anne Frank to reenact the Kylie Jenner ad or whatever absolute hellzone we're heading for. Like, the actors and poo poo being pushed into movies post-death are gonna turn out to be the test case for what we'll allow and poo poo's gonna get GRIM

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 21, 2021

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hologram actual Rosa Parks giving Captain America a thumbs up in the next marvel movie somehow, I'm just gonna speak sins into existence.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

hologram actual Rosa Parks giving Captain America a thumbs up in the next marvel movie somehow, I'm just gonna speak sins into existence.

black panther high-fives mlk in heaven so we can get a two-fer on the sacrilege

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
That literal cult anime with its inexplicable "I'm Helen Keller" moment is going to be the only thing from them that ends up becoming real

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

sexpig by night posted:

yea I've always been a pretty big 'when you're dead you're dead, just treat the body with dignity for the family and don't handwring about the sanctity of death' person but it feels like there needs to be some mechanism to prevent Pepsi from forcing a CGI Anne Frank to reenact the Kylie Jenner ad or whatever absolute hellzone we're heading for. Like, the actors and poo poo being pushed into movies post-death are gonna turn out to be the test case for what we'll allow and poo poo's gonna get GRIM

Robin Williams was forward thinking enough to not allow any likeness rights for 25 years after his death: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/mar/31/robin-williams-restricted-use-image-despite-existing-us-laws

I guess the real question is whether it's enforceable once if someone tries to fight this; you know there will be ghouls in Hollywood with the "you can't censor history by not letting us re-enact the 'what if Robin Williams starred in 25 Jumanji sequels' scenario" sooner or later.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

OptimusShr posted:

New Ine Hit Wonderland just dropped.Crazy for this girl by Evan and Jaron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMj8gcEHGM

The best One Hit Wonders are when I read the title and go "what the gently caress is that song" and then I hear the chorus and go "OH poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

ive yet to see a cgi dead person in a movie thats not just a weird cameo that everyone reacts to with utter revulsion. its very funny that they keep trying it