Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
My most conservative opinion is to get yourself a power bottom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
My hot take is that shooting people is bad

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

knulla posted:

Going with the original question, my most conservative opinion is maybe that personal discipline is the single greatest attribute that will determine a person's outcomes--and there's a severe dearth of discipline in the world at the moment.

Second: Being really fat or having neon hair makes you probably a progressive and certainly insufferable.

I’ve met way more fat conservatives tbh

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

knulla posted:

I communicated poorly--it's not the fat or the neon hair that makes them insufferable, it's their personalities that make them insufferable. Some weird combination of traits that come from incessantly blaming society and others for their own choices and failures plus a heaping dose of silliness because they misinterpret equality to mean their zero-effort lives should deliver unto them the rewards and outcomes of higher-effort people. All the complaining that comes from same.

"I'm an overweight Queer Studies major working as a librarian's assistant, and I can't afford cosmetic surgery and so capitalism has failed!"

Also, you just proved my point.

It sounds like you're really angry about a character that was invented by right wing media. How often do you actually encounter this sort of person?

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I’ve never met anyone like this lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Private Cumshoe posted:

Here's my conservative opinion: adding hair dye to hair takes more effort, not less effort

here is my take. people can do whatever they want with their hair but i never understood the worry over grey hair.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

knulla posted:

Going with the original question, my most conservative opinion is maybe that personal discipline is the single greatest attribute that will determine a person's outcomes--and there's a severe dearth of discipline in the world at the moment.

Second: Being really fat or having neon hair makes you probably a progressive and certainly insufferable.

There are an awful lot of fat conservative people.

Who are indeed, insufferable, I'll grant you. Because they're conservative, not because they're fat.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

here is my take. people can do whatever they want with their hair but i never understood the worry over grey hair.

Agree. Grey/white hair is beautiful.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Bitch I have to earn a lot of money to be able to pay for this hair being re-dyed every 6-8 weeks, AND I have to only wash my hair in cold water to maintain it.

Trying to imagine a conservative taking a cold shower and loling at the pig shrieking that would inevitably occur. 'Discipline' my rear end, middle class conservative Americans are people who can barely imagine discomfort bc they've only had access to 1st world poo poo, let alone exist through it.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 20, 2021

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I think I have to agree with what was said earlier in this thread: a lot of what we call "conservative" values (hard work, honesty, being part of a community..the stuff you think of when you think of the Andy Griffith Show) is actually not conservative or liberal...and, if anything, has switched sides so that today they're more aligned with so-called "liberal" values.

In a post-Trump society, "conservative" values boil down to "gently caress you, got mine" and willful ignorance. I agree that leftist wokescolds are annoying and alienating. I think the super annoying people on the far left and far right are due to group polarization (when one side gets more extreme, the other side tend to also get more extreme).

That said, the far right is much more dangerous than the far left. If the far left had the political power the right has, they may very well become as dangerous and psychotic as the right, but they simply do not have that power and are losing more and more power all the time, as the right is chipping away at voting rights, etc.

"Whataboutism" is dumb because it's like comparing an amputated arm to an amputated finger--yes, both are bad, but one is much worse.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
(finishing my thoughts above)

Which, btw, makes it hilarious when conservatives declare how everyone is so coddled and entitled, when their ideas for how things should work are predicated on all these things put into place by the hard work of others before they arrived, and unseen amounts of work put in by their predecessors is ignored. Talk about entitlement, lol.

In a chaotic world where everyone wants to assert some control, and you've been told the system knows best, of course you will come to naively believe the single greatest deciding factor in life is how disciplined you are in obeying that system.

It's almost exhausting constantly watching conservatives rush to buy into the Just World fallacy to give themselves comfort.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 20, 2021

knulla
Jun 6, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Devils Affricate posted:

It sounds like you're really angry about a character that was invented by right wing media. How often do you actually encounter this sort of person?

I've lived for 4 yeas in SF, 2 in PDX, and spend significant time in Manhattan. I work in tech. These real people are everywhere lol.

You just exposed yourself as a person who doesn't hang around the coastal cities and/or who has a lovely job.

I don't read right-wing media lol.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Yeah and I'm a neon fat lady

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I know several overweight conservatives that blame all of their failures on the government and taxes. Obama is the sole reason their business failed.

knulla
Jun 6, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

I’ve met way more fat conservatives tbh

Could be sampling bias on my part. All the fittest people at Equinox are heavily conservative. All the folks lifting heavy at 0500h. are conservative.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Or you could just be a liar

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

knulla posted:

Could be sampling bias on my part. All the fittest people at Equinox are heavily conservative. All the folks lifting heavy at 0500h. are conservative.

It almost certainly is sampling bias on your part.

Look at the fattest states--they're often also the reddest.

knulla
Jun 6, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Private Cumshoe posted:

Or you could just be a liar

LOL, what's funny is the assumption I'm some Trump-voting right-winger because I find fat/neon losers insufferable.

Guess that's hitting a little too close to home for a lot of the fat/neons around here whose identities are tied to not only their lack of discipline but their hatred of Trump or whatever. Sad.

FWIW, I'm Canadian and would never vote for any American presidential candidate the major parties have fielded for my entire adult life--clowns the entire lot of 'em. Love universal healthcare, blah blah blah.

But yes, protect your rolls and dye by denying my sincerity.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I'm willing to bet you've never even lived in a space without a dishwasher.

It is likely you barely know inconvenience, let alone struggle. To you, your life's greatest inconvenience is waiting a little bit longer in the line at the fully stocked grocery store.

It's EASY to have discipline for the things you want to do, when the things you have to do have been taken care of for you by systems you take for granted.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
My conservative opinion is that All the cool jobs are orbited by fatties with circus hair. You see this a lot in coastal cities because the ocean is where Fatlantis is.

Obama2
Oct 22, 2021
Kyle Rittenhouse did nothing wrong and I will be buying whatever cash in gun accessory he tries to sell.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
My conservative opinion is that I don't think anyone is assuming anything about knulla

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
You should always eat what you kill.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

knulla posted:

LOL, what's funny is the assumption I'm some Trump-voting right-winger because I find fat/neon losers insufferable.

Guess that's hitting a little too close to home for a lot of the fat/neons around here whose identities are tied to not only their lack of discipline but their hatred of Trump or whatever. Sad.

FWIW, I'm Canadian and would never vote for any American presidential candidate the major parties have fielded for my entire adult life--clowns the entire lot of 'em. Love universal healthcare, blah blah blah.

But yes, protect your rolls and dye by denying my sincerity.

Ah, so you're not a liar, just a defensive idiot with a bug up your rear end. I mean, you fit right in to the conservative opinions thread!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Private Cumshoe posted:

My conservative opinion is that I don't think anyone is assuming anything about knulla

I assume they once asked a fat pink-haired person on a date and got turned down

knulla
Jun 6, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I'm willing to bet you've never even lived in a space without a dishwasher.

It is likely you barely know inconvenience, let alone struggle. To you, your life's greatest inconvenience is waiting a little bit longer in the line at the fully stocked grocery store.

It's EASY to have discipline for the things you want to do, when the things you have to do have been taken care of for you by systems you take for granted.

You'd be betting quite wrongly.

This is typical of the deluded fat/neons I see everywhere in the hallways at work. Very quick on the assumptions, always towards the negative about those they disagree with, always carefully calculated to couch their own sad lives in the most charitable of ways. I mean look at your post here, you are saying that the reason I'm fit, healthy, and strong is because I've struggled so little it's just *easy* to hit the gym 4 days a week. It must be so *easy* to get rich as a wage earner.

FWIW when I immigrated to the USA I arrived with negative money, had a lovely apartment, and worked 14 hour days to achieve success.

Sounds like what you're actually denying is one thing conservatives (which I'm not one of) are totally right about, which is there is a massive difference in effort between people. You sound like someone low-effort and you probably have a life just like most other low-effort people.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
My conservative opinion is that no one is really conservative and they're only doing it for the self discipline clout

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

knulla posted:

This is typical of the deluded fat/neons I see everywhere in the hallways at work. Very quick on the assumptions, always towards the negative about those they disagree with, always carefully calculated to couch their own sad lives in the most charitable of ways. I mean look at your post here, you are saying that the reason I'm fit, healthy, and strong is because I've struggled so little it's just *easy* to hit the gym 4 days a week. It must be so *easy* to get rich as a wage earner.

FWIW when I immigrated to the USA I arrived with negative money, had a lovely apartment, and worked 14 hour days to achieve success.

Sounds like what you're actually denying is one thing conservatives (which I'm not one of) are totally right about, which is there is a massive difference in effort between people. You sound like someone low-effort and you probably have a life just like most other low-effort people.

hahahah...you're so mad!

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
my favorite ps1 rpg is fat./neon

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
what the gently caress is a neon

edit: oh it's some boomer obsessive hatred of hair dye jesus christ

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 20, 2021

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

what the gently caress is a neon

Inert Nobel gas atomic number 69.

Cringest gaseous element out there

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
it's a slang term used to describe the electro-huffers that live in the undercity. they'll vaporize your rear end for five credsticks and sell your quadbike for ten, just to buy more electro so they can get a taste of digiprana. loving neons.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

knulla posted:

You seem upset.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
but you guys he worked hard, and so that means all other people who haven't gotten has far as him didn't work as hard

line always go up or down based on amount of work, this is how it goes

he made it, and all the people at his gym made it, thus

he has figured out the secret to life! just like all these people thought they did

https://www.scu.edu/ethics/ethics-resources/ethical-decision-making/the-just-world-theory/

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I am a fat smelly leftist

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

knulla posted:

I've lived for 4 yeas in SF, 2 in PDX, and spend significant time in Manhattan. I work in tech. These real people are everywhere lol.

You just exposed yourself as a person who doesn't hang around the coastal cities and/or who has a lovely job.

I don't read right-wing media lol.

I work in center city philly (wealthy people live there, white collars work there, expensive restaurants) and this is what i'm used to seeing. There are a lot of people who fit that image in their 30s and younger in my eastcoast metro. And there is something about their presentation that signals to me they aren't being relied on for anything important

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
The intersectional feminists have put neon hair at the top of the oppression pyramid and are taking down the economy from the inside by occupying all the best jobs in manhattan and spending all day in their corner offices blogging about turning everyone into findoms

Also everyone who wears a red tie is part of some three letter agency and trying to steal my essence

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
imagine hating the people who are working hard to raise your wages to earn you more for the work you do and accusing them of being undisciplined and lazy, while also acknowledging how much work it actually takes to be poor and scrape money together, and not seeing how these things connect

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Private Cumshoe posted:

The intersectional feminists have put neon hair at the top of the oppression pyramid and are taking down the economy from the inside by occupying all the best jobs in manhattan and spending all day in their corner offices blogging about turning everyone into findoms

Also everyone who wears a red tie is part of some three letter agency and trying to steal my essence

Are the tie people the same people who make the true progressive leftists lose all the elections????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I live near the coast, I also worked in tech. Actually all the people that are annoying are the crones of the crustacean people, the natural enemy of the lizard people.

Also neon hair is to deter the lizard people or something.

I dunno, I want to make my own lore for the world too.