Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Idle musings, how would y'all feel if in the new OP structure, whatever it may be, they gave exclusive promos as prizes/trophies? GP winners get (one, two, a sheet) of that year's winner promo, 2-8 get a different card, and another card set for worlds? Given that they're going to cheap out on it.

Feels a lot like judge promos, so, mostly irrelevant. Also like state champs? I remember the full art mutavault from something like this. The proliferation of alternate treatments, classic frame, two types of foilings, extended art, full art and all that has kind of shown me that adding yet another 'special' treatment is just not interesting any more.

They should stick to what people want imo: Large cash prizes and qualification for future events. If they ever got their head out of their asses they'd do what wsop or similar does and offer prizes that scale with the number of entrants and deal with the legal consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Sinteres posted:

I'm also shocked to learn player advocates in a company aren't the ones who actually run the place. It's still better than not having player advocates, so dumping on him doesn't seem fair.

Did the person who represented white in the Council of Colours ever undelete their Twitter?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Feels a lot like judge promos, so, mostly irrelevant. Also like state champs? I remember the full art mutavault from something like this. The proliferation of alternate treatments, classic frame, two types of foilings, extended art, full art and all that has kind of shown me that adding yet another 'special' treatment is just not interesting any more.

They should stick to what people want imo: Large cash prizes and qualification for future events. If they ever got their head out of their asses they'd do what wsop or similar does and offer prizes that scale with the number of entrants and deal with the legal consequences.

Yeah states had the fill art ( mtgo style) for a while

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Lone Goat posted:

the Council of Colours

the what?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Primate I'd...?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Primate I'd...?

Force of Will

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

BizarroAzrael posted:

Primate I'd...?

Price Increasing Literally Forever :v:

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

planeswalker i'd like to [Fling]

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Primate I'd...?

Protection from everything, Infect, Lifelink, Flying

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Primate I’d like to find (in a pack)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BizarroAzrael posted:

Primate I'd...?

What is this?

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

HootTheOwl posted:

What is this?

joke about MILF, a popular type of Mom

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

kalvanoo posted:

joke about MILF, a popular type of Mom

Or a cropped screen of a store's buy list at Vegas, depending on the nature of the question

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BizarroAzrael posted:

Or a cropped screen of a store's buy list at Vegas, depending on the nature of the question

They’re buying MILFs? That’s hosed up

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh, OH

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

They closed sealed early so I've not actually played today 😔

Johannes Voss was cool though;

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

BizarroAzrael posted:

well, nevertheless,

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
*signed foil blood artist*

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

Gorgeous!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mmm. very nice.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Do we have a discord for hanging out and chatting while streaming drafts? It could be fun and educational to talk through picks and plays.

The goon magic discord linked in the OP has a small, but pretty active group of us really into limited. We'll often hang out and watch a draft or two, go over picks, ect.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

w/ all the basic land Secret Lairs, wonder if we've reached the point yet where you could theoretically build an entire EDH deck out of SL cards. The mtg equivalent of ordering a gold gilded steak.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

The World Inferno posted:

w/ all the basic land Secret Lairs, wonder if we've reached the point yet where you could theoretically build an entire EDH deck out of SL cards. The mtg equivalent of ordering a gold gilded steak.

You absolutely could build multiple such decks. You could even do it without repeating basic land art in some cases. There are options for almost all color identities, including at least four ways to get a 5c commander.

Could you build one that's any good? No idea, that would require much more digging in than I've done. But you could do it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Is there a comprehensive list of every SL card? I'm sure it could be done. You could even do a 5 color deck since all fetches and shocks have been made into a secret lair.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Framboise posted:

Is there a comprehensive list of every SL card? I'm sure it could be done. You could even do a 5 color deck since all fetches and shocks have been made into a secret lair.

https://scryfall.com/sets/sld

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I wasn't aware of some of the older secret lairs and wish I had known about them

the "path not traveled" set rules, I mean look at X-Men Ajani here

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

They closed sealed early so I've not actually played today 😔

Johannes Voss was cool though;

Dang, i love that thalia. That star was for judge promos right?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh wait the secret lairs have the star too, didnt know that.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

the MSCHF secret lair is out, it has no timer so it might truly be "limited" to some number. so probably get on that if you want it.
------
also played paper FNM last night. i went UW spirits and won 2 games. lost the first game to BU exploit zombies where he had the skeleton and basically kept reanimating it and i foolishly casted the katilda i had while not leaving mana open and it got exiled. played RB vampires and a WG aggro deck.. the game against WG lasted for an extremely long time though so that was the only game we finished..

cradle of safety is actually a pretty incredible card in this deck. only having to hold 2 mana to protect your creatures that have all the enchantments attached... and then you add another +1/+1 and also build up katilda is good value. unfortunate that i couldn't get hallowed haunting to go along with my deck.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

The best part of that Thalia art is the little Emrakul drawing.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Strong Sauce posted:

the MSCHF secret lair is out, it has no timer so it might truly be "limited" to some number. so probably get on that if you want it.
------
also played paper FNM last night. i went UW spirits and won 2 games. lost the first game to BU exploit zombies where he had the skeleton and basically kept reanimating it and i foolishly casted the katilda i had while not leaving mana open and it got exiled. played RB vampires and a WG aggro deck.. the game against WG lasted for an extremely long time though so that was the only game we finished..

cradle of safety is actually a pretty incredible card in this deck. only having to hold 2 mana to protect your creatures that have all the enchantments attached... and then you add another +1/+1 and also build up katilda is good value. unfortunate that i couldn't get hallowed haunting to go along with my deck.

There was a time in the email they sent out for it, November 28th at 9amPT

Also looks like they’re either not including or keeping “secret” the Battlefield Forge with the Plains sticker.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

GonSmithe posted:

There was a time in the email they sent out for it, November 28th at 9amPT

Also looks like they’re either not including or keeping “secret” the Battlefield Forge with the Plains sticker.

It's probably just the secret card.

Snapped up my preorder. What a great list of cool cards.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

Dang, i love that thalia. That star was for judge promos right?

Artist proof, hence no hologram and the back is blank

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

drat, now this has me thinking about what a Secret Lair Constructed format would look like. Probably not good, but it's at least a possible bad idea.

Also I hadn't been keeping up with what they'd been putting out so I missed Dan Frazier's exquisite interpretation of Gruul Signet the first time around:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Is this a foil artist proof or why does it not have a holo stamp?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Katana Gomai posted:

Making an artist sign your proxy if a huge flex

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Katana Gomai posted:

Look two posts up

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
One of our boys who first started his Modern Journey in our little College is in the top 8 playing G/W Scales. I have never been more proud.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Went to buy a draft booster box of Crimson Vow and my LGS was selling it for $140. Is that actually what they're selling for now generally? Online I'm seeing it closer to a hundred.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Went to buy a draft booster box of Crimson Vow and my LGS was selling it for $140. Is that actually what they're selling for now generally? Online I'm seeing it closer to a hundred.

You can get them for $95+tax on eBay from legit sellers. It's not a very valuable set.

Edit: Unless they're selling them with the box topper, which is probably another $20 value. Soooooo...

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Jesus loving christ