Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

1glitch0 posted:

Oooo, I didn't know you could bump a 6.

Bumping a 6 and splitting a 1 will change your whole game :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

What’s up, bitches!
Initially they sent me an email saying “delivery by Friday” that got updated to “delivery by Dec 22”. Thankfully that one appeared to be a mess up.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

otter posted:

What’s up, bitches!
Initially they sent me an email saying “delivery by Friday” that got updated to “delivery by Dec 22”. Thankfully that one appeared to be a mess up.
I missed out on the first round of these, tried a bunch of places. The closest I got was getting one in my cart at Walmart, but they were out of stock by the time I updated my credit card info. I went back the other day for something else (Mario Kart 8 on Switch deal, IIRC), and noticed the controller was still in my cart. Tried checking out again on a whim, not expecting it to work, and it totally did. It arrived a day or two ago. I can't believe my luck, or that Walmart, of all places, came through for me.

Azathoth Prime fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 20, 2021

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

otter posted:

What’s up, bitches!

Nice score! I like the transparent cover.

Thinkin about getting another controller with xtra buttons, since it would be super helpful in MSFS2020.

Also, to anyone who plays that, the flytampa Las Vegas scenery pack is worth it.

The city looks alive. The signs are animated, so is the bellagio fountain show, the lights on the luxor pyramid, etc.

Seeing Criss Angels six pack blown up on a 20 story hotel is worth the price of admission.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Easily my favorite controller at this point. I love the rubber grip texture.

Edit: my local bestbuy has them in stock if goons need. I can pick up and mail etc.

otter fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 20, 2021

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

ultrachrist posted:

I sucked with the thief too. I tried a poison build but a bunch of enemies are strong vs poison.

My one try with the witch was a success… there is a 2 dice lightning spell that combines both values for damage + 2x shock when placed in an upgraded spell book slot. That carried me. Other slots were for the freeze spell which is also what I relied on until I got to the point where I picked up lightning.

My strategy with thief was to turn into a bear and upgrade the claw attacks.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zachack posted:

Only way I could win as thief

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurtilik posted:

Plus you can plug a wireless keyboard into the xbox. Though I genuinely wouldn't mind a smaller controller sized keyboard and relive the slide-up phone days.

I knew 2 separate weirdos back in the PS2 days who would play FF11 all day with those hilarious fat ps2 controllers with the lovely phone keyboard in the middle.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Zachack posted:

I got my thief win with poison and just dealt with the poison resists. The detonator card that does damage based on stacks of poison was key. He still seems weak though. I don’t really like the robot either… his cards don’t seem good enough to make up for the downside, though I won with him too.

I did the first warrior challenge (cursed) easily because the warrior is generically very good, but the 2nd one (lose hp on lvl up) seems so much harder. Need to go heavy on armor probably.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Hey I have some Minecraft codes - not for the game but a Starter Pack, Creators Pack and 1000 Minecoins. Anybody have a kid or something that would use them?

Gone

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 20, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The robot in dicey dungeon is basically can you survive to level up to get the car where when you "bust" you can still make an attack. Honestly their gear is really good, their starting stuff is just needlessly bad.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Barudak posted:

The robot in dicey dungeon is basically can you survive to level up to get the car where when you "bust" you can still make an attack. Honestly their gear is really good, their starting stuff is just needlessly bad.

I won using that card too… seems kind of telling when his best card lets him ignore his core mechanic!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ultrachrist posted:

I won using that card too… seems kind of telling when his best card lets him ignore his core mechanic!

If you get the the abilities that power up based on how many rolls you make + the abilities that let you roll more his core gimmick gets really fun and can run over everything. Its just funny that jackpotting is basically meaningless for an effective strategy for the robot.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

BonoMan posted:

Hey I have some Minecraft codes - not for the game but a Starter Pack, Creators Pack and 1000 Minecoins. Anybody have a kid or something that would use them?

PM’d you, my kid would love them.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Butt Discussin posted:

PM’d you, my kid would love them.

Sent!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

otter posted:

What’s up, bitches!

Do you have like 10 Xbox controllers?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thats a 1000 dollar collection and you will respect it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

RCarr posted:

He's the guy who threw a temper tantrum about his special edition controller possibly being delayed a couple weeks you had to know something was up.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I can appreciate it when a game can make a joke at its own expense.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

RCarr posted:

Haha. That’s cute.
Dark grey (battlefield 1 which came with the matching one s)
Light grey / green
2x standard white
White with all white buttons
Series x black
Series x shock blue
Series x goon squad
Series x 20th anniversary
Fortnite purple
Og Xbox one black I swapped out with chrome orange buttons
Hyperkin Duke
Blue soft touch rubberized (power a)
Minecraft (power a)
Transparent red (rock candy)
And 2 that are skeletonized / in process with add one like aluminum analog sticks.

So that’s 16. I might be missing one or two.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Why

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

For those sweet LAN parties, of course.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Otter is a swarm of cicadas and that's cool w me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Could be worse. Coulda bought all 3 versions of the xbox 1

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Lawn Mowing Simulator is Coming to Xbox Game Pass

winning

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

it's probably cheaper than collecting sneakers or funko pops I guess

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They’re all addictions for weirdos , that’s money you could spend on games or weed

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So I guess I bought a series X. One thing I am wondering. Does Xbox still have that crap where you can't use normal wireless headphones and have to buy the special "xbox version" of it or can I use the headphones I use with all of my other devices on the series X? it has both dongle and bluetooth support if that makes a difference.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

So I guess I bought a series X. One thing I am wondering. Does Xbox still have that crap where you can't use normal wireless headphones and have to buy the special "xbox version" of it or can I use the headphones I use with all of my other devices on the series X? it has both dongle and bluetooth support if that makes a difference.

The latter. :smith:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Do you mean the former, the latter is the good one he wants

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drat. I don't get why Xbox can't just support the heapdhones that every other thing does :sigh: Guess I'm digging out my old ones and plugging them into the controller.

Just looking at gamepass now for the first time in like 5 years and Jesus, it's wild how much stuff is on there. So many 'wait for a sale" games I've had on the backburner I can just play for a monthly cost now.

is the Halo campaign going to be on gamepass when it launches? E: i guess I could have just googled that in 2 seconds and the answer is yes, lol.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Every Microsoft published game will be on Game Pass at launch.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

the best part is that i dont think i've paid retail for any of them.
Some are assigned to family members so my kids have auto sign on with their own controllers, as do myself and the mrs.
one is paired to my ipad
modding controllers /padhacking to make arcade sticks is kinda fun
the duke is the poo poo, suck it smallhanders
sometimes you just want to use a different controller.
Im still getting a forza one when it comes back in stock.

Mierenneuker posted:

it's probably cheaper than collecting sneakers...

thats a different thread. 67 pair last i counted.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
otter... on behalf of economy i would like to thank you

the rest of you should be spending more money on things! how else are you going to fill the void?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Just looking at gamepass now for the first time in like 5 years and Jesus, it's wild how much stuff is on there. So many 'wait for a sale" games I've had on the backburner I can just play for a monthly cost now.

Play Forgotten City!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Cloks posted:

otter... on behalf of economy i would like to thank you

the rest of you should be spending more money on things! how else are you going to fill the void?

Weed and playing Max Payne on my Series X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I liked forgotten city and would recommend it except for the fact that I got a glitch that makes it so I can't do the good ending and it's apparently not uncommon... Major bummer