Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

What's another example of Jewish coding?

me when i open up notepad++ and write some javascript eh heh heh heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

the Bajorans and Ferengi in Deep Space Nine

dwarves in most fantasy

the goblins in Harry Potter (but in a bad way)

me, also opening up notepad++

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Goku is obviously coded Chinese

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Wagner

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Doctor Jeep posted:

it's the realization that these cartoons are poo poo, people can't take it so they blame it on some poor acter/actress.
Let's hope they treat her better than they did Jake Lloyd.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Let's hope they treat her better than they did Jake Lloyd.

The Jake Lloyd thing is still beyond infuriating. Being mad at a kid for not being a good actor when you're better off blaming the writer or director. Kids are kids.

New Cowboy Bebop sucks but the cast itself seems mostly okay. It's the dogshit Whedonesque writing and how they sterilized the more political elements from the original series to try to be more 'wholesome'. Don't pay attention to stupid nerds mad at girls or enbies. Nothing changes their mind.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Judakel posted:

wheel of time is very cheap looking. bad wigs, bad glued-on beards

bad wigs seems like a dangerous choice in a series based mostly around braid-tugging

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Casey Finnigan posted:

why do people think Spike Spiegel was jewish lol? cause his name is Spiegel?

none of the characters have any specific identified ethnicity in the original that I remember except cowboy andy is definitely american, if america still exists.

hes meant to look like bob dylan imo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cloks posted:

the Bajorans and Ferengi in Deep Space Nine

dwarves in most fantasy

the goblins in Harry Potter (but in a bad way)

me, also opening up notepad++

Ferengi are literally American capitalists

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

RSA

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Communist Thoughts posted:

IIRC they used Dylan as a reference for Vincent in Knockin' on Heaven's Door (also a Dylan song ofc)

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

thats really too bad. Dylan is like a million times less cool than his manufacted persona

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 15:47 on Nov 20, 2021

coathat
May 21, 2007

The Netflix one just went for current day Dylan.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it is happening again

https://twitter.com/EPM106/status/1461880622738202634

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

coded Minnesotan

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

My friend's name is also Muncher

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

at least they show enough restraint not to compare it to 1/6

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

who would we declare war on if a giant marshmallow man blew up the towers? i guess it would probably shake out the same way.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

uber_stoat posted:

who would we declare war on if a giant marshmallow man blew up the towers? i guess it would probably shake out the same way.

Probably Belgium or whatever country manufactures Stay-Puft Marshmallows

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/wndrfl_tmrrw/status/1461863074856583168?s=20

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
god it's so gross seeing an account that actually seems like a person diving headfirst into NFTs too late

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/mcclure111/status/1462136019529129986?s=20

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
she’s getting fungible on my token

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Look, don't screw around. Korean webcomics are serious loving business.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

what the hell who wrote this shes a professional webcomic artist she has a publisher and everything

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
man what happened to webcomics? do people still read them in the west or what?

feel like I haven't seen any new western webcomics pop up or get big in 10 straight years

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Casey Finnigan posted:

feel like I haven't seen any new western webcomics pop up or get big in 10 straight years

does hazbin hotel count? the tweens love that poo poo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

they're huge, theyre just called webtoons and share space with other korean/japanese webcomics now.

but some big ones are made by western artists.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the old style I'm starting up my own website to make my own self hosted webcomic is a bit less popular but also still exists.

What happened is a lot of the people who were successful at making their webcomics back in the day transitioned to getting publishing and book deals, especially if they were doing stuff that was popular in young adult demographics. Better to get an advance and a book deal than run your own website and mostly make merch sales at best.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

incredibly white supremacist to assume that just because webcomics are a garbage institution confined to garbage websites in the english language world they must exist in that same ghetto everywhere else too

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I read the episode descriptions of Netflix's Bebop, and it's fairly obvious that they just took since generic Firefly ripoff and dressed it up in Cowboy Bebop, they gace Jet a daughter, just the most boiler plate "Prestige" bullshit

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sharkopath posted:

they're huge, theyre just called webtoons and share space with other korean/japanese webcomics now.

but some big ones are made by western artists.

i hate the vertical scrolling format of those, it really changes the flow of comics and they take advantage of huge white space you endlessly scroll through, it drives me loving insane. obnoxious and terrible.

anyways, there are webcomics out there, hiveworks has a hub of it and it seems like they wanted to aggregate the comics with web developers who run hosting etc. some not great, not terrible, two i really like, Vainglorious by Kelly Bull and Kill Six Billion Demons as well as some James Stokoe works like Orc Stain

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Casey Finnigan posted:

kill six billion demons :black101:

guess it depends on your own definition of big too though

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

i hate the vertical scrolling format of those, it really changes the flow of comics and they take advantage of huge white space you endlessly scroll through, it drives me loving insane. obnoxious and terrible.

anyways, there are webcomics out there, hiveworks has a hub of it and it seems like they wanted to aggregate the comics with web developers who run hosting etc. some not great, not terrible, two i really like, Vainglorious by Kelly Bull and Kill Six Billion Demons as well as some James Stokoe works like Orc Stain

sacrifice of enabling more dense panels for phone reading, alas

theres definitely a lot you lose by having a much more cramped space without a page layout, but everybody just does everything through their phones now so its more popular

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/ButtGuys/status/1127015662465871872

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Gonna start my own business that takes Korean webcomics and edits the panels into the standard comic/manga/manwha page format. Won’t even translate them.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
really enjoyed this examination of dune's special effects and how they pay attention to what could realistically be captured by a camera in such a situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIKupTibxKQ

reminded me of the freaks and losers complaining about not being able to see things clearly during a swordfight in a sandstorm and why i enjoyed it

Judakel has issued a correction as of 02:50 on Nov 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Judakel posted:

really enjoyed this examination of dune's special effects and how they pay attention to what could realistic be captured by a camera in such a situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIKupTibxKQ

reminded me of the freaks and losers complaining about not being able to see things clearly during a swordfight in a sandstorm and why i enjoyed it

"i'm not going to say the approach villenueve takes to putting visuals on screen is better than any others"

oh yeah bitch? guess what, im gunna say exactly that.