Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Dias posted:

It's choppy as hell and I can't tell if it's just a bad capture decision or not.

I think in a post-Power Rangers, post-GBF world people are more okay with simplified input fighting games, being an assist + tag game does add quite a bit of possible depth to it. The character they showed up has a cool kit too.

I didn't get the whole RiotDirect server thing or how it'd improve P2P connections at all tho.

You connect to a localize node which then uses more direct routing to your opponent than normal ISP routing. Riot has been buying fiber optic lines and data centers to do this for over 6 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dias posted:

I didn't get the whole RiotDirect server thing or how it'd improve P2P connections at all tho.

The TL;DR is that League makes so much loving money that Riot built their own separate, faster internet

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Not sure if they hosed up the EU version or something, but it requires ps+ even to get into the main menu

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Arzachel posted:

Not sure if they hosed up the EU version or something, but it requires ps+ even to get into the main menu

every version does

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

dragon enthusiast posted:

The TL;DR is that League makes so much loving money that Riot built their own separate, faster internet

is this the darkweb

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Riot fightmans game looks dope

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Still in RND :argh:

Riot Fighter look rad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Terry isnt in the beta?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

anime was right posted:

it could just be poorly optimized

also twitter video destroys quality

it looks choppy as gently caress on their youtube video too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

surprised it's an assist game

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Arzachel posted:

Turns out it’s not supposed to require ps+ but someone made a mistake and it requires it by accident

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

surprised it's an assist game

wonder if it might use the mvc1/kof striker style thing where some characters are just assists, as a way to get more characters in

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kof feels fine. Idk its more kof. I barely played 14. Dont think i'll be jumping in on 15 until down the road.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

kof xv seems cool. gonna buy it and play it for at LEAST a few days.

what's this about assist characters? what game?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

b_d posted:

what's this about assist characters? what game?
the league fighter

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Blockhouse posted:

is this the darkweb

dorkweb

anyway riot's just as bad as actiblizz which makes me sad they have some of the best art teams in the industry

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I dunno I feel like not having an actual dead person to its name makes Riot a bit less bad than Activision.

That said: fire Ghostcrawler

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Kitfox88 posted:

dorkweb

anyway riot's just as bad as actiblizz which makes me sad they have some of the best art teams in the industry

Eh, as far as I know Riot hasn't sexually abused anyone into suicide.

Not to say that's the threshold for evil or anything.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

wonder if it might use the mvc1/kof striker style thing where some characters are just assists, as a way to get more characters in

Ahri stayed on screen a really long time with a pretty in depth combo after ekko bailed, and we know all the assists shown so far are their own fully made characters as well so Im leaning towards a regular tag fighter.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Barudak posted:

Ahri stayed on screen a really long time with a pretty in depth combo after ekko bailed, and we know all the assists shown so far are their own fully made characters as well so Im leaning towards a regular tag fighter.

there's a clip where the time dude tags into the fox lady mid-combo and the player then controls her, so yes it's a 2v2 game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah thats the exact timestamp I was thinking of.

It'll be interesting to see what 2v2 tweaks they make, especially since my gut is to retain players they'll have to post match medal it up somehow too

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I think they were wondering if some of the characters would be assist only like in those two games, so they can shove more LoL characters in that may not really map well to a fighting game. I've seen a couple people ask that mainly cause the tweet just describes it as an assist game not a tag game.

I don't know if not having your character in the game or having a massively reduced character in the game would make people madder though.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Veev posted:

I think they were wondering if some of the characters would be assist only like in those two games, so they can shove more LoL characters in that may not really map well to a fighting game. I've seen a couple people ask that mainly cause the tweet just describes it as an assist game not a tag game.

I don't know if not having your character in the game or having a massively reduced character in the game would make people madder though.

i mean with league its generally expected you play a few characters so most people will be fine

heimer one-tricks tho, rip to u

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, the characters they showed as assists are also characters who were demonstrated as full fledge characters in the initial reveal.

I guess its possible they have two tiers where some are assist only and some are tag+assist but that seems like a really weird design commitment when its much simpler to assume when they say assist theyre thinking of tag fighters and aren't think about like MvC1

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
These new fgs look like poo poo

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The tag system looks like Power Rangers, where you can switch control to your other character during their assist

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
i was kinda worried about the League fighter since League has no actual artstyle and 90% of the character designs in it are awful but they picked 3 okay ones so far. i always liked that dude cuz he looks like a long lost 5th Playstation mascot platformer protagonist. put that lil dude that is kinda like Vivi and the big woman with the tentacles in it and were gucci.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Illaoi (tentacle lady) is already in Ruined King, so Im gonna guess she won't make it. Riot has not hidden their strategy for getting people to buy skins for less popular characters is to bundle them with more popular ones so Ahri gets to be in both but her support cast will be different is my guess.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

anime was right posted:

i mean with league its generally expected you play a few characters so most people will be fine

heimer one-tricks tho, rip to u

Malphite or bust

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Barudak posted:

Illaoi (tentacle lady) is already in Ruined King, so Im gonna guess she won't make it. Riot has not hidden their strategy for getting people to buy skins for less popular characters is to bundle them with more popular ones so Ahri gets to be in both but her support cast will be different is my guess.

Project L is made by Riot itself, Ruined King was made by a separate developer.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

Project L is made by Riot itself, Ruined King was made by a separate developer.

I get that, but Ahri is an anchor character Riot uses (along with for example Jinx) for their skin lines and seemingly so far for their side projects in order to get standard fans in and then explore their deeper roster to hopefully bolster sales and interest in them. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she was a mandate or pulled from a list of "choose 2 from this list to include in your game"

Edit: Also her orbs is a projectile I want to explore in a game for fighting because I love its goes out and comes in changes in function and it already has a known ex move

Barudak fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Nov 21, 2021

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
One button special inputs is the real L here

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

:hmmyes:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Barudak posted:

I get that, but Ahri is an anchor character Riot uses (along with for example Jinx) for their skin lines and seemingly so far for their side projects in order to get standard fans in and then explore their deeper roster to hopefully bolster sales and interest in them. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she was a mandate or pulled from a list of "choose 2 from this list to include in your game"

Project L seems to just be hitting the most popular/vanilla champions, and Illaoi is one of the least popular and one of the worst, despite how cool she is, so I wouldn't expect her either way.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I have conflicting feelings about this whole things.
It's like the worst person I knew offered me my favorite cake that they baked.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Project L seems to just be hitting the most popular/vanilla champions, and Illaoi is one of the least popular and one of the worst, despite how cool she is, so I wouldn't expect her either way.

Shes in Ruined King is why it came up. I would expect project L to be 16-20 characters base with most slots taken by boring people (Garen, looking at you) with a couple of slots for more less popular people. Since Illaoi already got some time, I figure she'll get passed over for the fighter and like, I dunno, Corki as petshop 2.0 in this

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lemon-Lime posted:

Its sensible that theyll make the core archtypes and most accessible characters the popular ones then branch out into whoever for gameplay

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Given how invasive Riot Vanguard already is, I can only imagine the new version of it for Project L will require you to format your PC and install a Riot Sanctioned and Created Operating System so they know you aren't cheating.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want all the cannon couples in the game. Garen and Katarina, Diana and Leona, Yasuo and being a garbage person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

kirbysuperstar posted:

Given how invasive Riot Vanguard already is, I can only imagine the new version of it for Project L will require you to format your PC and install a Riot Sanctioned and Created Operating System so they know you aren't cheating.

Having seen how much cheating there is on Tekken 7 pc, gently caress with why not