Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I dumped 200GW of energy into my rice and the atoms turned into plasma and then gamma rays, all I have is leftover nitrogen I can't eat this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
PSA: get an instant pot. You can cook rice or anything else perfectly in no time

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
instant pots are usually made of normal terrestrial metals that can't handle rice burning at four trillion degrees

There are some interesting concepts in modern fusion reactor prototypes that may one day allow us to eat rice

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
I too enjoy crispy rice that's been hit with half hour of radiation.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I just keep my rice in my pocket next to my phone so the 5Gs cook it

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I forgot grits in the microwave once and made an inedible corn puck

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rectal Death Adept posted:

instant pots are usually made of normal terrestrial metals that can't handle rice burning at four trillion degrees

There are some interesting concepts in modern fusion reactor prototypes that may one day allow us to eat rice

What's better, a Stellarator Instapot or a Tokamak Instapot?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
^^ this poster gets it
first of all it's pronounced instapot and it is the best way to cook rice I have to agree

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I put my rice at one of the collision points for the LHC and it turned into a soup of exotic particles.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
This? It was once rice. It now simply is.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Rime posted:

I tried to cook rice in the microwave in a "microwave safe" Nordicware dish thing, it melted and caught fire at the 25 minute mark.

I'm not sure what I was thinking, tbqh.

Get a rice cooker

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Fame Douglas posted:

What's better, a Stellarator Instapot or a Tokamak Instapot?

Tokamaks are a more optimal shape for getting your rice as hot as the surface of the sun

Theoretically at least

They've been promising that I'm 20 years away from fully cooking rice for the past 60 years

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
jesus christ don't get an instapot, use the stuff you already have instead of buying more garbage

you can cook rice in a normal pot and it's easy and fine

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
buy more garbage while you still can

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
imagine actually worrying about your consumption now, at the end of all things

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've been living with a zojirushi that has survived several moves, periods of living out of my car and plugging it into external outlets on buildings and pouring bottled water into it for prep, and just general extreme use, and I don't think I can ever go back to anything else. It still makes basically perfect rice every single time, and it's surprisingly versatile on what you can cook in it honestly.

Someday I'm gonna have to replace it and it's gonna suck poo poo. :smith:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Rime please tell me about the dire straits being experienced by the Four Seasons Vancouver

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

T-Paine posted:

PSA: get an instant pot. You can cook rice or anything else perfectly in no time

Just got done turning an 8lb pork shoulder into pulled pork and second this opinon.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
rime of the acrid microwaver

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

All this time I've been taking Rime's word as gospel but now you're telling me he can't make rice? Maybe this whole climate change thing is made up!

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
oh awesome!, i don't have to worry about the end of the world now.

I'm going buy 3 rice cookers and a couple dozen plastic leftover containers to cook a months worth of rice with microplastics to celebrate.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Marenghi posted:

oh awesome!, i don't have to worry about the end of the world now.

I'm going buy 3 rice cookers and a couple dozen plastic leftover containers to cook a months worth of rice with microplastics to celebrate.

don't see how those two statements have any connection

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Rime posted:

It's 30 minutes to cook rice in a microwave. I was very tired. :(

what the gently caress. lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Tokamaks are a more optimal shape for getting your rice as hot as the surface of the sun

Theoretically at least

They've been promising that I'm 20 years away from fully cooking rice for the past 60 years

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Rime posted:

It's 30 minutes to cook rice in a microwave. I was very tired. :(

rime

buddy

turn the microwave off of whatever whackass 5% power saver mode it's got and on to full blast

electricity rationing hasn't started yet

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Source4Leko posted:

I put my rice at one of the collision points for the LHC and it turned into a soup of exotic particles.

Italian wedding particle soup, Fermi would be proud

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

an inch! :confuoot: :parrot:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I cook my loving rice in a loving pot like a pleb

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
the important part is that you're all rinsing your rice well first... right?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

duomo posted:

rime of the acrid microwaver

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

absolutely. learning that was a game changer.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Radirot posted:

an inch! :confuoot: :parrot:

look, they promised to create a $1 trillion a year disaster relief fund for developing nations after roundly failing to create a $100 billion a year fund before

this incredible step forward, politicians making strictly nonbinding promises of things an order of magnitude higher than was previously nonbindingly promised and failed, is the kind of bold action that you couldn't expect 20 years ago

the numbers have gone so far up, you see

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Complications posted:

look, they promised to create a $1 trillion a year disaster relief fund for developing nations after roundly failing to create a $100 billion a year fund before

this incredible step forward, politicians making strictly nonbinding promises of things an order of magnitude higher than was previously nonbindingly promised and failed, is the kind of bold action that you couldn't expect 20 years ago

the numbers have gone so far up, you see

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I feel pity for unwashed rice enjoyers

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I haven't laughed this much in a long time fuckin 30 minutes

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
wash your rice, soak your beans

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Stevie Lee posted:

soak your beans

and then put them into your chili

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

500 good dogs posted:

and then put them into your chili

Come, sweet Chili of Forgetfulness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

500 good dogs posted:

sticky rice is better