Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I swear to god, if CA ever ends up milkshake-ducked, I'm just done with everything

The only game dev I actually might “nope, unh-unh, not the CA that I know”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i dont think he leaves his house

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I reinstalled Morrowind and spent a day modding the hell out of it and holy gently caress it is a great game

I've been thinking of doing that myself, haven't played it in well over a decade. Too bad Bethesda will never make anything like it again though some of the stuff in Elder Scrolls Online approaches it in quality.

Wish more fantasy settings would avoid using a generic and boring medieval European inspired setting.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yeah, I can't think of a single other game like it. Oblivion and Skyrim while good were just not the same.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

How Grand and Intoxicating!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I cant believe it took me this long to get Mario Kart.

e: I'm currently rocking Light-blue Shy Guy and laughing my rear end off

2e: Still laughing.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 11, 2021

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I anyone's interested in an indie adventure platformer in the "Metroidvania"-genre (I had no idea that is a thing), Steamworld Dig 2 is currently for free until 8pm CET (another 2 hours 13 mins from this post) on Steam.

Go grab free game, feel free to dislike later.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/571310/SteamWorld_Dig_2/

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

New Forza Horizon 5 is a lot of fun. I purchased it on Steam but I want to say it is available through Gamepass too

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Nick Soapdish posted:

New Forza Horizon 5 is a lot of fun. I purchased it on Steam but I want to say it is available through Gamepass too

I 100% do not have time for another game, because the DCS bug got me again, and I still haven’t gotten more than halfway through Art of Rally. But it looks so stupid and fun.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Forza Horizon 5 is on gamepass, yes. Been seeing the ads come and go all week on my xbox homepage.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

BF2042 is out if you pre-ordered and it’s fun. Anyone else playing? Would love to play as long as you accept my pre-existing condition of me being garbage.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'm not giving DICE/EA any money until a game is reasonably playable. They've been burning me since the mid 2000s. The open beta was fun so I do plan on getting it, but not at release.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

7 vs 1 asymmetrical dbz game

one person plays a dbz villain, the others run like friday the 13th the game

im down

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

BF2042 is out if you pre-ordered and it’s fun. Anyone else playing? Would love to play as long as you accept my pre-existing condition of me being garbage.

I am. It has been super fun. I actually was able to get the Gold edition for $80 via a grey market dealer.

Also you haven't met garbage until you've seen me play. lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's a reason I play Plunder in Warzone. I can do well with some dumb objective besides kill count. I get so bored with perpetual death match or battle royale. Also because warzone is free.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's a reason I play Plunder in Warzone. I can do well with some dumb objective besides kill count. I get so bored with perpetual death match or battle royale. Also because warzone is free.

BF is pretty much mostly objective based modes.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This is why I like class based shooters and I typically just play medics/anti-armor/ammo bearers. If I try playing with just a rifle I am awful but boy howdy I can do a support role! I will run into fire to resurrect somebody though! K/D be damned.

I am enjoying BF2042, it's more stable than the beta was but I am still having some trouble getting into matches. Seems like they are figuring out the servers, but who knows what's gonna happen on Friday.

And a heads up: Watch out for XP farming maps on Portal, if you spawn with only a grenade or a melee weapon they are farming you.

I did join a farming map called zombies that had a decent (~30) amount of players and then nothing but melee wielding NPCs. I got 90 kills and assists and tons of resupplies but they capped the XP and none of the kills unlock anything! Why not just let us have everything unlocked on Portal then? IDGI.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
BF2042 is EA, right? It'll be on gamepass soon, most likely. I can wait a little bit.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Was it BF4 or one of the Bad Company's when medics got machine guns for some reason and were op as hell? I might be overstating that but I remember it being fun as hell for a while.

e] I'm looking hella forward to playing this but I'll prob wait for some patches as well.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Was it BF4 or one of the Bad Company's when medics got machine guns for some reason and were op as hell? I might be overstating that but I remember it being fun as hell for a while.

e] I'm looking hella forward to playing this but I'll prob wait for some patches as well.

https://twitter.com/BattlefieldComm/status/1461090935174008836?s=20

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

BF2042 is EA, right? It'll be on gamepass soon, most likely. I can wait a little bit.

I don't know when it will be though. I know if you have GP now you can play the trial for 10 hours until Friday.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I downloaded the trial, seems alright but I'll wait anyhow. Also played a little Halo Infinite and, well, it's a halo game, alright.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I downloaded the trial, seems alright but I'll wait anyhow. Also played a little Halo Infinite and, well, it's a halo game, alright.

It's not a bad idea as it will probably be until Nov 30 until most of the bugs in Early Access are fixed. They posted a roadmap. Day 1 patch is pre-EA fixes then another one a week or two later (stuff found in EA and actual release) and then free content a week or so later.

They did post dates, so it's not like the infamous Cyberpunk timeline CDPR posted.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

That was BC2 as I recall, objectively the best battlefield. I will die on that hill.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Arrath posted:

That was BC2 as I recall, objectively the best battlefield. I will die on that hill.

That’s one gentle and rolling hill to die on; Bc2 was definitely the most playful and fun BF game. But for me, BF4 was my fave thanks to all the content and the good memories I have playing with goons. I barely played BF1 and skipped 5 entirely.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

That’s one gentle and rolling hill to die on; Bc2 was definitely the most playful and fun BF game. But for me, BF4 was my fave thanks to all the content and the good memories I have playing with goons. I barely played BF1 and skipped 5 entirely.

For me it’s battlefield three for story missions, and B4 and B1 tied for MP. Battlefield one was the one I played the most with goons on voice poo poo and loving ruled. B4 mp was so good and brought back metro and locker.

Honestly I think EA should keep portal and just keep adding in older content and new contact. I’d love to have battlefield one in an updated engine in terms of being able to be edited via portal and also all the classic maps they can be added.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Arrath posted:

And your lord and savior the Carl Gustav launcher shall welcome you in heaven.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Ah yea i thought it was BC2. 4 was probably the best & 1 was a lot of fun but nam has mad nostalgia value from playing it with my friends back in the day.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
BF1942 with a few of their DLCs for me, I liked how planes, tanks, boats and everything were all integrated and worked well together.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The old BF games, 1942 and Vietnam, rules because they had such a sense of scale compared to everything else at the time. You’d run into an enemy player and you legit felt like it was on accident.

They need to do 1000 person lobbies with the Microsoft Flight Simulator map, is what I’m saying.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bird food bathtub posted:

BF1942 with a few of their DLCs for me, I liked how planes, tanks, boats and everything were all integrated and worked well together.

I remember a glitch in 1942 that would let you drive a boat under the islands and kill people from under the map.

Good times.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

And the absurd collection of vehicles. I miss having a one-man crewed aircraft carrier that you could beach for no loving reason, or carpet bombing in the B-17. The F-15E and Su-34 in BF2 were pretty loving great too.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

They need to do 1000 person lobbies with the Microsoft Flight Simulator map, is what I’m saying.

That's already been done with WWII Online and nobody played it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It used to be pretty popular, with several hundred people on at most hours of the day, but the game is over 20 years old at this point and was looking dated a decade ago. The steam release was also weird, because legacy users couldn't transfer their stats over which didn't help longevity.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

And the absurd collection of vehicles. I miss having a one-man crewed aircraft carrier that you could beach for no loving reason, or carpet bombing in the B-17. The F-15E and Su-34 in BF2 were pretty loving great too.

I really do hope they port over a lot of battlefield one at Battlefield 4 for the portal. I do like in the portal games that everything is already unlocked and battlefield three has all the loving cool attachments and my beloved javelin.

Honestly and not to encourage you to do this they could probably just sell battlefield one portal access as a DLC and the same with battlefield four and other maps and honestly I’m probably expecting them to do this, but making it free or cheaper for people who the previous games would actually be really nice.

Oh yesterday I got access to Xbox cloud on my series X. I previously had access to the one on the PC, but the cool thing with this is you don’t have to install game pass games anymore, well a lot of them like say the battlefield ones and Ark or all these massive huge installs, now you can just go on whenever the hell you want and not to worry about space if you have access to it. It’s still in beta if I’m not mistaken, so I can’t see exactly how rollout works.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nick Soapdish posted:

That's already been done with WWII Online and nobody played it.

I used to play all the time back in the early 2000s. There remains a hard cap on how many players can be drawn at any given time. So when you’d get into big battles, it was entirely possible to die from a person or vehicle that would never render on your screen.

Also it was 1/3 scale map of Europe and completely devoid of anything interesting outside of towns.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
So just a heads up Playstation Store and Best Buy both started their Black Friday deals today. Target starts Sunday and Wal-Mart starts Monday. They all have very similar deals.

PS Store has 12 months of PS Plus for $40. Their games are typically a little more expensive than the disc version from what I see. MK 11 Ultimate is $21.

Best Buy has Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-Man Miles Morales for $30 ($50 for edition that comes with Spider-Man PS4). Assassins Creed Vikings is $20. I picked up Marvel's Avengers because it was $15 and I want to punch MODOK right in his giant fat face. Guardians got decent reviews so $30 doesn't seem bad.

Some first party Switch games are on sale for any new Switch owners.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

switch physical first party games are $50 at walmart normally too, just in case you dont go digital for whatever reason

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Animated gif testbed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

thank god it wasnt a mustang