Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Might have to have a stab at making some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I have also never had "Orange Chicken". It is apparently an America-only Chinese food. Good luck to all those who enjoy it though, wherever in this wide world ye be from.

But the Australian-Chinese food that I love are Dim Sims. Fried or steamed, doesn't matter. Particularly good on a summers day at the beach with some chicken salt.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

ili posted:

Don't think I've ever seen orange chicken before. Is it fried chicken bits in a sticky orange juice sauce?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Global Times with a new Peng sighting

https://twitter.com/HuXijin_GT/status/1462223089119338498?s=20

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ili posted:

Don't think I've ever seen orange chicken before. Is it fried chicken bits in a sticky orange juice sauce?

It is and its delicious, especially with noodles.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Absolutely amazing that they had a camera person at a random teenage tennis match at the exact time she was there! And after they caught massive poo poo for faking a letter she allegedly wrote! That's such a coincidence!

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's like watching a hostage tape

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Oh my god hahahahaha

https://mobile.twitter.com/elisewho/status/1462217602663542788?t=JzEo4l3Uy0sswt5-FX6PQA&s=19

HOW IS CHINA SO BAD AT THIS

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
standing here holding up today's copy of people's daily

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Hello everyone this is Peng Shuai. I just wanted to say hello in this video that I decided to post for no particular reason at 6:39 PM on November 20th, 2021. Now I will have a rest. Thank you.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hello citizens of earth and tennis. My name is Peng Shuai and I am doing well, thank you. I am not being coerced. I know that the Party wants what's best for me and Chinese tennis. Please do not be alarmed, I am well taken care of on this day November 21. :) This smiley indicates I am doing okay and just resting :)

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
My, you're looking particularly untortured on this fine November 20th, Ms Shuai! Let's use our very real freedom of movement to play some tennis somewhere within our country's borders.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
While acknowledging that there was nothing that could have been done to satisfy people watching the situation, it would still be nice if a better effort had been made.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Devils Affricate posted:

My, you're looking particularly untortured on this fine November 20th, Ms Shuai! Let's use our very real freedom of movement to play some tennis somewhere within our country's borders.
Yes, let's! There is nothing I love more than to play tennis. This is what I, Peng Shuai, am most known for around the world and nothing else. Can you repeat the date today, kind friend?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cugel the Clever posted:

Yes, let's! There is nothing I love more than to play tennis. This is what I, Peng Shuai, am most known for around the world and nothing else. Can you repeat the date today, kind friend?

P.S. I was never raped

:smith:

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

quote:

the man said to be Peng’s coach is discussing plans with her and asks, “Isn’t tomorrow Nov. 20?” A woman sitting next to Peng corrects him and says it will be Nov. 21. He then repeats the date twice.

jesus christ man

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ili posted:

Might have to have a stab at making some.

I hugely encourage it. Did it myself last year, it was delicious.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Grand Fromage posted:

Hello everyone this is Peng Shuai. I just wanted to say hello in this video that I decided to post for no particular reason at 6:39 PM on November 20th, 2021. Now I will have a rest. Thank you.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The other thread is doing "not only is Peng Shuai not detained, Jack Ma voluntarily spent an entire month in quiet meditation" that is making the defense of the detainment centres look reasonable.

:sigh:

Edit: and naturally the people going "what the gently caress are you idiots on about" are eating :decorum: probes

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 21, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The other thread is doing "not only is Peng Shuai not detained, Jack Ma voluntarily spent an entire month in quiet meditation" that is making the defense of the detainment centres look reasonable.

:sigh:

Edit: and naturally the people going "what the gently caress are you idiots on about" are eating :decorum: probes

The other thread is off the fuckin rails. I don’t even understand the mental gymnastics going on.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What, like the pyf tankie thread?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
D&D China thread.

I don't even have the words right now.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

ilmucche posted:

What, like the pyf tankie thread?

'Tankie' is probabe now, because it upset the feelings of people who wanted to talk about how there's nothing wrong about a women making sexual assault allegations being black bagged by the security services.

MarcusSA posted:

The other thread is off the fuckin rails. I don’t even understand the mental gymnastics going on.

The mental gymnastics are easy. They've picked a side, and they are convinced that anyone who hasn't picked their side has picked the 'other' side. That's why they get mad at accusations of bad faith posting, not because they aren't, but because they think they are playing a game where everyone is bad faith posting on behalf of their own side and that calling it out is cheating.

It's interesting because their response mirrors the problem of the China's response - because the system reflexively acts to shut down criticism of the CCP as quickly as possible it clearly shut down Peng's social media and started censoring direct and oblique mention of her before anyone stopped to think 'will this create a Streisand effect problem for us?' And then when it did they'd already committed to the usual tactic of making her disappear for a while, and now they're scrambling desperately because this global response isn't in the playbook and they're trying to find some way to stop the reputational bleeding.

I think there are parallels to the Russian state response to Chepiga and Mishkin getting identified as the Salisbury poisoners where they were forced to do a state interview where they had to pretend to be a gay bodybuilder couple on holiday together - ridiculous, but someone had to come up with an alibi for them in half an hour. It wouldn't be surprising to me if we end up at some point in the coming week with Peng doing a similarly awkward interview explaining that Everything Is Fine Really.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Nov 21, 2021

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Alchenar posted:

'Tankie' is probabe now, because it upset the feelings of people who wanted to talk about how there's nothing wrong about a women making sexual assault allegations being black bagged by the security services.

This is lies and slander against the chinese people. We don't know what colour bag they used.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Alchenar posted:

I think the mods are just probating any name calling stuff like that. A guy got probed for calling me a lib a couple days ago.

And it makes sense, like holy poo poo the only comment I'm gonna make on this tennis stuff is the conversation going on is super unproductive, it doesn't make it more productive when half the posters are screaming tankie over and over and the other half are screaming lib.

Alchenar posted:

The mental gymnastics are easy. They've picked a side, and they are convinced that anyone who hasn't picked their side has picked the 'other' side. That's why they get mad at accusations of bad faith posting, not because they aren't, but because they think they are playing a game where everyone is bad faith posting on behalf of their own side and that calling it out is cheating.

Yeah, this is definitely what's up, and its gotten loving nuts. You cannot talk about China stuff without people frothing at the mouth assuming you're just lying or brainwashed or something. So, if that's the assumption, poo poo where do you go from there?

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 21, 2021

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
if I'm being entirely honest, the fact that I have been banned from the D&D China thread makes me more certain than almost anything else in my life that I am actually finding myself on the correct side of an issue

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

BrainDance posted:

Yeah, this is definitely what's up, and its gotten loving nuts. You cannot talk about China stuff without people frothing at the mouth assuming you're just lying or brainwashed or something. So, if that's the assumption, poo poo where do you go from there?

Keep saying true things as calmly as possible, I guess?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Do they also think that the two canadian dudes were anything but political hostages?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Do they also think that the two canadian dudes were anything but political hostages?

They think that Uighurs are being given vocational training.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McGavin posted:

They think that Uighurs are being given vocational training.

don't forget free birth control

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
And free booze with Chinese lessons! Truly a paradise.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

All the pork they can eat!

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Megillah Gorilla posted:

D&D China thread.

I don't even have the words right now.

turns out the tag team of "barely moderated politics forum" and "steadfast refusal to ban people with 150+ probations" turns a forum to dogshit. who knew

Only registered members can see post attachments!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Craig K posted:

turns out the tag team of "barely moderated politics forum" and "steadfast refusal to ban people with 150+ probations" turns a forum to dogshit. who knew

B-b-but their opinions might be valid this time! Wait, no, they're just repeating state media positions uncritically.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

McGavin posted:

B-b-but their opinions might be valid this time! Wait, no, they're just repeating state media positions uncritically.

I think you will find that actually you are the credulous one for not realising that [INSERT PUBLICATION NAME HERE] is a [SECOND/THIRD/FORTH] order CIA propaganda front.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Alchenar posted:

I think you will find that actually you are the credulous one for not realising that [INSERT PUBLICATION NAME HERE] is a [SECOND/THIRD/FORTH] order CIA propaganda front.

Hey buddy, I'm just asking questions based on what I read in People's Daily, which is the only unbiased source of information on the planet.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

McGavin posted:

Hey buddy, I'm just asking questions based on what I read in People's Daily, which is the only unbiased source of information on the planet.

The People's Daily

It's a daily... For the people!

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
https://twitter.com/qiaocollective/status/1462255901943996420?t=uWvHnwbzGLrSjFacarGXwQ&s=19
"The allegations of sexual assault are serious, but clearly all this international attention on the accuser's disappearance and bald-facedly fabricated 'reappearance' is Western imperialism on full display!"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

https://twitter.com/qiaocollective/status/1462255901943996420?t=uWvHnwbzGLrSjFacarGXwQ&s=19
"The allegations of sexual assault are serious, but clearly all this international attention on the accuser's disappearance and bald-facedly fabricated 'reappearance' is Western imperialism on full display!"

Oh I didn’t realize Tom hanks had accused a high ranking government official of something.

Weird!

Guess they just left that little detail out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Alchenar posted:

It wouldn't be surprising to me if we end up at some point in the coming week with Peng doing a similarly awkward interview explaining that Everything Is Fine Really.

This will definitely happen. CGTN is kind of known for their hostage videos, it's just a matter of time.