Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

My eyes glazed over yours right underneath mine and counted it as another MOTYC, far as I can see your count is good.

More people (including the TJPW crew) should watch the match, it was insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm still not sure what happened in Wrestleball. At all

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seriously, the TJPW section of the fight was absolutely magnificent. I wasn't a huge fan of the final section but it all paid off with the INCREDIBLE ending, people really need to watch that match.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
[quote="SG Bamboo" post="518893248"]
DDT Rojo Presents Tokyo Dome Cup October 31st
Match of the Year, Every Year
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Ueno and MAO) vs Team TJPW (Miyu Yamashita, Maki Itoh, Hikari Noa and Hyper Misao) vs Chris Brookes, Gorgeous Matsuno and the Brahman Bros (Shu and Kei) vs Pheromones (Dino "Dandy" Dino, Yuki "Sexy" Iino, Yumeto "Fantastic" Imanari and Tetsuya "Hercules" Endo) vs Shinya Aoki, Kazusada Higuchi, Kazuki Hirata and X Koji from RIZIN

Nth!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

And done! :)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hooray :neckbeard:

I don't think i'll ever stop promoting DDT, it's just so fun. Even if the weird comedy doesn't tickle your fancy you've got incredible young talent, stiff hoss battles and genuinely emotional matches (looking at you Takeshita/Brookes :cry:)

It's by far my favourite promotion on Earth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
25th October
Big Japan Pro Wrestling In Shin-Kiba
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Shigehiro Irie & Yuya Aoki

I already nominated the main event of this show, Parker vs Takeda but since the whole show is now available, no way I didn't seek it out when you have Astronauts on there, the best Tag Team in wrestling. Yes, that's a hot take but i stand by it. They beat people the hell up, and can take it as much as they give it out.

HM
25th October
Big Japan Pro Wrestling In Shin-Kiba
BJW Tag Team Titles
Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi) vs Okami (Daichi Hashimoto & Hideyoshi Kamitani)

BJW is under-rated. Whole show except the opener is worth watching tbh. Opener is a stinker with Abby Jr & Numazawa who are both bad

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1KP4y1L7F4

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Ace Austin vs. Chris Sabin - Impact Wrestling Turning Point, 11/20

HM: Mickie James (c) vs. Mercedes Martinez for the Impact Knockouts Championship - Impact Wrestling Turning Point, 11/20

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 21, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Night 7 November 21st
MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Toi Kojima) vs Yuya Koroku and Hideki Okatani
- Super Hardcore Shunma takes three of the rookies through their first hardcore match and it was loving nuts. Doubly so because this was in the goddamn preshow and got streamed for free on YouTube. And the post match :allears:

Tetsuya Endo vs Yuki Ueno
- I was tense this entire match. This was for all the marbles, and both guys knew that a single wrong step could cost them the tournament. My favourite Ueno performance since Kawasaki Strong in February, Jesus he's had a strong D-Oh. Endo is Endo, he fuckin rules.

HM
HARASHIMA vs Yuji Okabayashi
- There was nothing exactly wrong with this, it just felt kind of off for the first 10 minutes before really picking up. The back half was goddamn amazing, especially after Yuji's busted eye got opened up again

Konosuke Takeshita vs Kazusada Higuchi
- These two saw the last match, went gently caress that and started throwing bombs as soon as possible

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

HM: HARASHIMA vs. Yuji Okabayashi - DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Night 7 11/21
There was nothing exactly wrong with this, it just felt kind of off for the first 10 minutes before really picking up. The back half was goddamn amazing, especially after Yuji's busted eye got opened up again

My favorite match of the night, an easy second for me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
HM: Satu Jinn vs. Hoodfoot - ICW No Holds Barred 20 - 11/20/21

What the gently caress this match was insane.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edward Mass posted:

HM: Ace Austin vs. Chris Sabin - Impact Wrestling Turning Point, 11/20

The KO title match was all I hoped for so personally

MOTYC: Mickie James (c) vs Mercedes Martinez for the Impact Knockouts Championship - Impact Wrestling Turning Point, 11/20

and

MOTYC: Moose (c) vs Eddie Edwards for the Impact Worlds Championship, Full Metal Mayhem Match - Impact Wrestling Turning Point, 11/20

I don't think those two could have a bad match against each other if they tried, nasty bumps galore and even the interference didn't drag this down for me (it was pretty obvious story-line wise). Crowd being absolutely in for the ride added to the whole thing (especially the blood-thirsty kids).

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

HM: Nick Wayne vs. Joey Janela, DEFY Brutalist, 11/20

My heart says MOTYC but that might be the live experience talking and nobody else is gonna see it anyhow so I’ll be conservative. Really good, though; Wayne is the ideal young flippy guy but with the advantage of real training, and Janela knows how to work with young flippy guys. Plus Wayne is always going to have the DEFY crowd fanatically behind him. Could have been a bit shorter.

Also I think Janela adopted Wayne after the match? It got a bit emotional.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Thanlis posted:

HM: Nick Wayne vs. Joey Janela, DEFY Brutalist, 11/20

My heart says MOTYC but that might be the live experience talking and nobody else is gonna see it anyhow so I’ll be conservative. Really good, though; Wayne is the ideal young flippy guy but with the advantage of real training, and Janela knows how to work with young flippy guys. Plus Wayne is always going to have the DEFY crowd fanatically behind him. Could have been a bit shorter.

Also I think Janela adopted Wayne after the match? It got a bit emotional.

I'll second

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
HM: Robbie Eagles vs El-Phantasmo, NJPW, WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2021 & BEST OF THE SUPER Jr. 28 Nov 21, 2021

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs El Desperado, NJPW, WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2021 & BEST OF THE SUPER Jr.28 Nov 21, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seams posted:

HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs El Desperado, NJPW, WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2021 & BEST OF THE SUPER Jr.28 Nov 21, 2021

An easy second, this was great and the backstage comments postmatch were great. The 30 minutes just flew by!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HM: Lio Rush and Ariya Daivari vs El Phantasmo and Chris Bey, New Japan Strong November 20th.

A swift, funny, really enjoyable tag between excellent performers. Daivari is still working out who he is post-WWE but once he gets his alignment nailed down he's going to kill it. Not essential viewing but very enjoyable, and the double backrake to the carpet was fantastic.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously, the TJPW section of the fight was absolutely magnificent. I wasn't a huge fan of the final section but it all paid off with the INCREDIBLE ending, people really need to watch that match.

The final section (When just an entirely normal cricket game breaks out) really soured me personally on the otherwise phenomenal Tokyo Dome Cup.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
HM: Sammy Guevara vs Jay Lethal: Dynamite 17/11
HM: Jurassic Express vs Adam Cole & Bobby Fish: Rampage 19/11

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Jurassic Express vs Adam Cole & Bobby Fish: Rampage 11/19

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Best of the Super Jrs/World Tag League Night 7 November 21st
HM
DOUKI vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
- Real fun match between buds that had me thinking it could go either way in the finishing stretch

El Phantasmo vs Robbie Eagles
- This match was awesome, definitely the match of the night. The Burning Hammer especially looked insane, I had to rewind it a half dozen times

El Desperado vs Hiromu Takahashi
- Two of the best in the division have another great match, although I got spoiled on the result before watching so didn't enjoy it as much as Robbie/ELP

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Seams posted:

HM: Robbie Eagles vs El-Phantasmo, NJPW, WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2021 & BEST OF THE SUPER Jr. 28 Nov 21, 2021

HM for this.

I'll go full MOTYC for Despy/Hiromu. Went in unspoiled and loved it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HM: Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair, WWE Survivor Series 11/22

Match quality it'd be a low MOTYC but a flat ending and just awful commentary and production makes it hard to give it a MOTYC.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Testekill posted:

HM: Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair, WWE Survivor Series 11/22

Match quality it'd be a low MOTYC but a flat ending and just awful commentary and production makes it hard to give it a MOTYC.

Nth. Was really good minus the ending falling short.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
MOTYC: Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair, WWE Survivor Series 11/22

I'll go MOTYC here. That ruled.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs. Egg

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
17th November
AEW Dynamite
The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster) vs Dante Martin & Lio Rush

Pretty sure this is the rare time when I rate an AEW match higher than Dave Meltzer.

HM
17th November
AEW Dynamite
TNT Title
Sammy Guevara vs Jay Lethal

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
- Real fun match between buds that had me thinking it could go either way in the finishing stretch

- This match was awesome, definitely the match of the night. The Burning Hammer especially looked insane, I had to rewind it a half dozen times

- Two of the best in the division have another great match, although I got spoiled on the result before watching so didn't enjoy it as much as Robbie/ELP

Yeah this. Hiromu/Desperado was borderline MOTYC

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

WMOTYC: The Rock anniversary battle royale, Survivor Series 11/22

Pizza was the most important thing in this shitshow

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Testekill posted:

nth

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Testekill posted:

Nth. Just embarrassing television.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Testekill posted:

nth

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

WMOTYC: Raw Women vs Smackdown Women, WWE Survivor Series 11/22

What an absolute shitshow, nobody gets over. Liv and Shotzi were both awful out there

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

WMOTYC: Big E Vs. Roman Reigns, WWE Survivor Series 11/22

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

2nd, Roman Reigns spends the entire match telling Big E he doesn't belong and then wins clean.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pinche Rudo posted:

nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Yeah agreed. Fun show

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

Nth. Big E deserves better and Roman needs to learn to work heel heat segments with more than walk-and-brawl (although this is more of a larger WWE problem).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

nth