Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Douchebag posted:

Grabbed a couple of packs of the 32 degree thermals for my wife and I for an outdoor event tomorrow (in NJ), gonna put them to the test under my fleece lined Costco cargo pants. Thankfully it won't be very windy but going by how much everyone raves about them on here, I hope they work.

I think you'll be happy, I wear a pair of those under my jeans along with a nice coat and I'm ready for winter in NJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I worked visitor services at a National Forest for a while and some days I was stationed at a desk that was essentially outside, it was in a building but the front stayed open so you dealt with whatever the weather was. I still had to basically wear khakis and dress shirts for my work clothes and those 32 Degrees long underwear were loving EVERYTHING to me. I'd get up at 6 AM to go work on a cold mountain but as soon as I'd slip those babies on it's like getting a warm hug from a good friend. They way they caress you is almost like a weighted blanket, your day might be garbage but there's something soothing about having your legs all snug and cozy. And warm, of course.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

they're a really great priced, thinner layer thermal for sure. the leggings are a little tight in the crotch at least for me, but i am a big fan. combining them with some heavier duty thermals is fuckin :discourse:

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Johnny Truant posted:

the leggings are a little tight in the crotch at least for me, but i am a big fan.

:chord:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Costco: Humblebragging about our crotches

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Very excited to go to Costco this afternoon. Gonna buy three packs of their three pack of organic milk because it’s a fantastic deal and my children refuse to acknowledge that plain water exists.

I’m not limited by the extremely long expiration date, I’m only limited by how many will fit in the fridge.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
Just made me some gnocchi, topped with Victoria white linen marinara sauce.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

BadSamaritan posted:

Very excited to go to Costco this afternoon. Gonna buy three packs of their three pack of organic milk because it’s a fantastic deal and my children refuse to acknowledge that plain water exists.

I’m not limited by the extremely long expiration date, I’m only limited by how many will fit in the fridge.

Extremely same. I think last time I went and did the math - the giant jug of milk (or two of them) is actually a better deal, but I usually have a real hard time finishing off the jug before it goes bad once opened. Don’t have that problem with the three cartons.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

phosdex posted:

Is anyone using the car+home insurance through Costco? The quotes I got are cheaper than my current but I suppose it really comes down to the service when you need it.

I got mine through Costco. I live in Washington and it was through American Family Insurance Connect (whatever that means). Seemed fine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Got back a little while ago from my first Costco visit in like 6 months or so. I picked up those 505 Hatch chilis and am excited about those. I plan to put them on scrambled eggs first. I got the huge multipound bag of Normandy Blend veggies, as is tradition, and I never realized how cheap they are. They're like $7 or so. That's just insane. I got 3.89lbs of top sirloin for about $30. I'm going to use my FoodSaver that I got from Costco to seal those bad boys up and freeze 'em.

I got my dog and drink (with refill) and yeah the paper bags aren't great. I was able to get a paper straw though so that was good. I asked if they'd ever get the onion dispenser back and the guy said no. :smith: They don't keep any to give out either.

Also still no deli mustard. The dog experience really isn't the same anymore.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Has anyone bought the Costco motorcycle?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I can’t decide between the motorcycle and the fancy ham

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

I can’t decide between the motorcycle and the fancy ham

How else are you going to get the ham home?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I asked if they'd ever get the onion dispenser back and the guy said no. :smith:

Times have been tough, just let me have hope.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

I picked up cheese danishes yesterday for a Saturday breakfast treat and those things are legit. A solid half inch of tangy cream cheese filling in those bad boys with none of that weird goopy filler glaze.

Also got some rambutans they are a fantastic hairy fruit.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Ror posted:

Times have been tough, just let me have hope.

Time to start bringing purse onions.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I will never go on a Saturday again! So crowded, no turkey breasts (only five people at thanksgiving this year, so no point to a whole bird), no sherpas (I want another one dammit!), no frozen crab, no chestnuts, and worst of all no Kirkland Dowdle! The manager promised they were coming and I always try to go right after the restocking is done. Booooo.

Although I did manage to get most of what I need for thanksgiving, including wine that I’m excited to try, and a chicken bake for lunch. So whatever, Costco is still great, PBUC and all that.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Got Moderna Boostered plus a 4-pack of Martinelli's for thanksgiving and a 5-pack of deodorant that was on sale. PBUC

e: did see a dumb old guy in a Patriots hat with a "Let's go Brandon" mask on. should be allowed to desecrate costco grounds with that poo poo

Poopelyse fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 20, 2021

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Costco: Humblebragging about our crotches

Look man, some dogs come with free refill

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Poopelyse posted:

Got Moderna Boostered plus a 4-pack of Martinelli's for thanksgiving and a 5-pack of deodorant that was on sale. PBUC

e: did see a dumb old guy in a Patriots hat with a "Let's go Brandon" mask on. should be allowed to desecrate costco grounds with that poo poo

Combo lovely old guy. Never feel bad about having a moral duty to punch a Nazi.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I will never go on a Saturday again! So crowded, no turkey breasts (only five people at thanksgiving this year, so no point to a whole bird), no sherpas (I want another one dammit!), no frozen crab, no chestnuts, and worst of all no Kirkland Dowdle! The manager promised they were coming and I always try to go right after the restocking is done. Booooo.

Although I did manage to get most of what I need for thanksgiving, including wine that I’m excited to try, and a chicken bake for lunch. So whatever, Costco is still great, PBUC and all that.

Weekdays during lunchtime are worse. It's just as crowded, but it's only super old people.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Having to visit a second church in the morning. The closer one was out of pumpkin cheesecake.

Have to wake up early and be there for opening to hopefully grab one.

No cold brew cans in months :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Poopelyse posted:

Degree? I just picked that up. It was like $6-7. You can buy maybe 1.5-2 regular deodorants for that.

skipdogg posted:

No cold brew cans in months :(

I just picked some up. Sorry homie. :(

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I know it's the middle of nowhere but I don't like that there aren't any Costcos between Palm Springs, CA and Prescott, AZ.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bought two of the Pendleton Sherpas today and oh man I don’t think I’m gonna leave this thing for the next three months

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

So the Costco carne asada is legit. Also grab the Kirkland "organic chunky guacamole" it comes in those little single-serving containers, about one per burrito, it's one of the best premade guacs I've found, I just add some lime to it and it's about perfect, and it has the benefit over your regular homemade guac because unlike the standard 'cado which is always dictating the timeline, like, I'm ripe now and use me within the chosen day or I start to turn to trash, these lil tubs are good when you are ready. Also these carne packs are generous, so use some for breakfast burritos with cheese, pico and your choice of hot sauce - which is Cholula of course because the church has two--packs of this mystical sauce at a very good price.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
And I will one more time rep the uncooked tortillas for the most important ingredient. A couple seconds in a dry cast iron and they're amazing for burritos and quesadillas.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Soul Dentist posted:

And I will one more time rep the uncooked tortillas for the most important ingredient. A couple seconds in a dry cast iron and they're amazing for burritos and quesadillas.

Our Costco stopped carrying these and I am distraught :negative:

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gaius Marius posted:

Heads up if you want a pumpkin, pecan, or apple pie get it now. Our sales are so much higher than projections we're likely going to run out Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Weird work related question: are y'all having trouble getting in and keeping stocks of laundry detergent? I'm not at Costco but I'm a distributor and holy gently caress we suddenly got three truckloads of laundry detergent cancelled (all P&G products) because there aren't jugs.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Corn Glizzy posted:

Bought two of the Pendleton Sherpas today and oh man I don’t think I’m gonna leave this thing for the next three months

Which pattern did you get? I managed to snag two, so my parents are covered finally on holiday gifts--meat, blankets, and old people track suits from Costco are what they asked for this year.

Also check the laundry instructions, I think most of them are dry clean only (but real talk with Pendleton I machine wash cold and hang it to dry bc it's greasewool and it won't felt too bad so much as full it as long as there's no heat and very very little agitation).

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Bibliotechno Music posted:

So whatever, Costco is still great, PBUC and all that.

you speak the words but they ring hollow in my ears

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

AKZ posted:

you speak the words but they ring hollow in my ears

I am being tested. My spirit is low, but the flame of faith still burns in my breast.

Finding a Kirkland Dowdle would really help tbh.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

So yeah the 32 Degrees thermals are awesome. Wife and I love them. Spent 8 hours outside yesterday at the racetrack, half when the sun went down, and they did a better job than any thermals I’ve ever purchased before. Love how thin they are and not scratchy at all.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

AcidCat posted:

So the Costco carne asada is legit. Also grab the Kirkland "organic chunky guacamole" it comes in those little single-serving containers, about one per burrito, it's one of the best premade guacs I've found, I just add some lime to it and it's about perfect, and it has the benefit over your regular homemade guac because unlike the standard 'cado which is always dictating the timeline, like, I'm ripe now and use me within the chosen day or I start to turn to trash, these lil tubs are good when you are ready. Also these carne packs are generous, so use some for breakfast burritos with cheese, pico and your choice of hot sauce - which is Cholula of course because the church has two--packs of this mystical sauce at a very good price.

How long do those guacamole packs last?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My opinion on pre-made manufactured guac is that its gross as hell.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You think I could make a chicken breast marinade with those 505 Hatch Chilis? I still haven't tried them yet but drat that's a huge jar and will last me a year if I don't find ways to use it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

I know it's the middle of nowhere but I don't like that there aren't any Costcos between Palm Springs, CA and Prescott, AZ.

poo poo, call me surprised that Prescott has one.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Chinatown posted:

My opinion on pre-made manufactured guac is that its gross as hell.

:hai:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You think I could make a chicken breast marinade with those 505 Hatch Chilis? I still haven't tried them yet but drat that's a huge jar and will last me a year if I don't find ways to use it.

Absolutely. Also make a green chile sauce, with onions, garlic, a roux and chicken stock. Then make enchiladas. And slather the leftover sauce on everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Just visited the brand new Pooler Costco! There was :siren: NO LINE :siren: at the gas pumps because the price sign isn’t up yet, my lucky day!