Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Calhanoglu can gently caress right off for the rest of his beshitted career imo, just imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I had to listen to the game on the radio yesterday because I was driving, so I only heard the description of this. Nice gesture by the ultras to use their big occasion to thank the doctors and medical workers for "getting everyone back in to the stadium".

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Gigi Galli posted:

I had to listen to the game on the radio yesterday because I was driving, so I only heard the description of this.

Where can you listen to series a on the radio??

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

grvm posted:

Where can you listen to series a on the radio??

I use ascoltareradio.com and just listen to the RAI1 broadcast. Obviously it’s in Italian.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Some random and Croatocentric questions if I may

What are the most positive Italian teams in terms of ownership not being too evil&rich&only about profit, and fan base being the least racist and violent?

Any thoughts about Tudor and Jurić? Tudor has been praised lately as getting Verona to play "madly" and Jurić for speaking up to Torino owners and doing a good job overall. Is this shared in Italy too?

A bit of a long shot, but I'd be curious if you have any opinion of Toma Bašić, Lazio midfielder, and Martin Erlić, Spezia defender. Looking at options for the national team.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Malaver posted:

Some random and Croatocentric questions if I may

What are the most positive Italian teams in terms of ownership not being too evil&rich&only about profit, and fan base being the least racist and violent?

Any thoughts about Tudor and Jurić? Tudor has been praised lately as getting Verona to play "madly" and Jurić for speaking up to Torino owners and doing a good job overall. Is this shared in Italy too?

A bit of a long shot, but I'd be curious if you have any opinion of Toma Bašić, Lazio midfielder, and Martin Erlić, Spezia defender. Looking at options for the national team.

I’m struggling to think of an ownership that doesn’t have problems; there are so many Americans (who are all financial criminals or are involved in other loathsome industries like telecom) and the domestic owners are all insane or likewise criminals. Maybe Percassi of Atalanta or Corsi of Empoli. Fanbase wise the only real bastards are Lazio and Verona but everyone has their problem ultras. Napoli supporters are usually good people, though again, they also have ultras. There hasn’t been a wholesome set of fans since Livorno. The Venezia lads seem good so far but they are Veneto and if I know my own people it’s only a matter of time before they do something stupid.

Tudor and Juric are both doing very well, Tudor especially. Verona are punching far above their weight and are taking a lot of points off big teams. Juric, in my opinion, has been unlucky to not be higher in the table though he has a much better team than Verona on paper. Really any stabilization after their recent seasons can be seen as a success and he has provided that and more. Other than Pioli I would say Tudor is easily the best manager of the past few months.

Out of the two players you mentioned, Basic is the only one I’ve noticed playing; I recognize Erlic’s name but I don’t watch enough of Spezia to have an opinion. Basic is good enough to be playing for a team that doesn’t have the midfield strength Lazio does. I also think any player that isn’t an obvious starter will struggle to get time in Sarri’s teams. He is playing for a starting spot with Cataldi and Lucas Leiva in this system and that’s hard to break in to.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Ternana supporters are supposed to be quite left wing and even though I know very little about them I plan to plastic for them whenever I get really sick of Agnelli's bullshit.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

I’m struggling to think of an ownership that doesn’t have problems; there are so many Americans (who are all financial criminals or are involved in other loathsome industries like telecom) and the domestic owners are all insane or likewise criminals. Maybe Percassi of Atalanta or Corsi of Empoli. Fanbase wise the only real bastards are Lazio and Verona but everyone has their problem ultras. Napoli supporters are usually good people, though again, they also have ultras. There hasn’t been a wholesome set of fans since Livorno. The Venezia lads seem good so far but they are Veneto and if I know my own people it’s only a matter of time before they do something stupid.

Tudor and Juric are both doing very well, Tudor especially. Verona are punching far above their weight and are taking a lot of points off big teams. Juric, in my opinion, has been unlucky to not be higher in the table though he has a much better team than Verona on paper. Really any stabilization after their recent seasons can be seen as a success and he has provided that and more. Other than Pioli I would say Tudor is easily the best manager of the past few months.

Out of the two players you mentioned, Basic is the only one I’ve noticed playing; I recognize Erlic’s name but I don’t watch enough of Spezia to have an opinion. Basic is good enough to be playing for a team that doesn’t have the midfield strength Lazio does. I also think any player that isn’t an obvious starter will struggle to get time in Sarri’s teams. He is playing for a starting spot with Cataldi and Lucas Leiva in this system and that’s hard to break in to.

Thanks! Ownership doesn't sound too bad, I mean I'll take telecoms over EPL murderers any time. Might start plastic for Atalanta. I like Gasperini's style and he looks affable, and I like that Pašalić plays an important part.

So you're a Milanista from Venezia? And you support Pioli regardless of CL thrashing? It's a strong group but I expected more than 1 point from 4 games.

Bašić is usually a substitute for Sergej so I thought he competes with him for the starting spot. BTW Sergej was treated in Serbia a few years ago like the Next Big Thing and then vanished in mediocrity but I watched him yesterday in Portugal vs Serbia and he was central to all Serbian efforts...

Simone Poodoin posted:

Ternana supporters are supposed to be quite left wing and even though I know very little about them I plan to plastic for them whenever I get really sick of Agnelli's bullshit.

Never even heard of them but I'll start paying attention. :)

Doctor Malaver fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 15, 2021

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Malaver posted:

Thanks! Ownership doesn't sound too bad, I mean I'll take telecoms over EPL murderers any time. Might start plastic for Atalanta. I like Gasperini's style and he looks affable, and I like that Pašalić plays an important part.

So you're a Milanista from Venezia? And you support Pioli regardless of CL thrashing? It's a strong group but I expected more than 1 point from 4 games.

Bašić is usually a substitute for Sergej so I thought he competes with him for the starting spot. BTW Sergej was treated in Serbia a few years ago like the Next Big Thing and then vanished in mediocrity but I watched him yesterday in Portugal vs Serbia and he was central to all Serbian efforts...

Gasperini is kind of a big baby when things don’t go his way; like a much less smug Mourinho. It’s his big flaw I think.

I’m from Vicenza which is in the same region as Venezia, the Veneto. There was a local saying that was effectively “Vicenza - Verona - Belluno, triangle of racism”, and the region spawns its fair share of right wing idiots for various reasons. That’s what I was getting at with the Venezia supporters. As for Pioli in the CL I think the points don’t really show how well we’ve been playing. The only game where I think we were really poo poo was the away match at Porto. Nobody had a lot of expectations going in to this, and while 1 point is pretty embarrassing, being top of the league is a nice consolation. Hopefully this year we don’t fall apart again. Pioli has done s much better job than expected and almost none of the players are dead weight, unlike just a few years ago when half the squad was overpaid garbagemen and the manager rotated every 6 months.

The reason I didn’t think Basic was fighting for a place with Sergej is because Milinkovic Savic is probably the first name on the team sheet. I don’t know how the press treated him in Serbia but he’s been one of the leagues best players for years now. He’s not a world beater every game but he can be when the situation is right.

What do Croatian fans think of Rebic these days? He’s been hurt for a while but the cameras always show him in the stands and he is one of those players that we all love to see, standing up and shouting and basically looking like he’s dying to get in the game and play. I’d love to see him back on the right with Leao opposite and Ibra in the middle.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Rebić is a brute with incredible self-confidence. After Euro he publicly posted that Croatia had been playing like poo poo (his exact words) for 2-3 years, and implied it was Dalić's fault. That was actually true, but it was rude and ungrateful since Dalić kept him in the starting 11 all that time, despite varying form. Naturally, he got thrown out, along with a few other players. So it was the brute vs the incompetent manager, and the public was divided.

It took Dalić quite a few games but he finally got Croatia back on track. We have some good young new players, the veterans still perform, and even the rebels have been invited back... except Rebić. The implication is that I) he was wrong about the manager, II) we can play just fine without him, and III) he's the black sheep while everybody else gets along.

Having said all that, he's still a World Cup silver medalist, his goal against Argentina will be remembered forever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ItffGdbkQ

...and Milan is still popular with older crowd. So no worries about him. The media report his goals and assists regularly and he's just an apology away from getting back into action.

My wet dream was to watch him, Ibra and Mandžukić tear thru defenses, but I don't think they were ever on the pitch at the same time.

Doctor Malaver fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 17, 2021

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Doctor Malaver posted:

Never even heard of them but I'll start paying attention. :)

you could plastic for napoli. huge club with a lot of history, have been toward the top of the italian clubs on and off for a while and in the midst of a pretty good period with a handful of exciting players. osimhen is cool

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

fiorentinas stadium seems dogshit

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

fiorentinas stadium seems dogshit

their loud Brooklyn uncle of an owner has been trying to build a new one, but, ya know, Italian politics

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Credit to Fiorentina but we pissed that away more than once. Tatarusanu back to his old tricks and Theo trying to be cute cost us that match. Nothing to do about Saponara’s and Vlahovic’s first.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Is Busio actually decent, seems he set up another goal today. Also what are Venezia's chances of staying up?

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Feels nice to finally beat a top team, even though it took 8 minutes of added time and numerous heart attacks to do it. No way that should have been so exciting.

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 21, 2021

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

Is Busio actually decent, seems he set up another goal today. Also what are Venezia's chances of staying up?

While that assist was actually pretty lucky (he lost control and the ball fell right to the goal scorer), I do think he's legit. He is always active and making himself available as an outlet, pushes the ball forward instead of just passing it backwards or sideways, is good on the counter, and is solid in defensive cover. I think he'll move to a bigger European club before long.

GreatestLurker posted:

Feels nice to finally beat a top team, even though it took 8 minutes of added time and numerous heart attacks to do it. No way that should have been so exciting.

Congrats for not dying on that final Mertens volley attempt. That was an epic battle.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

GreatestLurker posted:

Change that 8 to a 6 and I could literally make the exact same post for Fiorentina yesterday. Uncanny.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I think Venezia are finally getting it together, and some not so small part of that is Busio playing well. The first few games I saw him in he was very bad. No idea what to do and looked easily intimidated and beaten every time he went for a ball. He has grown in to the role and is playing much better now; probably just adjustment time from going from MLS to a big time league.

With how bad Cagliari and Salernitana have been I think Venezia have a good chance to stay up. They’ll have to keep winning the games they should be though, which is something they just started doing. They were dropping garbage points just a few match days ago.

Inter played well today; that was a very important match and they were up to it. Can’t even blame it on Napolol, they didn’t do much wrong.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Looks like Osihmen is out til at least January as he’s fractured his orbital and cheekbone. I wonder if Napoli will try to sign someone in the winter window to cover just in case.

I feel bad for him; every time he starts to shine he’s gotten hurt.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

He might miss the african cup too

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

tbp posted:

you could plastic for napoli. huge club with a lot of history, have been toward the top of the italian clubs on and off for a while and in the midst of a pretty good period with a handful of exciting players. osimhen is cool

I can't plastic for the team that's #1, I'm not American or something

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Doctor Malaver posted:

I can't plastic for the team that's #1, I'm not American or something

their best players have long-term injuries atm, they may not be #1 for long

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
https://mobile.twitter.com/juvefcdotcom/status/1464399171285364737

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Chievo were docked 3 points for similar shady accounting practices on transfers, but Juve were doing this on valuations a few orders of magnitude higher than Chievo’s.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I think Juve will get away with a biggish fine; they have good lawyers and plusvalenza is a normal thing. Even if the sums are outrageous it’s hard to prove objectively that players are worth whatever amount of euros.

Chievo could barely afford to defend themselves in court and were on the edge of solvency as it was.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The other thing I forgot about the Chievo situation is that they included some players in their transfer accounting reports that were never under contract with the club originally, which isn’t the case here.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

hakan seems to be getting better

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tbp posted:

hakan seems to be getting better

Was the goal good or did Correa do all the work? I just tuned in.

Rossi scored for SPAL today also :getin:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

What's with the red colour on the cheeks?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Malaver posted:

What's with the red colour on the cheeks?

It’s a charity/awareness campaign against domestic violence. The league has been doing it a few years now, seems like a good gesture.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That was Jozy-esque from Tessman.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

That was Jozy-esque from Tessman.

presumably not Eredivisie jozy?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Teeth posted:

presumably not Eredivisie jozy?

Any reference to Jozy is to Sunderland Jozy.

And to be fair to Tessman his work to get in to a shooting position was great, just an absolute wet fart of a finish.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Was the goal good or did Correa do all the work? I just tuned in.

Rossi scored for SPAL today also :getin:

it was quite good imo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tbp posted:

it was quite good imo

hmm just watched it and yeah. Pretty great strike.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If Milan didn’t exist Berardi would not have a career, I swear to god.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Milan are mid-table team without Fikayo Tomori

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dilkington posted:

Milan are mid-table team without Fikayo Tomori

Sure looks that way op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

No way Sarri makes it to Christmas; thought he might have a chance til that last second goal tonight. That was a hell of a game.