Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Grumio posted:

He holds the forbidden knowledge of the Five Finger Clit/Brown/Taint-area Punch

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Qylvaran posted:

Not sure if these are names of podcasts, a hard to parse "Under Pressure" joke, or both (neither?).

It was an Under Pressure joke to me, I'm not sure if that's what everyone else was going for though

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

That sure is an account name.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm convinced its not the target audience of these ads that actually believe this bullshit. Instead, marketing companies have convinced themselves and others that it actually works to justify their continued existence. It feels like people are making fun of the wrong target.

All of this "Man" stuff is tiresome. Putting Pert Plus in a camo package doesn't make it manly. Putting bacon in everything is not manly.

I like Jasmine and Lavender myself. A little bay is nice too. My wife likes the smell.

A real men's shampoo would be made of sand, wood chips, and fox piss. It would be scented with 2 cycle exhaust and stale beer from a can you found on the side of the road. Then you'd smell like a real hard working, hard farting, rough and tumble, unemployed, alcoholic, glue huffing, drifter that all the women want.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sir Lemming posted:

It was an Under Pressure joke to me, I'm not sure if that's what everyone else was going for though

Deedee Megadoodoo is how a news anchor pronounced the name Deidre Mengedoht, a cop who had died. I believe poster 3D Megadoodoo is named after that?

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Steve Jorbs posted:

That sure is an account name.

i have, on numerous occasions, typoed "like" as "k*ke" and invariably felt awful about it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I had to look it up, it's actually Kiké's Red Taco, with a somewhat poorly thought-out logo and social media name

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

For the ignorant, Kike is a fairly common Spanish nickname for Enrique. Nothing untoward here.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I wonder why the tacos are red.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
if blue corn and tortillas are athing, I assume they have red and other colors.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Both red corn and cayenne seasoned/flavored tortillas are a thing.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Birria tacos?

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

For the ignorant, Kike is a fairly common Spanish nickname for Enrique. Nothing untoward here.
Of course, it doesn’t come across very well in the profile name though lol.

If waffles can be blue then I don’t see why tacos can’t be red.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah it's a birria place

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Birria rules. Drag my tacos through the meat swamp and shove them in my stupid face

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/22/22796271/uber-eats-order-weed-cannabis-marijuana-app-ontario-canada-no-delivery

"Uber is partnering with a cannabis retailer in Canada to allow cannabis purchases via its Uber Eats food delivery platform. The arrangement does not include delivery of weed orders, however, but makes it possible for users in Ontario to order products from Tokyo Smoke in a dedicated section on the Uber Eats app.

For customers in Ontario, in the Uber Eats app, select either the “cannabis” category or search for “Tokyo Smoke.” After confirming their age, the customer is directed to the menu of a Tokyo Smoke store in the area to place their order, which Uber says will be filled within an hour. The consumer then picks up their order at the Tokyo Smoke store."

So what is Uber Eats really doing besides being the middle man to let you preorder at a premium, when you have to go all the way down to the store yourself to get it anyway. What value is this adding besides checking what the 1 dispensary they're using has on menu beforehand? Wouldn't they already have a website that can do these things (or should at least by now)?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

cinni posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/22/22796271/uber-eats-order-weed-cannabis-marijuana-app-ontario-canada-no-delivery

"Uber is partnering with a cannabis retailer in Canada to allow cannabis purchases via its Uber Eats food delivery platform. The arrangement does not include delivery of weed orders, however, but makes it possible for users in Ontario to order products from Tokyo Smoke in a dedicated section on the Uber Eats app.

For customers in Ontario, in the Uber Eats app, select either the “cannabis” category or search for “Tokyo Smoke.” After confirming their age, the customer is directed to the menu of a Tokyo Smoke store in the area to place their order, which Uber says will be filled within an hour. The consumer then picks up their order at the Tokyo Smoke store."

So what is Uber Eats really doing besides being the middle man to let you preorder at a premium, when you have to go all the way down to the store yourself to get it anyway. What value is this adding besides checking what the 1 dispensary they're using has on menu beforehand? Wouldn't they already have a website that can do these things (or should at least by now)?

Literally nothing, they have an online store (I just checked). Some marketing/sales rear end in a top hat went to the tokyo smoke people and was like - yo we'll get you more sales if you partner with us, reach, branding, etc! And the tokyo smoke people were like 'ok.' is all that happened.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

A consequence of legal, taxable weed is dumb and annoying marketing gimmicks.

No delivery is a missed opportunity though. There's a big market of medicinal users who have limited mobility for one reason or another.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Captain Monkey posted:

Some marketing/sales rear end in a top hat went to the tokyo smoke people and was like - yo we'll get you more sales if you partner with us, reach, branding, etc! And the tokyo smoke people were like 'ok.' is all that happened.

It is entirely possible that they didn't even do that much

https://www.eater.com/2020/1/29/21113416/grubhub-seamless-kin-khao-online-delivery-mistake-doordash

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Fruits of the sea posted:

There's a big market of medicinal users who have limited mobility for one reason or another.
True, but also lol.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

True, but also lol.

getting weed delivered because you're too stoned to go out and buy more

when i lived in Salem, OR, there was a store called Diem that had an in-house delivery service and they made bank. i never used it myself because it was within walking distance of me, but i still thought it was rad.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

At least in Vancouver, there are already tons of fliers up for weed delivery. If you call the number and order, a moonlighting Uber driver will show up and hand you an eighth in exchange for cash under the table. The only real difference is that Uber is now including it in their app and taking a cut.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Fruits of the sea posted:

No delivery is a missed opportunity though. There's a big market of medicinal users who have limited mobility for one reason or another.

This is just a stretch, but my first thought is that maybe they don't want the drivers getting robbed for the weed they're delivering?

I don't think this is a MARKETING move per se.....or is it?

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1461017870683488262

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Corrupt capitalist... stoners? (in my vagina?)

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Sir Lemming posted:

I followed one Comedy Bang Bang reference with another one, is all

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59357306

So Tesla's app went down the other day and people couldn't unlock their cars for 5 hours(!)

"Tesla drivers say they have been locked out of their cars after an outage struck the carmaker's app.

Dozens of owners posted on social media about seeing an error message on the mobile app that was preventing them from connecting to their vehicles.

Tesla chief executive Elon Musk personally responded to one complaint from a driver in South Korea, saying on Twitter: "Checking."

Mr Musk later said the app was coming back online.

The Tesla app is used as a key by drivers to unlock and start their cars.

Owners posted a multitude of complaints online about not being able to use their vehicles.

"I'm stuck an hour away from home because I normally use my phone to start [my] car," one owner tweeted.

About 500 users reported an error on the app at around 16:40 ET (21:40 GMT) on Friday, according to the outage tracking site DownDetector. Five hours later, there were just over 60 reports of an error.

"Apologies, we will take measures to ensure this doesn't happen again," Mr Musk tweeted."

The internet of really important things!!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

cinni posted:

The internet of really important things!!

For the last few years I've just been saying "I loving told you so, people" about so many technology things

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Mescal posted:

For the last few years I've just been saying "I loving told you so, people" about so many technology things

Being a Luddite is finally starting to pay dividends!

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Car unlocker app needs to phone home because... Uh....

It's key to our business! Never mind this is very inconvenient!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Apparently there is a key and these people chose not to carry it with them and rely solely on the tech because it could never go wrong

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

So they're tesla owners, you mean

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
There’s a baseball player named Kiké Hernandez and his name used to show up on the screen as KIKE HERNANDEZ until they eventually started putting the accent on and then finally just putting up “Enrique.” At least that’s how it went for me, a person who only watches some playoff games if any.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Theswarms posted:

Car unlocker app needs to phone home because... Uh....

It's key to our business! Never mind this is very inconvenient!

The Facebook outage alone should be a wake up call for any organization with an overreliance of tech: IT WILL ALWAYS FAIL AT SOME POINT, HAVE A BACKUP.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Unless they don't want to carry a key around (but they are probably going to have their house/apartment key anyways), a key is going to be faster to use than a phone anyways.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I've heard a lot of people tell me they leave their car unlocked because they want it to get stolen and it never ever ever does

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Unless they don't want to carry a key around (but they are probably going to have their house/apartment key anyways), a key is going to be faster to use than a phone anyways.

tesla drivers are the kind of people who will also have keyless entry for their home as an app on their phone

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Memento posted:

tesla drivers are the kind of people who will also have keyless entry for their home as an app on their phone

Also paying for purchases with Apple pay or whatever, and bragging about leaving their wallets at home

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Memento posted:

I am one of those automated home people with all smart lights/plugs/etc and I will NEVER get keyless entry for my home. Even ignoring the fact that if the service goes out I will be locked outside my dang house, there is a non-zero chance of that poo poo getting hacked. I know it's possible to pick locks, but at least with that there's someone right up against my door that I can notice and take precautions for, vs some hacker in a van a block away. poo poo like my house or my car are way too important to have working for me to rely on some dumb app that can break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I've heard a lot of people tell me they leave their car unlocked because they want it to get stolen and it never ever ever does

Pro tip don't do this, if your car is found the insurance company can run the logs and be like 'Uh why did you leave your car unlocked for 8 hours after you finished driving?'