Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MJeff posted:

If polling opened the same day chapter 18 ended, Tessa would've been #3 easy. I don't think anybody's ever getting higher than that though, 1 and 2 seem pretty fuckin' locked for the rest of this comic's run.

I don't see Tess ever beating Zoe, but she'd at least get close. MAYBE another tie? People freaking love Zoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Dill only got the exact same number of votes as Cagle?! How CONVENIENT for the person who also controls the comic!!

#thefixisin

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Zoe will reach #2 after HP and Undine fusion dance into Heartful Water (Alchemical Punch?) and that will allow Tessoops to reach the #3 slot.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Alchemic Punch is much better

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Q&A Time!

:swoon: GABBY! :swoon:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

We need Gabby to show up in her MG outfit in the near future.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

woooo gabby

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Muscley healer... Why am I imagining Magical Girl Kenshiro, pressure point strike

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Gabby has the same energy as Gwen.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

We need Gabby to show up in her MG outfit in the near future.
That is her MG outfit.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Actually it’d be hilarious if Gabby had no powers but was so buff she was allowed to go out and just punch monsters as if she did.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Actually it’d be hilarious if Gabby had no powers but was so buff she was allowed to go out and just punch monsters as if she did.

They already said in an old comic she has healing powers. Which is why she missed the goops convo, she was healing people from the crazy amount of monsters night

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I get that Gabby is like a background character who doesn't have much to her.

But she's canonically a healer and if we're leading towards the girls eventually becoming one big MG group, she fills a niche they don't have. Gabby for main character status :swoon:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I hope she heals by punching people

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think Gabby's definitely going to be at least a little more important, because aside from her keeping coming up & being the one other person in ghte gym who doesnt know about goops, she has the Cassidy connection & Undine's called back to it and wanting to ask her about it.

Also she's a healer who still goes out on patrols solo! She's so good

e: Actually thinking on it I wonder if it might be relevant that she specifically patrols the outer barrier area.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

girl dick energy posted:

Gabby has the same energy as Gwen.

Gwen was one of my favorite alchemicals and I'm glad Gabby is keeping the flame alive.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Twibbit posted:

I hope she heals by punching people

I am very ready for Healful Punch

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Potsticker posted:

Zoe will reach #2 after HP and Undine fusion dance into Heartful Water (Alchemical Punch?) and that will allow Tessoops to reach the #3 slot.

Cube drew this once in a patreon request stream.
We called her 'Unko' in the Discord.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Cube drew this once in a patreon request stream.

Design looks a little bit busy, but given she has the power of four different magical girls and it was done casually on a stream I can't really dock Mary for it.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/character-qa-dos

Kicks feels the betrayal!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

Ahahaha that's fantastic.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Has the discord named Goops-Tessa?

I vote Goosa.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The name that has stuck is 'Contessa'.

Ragnar34 posted:

I like how Goopy-T's sleeves poof out when she crosses her arms.

The character polls are pretty consistent at this point. I bet Tessy-G even keeps that position unless Bud knocks them back to #6.

Both of these also amused us greatly.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 21, 2021

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ayo Tessy-G

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Confident possibly super evil Tessa owns.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Has the discord named Goops-Tessa?

I vote Goosa.

should call them Toops

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MikeJF posted:

I vote Goosa.

It is a lovely day in the City, and you are a horrible magical girl.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I like new Tessa. She seems to be having fun now. I hope she get's to hang out with the other girls soon.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What's slightly weird to me is that most of Gessa's lines up to this point haven't really been in canon. We're getting most of her(their?) initial characterization from side stuff. It's not like it ruins anything, but it does mean those first few lines of establishing character dialogue were spent on cute gags, like if the Jason Voorhees slipped on a banana peel in his first scene. They'll get that tension back later for sure, but right now they're utterly nonthreatening and I wish them nothing but the best.

Although maybe that's really the energy they bring. You could ABSOLUTELY introduce Freddy Kreuger with a banana peel gag and make it work.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Ragnar34 posted:

What's slightly weird to me is that most of Gessa's lines up to this point haven't really been in canon. We're getting most of her(their?) initial characterization from side stuff. It's not like it ruins anything, but it does mean those first few lines of establishing character dialogue were spent on cute gags, like if the Jason Voorhees slipped on a banana peel in his first scene. They'll get that tension back later for sure, but right now they're utterly nonthreatening and I wish them nothing but the best.

Although maybe that's really the energy they bring. You could ABSOLUTELY introduce Freddy Kreuger with a banana peel gag and make it work.

If you think of this as building on Goops' existing characterisation, it's extremely fitting. So many of Goops' scenes involve her childlishly taunting other characters. Saying "I'm distracting you, mostly" with a big poo poo-eating grin; giving Kokoro a spooky call about her mom; telling Undyne "ha ha ha, you thought I was being literal", etc.

So bragging about how she's actually in fifth place and mocking the audience for not thinking of magic are both completely on brand for her.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I forgot that HP found Kicks. It's interesting because I found a kitten stuck in a cinderblock wall the other day and now she's mine and I wouldn't have minded a catfe that could have looked at my cat and answered questions. They could have told me I don't need KMR and she's old enough for just some decent kitten food, for instance, so I don't have to traumatize her by having to wash diarrhea off her long and luxurious coat of white fur four times in one day and she hated every bath more than the last and god drat did that bedroom reek for a few hours

I need a Kicks origin chapter. It could happen alongside a harrowing story of Tessga finding Matt and kidnapping him for a few hours, maybe. I don't know.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ragnar34 posted:

I need a Kicks origin chapter. It could happen alongside a harrowing story of Tessga finding Matt and kidnapping him for a few hours, maybe. I don't know.

According to Patreon, Mary actually has the story for this in her head already, in case she needs to do a filler chapter or something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

The name that has stuck is 'Contessa'.
I like that. Contrary + Tessa = Contessa. So like Nega-Tessa except a pun.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

girl dick energy posted:

I like that. Contrary + Tessa = Contessa. So like Nega-Tessa except a pun.

I didn't know you were another SD fan.

The interstitial stuff with Contessa is non-canon of course. Cube specifically said that she did it to try to give some levity to the situation.
I feel like the one canonical line we got with Contessa is all we need to get the idea. The way the font solidified as she said 'I'll have to do it myself as usual'. That's Tessa in there. Her ego is completely binary. She either sees herself as the dirt-worst person who doesn't deserve to live or the only person who matters. Complete superiority complex. It's how she got in this mess and it's how she'll stay in this mess.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

The interstitial stuff with Contessa is non-canon of course. Cube specifically said that she did it to try to give some levity to the situation.
I feel like the one canonical line we got with Contessa is all we need to get the idea. The way the font solidified as she said 'I'll have to do it myself as usual'. That's Tessa in there. Her ego is completely binary. She either sees herself as the dirt-worst person who doesn't deserve to live or the only person who matters. Complete superiority complex. It's how she got in this mess and it's how she'll stay in this mess.

Yeah I was chatting with a friend about how it's kind of whiplash to see the old Smug Tessa come back in full force
But like fun whiplash, I mean. It's easy to forget what she's like when she's onyl dealing with NORMAL esteem & teen issues and not the whole "3 of my friends are dead, the other is stil lfighting, this is all my fault etc etc" issues.

Heartwarming: Local Girl Overcomes Depression By Fusing With Horrific Goopy Entity, Is Back On Her Bullshit

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

rannum posted:

Heartwarming: Local Girl Overcomes Depression By Fusing With Horrific Goopy Entity, Is Back On Her Bullshit

Local girl discovers one weird trick to cure depression by selling her soul to the devil. Deities hate her!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Edit: k6bd post in wrong thread somehow oops

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 22, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Been one for years!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

GlyphGryph posted:

Edit: k6bd post in wrong thread somehow oops

Gooptessa is extremely sword poisoned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/

Updated. Love the effect their eyes have when they're transformed and talking to each other with shot-reverse shot.